Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NAS is without the best rapper ever....
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG
I just listened to track I've always overlooked..."project windows" and I'm blown away once again. Forget Pac. Nas = GOAT. Rakim 2nd place, BIG 3rd place.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 9 2009, 02:37 AM) *
I just listened to track I've always overlooked..."project windows" and I'm blown away once again. Forget Pac. Nas = GOAT. Rakim 2nd place, BIG 3rd place.

Big L,Canibus,Rakim,Nas,and Juice are the top 5 best ever in my opinion..Putting them in order would be hard but I think Big L would take #1 for his rhymes and for what he did for hip hop..
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 9 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Big L,Canibus,Rakim,Nas,and Juice are the top 5 best ever in my opinion..Putting them in order would be hard but I think Big L would take #1 for his rhymes and for what he did for hip hop..

Big L was ridiculous with his rhyme scheme. Canibus is dope but just has shittyass beat production. Rakim is classic. Nas changed the whole scene with "Illmatic" but I still like "It was Written" better. It's unfortunate Juice only really stayed on underground/battle rapper level.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (snoopnick @ Jul 9 2009, 09:33 AM) *
Big L was ridiculous with his rhyme scheme. Canibus is dope but just has shittyass beat production. Rakim is classic. Nas changed the whole scene with "Illmatic" but I still like "It was Written" better. It's unfortunate Juice only really stayed on underground/battle rapper level.

It does suck about Juice..Freestyle or written is such a dope song and it is up there with the best..I think Juice beat Super Natural in scribblejam but whatever..Juice deserves to be mentioned as an all time great..

I really like Canibus' beats but some are too far out there and shitty..He sometimes makes beats whack in freestyles just to show he can flow on any beat..

As far as Big L,hip hop would not be the same had he not been around..If you think you know hip hop and don't know Big L,think again..His story telling was so good you could picture it perfectly in your head..Casualities of a dice game is a prime example..
ROLL DEEP
Too many MC's to mention!

My personal favourites change from month to month, Killah Priest, Jus Allah, Canibus, Royce 5'9, etc, etc.

GOAT? Gotta go with Biggie. Or Nas maybe. I don't know man....it's hard to have just ONE artist to fill that spot as there is an argument to be made with a good 4 or 5 MC's. An argument could be made for Pac, Big, Nas, Big L, KRS, quite a few.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Jul 10 2009, 02:39 AM) *
Too many MC's to mention!

My personal favourites change from month to month, Killah Priest, Jus Allah, Canibus, Royce 5'9, etc, etc.

GOAT? Gotta go with Biggie. Or Nas maybe. I don't know man....it's hard to have just ONE artist to fill that spot as there is an argument to be made with a good 4 or 5 MC's. An argument could be made for Pac, Big, Nas, Big L, KRS, quite a few.

I haven't listened to Jus Allah in a minute but I was a big fan..Jedi Mind Tricks was sweet when Jus Allah was in there..Violent by Design is one of the best hip hop cds in my opinion..I wasnt the biggest fan of Vinny's voice but he had some sweet rhymes..
BigG
2pac is definitely NOT the GOAT. I know how popular he is and how much of an impact he had but his catalog does not compare to Nas. Nas has too many classic tracks.

Biggie could've been the GOAT but his career was too short. Ready To Die was incredible....fuck it every single track in that album was hard especially the last one "Suicidal Thoughts"..gloomiest and darkest hip hop song ever...

Big L is same as Bigge....

I'd just say Nas is the GOAT based on all of his work...

But then again theres no right or wrong in music...
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 10 2009, 08:44 AM) *
I haven't listened to Jus Allah in a minute but I was a big fan..Jedi Mind Tricks was sweet when Jus Allah was in there..Violent by Design is one of the best hip hop cds in my opinion..I wasnt the biggest fan of Vinny's voice but he had some sweet rhymes..

Jedi Mind Tricks has the dopest beats. Stoupe is one of the sickest DJs in the game. Vinny Paz doesn't do his beats justice IMO.
Snoop
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 10 2009, 01:45 PM) *
2pac is definitely NOT the GOAT. I know how popular he is and how much of an impact he had but his catalog does not compare to Nas. Nas has too many classic tracks.

Biggie could've been the GOAT but his career was too short. Ready To Die was incredible....fuck it every single track in that album was hard especially the last one "Suicidal Thoughts"..gloomiest and darkest hip hop song ever...

Big L is same as Bigge....

I'd just say Nas is the GOAT based on all of his work...

But then again theres no right or wrong in music...

The thing about Nas is that he's had some top notch albums (Illmatic, It was Written, Stillmatic) and some really shitty ones (Nastradamus). Big L and Biggie were both cut short. But it's hard to put a GOAT on MCs, especially when there's so many different styles and genres even within hip-hop.
The Original MrFactor
KRS1 is the greatest rapper ever!! everybody else starts to come in at about 10th...
BigG
Well, I wouldn't really call Nastradamus shitty..compared to other albums yes it is weak...but listen to some of the tracks..."Ghetto Prisoners", especially Project Windows....he shows flashes of brilliance. Thats the only album you can consider weak imo...."God's Son" is probably my 2nd favorite album.
Snoop
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 11 2009, 12:40 AM) *
Well, I wouldn't really call Nastradamus shitty..compared to other albums yes it is weak...but listen to some of the tracks..."Ghetto Prisoners", especially Project Windows....he shows flashes of brilliance. Thats the only album you can consider weak imo...."God's Son" is probably my 2nd favorite album.

"I Am" and "Nastradamus" is where I thought Nas started falling off. He redeemed himself with "Stillmatic" though.
King Eugene
One thing I think cant be disputed is Either is hands down THE HARDEST diss track of all times. Every single word in every single line was toward dissing Jay. Straight murder!
The Original MrFactor
Guess you guys never heard "The Bridge is Over." KRS1 ended MC Shans career...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 11 2009, 12:19 AM) *
Guess you guys never heard "The Bridge is Over." KRS1 ended MC Shans career...

KRS1 is a badddd man on the mic..He is in my top 10..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.