Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather taking shots at Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
D-MARV
torvix2000
Lol! Mayweather can't seem to avoid bringing up other names just to sell his fight with Juan Marquez.
STEVENSKI
This just reminded me why I want to see him hurt badly. When I say hurt I mean hurt like he cannot remember what he just said drooling & slurring his words sitting in a wheelchair hurt.

Words cannot describe just how much I despise Floyd as a so called fighter. The man is a straight out fraud & is completely delusional as to his actual value both as a fighter & a human being.
Keith
I actually think this is PBF promoting a fight with Mosley. I believe PBF when he says he will never fight Pac at 50/50. His ego is so big that he could never accept that, nor would Arum ever accept anything less then 50/50 for Pac because his ego is so big. So after Marquez and Shane's tbd opponent in the fall, it would be a logical matchup. PBF is already stirring the pot and the buildup will get ugly and bitter. These two have beeen dancing around each other for 10 years and I think now there is some real animosity to fuel a big fight.
MarzB
Floyd knows contrary to what the haters may say that what he says will piss them off even more (see the 3rd post here,lol) and they'll still tune in.

Judging by the title of this thread I thought he was gonna merely be his, "Mosley is a steroid user" crap but he actually put a spin on it that I didn't consider. He's right. I have no problem believing that Margarito fought with loaded gloves prior but somehow (me included) most of us believe Mosley only used when he fought Dela Hoya (II). Thats a bad double standard and he makes a point there.

A word about Mosley, I felt after the Forrest loses, Mosley lost his zing in his punches, didn't throw as many combos and just seemed stiff. At the time I thought it was his obsession with weight lifting but who's to say whether it was the "juice"?? Bottom line is, that their fight is the most competitive fight in the division, even Floyd's uncle thinks so.

The bad: Must he mention his money in EVERY SINGLE interview? Surely the haters will throw up the reports of what he owes and an easy retort to that is, in one fight he could easily settle those debts but thats not the point. It's childish and I don't mean discussing PPV #'s either. I'm talking about the homes, cars and all that other irrelevant crab in the grand scheme of things.

I noticed his demeanor was more calmer here. Floyd should know as he's said himself that no matter what he does there will be critics. I prefer animated Floyd myself for the entertainment value.

While I don't expect him nor any boxer to totally reveal what actually happened with regard to his injury, I thought he could have been more descriptive as opposed to being coy..

Brian Kenny: Utterly amazed he didn't bring up the reports of ticket sales for the fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 16 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Brian Kenny: Utterly amazed he didn't bring up the reports of ticket sales for the fight.

Operating under specific instructions I would suggest not to mention that particular area of interest. I for one will be tuning into the fight for sure I just will not be paying to do so.
MarzB
Point taken. I didn't like Dela Hoya (not nearly as much as you hated Mayweather) but did want to see him fight but only paid for it a few times..
Box in Hand
As much as this man is hated he sure gets a lot of talk time round here. Face the truth Mosely did cheat and that is documented. What Margarito did was far worst but Mosely can't cast stones which I'm not sure he's gonna do anyways. As far as a matchup goes between Mosely and Mayweather, that may happen because May doesn't want less than 50% and neither does Pac. My call is Mayweather by UD as he moves and frustrates the older Mosely.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 16 2009, 10:00 AM) *
As much as this man is hated he sure gets a lot of talk time round here. Face the truth Mosely did cheat and that is documented. What Margarito did was far worst but Mosely can't cast stones which I'm not sure he's gonna do anyways. As far as a matchup goes between Mosely and Mayweather, that may happen because May doesn't want less than 50% and neither does Pac. My call is Mayweather by UD as he moves and frustrates the older Mosely.

Ya he cheated and it doesnt matter under what circumstances it happened. The stink of it really is that I dont think it really helped him. He had already beaten DLH so how much did it help him there... and all that did was lead to fights with Winky which he lost.

I am sure 99% of folks will disagree with me... but Mosley by KO...if the fight happens in the next year.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 16 2009, 09:12 AM) *
Ya he cheated and it doesnt matter under what circumstances it happened. The stink of it really is that I dont think it really helped him. He had already beaten DLH so how much did it help him there... and all that did was lead to fights with Winky which he lost.

I am sure 99% of folks will disagree with me... but Mosley by KO...if the fight happens in the next year.

The things is, this fight won't happen this year since September is May's next fight. That's too late in the year for another fight of that stature to happen. I know you're thinking now is a good time since May's had a long layoff but I don't see it happening this year. With that being said, the longer it goes the more Mosely's skills are going to erode. I think that's what May's counting on too.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 16 2009, 10:42 AM) *
The things is, this fight won't happen this year since September is May's next fight. That's too late in the year for another fight of that stature to happen. I know you're thinking now is a good time since May's had a long layoff but I don't see it happening this year. With that being said, the longer it goes the more Mosely's skills are going to erode. I think that's what May's counting on too.

I meant in the next 12 months (next spring, early next summer), not by the end of this year.

In response to the erosion of skills, ya Mayweather may be hoping for that but I dont see it happening. Father time catches up with everyone but I recntly watched 4 of mosleys fights. 1st DLH, 2nd Forrest, Cotto, and Margs... and I saw basically no difference in his skills. Perhaps a tad slower hand speed and footwork but I also see a physically stonger Mosley now. His body has grown into 147 without the having to hit the weights the way he did when he jumped from 35 to fight DLH. And with that strength I also see more power in his punches... imho, lol.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 16 2009, 09:46 AM) *
I meant in the next 12 months (next spring, early next summer), not by the end of this year.

Wow, that's a big call. Yeah, I have to bet against you on this one Keith. Mosely likes to engage too much. I know I'll get hammered for this but "Mosely isn't that intelligent of a fighter". Why?

1. He juices even though he beat De la Hoya the first time.
2. He decides to lift weights to get stronger for the big guys thereby taking away his speed.
3. He decides to bang with Cotto instead of fighting an intelligent fight.
4. He loses to Winky and Vernon and didn't change his tactics in the rematch much and loses again to both fighters.
5. He says he's willing to go down to 143 to fight Pac instead of manning up and fighting Paul Williams making himself look like an old fighter looking for one last payday.

Floyd is an arrogant ass but his a lot more intelligent than Mosely.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 16 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Wow, that's a big call. Yeah, I have to bet against you on this one Keith. Mosely likes to engage too much. I know I'll get hammered for this but "Mosely isn't that intelligent of a fighter". Why?

1. He juices even though he beat De la Hoya the first time.
2. He decides to lift weights to get stronger for the big guys thereby taking away his speed.
3. He decides to bang with Cotto instead of fighting an intelligent fight.
4. He loses to Winky and Vernon and didn't change his tactics in the rematch much and loses again to both fighters.
5. He says he's willing to go down to 143 to fight Pac instead of manning up and fighting Paul Williams making himself look like an old fighter looking for one last payday.

Floyd is an arrogant ass but his a lot more intelligent than Mosely.

I can agree with all of that. Those are all dumb things that Shane has done. PBF is a more intelligent fighter.
torvix2000
LOL!

Why couldn't Mayweather simply sell his upcoming fight with Juan Manuel by telling people that it's gonna be Mayweather vs Marquez?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 16 2009, 11:39 AM) *
LOL!

Why couldn't Mayweather simply sell his upcoming fight with Juan Manuel by telling people that it's gonna be Mayweather vs Marquez?

do you wear a helmet?
Byrd Man
I refuse to watch this fuckery. I refuse to participate in anything that Mayweather ever does again. I'll check the results on here or ESPN, but I'll never watch another interview, I'll never give him his attention that he so desperately craves.

He has nothing to say that interests me in the slightest. Every one of his interviews follows some rambling script so you already know what he's going to say.

1. He's the best
2. He has never lost.
3. Who is (insert name of potential fighter), how many losses does he have? He's supposed to be on my level?
4. I don't chase fighters, fighters chase me
5. I don't have to fight
6. Mosley is a sparring partner.
7. I'm gonna whip that ass
8. Etc, etc, etc.

It's all arrogant bullshit, all of it.

And I for one am finally taking a stand and just refuse to pay him any attention.
D-MARV
I expect Mayweather to beat Marquez then go after the Pacquiao-Cotto winner. After that, if Shane is still around, Floyd will fight him.
MarzB
I'm still waiting to hear who Mayweather actually has ducked. ByrdMan, you're a notorious hater, please tell me when these alleged "DUCKS" have occurred.

Arum gave Floyd an offer for Marg in '06 immediately after Floyd paid to leave him while he was in negotiations with Spinks (to get a trinket for a pending DLH bout) and Baldomir so he could be recognized as the true linear champ. I've said a thousand friggin times, Floyd got a portion of the Baldomir PPV which was decidedly more than what Arum was offering not to mention Arum hadn't fully paid out the money owed to him from Gatti fight. Don't let FACTS fuck up your baseless arguments, please...

Floyd NEVER ducked Mosley and has called/challenged him repeatedly. Who's next? Cotto was NEVER in the running and the same goes for Williams. Now who the hell has Floyd DUCKED I'm asking? Myths aside now here's a point I love said in this variation.

Mayweather chooses to act like a dickhead which he is to sell fights

This has been stated in other ways, such as, "he only does that because it Sells",

As opposed to NOT SELLING lol. I mean seriously isn't the object to make an event marketable? Come on, don't let your 'hatred' cloud your (usual lack of)objectiveness . As mentioned in this thread, this dude is one HELLUVA lightening rod to be hated so much so he must be doing something right.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 16 2009, 02:01 PM) *
I refuse to watch this fuckery. I refuse to participate in anything that Mayweather ever does again. I'll check the results on here or ESPN, but I'll never watch another interview, I'll never give him his attention that he so desperately craves.

He has nothing to say that interests me in the slightest. Every one of his interviews follows some rambling script so you already know what he's going to say.

1. He's the best
2. He has never lost.
3. Who is (insert name of potential fighter), how many losses does he have? He's supposed to be on my level?
4. I don't chase fighters, fighters chase me
5. I don't have to fight
6. Mosley is a sparring partner.
7. I'm gonna whip that ass
8. Etc, etc, etc.

It's all arrogant bullshit, all of it.

And I for one am finally taking a stand and just refuse to pay him any attention.

Damn, for somebody that refuses to watch him, you sure do have his lines down packed. LOL!

Jack 1000
But you know,

The more I watch Floyd acting like an idiot shooting his mouth off the funnier it is and the better I feel. Since Floyd will never fight anyone with a punch who can hurt him, his talk is all smoke and mirrors. That's what Floyd is, smoke and mirrors.

Thing is that some very top respected boxing people are skilled enough to see through the smoke and mirrors and see the man is an evading fraud. I mean, he can't even trash talk right!

Jack
EpTXCHAMP
lol i dnt see floyd as dillusional???

He simply stated facts shane cheated! and he aint a draw!
Keith
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 16 2009, 05:00 PM) *
lol i dnt see floyd as dillusional???

He simply stated facts shane cheated! and he aint a draw!

Ya... by why did he say it. He isnt fighting Shane. He is fighting JMM. He spoke for about a whole 30 seconds about Marquez and spent the rest of the time bashing Mosley so that makes him a dickhead. He cant seem to keep Mosley out of his mouth... so why not fight him and then he can talk 24/7 about Shane.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 16 2009, 04:42 PM) *
But you know,

The more I watch Floyd acting like an idiot shooting his mouth off the funnier it is and the better I feel. Since Floyd will never fight anyone with a punch who can hurt him, his talk is all smoke and mirrors. That's what Floyd is, smoke and mirrors.

Thing is that some very top respected boxing people are skilled enough to see through the smoke and mirrors and see the man is an evading fraud. I mean, he can't even trash talk right!

Jack

SMH... We'll see.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 16 2009, 02:41 PM) *
I'm still waiting to hear who Mayweather actually has ducked.

Floyd NEVER ducked Mosley and has called/challenged him repeatedly.

This nonsense again? Really? I cant freaking stand this argument about how PBF has called Shane out twice and Shane ducked him. Do you know that both times PBF challenged Shane, they were fighting in different weight classes, and it would of been Shane who had to go out of his way to make the fight? But all of a sudden now that they are actually fighting in the same division (first time really)... PBF doesnt want to fight. What? Really? You dont call that a duck?

Seems like PBF is growing feathers and a yellow stripe from his head to the crack of his chicken ass.

Its perfectly fine to say PBF is a better fighter then Mosley and argue that all day but... it is absolute lunacy to say that PBF has faced the best competition at 40+47. Absolute Vodka drinking lunacy. He has never faced a prime elite fighter in either division when many were available.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 16 2009, 03:35 PM) *
Ya... by why did he say it. He isnt fighting Shane. He is fighting JMM. He spoke for about a whole 30 seconds about Marquez and spent the rest of the time bashing Mosley so that makes him a dickhead. He cant seem to keep Mosley out of his mouth... so why not fight him and then he can talk 24/7 about Shane.

it was just a response to kennys first interview, if u remember he called out floyd in the first one bout shane being the real champ, floyd didnt really wanna talk bout it or have the right answers this time around was more prepared and brought up his argument that shane cheated so is he a "real" champ, IMO I saw nothing wrong with it, maybe a lil arrogant but thats money

as for shane ducking him brotha shane admitted he didnt give floyd a chance back then cuz he had bigger things set up(dlh fight).
Now that floyd is on top and shane is on the way out he wants floyd give me a break its in the pudding lol

dnt forget his toothache man I know u prob love shane and hate floyd but dont twist facts its karma and honestly and hope floyd dont give shane a pay day he had his chances
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 16 2009, 11:41 AM) *
I'm still waiting to hear who Mayweather actually has ducked. ByrdMan, you're a notorious hater, please tell me when these alleged "DUCKS" have occurred.

Arum gave Floyd an offer for Marg in '06 immediately after Floyd paid to leave him while he was in negotiations with Spinks (to get a trinket for a pending DLH bout) and Baldomir so he could be recognized as the true linear champ. I've said a thousand friggin times, Floyd got a portion of the Baldomir PPV which was decidedly more than what Arum was offering not to mention Arum hadn't fully paid out the money owed to him from Gatti fight. Don't let FACTS fuck up your baseless arguments, please...

Floyd NEVER ducked Mosley and has called/challenged him repeatedly. Who's next? Cotto was NEVER in the running and the same goes for Williams. Now who the hell has Floyd DUCKED I'm asking?

um.....point in my post where I said the word "duck" or saying that he ducked anyone. In the past I may have said that, but what about THAT post? Did I say that? hmmmm....
Byrd Man
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 16 2009, 11:55 AM) *
Damn, for somebody that refuses to watch him, you sure do have his lines down packed. LOL!

I've seen enough of his interviews and bullshit ramblings that I know exactly what is being said each time without even watching him anymore. lol
Keith
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 16 2009, 06:29 PM) *
it was just a response to kennys first interview, if u remember he called out floyd in the first one bout shane being the real champ, floyd didnt really wanna talk bout it or have the right answers this time around was more prepared and brought up his argument that shane cheated so is he a "real" champ, IMO I saw nothing wrong with it, maybe a lil arrogant but thats money

as for shane ducking him brotha shane admitted he didnt give floyd a chance back then cuz he had bigger things set up(dlh fight).
Now that floyd is on top and shane is on the way out he wants floyd give me a break its in the pudding lol

dnt forget his toothache man I know u prob love shane and hate floyd but dont twist facts its karma and honestly and hope floyd dont give shane a pay day he had his chances

When you "duck" someone you choose to fight someone else of a lower caliber. In 99' Shane chose to fight DLH, by far the bigger challenge (and payday) at that time. So is that a "duck"? The answer is no. As for the toothache deal, there was more to it then "I have a toothache". PBF wanted to fight Shane on something like 3 months notice and wasnt willing to wait if I remember correctly. Shane had been fighting at 154 for a number of years and would of needed more time to make the weight. As we have seen with a number of fights, coming down is not an easy task. Thus, my whole argument... PBF calls Shane out when its good for him. Now is as good a time as they have EVER had to settle this... and its PBF who is making excuses.

I dont understand the statement I bolded. You would rather not see this fight happen to prove some point to Mosley? What? You call yourself a fight fan? Why do you care about paydays or moral high ground? It could be a great fight and you would rather not see it... I DONT GET THAT AT ALL.
MarzB
it is absolute lunacy to say that PBF has faced the best competition at 40+47.

I'm glad "toothache -gate" was mentioned here but "keith", when you find WHERE I said that, you let me know ok? What I said was that he didn't duck who the haters feel he allegedly ducked. Shane was available after Vargas II before Floyd started negotiating with Spinks and Baldomir.

As far as 140, he stayed there for three fights mainly to set up the top draw in the division Gatti WTF?? I am convinced that had Kostya beaten (as he should have done) Ricky Hatton that fight would have happened but thats neither here nor there. Why should he stay at that division if he was intending on frying "bigger" (lucrative that is) fish?? It was immediately clear after the Gatti fight he was going up to welter to fight Zab and then set up a DLH fight which indeed happened. It was widely thought in '06 that a DLH fight would happen in November. You don't believe me?? Why else would Floyd Jr be shown by HBO in the audience rubbing his hands after DLH beat Mayorga?

Because he THOUGHT he was next in line for a fight with Oscar (the sports cash cow lets not forget at the time). There was anticipation at the time whether Oscar was going to fight that year but he announced he wasn't I believe due to his wife having a kid.

Please don't respond back with some weak retort of, "thats not the point, Oscar wasn't the best Jr Middle at the time, blah, blah" because there isn't a fighter OUT there at the time that wouldn't give their left arm (figuratively speaking) to NOT match up against Oscar.

Considering Floyd is still a welter weight the chapter isn't closed on him at welter so hold onto that hostility would ya...Lets wait five years from now and then recap him.
Keith
Marz, when you call yourself the "greatest fighter of all time" as Floyd has, and you choose not to chase the best fighters, that means you are ducking everyone. And I have no problem with him taking big money fights with DLH or Hatton. I dont even understand how that is relevant about what we are discussing.

Toothaches! I hate em! LOL. I am willing to give Shane the benefit of the doubt on that one whatever the circumstances. We have 2 guys here, one has spent the last 10 years making the best fights he could against the toughest fighters he could face, and another who has spent the past 7 years picking and choosing the easiest fights he could make. Which one is Shane and which one is Floyd?
MarzB
Look, I don't agree with Floyd in that statement and definitely thinks he can run off the mouth too much but I think for him being as professional as he has (competition wise) his entire career he gets a terrible rap.

If Floyd beats everyone in this era he still wouldn't be greatest but thats beside the point. The Mosley fight will happen because it's a makeable fight thatss for sure. You can count on it. The only thing is to make it a marketable fight
torvix2000
Mayweather needs to sell his fight by telling people he's fighting.

Look. Pacquiao and Cotto will sell their fight by telling people, "Hey, we're fighting. Come and watch".

Mayweather is saying "You people need to watch my fight because Mosley is a cheater".

LOL!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 16 2009, 11:55 PM) *
As far as 140, he stayed there for three fights mainly to set up the top draw in the division Gatti WTF?? I am convinced that had Kostya beaten (as he should have done) Ricky Hatton that fight would have happened but thats neither here nor there.

Never would have happened. Floyd knows that a peak Tszyu would have knocked him into tomorrow. To beat Tszyu you had to be prepared to go toe to toe & blow for blow with Tszyu. Floyd has never shown that tendancy in his life but Tszyu made a habit of catching & hurting slick fighters.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 16 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Look, I don't agree with Floyd in that statement and definitely thinks he can run off the mouth too much but I think for him being as professional as he has (competition wise) his entire career he gets a terrible rap.

If Floyd beats everyone in this era he still wouldn't be greatest but thats beside the point. The Mosley fight will happen because it's a makeable fight thatss for sure. You can count on it. The only thing is to make it a marketable fight

Ok, lets go through a little exercise here. Name me all the prime elite fighters PBF has faced in the last 6-7 years? Maybe we can work from there. That means prime AND elite. Name them... I dare you.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 12:31 AM) *
Ok, lets go through a little exercise here. Name me all the prime elite fighters PBF has faced in the last 6-7 years? Maybe we can work from there. That means prime AND elite. Name them... I dare you.

You don't understand "I done prooved myself".

I will give you the answer if you like.

NONE
Keith
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 16 2009, 07:35 PM) *

NONE

Thats why I'm on YOUR HATE WAGON! FUCK FLOYD.
STEVENSKI
I really want to like Floyd as he is a highly skilled fighter but the way he conducts himself inside & outside the ring combined with the fights he makes happen & not happen make me want to see him in a wheelchair.
provo
Ca'mon ! Floyd would have picked Kostya apart ... floyd and shane will happen after Marquez ! And floyd will outclass him and frustrate mosley easily! So much hate on floyd here but everyone follows everything he does LOL, floyd has been after shane ! And has avoided floyd. NOW SHANE NEEDS FLOYD ! Floyd has been dissing this guy for years ..lol
I can't wait for this fight to happen ,but once it does all the haters will come up with some excuse about floyd
Bottom line ! Floyd is the best in the game and everyone hates it because of the mans attitude ! I admit he gets out of hand sometimes but the man is a entertainer he does it to throw his challeger off and frustrate him and he does it guys come at him thinking his going to fold ! LoL not going to happen ! The man is the Smartest in the game with the greatest Defense.!
MarzB
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 16 2009, 06:35 PM) *

NONE

This is such a loaded question but how about lets go through this exercise.

In 2005 Floyd fought at 140 agreed?? Please name the top 140lbs at the time.......

I'll help you. Tsyu just destroyed Mitchell and still had a belt (IBF I believe) I believe although he was stripped of the WBC that Gatti got. So the top 140lbs at the time were... Tsyu, Hatton, Gatti and most people forget, Vivian Harris who was caling out Floyd "big time" but blew his chance on a Floyd undercard that was intended to showcase him. Cotto was still green at the time being in AWE of Floyd (see his expression when he beat Gatti). If Floyd had fought Cotto at that time you all would be calling it child abuse, agreed?? Now who else based on your question was Floyd supposed to fight at 140?? Next division please.

In late 2005 and 2006 Floyd campaigned at 147lbs can we agree??

At this juncture Cory Spinks unified the division but then lost it to Zab Judah did he not?? Since Judah was the undisputed king of the division no matter how many people here want to go into denial about that, we'll have to discuss the up and coming at the time. Margarito after whining while losing against Santos came back down to welterweight and was making "noise"(if you believe those fools at Maxboxing.com). Kermit Cintron was coming up. Shane was still campaiging at 154lb was he not?? Paul Williams was JUST coming on the scene but the buildup was obviously to Floyd vs. Zab period. They were feuding back and forth, blah, blah. You all know the rest. It's not Floyd's fault that Zab didn't take care of Baldomir business.. So who should Floyd had fought at this juncture?? Please tell me since he's avoided people or isn't fighting the best?

The rest is academic and fairly recent so no need but here's what I don't get. So not even Floyd but you guys actually think fighters (I think some of you actually do) should fight 6+ times a year, two months at a time and fight each other?? Well this isn't 1950 where rematches are happening a week later. The reality is with fighters belonging to different promoters, television dates, sanctioning bodies, etc, fighters will fight what most lucrative and marketable.

Now in those years of 2005 and 2006, it's not Floyd's fault that he made the top guys look ordinary or that those guys didn't do their jobs (Harris, Tsyu) . What do you want from him?? Be realistic here please.

Name me some names right now and lets see how makeable these fights are?? I'll help you.

Cotto- should happen next year should Cotto leave Arum

Mosley- definitely in the cards as Mosley is getting older(ah theres an excuse right there)

Berto- please moving on..

Williams- I personally don't think Williams can make 147lb comfortably anymore and I think he poses the biggest threat to Floyd but if the money is there, he'll do it..

I purposely didn't mention what most consider to be the most lucrative fight because while it's lucrative even the "Hate Club" knows what the result would be there...

Maybe I should write down Haye, Pavlik, Dawson and Adamek as future opponents also since Floyd can't win amongst his critics,lol..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 17 2009, 12:53 AM) *
Ca'mon ! Floyd would have picked Kostya apart ...

I don't buy that for a second. Tszyu would have timed him & hurt him. When was Tszyu ever outboxed? Outfought sure but never outboxed & Floyd would not fight Tszyu believe that he would run but I think he would not be able to hide.
MarzB
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 16 2009, 08:00 PM) *
I don't buy that for a second. Tszyu would have timed him & hurt him. When was Tszyu ever outboxed? Outfought sure but never outboxed & Floyd would not fight Tszyu believe that he would run but I think he would not be able to hide.

This is where you and I but heads. Kostya Tsyu (god I always forget how to spell his last name) was/is one of my favs and this would have been a great fight. What Tsyu lacked in speed he made up for with tremendous timing. I've said this to you that while Tsyu is a first balloter in my eyes, theres no one on his resume that had Floyd's skills, ability to adapt etc. This is not to say that Floyd would have mopped him because he wouldn't have.

I'll just say this, it pisses me off completely how he didn't handle that Hatton business because HBO & SHOtime would have figured out something to make this fight happen at that time. Also at this time is when Zab and Floyd's friendship went sour and Floyd would have loved to have had bragging rights over Zab with that regard. I'm not saying he would have won (although I would pick him) I'm just saying it's bad that the events of the time unfolded as they did.
provo
MarzB good point made ! Now floyd would have sat back and waited Kostya to make a mistake and counter all day ! Kostya had trouble with zab speed in the first round ,but we know zab has no defense and got slept , Floyd don't make mistakes ! Kostya would have gotten ripped apart!
That's why the man is done ....
MarzB good point about floyd fighting cotto if it would have happen Floyd would have kicked his ass ! Floyd wanted to fight cotto but cotto and his team as well as arum wanted no part of it....
And people bring up paul williams ! I feel he gives floyd the most trouble BUt ca'mon the man is 6'1 floyd is 5'7 ..lol
Everyone just wants to see floyd lose and that's it!
Sorry won't happen!
Pac -cant do it! HOW? Putting his head down ,eyes closed throwing punches leaping into punches????
Shane - Can't do it ! HOW? Trying to act like he's faster than floyd LOL and has better skills LOL but without defense,"oh look what he did the margo" lol ca'mon no one would want to fight and have their head on straight after getting caught cheating moments before..lol
Berto- HELL NO..LOL
Marquez?? Gatti part 2 "rip gatti"
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 16 2009, 03:42 PM) *
um.....point in my post where I said the word "duck" or saying that he ducked anyone. In the past I may have said that, but what about THAT post? Did I say that? hmmmm....

Still waiting, Marz
MarzB
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 16 2009, 08:23 PM) *
Still waiting, Marz

Dude look talk boxing ok? Now if you want to harp on this fine. The fact that you yourself said you actually once said this but not anymore illustrates how you're willing to flip flop your argument merely because of your personal disdain of someone whom you've never met. I mean you know his quotes better than he does.. "DUCKED" was definitely mentioned in this thread but I purposely chose you because you've started SO MANY "Anti Floyd" threads.

I've taken you to task on this before but as I said in this thread, the lack of objectivity at times with Floyd amongst some is unreal. Heck I'm a fan of his and I've criticized many aspects about him. Heck even in this thread.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 17 2009, 02:07 AM) *
This is where you and I but heads. Kostya Tsyu (god I always forget how to spell his last name) was/is one of my favs and this would have been a great fight. What Tsyu lacked in speed he made up for with tremendous timing. I've said this to you that while Tsyu is a first balloter in my eyes, theres no one on his resume that had Floyd's skills, ability to adapt etc. This is not to say that Floyd would have mopped him because he wouldn't have.

That is true but there is also no one on Floyd's resume that had Tszyu's skills, timing & power.

A intriguing fight & one that I think Tszyu would have won. A lot of people think Tszyu was a just a powerpuncher that just beat people down. He was a masterful boxer who timed fighters & rarely lost a round. A classic case of two fighters who were qually skilled but very different & would have been a true chess match.

QUOTE (provo @ Jul 17 2009, 02:20 AM) *
MarzB good point made ! Now floyd would have sat back and waited Kostya to make a mistake and counter all day ! Kostya had trouble with zab speed in the first round ,but we know zab has no defense and got slept , Floyd don't make mistakes ! Kostya would have gotten ripped apart!

I think you are about 5 cans short of a six pack Provo. Marz & I do not see eye to eye on the Floyd matter but we know enough to know that this type of fight would have been intriguing to say the least & both guys were/are highly skilled with all the physical attributes a fighter could want. Tszyu was the king of counter punching & had very fast hard punches with everything set up off his superb jab.

I cannot see PBF "ripping" Tszyu apart I can see a excellent boxing match that I would favour Tszyu in due to his style.
JD
By the time Floyd got to 140, Tszyu's timing, accuracy and legs had diminished. He was on his way down.
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Jul 16 2009, 09:33 PM) *
Dude look talk boxing ok? Now if you want to harp on this fine. The fact that you yourself said you actually once said this but not anymore illustrates how you're willing to flip flop your argument merely because of your personal disdain of someone whom you've never met. I mean you know his quotes better than he does.. "DUCKED" was definitely mentioned in this thread but I purposely chose you because you've started SO MANY "Anti Floyd" threads.

I've taken you to task on this before but as I said in this thread, the lack of objectivity at times with Floyd amongst some is unreal. Heck I'm a fan of his and I've criticized many aspects about him. Heck even in this thread.

We could say the same thing about you. Where in this thread did you criticize him? I must of missed it. According to you, Floyd has faced and beaten the best fighters he possibly could except KT, Cotto, Margs, PWill, or Mosley.
JD
I know there is no money in the fight...but I really would be interested in seeing Mayweather fight Sergio Martinez.
MarzB
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 16 2009, 08:50 PM) *
I know there is no money in the fight...but I really would be interested in seeing Mayweather fight Sergio Martinez.

I "heard" this and don't know how true it is or not but apparently at the time Tsyzu (best hair style of all time in boxing too,lol) and Zab fought, Zab was apparently riding Mike's (Tyson) coat-tails really hard. So hard that Floyd mentioned that he mentioned what he thought would work against Kostya but Zab totally dismissed it. We all know the rest. Was WAY too cocky that first and and TIMBER (literally) the next.

(btw, theres a great documentary on Tsyzu called "Destiny" that I highly recommend to any boxing fan).

The one thing that intrigued me about Kostya is how easily he beat a very good Vernon Forrest in the amateurs. I think that fight is on youtube.

Oh, does Sergio speak any english?? Because it seems nowadays fights are made based on your profile and since he and Haye are part time models (thus bringing in women), we see what HAYE's mouth got him into. Perhaps Sergio could call out Floyd,lol. Intriguing fight no doubt. He'd be facing a prime 154 but as you said, NEVER will happen.

My fights (never will happen) would be; a prime ready Junior Witter, Nate Campbell and a makeable fight, Joshua Clottey..
Keith
Marz... OH MARZ!.... still waiting for your to name 1 prime elite fighter that Floyd has faced in the last 7 years. Thats pretty relevant since its more then half his career, and its the half that would be considered HIS prime 25-32. If you cant, then that says a whole lot about Floyds prime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.