Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arturo Gatti rumor....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Romulus9
I'll include a link to the page, translated into English using Google....

God, I hope this isn't true...

Gatti: Another loss for boxing?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:03 PM) *
I'll include a link to the page, translated into English using Google....

God, I hope this isn't true...

Gatti: Another loss for boxing?

Did this just come out right now?

I really hope this isn't true aswell.
Romulus9
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Did this just come out right now?

I really hope this isn't true aswell.

This has hit within the last hour or two...

I'm on pins and needles right now, and I'm trying to get verification but coming up empty. Foreign news outlets aren't always easy to get a grip on, so hopefully it's not true but.... you know...

The words "supposed murder" in the tagline.... makes me sick.
Romulus9
UPDATE: Rick Reeno over at BoxingScene has just reported it as well...

JLUVBABY
damn i pray that isnt true....
Box in Hand
There are way too many celebraties dying these days. I hope this isn't the latest in the string of deaths.
Romulus9
Still, nothing from the major American outlets so I'm just hoping and praying that there's a mistake, it's a sick hoax, misinformation, something, ANYTHING.

Here's a nice rule of thumb: if you're a boxer, stay out of South America.
Don Flamenco
Other sources have it as a possible homicide. Says wife found him with what appeared to be a blow to the back of the head.
JLUVBABY
dammit!!!! fightnews is reporting it...
Romulus9
QUOTE (Don Flamenco @ Jul 11 2009, 04:43 PM) *
Other sources have it as a possible homicide. Says wife found him with what appeared to be a blow to the back of the head.

Everything I've seen thus far has it reported that way, as originally put out by Brazilian TV...

Tragic.
Box in Hand
Both Gatti and Corrales struck me as the typs of people who don't live to see old age. The both lived by what was in their hearts and not so much in their heads. To be struck from behind is an act of cowardice.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 11 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Both Gatti and Corrales struck me as the typs of people who don't live to see old age. The both lived by what was in their hearts and not so much in their heads. To be struck from behind is an act of cowardice.

... or a friggin' hit.

I could absolutely puke or cry or both, which is very difficult, right now.
Box in Hand
I'll be celebrating his life by watching the Gatti Ward Trilogy this weekend. That's the way I want to remember that soldier, not taken out by some coward. RIP my friend.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 11 2009, 04:55 PM) *
I'll be celebrating his life by watching the Gatti Ward Trilogy this weekend. That's the way I want to remember that soldier, not taken out by some coward. RIP my friend.

I've got the Gatti career set. I'll be watching many of the wars over the next week, and may have to write up something for it. Wilson Rodriguez, two with Patterson, two with Robinson, three with Ward, Gabe Ruelas...

absolute heartbreak.
Romulus9
Consider it verified, from CBC in Canada:

Canadian boxer Arturo Gatti found dead in Brazil

RIP Arturo... You gave us some of the best moments in the history of the sport and you'll be dearly missed by us all.
JLUVBABY
R.I.P Arturo Gatti!!!! You will be missed... Thank You for the great fights you gave us!!!!
Don Flamenco
I still remember a very young Gatti on ESPN many years ago. He was one of my favorite fighters up until he fought Lolita. Many years later, as I am talking to a casual boxing fan, he mentions that one of the best fights he';s ever seen was Gatti Vs. Ward. I was like, they're not unknowns. It's freaking Arturo Gatti and Mickey Ward! I'm gonna watch that tonight for sure.

This is terrible. I hope they catch whoever is responsible and bring them to justice ASAP
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 11 2009, 03:55 PM) *

i feel ya box... i hope they actually find out all the details in this case... from what i've read he was out there on his HONEYMOON with wife and baby... damn shame...
Method
Dead.
kidbazooka1
Gatti was a true warrior who always gave it his all in the ring he will be missed.

RIP Arturo Gatti
BigG
RIP Gatti...
rusty_trombone
Damn, Brazil is just fucked up.
caneman
RIP! Peeps are kicking the bucket left & right! It's getting crazy!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Don Flamenco @ Jul 11 2009, 04:43 PM) *
Says wife found him with what appeared to be a blow to the back of the head.

Another woman involved, like Mcnair.
Don Flamenco
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 11 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Another woman involved, like Mcnair.

I wouldn't doubt it
Romulus9
My guess is middle of the night robbery attempt gone bad.
Don Flamenco
^^just put bad thoughts in my head
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 11 2009, 05:40 PM) *

And knowing Gatti he was probably fighting back.

Man this is some f*cked up sh*t
Box in Hand
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:44 PM) *
And knowing Gatti he was probably fighting back.

Man this is some f*cked up sh*t

Looks like he got hit from behind so he may not have known anything. Anyone who attacks from behind is a coward. Guaranteed Gatti would have fought to the death confronted head on and that person would have been the one dead and not Gatti. I don't think Gatti saw his killer.
The CEO
................................................................................
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 11 2009, 04:40 PM) *

my thoughts too rom... all we can do is wait and see and hope they have real police work out there...
KookedKrack
damn this fucked me up for real r.i.p.

only a coward strikes from behind
BigG
God bless Arturo Gatti for all the wars he's given us. RIP..
Spyder
Fuck...

On his honeymoon?!? WOW...that shit is seriously fucked up.

JD
To add to how f'd up this is, his wife is apparently a suspect.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2009, 06:52 PM) *
To add to how f'd up this is, his wife is apparently a suspect.

She was in the place and didn't hear shit? That's fishy but we need to wait on the outcome.
JD
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 11 2009, 08:01 PM) *
She was in the place and didn't hear shit? That's fishy but we need to wait on the outcome.

Of course...Brazilian authorities apparently view her as a main suspect already though.

True-Boxing-Fan
Man I cant believe it, this is terrible news. Rest in Peace Arturo Gatti. Thanks for all the great memories. You are a true warrior. RIP Champ
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Of course...Brazilian authorities apparently view her as a main suspect already though.

That's wild. Hope she isn't responsible for this.
The Original MrFactor
Damn... Just Damn... He didnt really get much time to enjoy retirement... I really feel for him... Did they have any kids?
JD
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 11 2009, 08:25 PM) *
Damn... Just Damn... He didnt really get much time to enjoy retirement... I really feel for him... Did they have any kids?

A 10 month old that was with them.
Byrd Man
Can someone hook me up with a dvd of the Gatti-Ward trilogy on one disc? I'd like to find one out there that has a decent menu on it and all three fights with great quality on it.

Would be much appreciated.

I'm gutted right now. I just heard this for the first time earlier when I checked my facebook and Sweet Chuck had RIP Arturo Gatti on it. Then Hype's as well. This fucking sucks.

I've had two athletes that I admired get killed (allegedly with Gatti) over the past week or so. First Steve McNair and now this.

Not a good day.
Lil-lightsout
I remember your pro debut and many other great fights on TV I seen of you. I seen you live at your rematch with Robinson, your war with Rueles, your rematch with Ward, and your fight with Millet. For pure guts and excitement, you were the hands down the best. I have talked countless hours about you and your fights with many people over many years. Thanks for all the great moments in the ring you gave millions of people. I hope you are in a better place now.

RIP Arturo "Thunder" Gatti.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 11 2009, 07:45 PM) *
Can someone hook me up with a dvd of the Gatti-Ward trilogy on one disc? I'd like to find one out there that has a decent menu on it and all three fights with great quality on it.

Would be much appreciated.

I'm gutted right now. I just heard this for the first time earlier when I checked my facebook and Sweet Chuck had RIP Arturo Gatti on it. Then Hype's as well. This fucking sucks.

I've had two athletes that I admired get killed (allegedly with Gatti) over the past week or so. First Steve McNair and now this.

Not a good day.

Send me your info and I'll get the trilogy out to you Monday.
Byrd Man
Thanks a lot! Info sent.

I had it on two discs (including the Legendary Nights or whatever it was type of retrospective) awhile back that I won through the "fanfight" thing on pound4pound.com

Retired undefeated! lol. Whenever you won a "fanfight" you'd get a free boxing disc from boxingvideos.net I lost all those discs last year though in a water leak at my old apartment.

lol...found my fanfight page...

http://www.pound4pound.com/Year/2006/FanFi...onerKsc2303.htm
iron_mike
Holy jesus christ....I got goosesbumps....this is unreal....I was just watching Gatti Ward I on my Ipod on the train yesterday and today.....WHAT THE FUCK MAN.........R.I.P. to probably the gutsiest warrior in boxing.....I'm still in shock
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 11 2009, 07:56 PM) *
Thanks a lot! Info sent.

I had it on two discs (including the Legendary Nights or whatever it was type of retrospective) awhile back that I won through the "fanfight" thing on pound4pound.com

Retired undefeated! lol. Whenever you won a "fanfight" you'd get a free boxing disc from boxingvideos.net I lost all those discs last year though in a water leak at my old apartment.

lol...found my fanfight page...

http://www.pound4pound.com/Year/2006/FanFi...onerKsc2303.htm

Ouch, it's a good thing we have this site cause we have folks that have all the classics. I'll get it out to you Monday afternoon.
Byrd Man
yeah I gotta get my collection back up. I'm gonna find a reputable site that has trilogies I can get.

Holyfield Bowe trilogy is next on my list.
iron_mike
Call me crazy, but trilogies that come to mind....barrera morales, pacquiao morales, holyfield bowe, ali frazier, vasquez marquez, gatti ward tops them all....gatti and chico...2 warriors that would have DIED in the ring and both lives cut short....Arguello, now Gatti...Mcnair, and all the celebrities lately, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??
Box in Hand
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 11 2009, 08:39 PM) *
Call me crazy, but trilogies that come to mind....barrera morales, holyfield bowe, ali frazier, vasquez marquez, gatti ward tops them all....gatti and chico...2 warriors that would have DIED in the ring and both lives cut short....Arguello, now Gatti...Mcnair, and all the celebrities lately, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??

I think all of these deaths are showing that even our heroes are human and vunerable. It also show "One life to Live". Make the most of it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.