Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@8PMCST: Agbeko vs. Darchinyan (SPOILERS 8:15)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all comments on the IBF Bantamweight Title Fight tonight. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
just want to let my homies know i will be gone for the next 2 weeks due to the job... i will be in kentucky... if i can get to a computer i will chat with you guys.. if not i will talk to you guys in bout 2 weeks...
AussieLad
"At the IBF’s mandatory weigh-in the morning of the fight:

Joseph Agbeko 121.1 lbs | Vic Darchinyan. 127.7 lbs"

Vics the bigger man by nearly 7 pounds?

I think i will change my pick from Darchinyan by UD to Vic by KO round 9
JLUVBABY
is it just me or did the punch adjaho said landed in the back of his head miss while he was down...?.. his acting just caused him a fight he could have had a chance to win....
salvador
Nice intro from Showtime:

"Two world travelers"

nice context
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Kind of a weird ending right there. It looked like he got nailed when he was down, but the replay showed demarco actually threw the punch before he went down. It was awesome watching Jim Gray have to back down from the ref after that one. I thought the fight was kind of boring until the 5th round, just because DeMarco doesn't let his hands go. Arguably, he could have lost the first three rounds, even though I thought he won the first. If DeMarco goes up against Valero next he won't last more than a round or 2. Valero will jump on him early and stop him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Christ, there's a long delay until the next fight. This is like HBOPPV when they have time to fill...they're talking about every fukin thing including Michael Jackson.
Al Hata
Is Agbeko wearing the michael jackson one glove on his mit? haha.
JLUVBABY
vic is in a fight tonight... lets see how he reacts...
salvador
Agbeko has some seriously good body movement for a brawler.
Al Hata

Vics gettin worked midway through the fight.
Al Hata

wow, Vic with the knockdown. Looked like Agbeko got caught off balance. He's not hurt but big for Vic.
Al Hata

LOL! the timekeeper messed up the round and they fought 4 minutes in round 7.
salvador
Whatever happens here, a rematch is in order.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 11 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Whatever happens here, a rematch is in order.

yep this is a good one...
MarzB
My god, the fact that both of these guys have never heard of a jab is making me cringe. Agbecko if he had one could have won this by blinding Vic while he shoots the right following it.

Vic has always been an overglorified club fighter in my opinion.

It's going into the 12th round. God forbid Agbecko coast and he loses this fight,lol
salvador
Thank God, but 114-113 on two cards was way way way too close.
MarzB
QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 11 2009, 10:24 PM) *

Couldn't agree with you more. I barely gave Vic 3 rounds.
iron_mike
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Fuck that cocky spaghetti crab retard!! And that ref was almost as bad as Dave Paris who did the Tszyu/Hatton fight...
I hope this means we don't have to see Vic for a LONG time, if ever again...great performance by Agbeko, Crab had no answer for the right hand....and nice to see an African/Ghana fighter not get jobbed
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 11 2009, 10:26 PM) *
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Fuck that cocky spaghetti crab retard!! And that ref was almost as bad as Dave Paris who did the Tszyu/Hatton fight...
I hope this means we don't have to see Vic for a LONG time, if ever again...great performance by Agbeko, Crab had no answer for the right hand....and nice to see an African/Ghana fighter not get jobbed

L.O.L!!!... you'll see vic again on showtime... they love vic for some reason... its good to see him get humbled tho.. he's a cocky fucker... i also agree 114-113 was way way too close... vic hardly won a round..
salvador
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 11 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Couldn't agree with you more. I barely gave Vic 3 rounds.

I love the hell out of Darchinyan, he's still one of my very very favorite fighters, but I'm just so sick and tired of the money side of the scorecard getting such unfair bias.

I really hope there's a rematch and they split the purse 50%-50%.
caneman
Pffffft and Vic said he wanted Raffy! lolz! He would get smoked in less than 5 rounds unless the Raffy vs Izzy trilogy trashed Raffy! Too funny IMO!
iron_mike
What would be nice if he moves back down and rematches with Donaire and get starched again and then retires...Stevenski, anyone, no Starchedinyan Hate Wagon??? If so, I'll be the 1st to join. Sign me up!!!
torvix2000
LOL!

Agbeko is SMARTER!!!
The CEO
The smarter fighter won tonight.

laugh.gif

That Agbeko wasn't gonna be denied, was he?...he trained to perfection for this one...the head movement and right hand leads...sky high conditioning...with a great chin to boot.....he was formidable in there....

As for Vic....well...he pulled a Hatton....his emotions were his downfall...mislead by his delusions of his size and power....he basically fought like a dumbass the majority of the fight...in his defense, unlike Hatton, he did make some adjustments...but it was too little too late...

Can't believe he kept rushing in over and over again going for the big punch he never landed against Donaire...I knew he was in trouble the very first round...

Anyway....what a mess that was...lol...congratulations to Agbeko.
torvix2000
Every rational people should stop rationalizing boxing 'coz we won't know how until after the fight is over. I think being SMARTER in the ring starts, ironically, from being smarter outside the ring.
torvix2000
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jul 12 2009, 04:01 AM) *
The smarter fighter won tonight.

laugh.gif

Anyway....what a mess that was...lol...congratulations to Agbeko.

You were wrong this time CEO? If so, it's because you didn't rely on the dark FORCE. Hahaha!
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2009, 04:14 AM) *
Disappointing performance by Vic, he went back to his old style.

Statistically speaking, he'll always be like that. Unless the opponent has no pop... or with much pop but as one-dimensional as Arce.
kidbazooka1
F*ck yeah im loving it Darchinyan's bitch ass got whooped i hope that loud mouth piece of sh*t learns how to keep his mouth shut from now on.

Nah i know that f*cker will continue running his mouth unitl his next loss.

Agbeko is the f*Ckign man.
The CEO
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 12 2009, 12:05 AM) *
You were wrong this time CEO? If so, it's because you didn't rely on the dark FORCE. Hahaha!

lol...hmmmm....maybe that WAS why I was wrong.....it's true...I didn't Hate either of them....

Nahhh.....the Darchinyan of late didn't show up...and Agbeko was smarter and better than ever.
AussieLad
Vic reverted to his old self

Horrible performance, i felt the writing was on the wall as early as the 3rd round.

I cant even say "props to agbeko" because his performance wasnt spectacular either. He was there for the taking, the uppercut was open all the fight and vic just didnt throw it.

Obviously the kirilov, mijares and arce fights swelled vics head, and he threw his boxing out the window. He is just lucky he wasnt in there with someone who could pull the trigger like donaire, otherwise he wouldve been unconcious and not just busted up

This is isnt deserting vic, or jumping off the bandwagon. Its just disappointment. Now, when i do my calculations before a vic fight, i need to take into account how swelled vics head is. If he's had a loss, he is dangerous, if he has a string of impressive wins he is ripe for the plucking

Vic by KO in his next fight, regardless of who its against
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2009, 12:35 AM) *
His ass didn't get whooped, he just got comfortably beaten and yes he will run his mouth, but I don't mind because he attempts to do what he says he is going to do and in the past, usually does. Better than guys saying they are going to do this and that and then box to a comfortable decision.

Didn't do what he said he'll do against Nonito or Agbeko.

I just don't like the dude he's rude and has no class and he's so f*cking stubborn and ignorant I just can't stand muthaf*ckers like that. He seriously thinks he's the sh*t when he clearly ain't.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 11 2009, 11:26 PM) *

well said iron mike. thumbsup_anim.gif
torvix2000
Ironically, I was beginning to like the guy. Well before this loss. When he was moving on without Donaire. Kinda like Marquez moving on without Pacquiao. But, unfortunately, another loss because of his stubbornness.

Now, will Vic give Donaire a rematch or will Donaire give Vic a rematch?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 12 2009, 01:27 AM) *
Ironically, I was beginning to like the guy. Well before this loss. When he was moving on without Donaire. Kinda like Marquez moving on without Pacquiao. But, unfortunately, another loss because of his stubbornness.

Now, will Vic give Donaire a rematch or will Donaire give Vic a rematch?

Donaire will lay his ass out again.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 11 2009, 10:24 PM) *

Yea, I agree. I gave Vic only 3 rounds. I did give Vic a round that Bernstein thought Agbeko controlled. Very sloppy fight and I thought kind of boring because of this. This is a case where if the judges made that 7th round 10-8, it would have made the fight closer but NOT 114-113! At best that should have been a 10-9 Darchinyan round.

On the prelim I thought the ref's call was correct. We had Adjaho turning away before he took a knee. He tried a Fransciso Lorenozo tactic there, but thankfully it did not work! I hope that if Demarco fights Valero he goes back to the type of war that he had with Nick Casell and not like tonight!

Jack
Jack 1000
I just don't like the dude he's rude and has no class and he's so f*cking stubborn and ignorant I just can't stand muthaf*ckers like that. He seriously thinks he's the sh*t when he clearly ain't.

I don't mind Vic at all. If those above words don't describe Mayweather though! LOL! He's an example of a much more conceited prick personality wise than Vic Darchinyan!

Jack
torvix2000
LOL! At the press conference. Agbeko said from "raging bull to raging bullshiit". Hahaha!
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 12 2009, 02:02 AM) *
LOL! At the press conference. Agbeko said from "raging bull to raging bullshiit". Hahaha!

yeah that was a nice one i also heard Vic was a no show at the confrence.
Don Flamenco
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jul 12 2009, 01:00 AM) *
Vic reverted to his old self

Horrible performance, i felt the writing was on the wall as early as the 3rd round.

I cant even say "props to agbeko" because his performance wasnt spectacular either. He was there for the taking, the uppercut was open all the fight and vic just didnt throw it.

Obviously the kirilov, mijares and arce fights swelled vics head, and he threw his boxing out the window. He is just lucky he wasnt in there with someone who could pull the trigger like donaire, otherwise he wouldve been unconcious and not just busted up

This is isnt deserting vic, or jumping off the bandwagon. Its just disappointment. Now, when i do my calculations before a vic fight, i need to take into account how swelled vics head is. If he's had a loss, he is dangerous, if he has a string of impressive wins he is ripe for the plucking

Vic by KO in his next fight, regardless of who its against

LOL don't believe the hype. That little shit always boxed like that. Revert to his old self my fucking ass. Arce was circling the wrong way the whole fucking fight.

Fuck Gary Shaw

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2009, 12:33 AM) *
Call me strange, but I don't think Agbeko had much pop despite what his record said. Not sure if he accumulated his KO record against guys in africa with losing records, but I didn't see it.

I saw Vic get tooled by that lack of pop tho. That's what I saw at least.

Vic couldn't figure out his rythym. Every time that fucker loaded up for his left, he'd eat a right straight.

LOL at the look on Vic's face aroudn the mid rounds. Fucker already had that look like he was gonna curr out.

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2009, 01:25 AM) *
Read.

Still a bad man, he beat the living shit out of Arce and Mijares and made them look like something mexican's aren't used to looking like and making them fold and putting pain on them that they are usually able to over come.

He keeps to his word and doesn't hold back, everything he says he means. It was a bad performance by the both, he may bounce back. That said, I have always said Vic is beatable, but the way he punishes fighters, constantly going after tough fights makes me like him.

What a cum gurgling post. It's like you got poisoned and inside Darchinyan Dirty nuts is the fucking antidote
The Original MrFactor
Funny as they both walked into the ring... Vic looked like Cobra Commander unmasked. What the hell was that robe?? Then King Kong came in with a huge sock puppet, that looked strangely like LAMBCHOP...

Anyway... Interesting contrast of styles. Agbeko is awkward as hell. Kinda reminds me of Zahir Raheem without all the holding. Also, is it me or do we see alot of "flopping," from our brothers from Ghana. Clottey does it, Quartey did it, Agbeko does it and the kid on the undercard did it. Is it something they are being taught to do?? Anyway, this guy seemed to do enough to keep Vic at bay. Vic Couldnt figure out this guys movement and awkwardness. I'm not really a fan, but I know Vic'll be back...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 12 2009, 04:19 AM) *
Vic has always been an overglorified club fighter in my opinion.

Yes one that is undisputed 115lb champion. You always were a fucking idiot Marz.

QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 12 2009, 04:37 AM) *
What would be nice if he moves back down and rematches with Donaire and get starched again and then retires...Stevenski, anyone, no Starchedinyan Hate Wagon??? If so, I'll be the 1st to join. Sign me up!!!

Why don't you start one up? There is no reason for me to as I happen to like a fighter who talks a big game & tries his best to take his opponents head off.

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 12 2009, 05:32 AM) *
F*ck yeah im loving it Darchinyan's bitch ass got whooped i hope that loud mouth piece of sh*t learns how to keep his mouth shut from now on.

Nah i know that f*cker will continue running his mouth unitl his next loss.

Agbeko is the f*Ckign man.

Darch is not a bitch unless you consider someone continuously stepping up to the plate & going for the biggest challenges & bitch that is. A bitch is someone like Floyd who refuses to step up to the plate & runs their mouth in the process.

Understand that if you run your mouth, step up to face bigger & better challenges eventually you will get beat. There is no shame in that.

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 12 2009, 06:03 AM) *
Didn't do what he said he'll do against Nonito or Agbeko.

He tried to & that is the point. Are you ignorant or something? As for him thinking he is the shit he is UNDISPUTED 115lb world champion so seeing as he is a 2 diviswion world champion & his only previous loss was in a fight that was even until he got caught with a picture perfect punch he is entitled to think he is all that.

Anyway I think that Vic lost the fight 8-4 although it could be 7-5. Agbeko deserves congragulations for fighting the way he did & Vic fought very foolishly. When Vic was jabbing he was winning & he should have known his jab & uppercut were the key to victory.
JD
I think this was a case of a lot of people not seeing Agbeko before the fight...and if they did, they just slept on the dude.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Vic didn't fight like he did against Kirilov and Mijares. I think it just shows that someone who can take his shots and not back up will give Darchinyan problems. Arce showed toughness against him too, and Darchinyan got all wild against him. Who knows if he'll stay at the weight class, but he needs to fight more disciplined. We see it in patches, but not for a whole fight. Agbeko didn't look all that great either, but he was doing what he needed to do to win rounds. Honestly, the fight wasn't all that exciting because they were both so sloppy. Agbeko did a little better than Darchinyan and got the decision. I wouldn't mind seeing Vic go back down to 115. Who knows maybe there will be a rematch with Donaire, but I'd doubt it. Agbeko has been on versus and Showtime before, so I don't know how much they can sleep on him. It wasn't like he was a complete unknown. Darchinyan just got beat by the better man last night.
torvix2000
What now for Gary Shaw?
STAB
excuses are comin'out for the raging bullcrap... overrated vic! exposed, not once but twice! LOL clapping.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Jul 13 2009, 09:35 AM) *
How many Undisputed champs have there been in boxing latley?? Tszyu & Hopkins come to mind..so hate the guy for what his says and how he may act..but don't hate or question the competition and efforts he shows in the ring..because the same CAN'T be said about some of our current p4p bests in the world!

Vic will be back!!!

I agree with your whole post but the bolded part is spot on. I suspect that this STAB character is a Pinoy pre op tranny saving for his cock removal.
torvix2000
Problem with Vic is that eventhough he was undisputed, he got knocked out cold. And there was a chance for an immediate rematch. He didn't take it. He did the best way (of countering a rematch) by going separate way (from Donaire) and beating Mijares and Arce. But he fell short again.

Once you liked his cockiness, he again did something to offset that.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 13 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Problem with Vic is that eventhough he was undisputed, he got knocked out cold. And there was a chance for an immediate rematch. He didn't take it. He did the best way (of countering a rematch) by going separate way (from Donaire) and beating Mijares and Arce. But he fell short again.

Once you liked his cockiness, he again did something to offset that.

What has Donaire done since then? He has not even bothered to try & become undisputed 112lb champion.

I still like his cockyness as he does his utmost to back up his claims in the ring.
MarzB
I don't care how many championships your adopted Aussie has won, the dude never heard of defense, completely forgot HOW to jab (which most would agree is the most important punch in boxing) and was just totally outclass in a fight.

I see the Aussie contingent here is riled up that their man got his ass kicked,lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.