Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Event Does More PPV Buys?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
So what do you guys think?

I really don't know the answer...I assume it is close.
Jack 1000
I don't know enough about MMA PPV stats to say one way or the other. But I did vote for a close difference between the two events.

Jack
JLUVBABY
i chose pac. may fight because it has hit the status of being talked about in the barber shops etc.. it is common talk on the street from fans and casuals alike... i could be dead wrong but i just think that while ufc 100 is a pretty big event pac. vs may. will be a huge event.. especially if they make the undercard worth while... thikng is tho we are way ahead of ourselves.. pac and may. is not guarenteed to happen... pac is not guarenteed to beat cotto at any weight and floyd could get clipped by marquez... if its true an ameture hurt his ribs it could mean slippage and or major rust... just saying.. not sure i believe that story but IF its true then it is what it is.. marquez all of a sudden becomes a very dangerous first fight back... what if they both lose?...lol...
AussieLad
UFC 100

Mainly because Pac vs Mayweather will never happen imo
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 10 2009, 05:31 PM) *
UFC 100

Mainly because Pac vs Mayweather will never happen imo

you are very correct...
thehype
DEFINITELY Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, although UFC PPV numbers are extremely impressive. The difference is that the UFC can do a lot more PPV events than boxing can, so UFC 100 might not do as many as Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, but UFC 100 AND UFC 101 could combine to do as many.
JD
I was assuming UFC 100 would do in the area of 1.4 - 1.5 million buys.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 10 2009, 07:39 PM) *
I was assuming UFC 100 would do in the area of 1.4 - 1.5 million buys.

Really?

UFC is that big? I never even heard of Mir. I only know Brock becuase I use to watch the WWE. I guarantee, EVERY hardcore UFC fan has heard of both Manny and Mayweather.

Is UFC big in other countries? I.E The Philippines
True-Boxing-Fan
They are promoting the shit out of this UFC100 on spike TV. They are predicting around 1.3-1.4 million buys for it, which i think they'll get. You can count I wont be one of them, I hate the UFC. But with the Pac-Mayweather fight which I just love and hope gets made is kind of unpredictable IMO when it comes to numbers, but it could do very good numbers. I was dead set on thinking Pac-Hatton would break 1million buys. It did a very good 800,000+ buys but I was a little shocked. Maybe its the ODLH factor but i dont see the Pac-Mayweather fight not doing more than around 1.3 million max. I think it depends on how the Marquez-Mayweather fight plays out. But in truth 1.3 million buys are great numbers in these economic times. I think it could go either way on who has more buys.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Really?

UFC is that big? I never even heard of Mir. I only know Brock becuase I use to watch the WWE. I guarantee, EVERY hardcore UFC fan has heard of both Manny and Mayweather.

Maybe I am over estimating the selling power of a card with Lesnar and St. Pierre on it, but Lesnar - Couture did a little better than 1,000,000 buys, plus this being UFC 100 my assumption is that it will be something even some non UFC fans buy.
Spyder
I want to rescind my vote for close...I misread the fight and didn't realize it was the mythical Pac-Mayweather fight.

Pac-Mayweather will crush UFC 100. EASY.

The only way UFC 100 would win is if they had Dale Earnhardt jr vs Jeff Gordon in the cage...or doing donuts in the parking lot.
thehype
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 10 2009, 07:52 PM) *
Really?

JD is right...it probably will do close to those numbers. Yes, UFC IS that big. They've consistently been doing 500-800,000 for pretty much all of their PPV events. Sure, every hardcore UFC fan has heard of both Manny and Mayweather, but it doesn't mean they're going to watch them fight. However, as you just mentioned, EVERY hardcore WWE fan has heard of Brock Lesnar and they're DEFINITELY going to be tuning in tonight to see him fight. That's part of the reason why UFC 100 will likely do more than 1 million buys...because not only are they pulling in all of the MMA fans, but they're also pulling in a lot of wrestling fans as well. Not to mention, UFC 100 in and of itself is a pretty big event...the UFC Fan Expo that they're doing in Vegas right now is HUGE...Vegas is buzzing right now. This is a HUGE weekend for the UFC and yes, it is big in other countries...Brazil, UK, Germany, Japan...a lot of countries.

rusty_trombone
I don't know, after Mayweather wipes the floor with Marquez and if Pac looks good against Cotto I think Mayweather-Pac could do like 1.6-1.8 million buys. I almost certainly think that will be more than the UFC 100. I guess Lesnar was in the WWF.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.