Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would Allen Green be better off?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
True-Boxing-Fan
Would Allen Green be better off without his advisor?

First off I think Allen Green is a fantastic fighter and is a threat to anyone at Super Middleweight. He is a fan friendly fighter and his fights are always exciting. He does have some flaws and I think he is chinny, but the dude can fight, he hits hard and is a good boxer. With that being said, I think he should fire his advisor and go with a manager who is respected in the game and is truly going to get him the fights he deserves.

Time and again the neophyte advisor G. has dropped the ball when it comes to Green. First off he totally screws up Green's chances at fighting Kelly Pavlik when he thought he was a veteran and knowledgeable negotiator and a friend of Arum and tried to smooth talk him. What an idiot for the way he tried to talk to Arum. That shit was funny how Arum just punked him for that shit, but I felt really sorry for Allen Green for missing the opportunity. Anyways Arums offers Green a career high payday and G. Leon screws it all up. Now with the Super Middleweight tournament about to be finalized any day Allen Green's name is nowhere near it. I think he adds excitement to the group. Why not him instead of Taylor. In my opinion Green missed his shot BECAUSE he is represented by Leon. Leon is not respected in the game and I know people hate doing business with him. I dont know but personally I think Allen Green can go further with a real manager and not some neophyte advisor with a shitty website as his selling point for representation. I know this tournament isnt truly set in stone just yet but once it is and if Green isnt in it, he better be pissed. And I think he should question and be pissed with his advisor. Allen Green is too good of a fighter to have a guy he has represent him.

Just my thoughts
Byrd Man
I agree all around.
STEVENSKI
Alan Green is a idiot. He does not deserve any fights because he is so idiotic he has the G Leon advisory group representing him.
thehype
Just a couple of notes...the super middleweight tournament IS finalized...it was a done deal as of Friday, shortly after Kessler was officially on board when he made the switch to Sauerland Events...they're holding a press conference today to officially announce it.

As for Allan Green, it's difficult for me to have any sympathy for someone who decides to let a website owner run their boxing career when said website owner can't even run his own website very well.

In my opinion, Allan Green's main problem is his belief that he deserves some kind of a title shot. As far as I know, he's only ranked in the top 10 of one organization, the WBC, and even there, he's ranked at #5, behind the likes of Andre Ward, Andre Dirrell, Jermain Taylor and Karo Murat. I don't think he's being blackballed because Leon is his advisor...I think his exclusion from the super middleweight tournament has more to do with the fact that he's not even considered to be a top 10 contender. If he and his advisor would just do things the old fashioned way and work his way up the rankings, then he wouldn't have as big of a problem. However, given his advisor's nature as a hustler and his strong desire to make a quick buck, they simply don't have the patience and are instead making a fool out of themselves by begging everyone and their mother for a fight that they're simply not going to get.

Stupid is as stupid does and his advisor certainly isn't helping the situation.
MarzB
I think Green could definitely compete with half of those in the tournament and he's clearly ahead of Andre Dirrell and he in a fight with Taylor is easily a toss up.

This tournament if you're not one of the 6 is a bad thing for because all the marketable names are competing in this.

If I were "advising" Allan I'd tell him to see if he can make 160 comfortably (he's a vegan and still young so I don't think that would be much of a problem but I honestly don't know his weight issues as he has fought there) or go to 175.

I noticed Steve Forbes is now being 'advised'' by Greg. I won't pretend to know all that goes on but I would think someone with Forbes profile could have gotten someone with a proven track record.
thehype
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 13 2009, 01:45 PM) *
I noticed Steve Forbes is now being 'advised'' by Greg. I won't pretend to know all that goes on but I would think someone with Forbes profile could have gotten someone with a proven track record.

You might think that, but actually, you would be wrong according to Forbes. I actually talked to him about it...let him know what he was getting himself into and according to him, he had no one else to turn to so why not give it a shot.

"It's better than what I got going on right now which is nothing. I'm a grown man so please let me do my thing." - Steve Forbes

Dayum...okay...do your thing homie, do your thing. Good luck with that.

As for Allan Green, personally, I think he should go clean up his mistakes and maybe take on Edison Miranda to prove that he really can hang. I, for one, am not quite as convinced as others that Allan Green actually could hang with any of those six in the tournament...I've seen Green buzzed by far lesser an opponent than any of those guys.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 13 2009, 09:35 AM) *
Just a couple of notes...the super middleweight tournament IS finalized...it was a done deal as of Friday, shortly after Kessler was officially on board when he made the switch to Sauerland Events...they're holding a press conference today to officially announce it.

As for Allan Green, it's difficult for me to have any sympathy for someone who decides to let a website owner run their boxing career when said website owner can't even run his own website very well.

In my opinion, Allan Green's main problem is his belief that he deserves some kind of a title shot. As far as I know, he's only ranked in the top 10 of one organization, the WBC, and even there, he's ranked at #5, behind the likes of Andre Ward, Andre Dirrell, Jermain Taylor and Karo Murat. I don't think he's being blackballed because Leon is his advisor...I think his exclusion from the super middleweight tournament has more to do with the fact that he's not even considered to be a top 10 contender. If he and his advisor would just do things the old fashioned way and work his way up the rankings, then he wouldn't have as big of a problem. However, given his advisor's nature as a hustler and his strong desire to make a quick buck, they simply don't have the patience and are instead making a fool out of themselves by begging everyone and their mother for a fight that they're simply not going to get.

Stupid is as stupid does and his advisor certainly isn't helping the situation.

preach!!!!... i'm messin but atthe same time very serious... you are very correct in what you said.. g. leon will be the nail in the coffin of most fighters he represents...
King Eugene
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 13 2009, 05:35 AM) *
Alan Green is a idiot. He does not deserve any fights because he is so idiotic he has the G Leon advisory group representing him.

Love the Avatar. My All time Favorite Wrestler!

How bout they let Green fight Taylor for the last slot in the tournament.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 13 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Love the Avatar. My All time Favorite Wrestler!

How bout they let Green fight Taylor for the last slot in the tournament.

taylor vs. green is a good match up actually.. the fight would be a good test to show where both fighters are in their respective careers...
Method
I think Green could definitely compete with half of those in the tournament and he's clearly ahead of Andre Dirrell and he in a fight with Taylor is easily a toss up.

Thank you. If Green don't deserve to be there according to a "what have you done to prove you can hang at the weight", then neither does Jermain Taylor.

Leon may be the advisor, but Green IS promoted by DiBella, no? I would think (although I have no idea) that DiBella being Allan's promoter would outweigh any perceived negativity of towards his advisor.
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 13 2009, 05:22 PM) *
You might think that, but actually, you would be wrong according to Forbes. I actually talked to him about it...let him know what he was getting himself into and according to him, he had no one else to turn to so why not give it a shot.

"It's better than what I got going on right now which is nothing. I'm a grown man so please let me do my thing." - Steve Forbes

Dayum...okay...do your thing homie, do your thing. Good luck with that.

Translation: "This is America and I'm a grown ass man. If I want to flush the minuscule career options that I have right down the toilet, I'm gonna do it."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.