Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holyfield-Bowe 1
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Watching ESPN Classic and WOW, what a fight...

Wladimir Klitschko would soil his pants just watching this fight.

WAR BOWE-HOLYFIELD
JLUVBABY
i have this entire live ppv card... i watched it my senior year of high school... it was a great great fight... that riddick bowe was focused and easily the best heavy in the world at the time...
The Original MrFactor
Easily one of the 10 greatest HW fights in history... An all out war... I remember giving Holyfield alot of crap because he didnt fight this guy or that guy as a heavyweight. When he signed to fight Bowe, i knew he was in trouble... But... He put up a helluva fight and earned my respect. Rounds 9-11 were brutal... Great great fight...

The 3 Holyfield fights made Bowe's career...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 11 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Easily one of the 10 greatest HW fights in history... An all out war... I remember giving Holyfield alot of crap because he didnt fight this guy or that guy as a heavyweight. When he signed to fight Bowe, i knew he was in trouble... But... He put up a helluva fight and earned my respect. Rounds 9-11 were brutal... Great great fight...

those 3 fights took a lot out of bowe as a fighter too...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 11 2009, 12:02 AM) *

They may have made Bowe's career,but they ultimately ended it too and left Bowe as a vegetable..He is punchy because of Holy..Holy was the first guy to drop Bowe in the pros..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 11 2009, 03:13 AM) *
They may have made Bowe's career,but they ultimately ended it too and left Bowe as a vegetable..He is punchy because of Holy..Holy was the first guy to drop Bowe in the pros..

Yep and what happen after that? Holy got his ass knocked smooth out! Bowe owned Holy!
Warlord
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:27 AM) *
Yep and what happen after that? Holy got his ass knocked smooth out! Bowe owned Holy!

Bowe never "owned" Holyfield. What a ridiculous statement. The 1st 2 fights were brutal wars, and the third found a severly ill Holyfield still finding a way to put Bowe on the deck and nearly stopping him.

Holyfield went on to win more world titles. Bowe went on to brain damage and a failed stint in boot camp.

In the end, Bowe won some of the battles, but Holyfield definitley won the war.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 11 2009, 04:49 AM) *

Yeah that about sums it up perfectly.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 11 2009, 05:49 AM) *
Bowe never "owned" Holyfield. What a ridiculous statement. The 1st 2 fights were brutal wars, and the third found a severly ill Holyfield still finding a way to put Bowe on the deck and nearly stopping him.

Holyfield went on to win more world titles. Bowe went on to brain damage and a failed stint in boot camp.

I know that shit man. The proof is in the pudding. I just like fucking with JohnnyBlaze
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jul 11 2009, 12:15 PM) *
Yeah that about sums it up perfectly.

I totally agree..Bowe also got outboxed in the second fight..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.