Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Six World Boxing Classic Secret Photo Shoot[Video]
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
du365
D-MARV
Thats pretty cool! Im glad to see they all get along outside the ring!

Taylor looks a bit fat. LMAO

I'm not sure who I'm pulling for but I'm taking Kessler as the favorite.
du365
Hodge
This is good stuff. I'll bt rooting for Andre Dirrell, but I have to put my bet on the black sheep of the bunch, Carl Froch. Who gets injured and when will Allen Green get to step in. I like Arthur Abraham, but this is not what he should have automatically stepped in. These guys are some hitters and this is not like milking the European middles that he has been. This will be his biggest step up to date. Carl Froch has that Calzaghe-esqe dangerousness and he was king until he retired. I have to go with Joe-Lite.
Box in Hand
Taylor looks fat, Dirrell is a fucking clown, Abraham looks serious as fuck, Froch looks like a weirdo and Kessler looks like a winner (My pick).
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 13 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Thats pretty cool! Im glad to see they all get along outside the ring!

I'm not sure who I'm pulling for but I'm taking Kessler as the favorite.

All that drinkin in Miami...

No animosity between him and Froch. I dont know about you, but I'd be a bit swole and not very talkative if there was a guy in the room that very recently knocked me the f*ck out!
The Original MrFactor
Oh and for the record, I think Kessler will get beat by one of the Andre's...
Blayde
I think the Andres are the most dangerous for Kessler, too. They might get knocked out by the other guys and Kessler might have no problems with punchers like Abraham and Froch, but their speed may be too much for him. He already had to turn on the brawler mode against Mundine. Its just awesome ... I think everyone will lose a fight in this one.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 14 2009, 02:32 AM) *
All that drinkin in Miami...

No animosity between him and Froch. I dont know about you, but I'd be a bit swole and not very talkative if there was a guy in the room that very recently knocked me the f*ck out!

I see where you are coming from but that was a helluva fight. Taylor has nothing to be ashamed of. He went out like a Soldier. I would love to see them cross paths one more time.
The CEO
Ward will win this "Best Of The B's" tourney....why?....because of his pedigree.....Gold Medal Olympian.
iron_mike
Is Taylor a bigger Ricky Hatton?? Granted, his 6'2 frame, I'm sure was hard to maintain 160, but he looks real soft in that clip....this mf needs to work on HIS STAMINA....run an extra 5 miles or whatever, cause he gasses out WAY too often down the stretch
D-MARV
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jul 14 2009, 03:10 PM) *
Ward will win this "Best Of The B's" tourney....why?....because of his pedigree.....Gold Medal Olympian.

I don't see it. I certainly would like to see him win the whole thing but Abraham, Froch, and MAYBE Kessler would all KO him in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong though.

I expect to see Dirrell surprise A LOT of people by beating Froch in the first round. I don't know about his chin but if he can take a shot and/or avoid a good shot he may very well win the whole damn thing. Right now it's a toss up between Kessler and Dirrell IMO.
The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 05:07 PM) *
I don't see it. I certainly would like to see him win the whole thing but Abraham, Froch, and MAYBE Kessler would all KO him in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong though.

I expect to see Dirrell surprise A LOT of people by beating Froch in the first round. I don't know about his chin but if he can take a shot and/or avoid a good shot he may very well win the whole damn thing. Right now it's a toss up between Kessler and Dirrell IMO.

I see Dirrell choking and Kessler getting outboxed or straight beaten up....Froch is my 2nd pick.

Romulus9
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jul 14 2009, 07:38 PM) *
I see Dirrell choking and Kessler getting outboxed or straight beaten up....Froch is my 2nd pick.

Am I the only one who wants to see Pavlik fight Allan Green and knock him cold in the first round?

I'd get a great deal of enjoyment out of that.

In addition, Ward is my pick to come out of this tournament. Kessler is #2. If Taylor was worth crap after 6 rounds, he'd make a nice sleeper pick but he just fades with too much reliability. 14 seconds away from beating Froch... 14 seconds!
EpTXCHAMP
why is everyone saying taylor looks fat????
he got a six pack maybe his arms are not as defined as the other five but that dont mean he's fat come on
JD
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Froch here as well.

I do not think Dirrell is ready for him.
King Eugene
Call me Crazy but I'm picking Froch! If you dont knock him out you wont beat him. He's coming at you hard for all three minutes of all twelve rounds! Ask Taylor.
JD
QUOTE (3King3 @ Jul 14 2009, 08:49 PM) *
Call me Crazy but I'm picking Froch! If you dont knock him out you wont beat him. He's coming at you hard for all three minutes of all twelve rounds! Ask Taylor.

I don't think your crazy at all. I see a lot of experts expecting him to go 0 for 3, and I am really surprised by that. Having seen him before the Taylor fight, I really think there was something to him not sleeping while he was over here - he was sluggish in that fight. Watch the Pascal fight...what Froch did to him was very impressive, especially in light of the Diaconou fight.
D-MARV
I defintely don't think Froch will go 0 for 3. Looking at their respective styles, i think Dirrell will SHOCKINGLY handle Froch with ease.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *
I defintely don't think Froch will go 0 for 3. Looking at their respective styles, i think Dirrell will SHOCKINGLY handle Froch with ease.

Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham is Froch's draw.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2009, 09:04 PM) *
Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham is Froch's draw.

Agreed. I just noticed that when JT sat back and jabbed and decided to box Froch, he was successful. Dirrell has faster hands, great counter punching and I'm assuming better stamina. The only question is his chin. If his chin is solid then Froch has little chance, if any.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:09 PM) *
Agreed. I just noticed that when JT sat back and jabbed and decided to box Froch, he was successful. Dirrell has faster hands, great counter punching and I'm assuming better stamina. The only question is his chin. If his chin is solid then Froch has little chance, if any.

I think that was a sluggish Froch we saw as well. I am not sure Dirrell has faster hands than Taylor, and I don't think he has the power JT has. I think has a better skillset though.

If Dirrell fights Froch like he did Oganov, I think he will lose...either way, I expect Froch to take him places he has yet to be. This is a huge step up for Dirrell...and a lot of people are underrating Froch based upon an off night against Jermain Taylor that he still was able to win by stoppage. If you have not seen it, watch Froch - Pascal. To say Froch has little chance if any against Dirrell is insanity in my view. I can see picking Dirrell, but little chance if any? Again, people are seriously sleeping on Froch.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2009, 09:15 PM) *
I think that was a sluggish Froch we saw as well. I am not sure Dirrell has faster hands than Taylor, and I don't think he has the power JT has. I think has a better skillset though.

If Dirrell fights Froch like he did Oganov, I think he will lose...either way, I expect Froch to take him places he has yet to be. This is a huge step up for Dirrell...and a lot of people are underrating Froch based upon an off night against Jermain Taylor that he still was able to win by stoppage. If you have not seen it, watch Froch - Pascal. To say Froch has little chance if any against Dirrell is insanity in my view. I can see picking Dirrell, but little chance if any? Again, people are seriously sleeping on Froch.

Pascal traded with Froch. Dirrell won't stand and trade with Froch in a million years. Maybe "little chance" is a bit overboard but I can see Dirrell winnning a wide decision. I don't think Dirrell will KO him but I do think he has enough pop to get Froch's respect. We'll see. The verdict is out on Dirrell and for now I stand by my BOLD prediction.

For the record I only would favor Kessler and Dirrell over Froch.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Pascal traded with Froch. Dirrell won't stand and trade with Froch in a million years. Maybe "little chance" is a bit overboard but I can see Dirrell winnning a wide decision. I don't think Dirrell will KO him but I do think he has enough pop to get Froch's respect. We'll see. The verdict is out on Dirrell and for now I stand by my BOLD prediction.

For the record I only would favor Kessler and Dirrell over Froch.

Pascal traded with Froch because he learned early that he was going to have to...so he tried to get his respect right away, and he couldn't...even when he did buzz him. If Pascal could not get to Froch and keep him away, I don't see Dirrell doing it.
D-MARV
I would also like to point out that it is documented that Pascal struggled to make 168. He could have been every bit as sluggish as Froch was against Taylor.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:26 PM) *
I would also like to point out that it is documented that Pascal struggled to make 168. He could have been every bit as sluggish as Froch was against Taylor.

And I will point out that the difference is that Pascal lost a clear and fairly wide (8-4, 9-3, 10-2) decision...Froch knocked Taylor out.

Further, bear in mind that Pascal stayed at 168 for another fight...he only moved up to get a shot at Diaconu for an all Montreal showdown at 175 in what was a very big fight in Canada.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2009, 09:28 PM) *
And I will point out that the difference is that Pascal lost a clear and fairly wide (8-4, 9-3, 10-2) decision...Froch knocked Taylor out.

Further, bear in mind that Pascal stayed at 168 for another fight...he only moved up to get a shot at Diaconu for an all Montreal showdown at 175 in what was a very big fight in Canada.

LOL, There's no debating that. You told me not to put all my apples in the Taylor fight and I'm telling you not to put all you're apples in the Pascal fight. I didn't see anything different from the taylor fight to the Pascal fight. Pascal was just willing to sit and trade which was the reason he lost. I just think Froch's style would suit a slick boxer with lots of movement. Nothing more nothing less.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 09:43 PM) *
LOL, There's no debating that. You told me not to put all my apples in the Taylor fight and I'm telling you not to put all you're apples in the Pascal fight. I didn't see anything different from the taylor fight to the Pascal fight. Pascal was just willing to sit and trade which was the reason he lost. I just think Froch's style would suit a slick boxer with lots of movement. Nothing more nothing less.

You cited Pascal's rumored weight issues as a parallel to Froch's issues adjusting to time and not sleeping...the point was that it really didn't work, because one guy was able to overcome and win by knockout, the other guy lost clear.

I offer the Pascal fight because I am fairly certain citing the Reid or Magee fight will do nothing. Again, Pascal traded because he learned he did not have much of a choice - and while he thought he could get respect, he couldn't. In both fights there was a good deal of access to in the States, Froch forced the boxers with handspeed to fight...this was not by mistake.

I don't exactly see who Dirrell has fought that will prepare him for the step up, in fact, the guy has never been 12...he has never even been in a fight scheduled for 12. And let's not forget that the fight is in the UK.

At the end of the day...the point is that I am looking forward to this tournament immensely.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2009, 09:53 PM) *
You cited Pascal's rumored weight issues as a parallel to Froch's issues adjusting to time and not sleeping...the point was that it really didn't work, because one guy was able to overcome and win by knockout, the other guy lost clear.

I offer the Pascal fight because I am fairly certain citing the Reid or Magee fight will do nothing. Again, Pascal traded because he learned he did not have much of a choice - and while he thought he could get respect, he couldn't. In both fights there was a good deal of access to in the States, Froch forced the boxers with handspeed to fight...this was not by mistake.

I don't exactly see who Dirrell has fought that will prepare him for the step up, in fact, the guy has never been 12...he has never even been in a fight scheduled for 12. And let's not forget that the fight is in the UK.

At the end of the day...the point is that I am looking forward to this tournament immensely.

AMEN to that. I expect to see many wars come out of this tournament.
The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 14 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Am I the only one who wants to see Pavlik fight Allan Green and knock him cold in the first round?

I'd get a great deal of enjoyment out of that.

In addition, Ward is my pick to come out of this tournament. Kessler is #2. If Taylor was worth crap after 6 rounds, he'd make a nice sleeper pick but he just fades with too much reliability. 14 seconds away from beating Froch... 14 seconds!

lol...I'd like that too...ain't no way he could take Pavlik's punches...come to think of it...a scrawny, cracked out version of Pavlik (McCrary or something) rocked Green's world a while back...lol

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2009, 08:45 PM) *
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Froch here as well.

I do not think Dirrell is ready for him.

Yeah...Dirrell ain't ready.

and Froch is better than his last performance...which he won by KO...lol...he may be the old man of the bunch...BUT....tenacity, heart, and a chip on your shoulder can take you far....

P.S.~ regarding a Froch-Kessler matchup....just think....if Kessler winced that bad from a late round slap to the body...what do you think would happen if The Cobra strikes him flush a few times?...especially after he's been fighting bums and on ice for so long?

Yeah....either Ward or Froch will win this ...I'm goin' with Ward...he's gonna rise to the occasion.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The C.E.O. @ Jul 14 2009, 10:10 PM) *
lol...I'd like that too...ain't no way he could take Pavlik's punches...come to think of it...a scrawny, cracked out version of Pavlik (McCrary or something) rocked Green's world a while back...lol

Yeah...Dirrell ain't ready.

and Froch is better than his last performance...which he won by KO...lol...he may be the old man of the bunch...BUT....tenacity, heart, and a chip on your shoulder can take you far....

P.S.~ regarding a Froch-Kessler matchup....just think....if Kessler winced that bad from a late round slap to the body...what do you think would happen if The Cobra strikes him flush a few times?...especially after he's been fighting bums and on ice for so long?

Yeah....either Ward or Froch will win this ...I'm goin' with Ward...he's gonna rise to the occasion.

Im pulling for Ward too! Winning this tournament to go along with a gold medal and a pretty face could mean a new Superstar.
The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Im pulling for Ward too! Winning this tournament to go along with a gold medal and a pretty face could mean a new Superstar.

I was just thinking....maybe I'm picking Ward because of what Dan Henderson did to Michael Bisping the other night...I've had a patriotic hard on for two days now...lol

Nahhh....I see Ward outboxing them all...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 14 2009, 02:29 AM) *

This explains it all really.

QUOTE (Emmanuel @ May 13 2009, 04:53 AM) *
look at jermain taylor for example. I take him to big bear and all the boy wanted to do was fish and play games on the video. theres not many fighters that can remain focused and stay in shape year round.
Big Slim Sweet
Froch, Dirrell, Kessler, Ward...Am I the only one that thinks Arthur Abraham has a great chance to win this thing? He's the proven best of the bunch IMO to this point, and I don't think the weight change is going to hinder him at all.

To me, the three Euro's have to be seen as the odds-on favorites: Abraham, Kessler, Froch...in that order.

Ward and Dirrell are the wildcards. We don't know just what exactly they bring. Jermain Taylor has no shot.
JLUVBABY
my pick is ward to win the whole thing... i think he has the best chance of all these guys to really be something special... he reminds me of a poor mans roy jones in a way...
Method
To me, the three Euro's have to be seen as the odds-on favorites: Abraham, Kessler, Froch...in that order.

Ward and Dirrell are the wildcards.

I think Ward and/or Dirrell have every bit a chance as Abraham, and I think both would beat that fucking palooka Froch.

I think it's a toss-up between Dirrell/Ward/Kessler, then Abraham, and then toss up between Froch/Taylor to take last. Froch just BARELY got by Taylor. Let's not act like he blew him the fuck out. He was getting clearly beat up until the last second KO.
Al Hata

It's hard to say what we will get out of Dirrell and Ward here, but I'm going to say they school them all.

Taylor is done, Froch is not that good. I'm pretty sure I had Taylor winning if he could just finish the fight. Kessler and Abraham would have to be the favorites but I could easily see either Dirrell or Ward getting the easy UD if they are good are they are supposed to be.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Jul 16 2009, 01:32 AM) *
It's hard to say what we will get out of Dirrell and Ward here, but I'm going to say they school them all.

Taylor is done, Froch is not that good. I'm pretty sure I had Taylor winning if he could just finish the fight. Kessler and Abraham would have to be the favorites but I could easily see either Dirrell or Ward getting the easy UD if they are good are they are supposed to be.

Not really seen much of ward or dirrell, that said, how often is anyone as good as there supposed to be?

Im goin to give kessler and abraham one side of a shiny coin each and toss the bastard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.