Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for a new hatewagon....
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Pages: 1, 2
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 14 2009, 09:58 PM) *
C'mon Jon!! Which boxer would be a big name?

I would love to see the Klit boys face a guy like Lesnar. The look of terror on their faces as they get taken down would be hilarious.

Vitali Klitchko has also done kickboxing so his knowledge doesn't end with boxing..

Rom,those are the only 2 names I've been hearing lately..I've heard Gracie,Shamrock(who I like),Liddell,Couture,GSP,and many others..I just think it's really weird how a street fighter who only did stand up and a WWE wrestler have gotten more attention because of those things and some success in MMA than guys who have done it their whole life..If Kimbo can get his name so far out there in the MMA world,I don't doubt any boxer would have just as easy a time if not easier because of their superior skill in stand up than Kimbo..Did you see Lesnar's jab in the beginning of the fight??
BigG
Brock will never stand up in fights because he is an absolute sissy who needs size advantage to take smaller and older men down. What a gigantic sissy. The man in my sig Gatti (RIP) is 5'6 140 pounds but got MORE balls than Brock "Lay, make manlove to other man" Lesnar
Spyder
QUOTE (pcraw @ Jul 14 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Thanks dmarv, my point exactly. To the average newbie fan watching MMA for the 1,2 or 3rd time that's the exact thing they said. "This shit can't be for real!" Spyder you must haven't played football at any level bro. They may not be trying to rip your shoulder out of a limb, but they are trying to rip your head off. The only difference is it's for 60 minutes instead of 15. I don't think it's 2 guys just beating the shit out of each other. That was the old UFC. These guys come up with strategies and gameplans now just like a boxer. I've seen fighters go to Thailand for 6 weeks just because they were fighting a guy with a strong Muay Thai background. They are highly skilled guys. Lesnar doesn't even have to be highly skilled with his size, but he can be highly professional.

Of course I've played football, and I've seen MANY defensive players run around like madmen after a big hit. Shit, how many times have you seen Ray Lewis play?

But that's not really the point...I EXPECT them to be pumped after an Atwater like hit, just like I EXPECT Lesnar to act like an animal after pounding a man's face.

Dana White needs to stop trying to make the UFC something that it is not...
The CEO
You Brock Haters should watch this....you know you would lose your shit if Lesnar did some of these moves in the Octagon...

I can easily see him powerbombing or suplexing the fuck out of somebody in the future....

D-MARV
To hell with that. Brock has a lot of damn talent. I respect him. I just thought his interview ws funny as shit. The whole "Brock being a sissy" is silly. Brock would be a big sissy if he had the same size and decided to become a nanny. He's not. He's a fighter. The whole "I hate it when fighters are just big and they bully other opponents" is a crock of shit. The "Bigger" fighters have a lot of damn skill and show remarkable athletic ability. It's not easy to be that big and move around the way they do. That takes real talent.
King Eugene
I dont see how you cant love a guy like Brock in a combat sport. He's big, he talks shit, backs it up, and comes to fight. He lost to Mir the first time and didn't make any excuses. What he do? Come back and whip the ever lasting shit out of him. I dont give a damn how much skills he dont have, all I care about as a fan is that he puts on a great show, whips ass, and takes names! What he suppose to do, whip ass, smile, go pick the dude up and apologize to him saying it was just business? Fuck that, you trying to hurt me so I'm a hurt you first the best way I know how.

You use what you have to win a fight. So what if he wins it with straight brute and force. Those are his best assets so he uses them. Thats like people getting upset with a boxer because he decides to outbox a brawler to the victory instead of brawling with him to get the victory. Ask SRL how well that works. Whats the point in standing and trading if Brock can just muscle they ass around and beat the shit out of them?

WAR Brock Lesnar!
BigG
Man y'all Lesnar get the hell out of my thread..let me hate the man in peace....I RESPECT him...but I don't like his tactics. Simple as that.
BigG
Calling ALL Lesnar fans (particularly YOU C.E.O and STEVENSKI...especially you STEVE)...

Please tell me what Brock will do if THIS man, seen below, eating two ice creams, is standing accross the octagon from him...

Watcha boy gonna do then!

Fedor will beat your boy anyway he wants to....haha.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 16 2009, 08:52 AM) *
Calling ALL Lesnar fans (particularly YOU C.E.O and STEVENSKI...especially you STEVE)...

Please tell me what Brock will do if THIS man, seen below, eating two ice creams, is standing accross the octagon from him...

laugh.gif

Wait a second...so now I'm a Lesnar superfan?

That balding, chunky Russian eating the ice cream happens to be my favorite MMA fighter....been my favorite for YEEEAARRRS....

Thing is though...regarding that matchup....a lot depends on Fedor's performance in the Barnett fight and how much time passes before it goes down.......Lesnar's chances of beating Fedor are certainly increasing with each fight......who knows....Lesnar just might rush and maul Fedor for the win.

As of right now....if Fedor beats Barnett in an impressive fashion and signed to fight Lesnar next....I would make Fedor the 4 to 1 favorite.
AussieLad
Fedor is the man

BUT... when you look at the match up, brock certainly has a decent chance of winning, probably better than any other heavyweight out there.

Why? Because fedor is a small heavy. Fedor has serious power and better striking so expect lesnar to take it to the ground. And if lesnar can hold mir, who is much larger than fedor and also a submission fighter, if lesnar can hold him in a pin and still land shots then he has a decent chance of repeating that on fedor.

The thing is, if other heavies tried to do what lesnar did on mir or a fedor, those ground guys would be able to squirm out and into a slightly better position so they can use the guard or go for a submission. But brocks size, strength and wrestling pinned them to the canvas like a truck had been dropped on them, and if you cant improve your position it is game over. I seriously dont think fedor can muscle his way out from under lesnars hulk like bulk. Essentially, there was nothing mir could do in that first round to get out from under brock

hopefully if he did fight fedor, fedor would land a crushing punch early ala the sylvia fight, something brock could not recover from in time to see the cyborg arm bar of death snapping bone from the socket
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (biggeorge89 @ Jul 16 2009, 01:52 PM) *

Brock will probably get beaten. If he fought Fedor now & it went more than a round then it would be a moral victory for Brock. Fedor is probably the #1 P4P fighter in the world today no shame in losing to him.

That said what would you do if Brock did happen to beat him???????
King Eugene
Call me crazy but I think Brock has a pretty dang good shot at beating Fedor. Fedor is a beast but if Brock gets him down I just dont see him being strong enough to get up. I think Fedor wins this cause he catches him with something big. Either way I dont see this fight going to a decision.
BrutalBodyShots

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life... but Lesnar is living PROOF that the UFC is inferior to boxing as a sport. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both and watch both regularly...

However, you will NEVER see a guy in boxing come into the ring with 4 or 5 fights and become a champion. It just doesn't happen. Why? Well it would seem that boxing takes more skill and talent... you can't JUST rely on size to get it done for you. Sure Lesnar has a good resume building up to his participation in the UFC... but come on now, being "the best in the world" at a sport you've only participated in 5 times? Laughable. It just makes the sport a joke IMO, no disrespect to Lesnar in any way.

Warlord
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 9 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Sorry for bringing this thread back to life... but Lesnar is living PROOF that the UFC is inferior to boxing as a sport. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both and watch both regularly...

However, you will NEVER see a guy in boxing come into the ring with 4 or 5 fights and become a champion. It just doesn't happen. Why? Well it would seem that boxing takes more skill and talent... you can't JUST rely on size to get it done for you. Sure Lesnar has a good resume building up to his participation in the UFC... but come on now, being "the best in the world" at a sport you've only participated in 5 times? Laughable. It just makes the sport a joke IMO, no disrespect to Lesnar in any way.

Dude, different sports. Apples. Oranges. There's not a boxing champion in the sport today who could go into the UFC and beat Brock Lesnar, just as there is no champion that Brock Lesnar could beat if he went into professional boxing.
Warlord
Oh yeah. Don't know how long you been a fan of boxing, but...

Leon Spinks (6-0-1) defeats Muhammad Ali by UD to become the heavyweight champion of the world.

I'm sure someone else will supplement this list with similar records for you.
AussieLad
Jeff Fenech won the IBF bantamweight belt in his 7th pro fight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.