Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I'm in love...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
The CEO
GOD it's good.

I've been cheating on Beer with Tequila here and there the past few months....and all I got to say is....is this Tequila the best bang for the buck or WHAT?...at $40 including tax...I think it just could be...

I know there's way finer ones out there...the kind you sip neat with a cigar....but Jesus CHRIST....these Margaritas go down way too easy...fucking Agave FLAVOR.

What you think, Meth?...I know you drink the pricey stuff....speak on this Spirit for the people...

I want some feedback from my fellow drinkers on this....
rusty_trombone
Dude, check out these brands

Fina estampa
Herencia del plata
Scorpion mezcal
Herradura

I only drink blanco tequila, has the most agave flavor
The CEO
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 9 2009, 08:58 AM) *
Dude, check out these brands

Fina estampa
Herencia del plata
Scorpion mezcal
Herradura

I only drink blanco tequila, has the most agave flavor

I personally like the dark, aged stuff when it comes to Tequila....Reposados don't cut it with me either.....I don't know...the darker color makes me feel better about it or something...lol....I have the same mindset when it comes to my Rums too...

I only know Herradura from that list....and several other 2nd shelvers like Don Eduardo, Don Julio, Patron...etc....

I'll look into those others.....but I really think this Hornitos Anejo is the best for the price when it comes to Margaritas and shots....

The lady at the store was raving about El Jimador....it's 100% and only 20 bucks...you know about that one?....and what did you think of Cazadores?....I thought it was a little above average....
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jul 9 2009, 09:25 AM) *
I personally like the dark, aged stuff when it comes to Tequila....Reposados don't cut it with me either.....I don't know...the darker color makes me feel better about it or something...lol....I have the same mindset when it comes to my Rums too...

I only know Herradura from that list....and several other 2nd shelvers like Don Eduardo, Don Julio, Patron...etc....

I'll look into those others.....but I really think this Hornitos Anejo is the best for the price when it comes to Margaritas and shots....

The lady at the store was raving about El Jimador....it's 100% and only 20 bucks...you know about that one?....and what did you think of Cazadores?....I thought it was a little above average....

El jimador is good, Mexicans love it. Cazadores not so much.

As far as the color, it all has to do with age. Tequila, like all other spirits is clear off the still, it gets its color from barrel age. (unless it shitty, then its just coloring) so the darker, the longer its been in a barrel, and subsequently it picks up more flavor from the barrel and it relaxes the spirit more. Anejo spends a minimum of, I think , 1 year in a barrel, while reposado is a minimum of 3 months or something. Obviously blanco sees no barrel time, just stainless steel.

That being said, 10 extra bucks on a bottle of tequila goes a loooong way
Method
Trumbone, I bought a bottle of that Herradura Selecion for new year's. Good stuff. Smooth as fk!
The CEO
I sing the chorus of this song as I pour the Hornitos in the blender...

My wife gets pissed...lol

The CEO
I'm here to say El Jimador Reposado 100% De Agave gets the job DONE.

I got a liter of this for 24 bucks + tax....5 ounces Tequila, 5 ounces Margarita mix....that's one drink...and it'll get your head right...
The CEO
Got some Cuervo Tradicional yesterday...it's not as good as El Jimador...and the latter is not nearly as good as Sauza Hornitos.

I'm pretty sure El Jimador is the best Tequila in the $20-$30 range....

rusty_trombone
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 8 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Got some Cuervo Tradicional yesterday...it's not as good as El Jimador...and the latter is not nearly as good as Sauza Hornitos.

I'm pretty sure El Jimador is the best Tequila in the $20-$30 range....

Don't sleep on Corralejo, give that a shot if you see it, and see what price you can get on Herencia Plata.

Also, Pueblo Viejo is not bad for the price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.