Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10/3/09 Arreola Vs. Maskiev
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
I don't know about this fight. Oleg is well past 40 and has looked slow as can be the last few times I've seen him.....he still has his power though and I'm still not 100% sold on Arreola's ability to take a punch.

Could be interesting.....

I'd like to see Chris in the ring with some guys that will test his ability to deal with the height and size of the Klits. McCline would have been a perfect choice had he been in shape....but as it was he was only there to collect a check.

I think Danny Williams or Tony Thompson would be a better test for those issues than Oleg.

Nay_Sayer

Arreola KO3

Jack 1000
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 15 2009, 03:15 PM) *
I don't know about this fight. Oleg is well past 40 and has looked slow as can be the last few times I've seen him.....he still has his power though and I'm still not 100% sold on Arreola's ability to take a punch.

Could be interesting.....

I'd like to see Chris in the ring with some guys that will test his ability to deal with the height and size of the Klits. McCline would have been a perfect choice had he been in shape....but as it was he was only there to collect a check

I think Danny Williams or Tony Thompson would be a better test for those issues than Oleg.

Not bad, but it could be worse. The heavyweights are so bad now, we almost have to take what we can get even if its the guy who feasted on "I'm just a sparring partner and here for a paycheck" Rahman twice. Even if "Nipples" wins, I think he's got a LONG way to go before fighting either Klitschko. Chris has to get his weight down, get in there with at least two good fighters who have good chins and stamina, beat them, than he can be a contender. And than the question is, what happens if he looks ordinary or bad against Oleg? I don't know what this fight tells us or proves. I do know it's not a strong enough prerequisite for either Klitschko.

Even though he is shot and if he came back and fucking CARED about winning, I would like to see to see Peter-Arreola before Arreola-Maskiev. But if Peter looked like shit in training, no.

Jack
D-MARV
This fight will likely be on the undercard of Paul Williams-Dzinziruk. I'll take Arreola to finally retire Maskaev within 5.
thefloatingmonkey
Arreola should be able to take Maskiev out. I just wish Arreola would come in shape.
D-MARV
I read on another site that he appears to be "Trim" at those press conferences. He will never have a 6 pack but anywhere around 235 would be good for him.
JonnyBlaze
Oleg still possess a KO punch..He is too old for Arreola though..Arreola is looking for easy fight or seemingly easy fights..This fight appears easy and may be easy for him but Oleg still might put him down..Arreola's biggest opponent is himself..He can't control himself..
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 16 2009, 04:11 AM) *
Oleg still possess a KO punch..He is too old for Arreola though..Arreola is looking for easy fight or seemingly easy fights..This fight appears easy and may be easy for him but Oleg still might put him down..Arreola's biggest opponent is himself..He can't control himself..

Jonny just shut up!

Arreola has been chasing the Klitschko brothers for the last year. He can't get them. If he beats Maskaev he doesn't have to worry about Oleg in the future. I know you hate Chris but that doesn't mean you have to start saying stupid shit.
MarzB
Lol at "FATTY vs. Old Man". Isn't Arreola an Al Haymon fighter? That would make sense about the P Will connection.

If we saw the Sam Peter v Maskaev fight this will be worse. I'll take it(I guess) as I'd rather seem him active than in-active .
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 16 2009, 06:17 AM) *
Jonny just shut up!

Arreola has been chasing the Klitschko brothers for the last year. He can't get them. If he beats Maskaev he doesn't have to worry about Oleg in the future. I know you hate Chris but that doesn't mean you have to start saying stupid shit.

Arreola doesn't deserve a fight with the Klitchkos..Why should he??Because he is overly hyped up??The Klitchkos would have a field day on Arreola..Vitali would drain him out then finish him..I give him props for the McCline fight but McCline needs to hang em up..He should have fought Ruiz instead of Oleg..I just think this is just such a stupid fight..It makes no sense..
JonnysTrainer
Jonathon is right. Don't know about this Arreola guy, he has some good breasts.................................................for a female that is. It also appears that instead of doing his road work like I get my fighters to do, the only road he has been working on is 'rocky road' that he washes down with chocolate milk as opposed to raw eggs. I'm sure Jonathon even now could knock the fat out of him with the classic Dempsey left hook I been teaching him. My fighters don't lose to men with breasts, my guys are too well conditioned.
Hey Jonathon, did your cramps in your calves come up good after I massaged them down with warm milk?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 17 2009, 11:06 AM) *
Arreola doesn't deserve a fight with the Klitchkos..Why should he??Because he is overly hyped up??The Klitchkos would have a field day on Arreola..Vitali would drain him out then finish him..I give him props for the McCline fight but McCline needs to hang em up..He should have fought Ruiz instead of Oleg..I just think this is just such a stupid fight..It makes no sense..

Bang on Jon. Arreola is a fat piece of shit. So am I for that matter but I am not a professional athlete.

QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ Jul 17 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Jonathon is right. Don't know about this Arreola guy, he has some good breasts.................................................for a female that is. It also appears that instead of doing his road work like I get my fighters to do, the only road he has been working on is 'rocky road' that he washes down with chocolate milk as opposed to raw eggs. I'm sure Jonathon even now could knock the fat out of him with the classic Dempsey left hook I been teaching him. My fighters don't lose to men with breasts, my guys are too well conditioned.
Hey Jonathon, did your cramps in your calves come up good after I massaged them down with warm milk?

You are right Mr Trainer. Warm milk for cramps eh? Sounds like another classic old school technique that is lost on modern trainers & their methods. How is Jon's hook coming along? I hope you are teaching him the double jab body hook combo.

D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 17 2009, 06:06 AM) *

Whether or not you think he doesn't deserve a shot is one arguement.. but to say that Arreola is only looking for the easiest fights is not correct. I think this Maskaev fight is pointless too but after Vitali fights David Haye he would have to fight Maskaev anyways. If Arreola beats Maskaev then we would be finished with Oleg.
JonnysTrainer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 17 2009, 07:26 AM) *
How is Jon's hook coming along? I hope you are teaching him the double jab body hook combo.

He is running like a well oiled machine. We have him sparring with me now as well which is a new challenge for him. Of course I have to box with one of these though.

iron_mike
Arreola...lol at his name cause his manboobs...he's gonna KO Oleg within 6...I can't remember the last time I saw Maskaev fight...Rahman??? Was it that long ago??? All I remember he's boring...except when he put Rahman out of the ring...twice was it??Or the 2nd time he almost did like the first fight?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.