Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MIKE TYSON RETURNS????
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
Ok' so I was reading on Maxboxing that Mike tyson is returning to the ring Dec.20 vs Siberian Nenad Stankovic !

Does anyone know if this is true ?? If so how does everyone feel about iron Mike making a Return to the ring??
Keith
If there is any truth to it... he must need money.
EirbinX
Noooo!!!! the only place i wanna see him fight is in fight night rd 4
Box in Hand
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 8 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Noooo!!!! the only place i wanna see him fight is in fight night rd 4

A to the motherf$@$% MAN! Tyson (Keep your fat ass in the house and up in some coochie). We love you Mike, make money another way.
EirbinX
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 8 2009, 09:48 PM) *
A to the motherf$@$% MAN! Tyson (Keep your fat ass in the house and up in some coochie). We love you Mike, make money another way.

max got that shit from doghouseboxing.com (not too crdible in my opinion) and they got it from "international reports". I smell shit
King Eugene
Mike aint fighting!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Jul 8 2009, 08:55 PM) *
max got that shit from doghouseboxing.com (not too crdible in my opinion) and they got it from "international reports". I smell shit

Yup, horse shit, dog shit, little itty bitty baby shit too. Mike ain't coming back, I'm with you. If he does, I'm building a rocket ship cause I can't be here NO more.
provo
I hope it aint true! I was disapointed in his last fight.
If he did comeback who would train him ?
Would there be any trainer out there that would get to him get him focused?
Probably not LOL
Romulus9
For now, I don't believe it... mainly because I just don't want to. If this fight actually happens, I'm guessing Holyfield-Tyson III on PPV can't be far behind.

Here's another link:

Tyson returns?
Romulus9
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 8 2009, 10:10 PM) *
I hope it aint true! I was disapointed in his last fight.
If he did comeback who would train him ?
Would there be any trainer out there that would get to him get him focused?
Probably not LOL

I wouldn't say that. Freddie Roach did. Roach trained him for the Danny Williams fight and Mike looked a little like classic Mike until he hurt his knee. It was unreal.

Just avoid Jay Bright, Aaron Snowell, and the water-filled condoms.
provo
Well if Iron Mike does come back I hope he trains hard and gets in shape lol, the heavyweight division needs something lol.
If he does fight I wonder if his daughters passing has anything to do with that.
Maybe the man has some anger in him,ready to explode!
King Eugene
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 9 2009, 12:16 AM) *
Well if Iron Mike does come back I hope he trains hard and gets in shape lol, the heavyweight division needs something lol.
If he does fight I wonder if his daughters passing has anything to do with that.
Maybe the man has some anger in him,ready to explode!

Tyson gets stopped by all the top heavyweights excluding Valuez
Romulus9
If in shape, I give the black Tyson a good shot to stop the White Tyson, which is the most ridiculous nickname in sports, relatively speaking.
BigG
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 9 2009, 03:35 AM) *
I wouldn't say that. Freddie Roach did. Roach trained him for the Danny Williams fight and Mike looked a little like classic Mike until he hurt his knee. It was unreal.

Just avoid Jay Bright, Aaron Snowell, and the water-filled condoms.

Yeah, Roach did a great job with Mike.

Fenech, the scumbag, is a terrible trainer. Mike looked way slower and out of shape with him.

As for Tyson's return. I'll watch it and root for him.
torvix2000
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 9 2009, 08:38 AM) *
As for Tyson's return. I'll watch it and root for him.

George, just some quiz, at what weight did Mike come in against Golota?
Big Slim Sweet
Tyson vs. Butterbean could be interesting. Or Tyson vs. Bob Sapp.

Tyson vs. Mark Gastineau or Jose Canseco too. Man, imagine the possibilities.

Seriously, Tyson as a boxer - present tense - should never be mentioned here again. It would be terrible for the sport and for Mike.
Spyder
Eh, let the man fight.

He has the right to make money just like the rest of us. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I hope he gets it.
JLUVBABY
mika aint fighting nuthin but his addictions... we will never see him in the ring again... that report was nonsence...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 9 2009, 10:35 AM) *
Eh, let the man fight.

He has the right to make money just like the rest of us. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I hope he gets it.

Let the man make money for sure, but there are better ways for him to do it at this point. "The Hangover 2", commentating, etc. Something that allows him to preserve some dignity. From everything you've heard Mike say the past however many years, have you ever gotten the sense that fighting is his pursuit of happiness anymore?
Spyder
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jul 9 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Let the man make money for sure, but there are better ways for him to do it at this point. "The Hangover 2", commentating, etc. Something that allows him to preserve some dignity. From everything you've heard Mike say the past however many years, have you ever gotten the sense that fighting is his pursuit of happiness anymore?

I'd say the ability to pay the bills would make him pretty damn happy.

I have a feeling that if he had another way to make money, then he would definitely do it. The sad fact is that he is a trained fighter. His skillset is extremely narrow. He should be able to do what he knows. Which is how to fight.
iron_mike
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 9 2009, 08:04 AM) *
George, just some quiz, at what weight did Mike come in against Golota?

Not George here, but 222 and looked great in that first round...actual old school head movement and bobbing and weaving early on...the intentional head butt where he lunged at Golota was pretty funny
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 9 2009, 03:00 PM) *
I'd say the ability to pay the bills would make him pretty damn happy.

I have a feeling that if he had another way to make money, then he would definitely do it. The sad fact is that he is a trained fighter. His skillset is extremely narrow. He should be able to do what he knows. Which is how to fight.

Except that he sucks balls as a fighter now and has made clear time and again in interviews that he doesn't want to fight anymore.

You're right there's no other way for him to make a one-time jackpot like there is with fighting, but Mike's track record also shows he's not exactly adept at handling jackpot type sums of money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.