Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shanes Moving On
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20875

I'd rather see Shane vs. Williams out of all of these fights. I think Berto gives him a good fight as well but he'll make more money fighting Williams. Lets see have fast Richard and Dan gets this thing signed sealed and delivered!

Oh and Williams Decisions Shane by the way.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 7 2009, 05:22 AM) *
Oh and Williams Decisions Shane by the way.

Can anyone beat PW?
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2009, 12:55 AM) *
Can anyone beat PW?

Chad Dawson and BHop. I'd give Abraham a good shot at it too.
STEVENSKI
Floyd would wreck him.
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2009, 01:17 AM) *
Floyd would wreck him.

Hmmm maybe pull out a close decision if he let his hands go.
D-MARV
Shane Mosley is ALL man.

"Shane says he'll be the last man standing, anyway,"

He's a fucking warrior. Let's go Williams Vs Mosley!!!!

If there's one man I wouldn't mind beat Williams, it's Shane Mosley. You gotta Love this dude.

Fuck Mayweather! LOL
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 7 2009, 06:19 AM) *

No I mean a 2nd round KO where Williams teeth penetrate his upper lip. Floyd is that damm good.
torvix2000
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5203.html

So, Shane has heard his trainer, eh?
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 7 2009, 06:11 AM) *
Shane Mosley is ALL man.

"Shane says he'll be the last man standing, anyway,"

He's a fucking warrior. Let's go Williams Vs Mosley!!!!

If there's one man I wouldn't mind beat Williams, it's Shane Mosley. You gotta Love this dude.

PWill is ALL man.

If there's one man I wouldnt mind beat Mosley, it's Paul Williams.
EirbinX
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 7 2009, 02:19 AM) *

if mayweather ever lets his hands go he's gonnna get knocked the fuck out
Box in Hand
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 7 2009, 09:17 AM) *
if mayweather ever lets his hands go he's gonnna get knocked the fuck out

Wow, I almost coughed up my breakfast reading that mess. Floyd is not going to get knocked out by Shane. Not in this lifetime or the next. Not even if Shane went back to the Balco labs and started lifting weights again could he KO Floyd. Get real, Shane has holes in his game the size of melons. He beat Marg's sure but Magrarito is a f#@$%^ loser who if you really look at it can't fight all that well. Margarito has shitty defense, he's slow as a mule, and his boxing brain is not that big. He wins by pressure and a solid chin, oh and he has a great upper cut. Shane was on route to losing to Mayorga of all people. Gimme a break.

Also, against Pwill, Floyd would win just like he did against Corrales. Smart moves, and intelligence.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 7 2009, 10:48 AM) *
Wow, I almost coughed up my breakfast reading that mess. Floyd is not going to get knocked out by Shane. Not in this lifetime or the next. Not even if Shane went back to the Balco labs and started lifting weights again could he KO Floyd. Get real, Shane has holes in his game the size of melons. He beat Marg's sure but Magrarito is a f#@$%^ loser who if you really look at it can't fight all that well. Margarito has shitty defense, he's slow as a mule, and his boxing brain is not that big. He wins by pressure and a solid chin, oh and he has a great upper cut. Shane was on route to losing to Mayorga of all people. Gimme a break.

Also, against Pwill, Floyd would win just like he did against Corrales. Smart moves, and intelligence.

I wont argue outcomes with you Box... but if PBF can beat all these guys no prob like you are claiming, why hasnt he made the fights?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 7 2009, 09:57 AM) *
I wont argue outcomes with you Box... but if PBF can beat all these guys no prob like you are claiming, why hasnt he made the fights?

We all know he takes the least risk for the biggest bucks. That's the thing I dislike about Floyd. History will be his judge and it will only say that he was a talent not fully realized. I believe he fights best under adversity but because he has chosen a different path we may never get to see that greatness. No, I don't like the moves he makes but Yes, I do think he beats PWill and Shane.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 7 2009, 11:14 AM) *
We all know he takes the least risk for the biggest bucks. That's the thing I dislike about Floyd. History will be his judge and it will only say that he was a talent not fully realized. I believe he fights best under adversity but because he has chosen a different path we may never get to see that greatness. No, I don't like the moves he makes but Yes, I do think he beats PWill and Shane.

Thats cool man. I disagree... but thats cool.
EirbinX
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 7 2009, 10:48 AM) *

i meant against pwill not shane remember 3kings post
thehype
How the hell does Floyd Mayweather always seem to take over a thread?

laugh.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 7 2009, 04:25 PM) *
How the hell does Floyd Mayweather always seem to take over a thread?

laugh.gif

When STEVENSKI put his name. LOL!
EirbinX
his fans r the ones takin over the posts
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 7 2009, 10:19 AM) *
Thats cool man. I disagree... but thats cool.

Share your thoughts man, that's what we're here for.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 7 2009, 10:22 AM) *
i meant against pwill not shane remember 3kings post

I know, sorry dude. I misread that, must be the crack I smoked this morning.
torvix2000
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 7 2009, 04:28 PM) *
his fans r the ones takin over the posts

Triggered by STEVENSKI - a hater.
EirbinX
its all good, doubt shane would beat floyd no matter how much i would want him to.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 7 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Share your thoughts man, that's what we're here for.

I believe PBF could lose to both of them. Its 50/50 55/45 any 2 of those 3 you matchup. I dont think not fighting those guys is just PBF taking the easy path. I think they both present him with physical skills he may not be able to handle, and thus his desire not to face them.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 7 2009, 09:48 AM) *
Shane was on route to losing to Mayorga of all people.

Actually that's entirely incorrect. Shane was en route to winning a unanimous decision but then closed the show with a knockout.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jul 7 2009, 11:02 AM) *
Actually that's entirely incorrect. Shane was en route to winning a unanimous decision but then closed the show with a knockout.

Maybe my memory is a little off but according to this article it wasn't a UD at all.

Mosley-Mayorga was originally scheduled for Oct. 11 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer and Mosley's wife and advisor, Jin Mosley, told ESPN.com.

On July 18, 2008, it was reported on ESPN.com's quick hits that The fight between Mayorga and Mosley was moved to the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA and set for September 27th because of the Pavlik-Hopkins fight agreement for October 18th on HBO PPV. And the good news for fight fans was that the Mayorga-Mosley bout was not to be on HBO PPV, instead it was shown on HBO at no cost.

Shane Mosley Stopped Ricardo Mayorga with one second left in the 12th round of their junior middleweight bout, Mosley led by one point on judge Nelson Vasquez's scorecard and five on Tony Crebs' entering the 12th round. Mayorga had a one point lead on judge Pat Russell's card.
Keith
It really doesnt matter. Shane would of won the fight had he not knocked him out. And that was 154, not Shanes best weight.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 7 2009, 12:11 PM) *
It really doesnt matter. Shane would of won the fight had he not knocked him out. And that was 154, not Shanes best weight.

I like Shane. I'm not arguing against him. I just don't think he is all that good anymore. He's lost some steps and I'm not sure if he can beat Floyd. The fight he should go for is Berto or PWill.
iron_mike
I would LOVE to see Shane beat Andre Boringto...arrogant bucktoothed punch-grabHattonairre 'fighter'
Method
I wouldn't mind seeing Allen Green vs PWill.
Waybetter
I Agree with you guys....
The Pacquio vs Mosley fight would of been decent...
but after i seen what williams did to wright...
i doubt Shane want anything to do with Paul thou....
that would be a good fight...but williams will win...
just dont kno if it will be by knock out...or decision...
if Shane wants a big payday with floyd or pacman...
he should not fight williams....his style alone is to much...
mosley is to stiff(no head or body movement)...
but if mosley want to keep his word....
and fight for the fans...
this is a fight we want to see
JLUVBABY
one fight we will never see is mosely vs. paul williams... he doesnt want that fight... i dont think he can win that fight as a matter fact.... they might throw his name out but guarenteed he will fight someone else everytime at the end of the day... i'm not to sure mosely wanted berto... not hating mosely but he is not the biggest ticket seller and he has i believe taken himself somewhat out of the equation... he's still dangerous but i dont think he's willing to make the fights (as in the berto fight he passed on) that will help get him back to where he wants to be to demand the multi millions he THINKS he's worth... and the longer he waits the worse off it will be for him.. he's not a young man in boxing terms anymore... and call the fight close or not he fought tooth and nail with ricardo mayorga... that is a no no, upper class fighters should be able to take care of him.... he beat a plasterless margarito... solid win.. but he should have in my opinion capitalized on that win... it seems like he feels he should be GIVEN the superfights but truth is he needs to work for them, as good a fighter he is i dont see him as that big a draw.... pac. vs. mayweather will generate God awful money.... pac. vs. mosely is a very solid fight as well but its not the fight to be made money wise right now.. but i do think mosely would be the logical opponent for the winner.... just my opinion on the topic.
Keith
It would not be an easy fight for Mosley if he fights PWill. I still maintain, as I have said in the past, that PWill coming back to 47 after spending the last year and a half at 54 and 60 could be disasterous for him. I am sure if he says he can make the weight, he can, but it will not be as easy for him as it once was. All things being equal, PWill probably gives Mosley a real hard time. But at 47, PWill will be razor thin through his midsection. Shane is a fighter, he always responds when he gets tagged and if Shane can commit to the body early and often despite being tagged by PWills volume... the Punisher may run out of gas and that chin might weaken a bit. Early rounds to PWill, but Shane could outlast him.
provo
Paul Williams would easily outbox Mosley who has NO defense.Berto would catch Mosley all day with his uppercuts ! Mayweather would Catch him all day with that straight right.
IT DON'T MATTER WHAT HE DID AGAINST MARGARITO! Who in the right state of mind would be focusing on fighting after u got caught cheatinG ???? Im sure Margarito has shit on his mind ! LOL..
D-MARV
I wouldn't count Shane completely out! Shane at 147 would be a tougher fight than Pavlik at 160.
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:33 PM) *
I wouldn't count Shane completely out! Shane at 147 would be a tougher fight than Pavlik at 160.

I like the way you think. Shane and PWill could be a classic.
King Eugene
No clear cut winner but Shane vs. PWill goes the distance. No one will be getting stopped here. I see it turning into a slugfest though. Shane and Williams dont mind trading and everyone knows once Shane is popped he is looking to respond immediately. Only thing I question though would Shane be able to let loose those bombs on Williams like he did against Margarito. Margarito was so slow that Shane could really sit on those counter punches and unleash them with massive furry. Will he be able to do the same with Williams without receiving another punch or two in the mean time?
JD
Williams would handle Mosley with EASE.

I give Mosley very little chance against Williams.
Vodoo
Paul Williams could beat Shane, but he fights like a fucking moron and will probably beat himself. The only time Paul fought a smart fight was against Margarito, where he used his height and reach perfectly and clinched whenever Margarito got inside. Every other fight PWill has gone in brawling wrecklessly which led to him losing to Quintana and even in the rematch he went right back to doing the same thing but just happened to win. If PWill brawls against Mosley rather than boxing him safely from a distance, it's not a guarantee he'll lose, but he'll definitely be giving Mosley a bigger oppurtunity to win.
Keith
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Jul 7 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Paul Williams could beat Shane, but he fights like a fucking moron and will probably beat himself. The only time Paul fought a smart fight was against Margarito, where he used his height and reach perfectly and clinched whenever Margarito got inside. Every other fight PWill has gone in brawling wrecklessly which led to him losing to Quintana and even in the rematch he went right back to doing the same thing but just happened to win. If PWill brawls against Mosley rather than boxing him safely from a distance, it's not a guarantee he'll lose, but he'll definitely be giving Mosley a bigger oppurtunity to win.

What? Come on dude!
JLUVBABY
paul williams would handle shane mosely with no problem.. possibly even getting the stoppage.... thats why we will never see that fight unless it has huge dollar signs on it for mosely and as good as williams is he dont have the name for mosely to take that risk... people talk about floyd but all these fighters know who they should and should not be in the ring with... the money has to be right or the fight needs to set up something bigger for them to take the risk... but mosely and williams will never share the same ring because mosleys people know that williams style is ALL wrong for him... as a fighter i dont think mosely is scared of williams but moselys people know to keep him as far away from williams as possible.... he'd keep mosley at the end of those long arms and pepper him all night and if mosely got inside punish him with uppercuts... thats a very bad fight for mosely...
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 7 2009, 09:44 PM) *
paul williams would handle shane mosely with no problem.. possibly even getting the stoppage.... thats why we will never see that fight unless it has huge dollar signs on it for mosely and as good as williams is he dont have the name for mosely to take that risk... people talk about floyd but all these fighters know who they should and should not be in the ring with... the money has to be right or the fight needs to set up something bigger for them to take the risk... but mosely and williams will never share the same ring because mosleys people know that williams style is ALL wrong for him... as a fighter i dont think mosely is scared of williams but moselys people know to keep him as far away from williams as possible.... he'd keep mosley at the end of those long arms and pepper him all night and if mosely got inside punish him with uppercuts... thats a very bad fight for mosely...

Only one thing I disagree with...Williams never keeps anybody at bay with his long arms. He tends to let them get inside quite a bit. I think everyone he has fought has managed to get inside. Thing is Williams is still a beast inside! Shane wont win!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 7 2009, 08:10 PM) *
Williams would handle Mosley with EASE.

I agree.

Mosley doesn't need to prove how big his balls are by fighting Williams at this stage of his career. He's already proven that by fighting guys like Vernon and Winky when few others wanted to, and those fights cost him considerably at the time. He's not going to make the same mistake thrice. Another bad loss like those and his career at the top is over and done for good.

With Pac, PBF and Cotto out of the picture, I think Mosley goes for Berto in the meantime, which makes the most sense as Berto has a title and is still undefeated.

If he can't get Berto this year my guess is we see the bout with Zab rekindled as a stay-busy.

Paul Williams? No chance. No one at 47 is going to fight him, and I don't blame a single one of them for it.
Method
I'd give both Allen Green and Kelly Pavlik good chances at beating PWill.
D-MARV
I'd give Allan Green a good chance as well. He's athletic and he can crack.
Method
Green probably moreso than Pav
D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 8 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Green probably moreso than Pav

Definitely.

I would like to see Green in with one of those guys at 168.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 7 2009, 08:58 PM) *
Only one thing I disagree with...Williams never keeps anybody at bay with his long arms. He tends to let them get inside quite a bit. I think everyone he has fought has managed to get inside. Thing is Williams is still a beast inside! Shane wont win!

i thought he did a good job of keeping winky at bay... and quintana the second time around was at the end of those long arms as well... but yeah you right.. inside williams is a beast and seems to have gotten better after the first quintana fight.... shane cant win that fight...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 8 2009, 11:48 AM) *
I'd give Allan Green a good chance as well. He's athletic and he can crack.

thing is williams has to move up and take those kind of fights if he wants the bigger fights, no, and i repeat no welter will fight him, they might call him out but they wont fight him.... paul is a natural or was a natural welterweight as tall as he is... something tells me after what he did with winky he might have problems getting fights at jr. middle as well.. it would be fun to see him test himself though against pavlik or one of the middleweight champs... i think right now allen green might be too big for him... i would like to see him grow into more of a middleweight before taking that kind of fight but for the fans it would be a good fight now i guess... i just think green is too big for him right now...
Keith
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jul 8 2009, 12:25 PM) *
I agree.

Mosley doesn't need to prove how big his balls are by fighting Williams at this stage of his career. He's already proven that by fighting guys like Vernon and Winky when few others wanted to, and those fights cost him considerably at the time. He's not going to make the same mistake thrice. Another bad loss like those and his career at the top is over and done for good.

Hopkins lost twice to Taylor and was able to land a big fight with Tarver. He lost to Calzage and was able to land Pavlik.
Winky caught a draw with Taylor, then lost to Hopkins, took 2 yrs off and was able to land PWill.
Marquez lost to Pac and was able to land Diaz and later Mayweather.
Forrest lost to Mora and was able to land Mora again.
Jones lost to Tarver twice, Johnson, and down the road was able to land Trinidad and Calzage.

I am sure there are more... these were just off the top my head from recent history. Point being that old Hall of Fame fighters can land bigs fights even after big losses.
D-MARV
Im hearing whispers of a potential Mosley-Berto fight this fall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.