Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane Mosley: "I'm going to 140; I want to fight Pacquiao for his belt"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
thehype
SHANE MOSLEY: "I'M GOING TO 140; I WANT TO FIGHT PACQUIAO FOR HIS BELT"

"I'm going down to 140 and I want to fight Pacquiao for his belt because that's a belt I had never won. I have never won the jr. welterweight belt before. Also, at the same time, I can pick up the pound-for-pound belt. I believe I can make the weight so let's do it! There should be no 143, 141, 142 or all this other stuff. I'm going to 140 and fighting at his weight...I'm ready to make the sacrifice once again to get down to 140 or whatever it is. I used to make a big sacrifice to get to lightweight. I know how to make the weight. I know how to get down there and get to the weight and be strong so I can do it one more time to fight Pacquiao," stated welterweight champion Sugar Shane Mosley as he made it clear that he's ready to move all the way down to 140 to meet jr. welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao at his own weight in hopes of capturing the title he never got and proving that he's truly the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport. You don't want to miss what he had to say!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5280.html

Fortunately, I actually got the phone call before the press release was sent out, so needless to say, I was much more stunned to hear how serious he was about moving down to 140 than I was when I read it in the press release.

But yo...he's a dead serious about it! I gotta give the guy props. I don't know if it would be a good look for him to fight Manny at 140, but damn...Shane Mosley is a true throwback fighter. I know people are thinking that he's desparate for money because of the divorce and all, but from my understanding, he's definitely not. In fact, I think it's safe to say that Mayweather is more desparate for money than Mosley is.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 17 2009, 04:17 PM) *
SHANE MOSLEY: "I'M GOING TO 140; I WANT TO FIGHT PACQUIAO FOR HIS BELT"

"I'm going down to 140 and I want to fight Pacquiao for his belt because that's a belt I had never won. I have never won the jr. welterweight belt before. Also, at the same time, I can pick up the pound-for-pound belt. I believe I can make the weight so let's do it! There should be no 143, 141, 142 or all this other stuff. I'm going to 140 and fighting at his weight...I'm ready to make the sacrifice once again to get down to 140 or whatever it is. I used to make a big sacrifice to get to lightweight. I know how to make the weight. I know how to get down there and get to the weight and be strong so I can do it one more time to fight Pacquiao," stated welterweight champion Sugar Shane Mosley as he made it clear that he's ready to move all the way down to 140 to meet jr. welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao at his own weight in hopes of capturing the title he never got and proving that he's truly the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport. You don't want to miss what he had to say!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5280.html

Fortunately, I actually got the phone call before the press release was sent out, so needless to say, I was much more stunned to hear how serious he was about moving down to 140 than I was when I read it in the press release.

But yo...he's a dead serious about it! I gotta give the guy props. I don't know if it would be a good look for him to fight Manny at 140, but damn...Shane Mosley is a true throwback fighter.

Man fuck that. Shane needs to fight Paul Williams. The P4P title isn't important to real fans. He needs to fight a dangerous opponent on his level. I don't want to see no skinny ass Mosely fighting Pacquiao.
D-MARV
I honestly think this has everything to do with legacy. Imagine what wins over Pacquiao and Mayweather would do to his legacy.
Keith
I love this dude. Did anyone see this coming? 140? Are you serious? Shane has the absolute biggest balls of them all right now. He has cornered Pac, makes Cotto look like a whiny bitch, and could possibly take Floyds big superfight. Any thoughts?
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 05:25 PM) *
Man fuck that. Shane needs to fight Paul Williams. The P4P title isn't important to real fans. He needs to fight a dangerous opponent on his level. I don't want to see no skinny ass Mosely fighting Pacquiao.

I think more fans, both diehard and casual, would tune in to see Pacquiao vs. Mosley than Mosley vs. Williams. Pacquiao vs. Mosley is just a much bigger fight. In fact, I think more fans, both diehard and casual, would tune in to see Pacquiao vs. Mosley than Pacquiao vs. Cotto.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 17 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I think more fans, both diehard and casual, would tune in to see Pacquiao vs. Mosley than Mosley vs. Williams. Pacquiao vs. Mosley is just a much bigger fight. In fact, I think more fans, both diehard and casual, would tune in to see Pacquiao vs. Mosley than Pacquiao vs. Cotto.

Hype, I'm die hard and have always said Manny is overrated. I don't want to see that mess. Fight Paul Williams since he is the percieved "Man no one wants to fight".
Keith
I friggin love it! He has cornered Pac, made Cotto look like a whiny bitch in need a good diet, and possible taken Floyds big superfight. Thats a pretty good days work if you ask me. The man has huge balls!
Sugar Q
Shane is an athlete and if he says he can get down I think he can. They have been planning and plotting to get Pacquiao's little ass. I got Shane by KO! Shane is a bigger, stronger, quicker, iron chin Marquez even at 37. I predict team Pacquiao coming up with a bogus excuse maybe the old 75/25 or 80/20 BS.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jul 17 2009, 04:36 PM) *
Shane is an athlete and if he says he can get down I think he can. They have been planning and plotting to get Pacquiao's little ass. I got Shane by KO! Shane is a bigger, stronger, quicker, iron chin Marquez even at 37. I predict team Pacquiao coming up with a bogus excuse maybe the old 75/25 or 80/20 BS.

Exactly. That's why I don't want to see this fight. Shane is bigger, faster, and stronger than Manny's little ass. This isn't for legacy because history will have him beating a lesser fighter.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 05:28 PM) *
I love this dude. Did anyone see this coming? 140? Are you serious? Shane has the absolute biggest balls of them all right now. He has cornered Pac, makes Cotto look like a whiny bitch, and could possibly take Floyds big superfight. Any thoughts?

Which leaves Cotto without a dancepartner if it goes down like this... Guess he can always rematch Clottey...
Jack 1000
Kudos to Shane for doing this,

But shit, he may have to chop of a limb or something to go all the way back down to 140. Do you see stamina and dehydration issues here in training for this fight? Sure this is a level field for Manny, but for Shane, he is sure coming down a lot.

Jack
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 05:51 PM) *
Exactly. That's why I don't want to see this fight. Shane is bigger, faster, and stronger than Manny's little ass. This isn't for legacy because history will have him beating a lesser fighter.

Pac is the undisputed 140 champ, in his prime, and the #1 pfp fighter right now. How would he be looked at as a lesser fighter?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Pac is the undisputed 140 champ, in his prime, and the #1 pfp fighter right now. How would he be looked at as a lesser fighter?

You're right but Pac is a smaller man and is not the biggest test. Mosely has stated he doesn't want to fight Williams but yet he wants to fight little Manny. That's what makes me mad. Let's not use emotion and see how that looks. Why not take on Williams and then go after Floyd whom he has a chance at beating?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 06:29 PM) *

Exactly... Its different if Pac was moving up...
D-MARV
LMAO... If Shane defeats Pacquiao he will DEFINTELY move up some notches in all time greatness.
rusty_trombone
god mosley is desperate
Box in Hand
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 17 2009, 05:52 PM) *
LMAO... If Shane defeats Pacquiao he will DEFINTELY move up some notches in all time greatness.

Is everyone going mad? Pacquiao does little in terms of legacy. Think about it in terms of 100 years. In 100 years will beating up a little guy make you. The greats go up not down

1. Sugar Ray Robinson in his move to Light heavy
2. Bernard Hopkins in his move to Light heavy
3. Roy Jones in his move to heavy

Not in reverse.
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 07:07 PM) *
Is everyone going mad? Pacquiao does little in terms of legacy. Think about it in terms of 100 years. In 100 years will beating up a little guy make you. The greats go up not down

Not in reverse.

Isnt that what makes it a bit special? Fighters are always moving up and often find success. In rare occasions, fighters move up 2 weight classes and find success. Over the course of a career a fighter could move up 4,5, or even 6 weight classes. Moving up is NOT a big deal. Hardly anyone moves down and as we have seen in recent history, moving down is met with much less success... Byrd and DLH come to mind. Wouldnt this be unprecedented? Has a champion in a division EVER moved down and won a belt... and against the #1 pfp fighter no less?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Isnt that what makes it a bit special? Fighters are always moving up and often find success. In rare occasions, fighters move up 2 weight classes and find success. Over the course of a career a fighter could move up 4,5, or even 6 weight classes. Moving up is NOT a big deal. Hardly anyone moves down and as we have seen in recent history, moving down is met with much less success... Byrd and DLH come to mind. Wouldnt this be unprecedented? Has a champion in a division EVER moved down and won a belt... and against the #1 pfp fighter no less?

I see your point and I can agree with you. I guess I'm just pissed because he's not fighting who he should be. This looks like an act of desperation covered up with legacy talk and all that mumbo jumbo.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 07:26 PM) *
I see your point and I can agree with you. I guess I'm just pissed because he's not fighting who he should be. This looks like an act of desperation covered up with legacy talk and all that mumbo jumbo.

Who should Shane fight?

He's always taken on the toughest challenges. Now he's targeting the P4P best fighter in the world and you're bashing him?
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 07:26 PM) *

And I can see your point as well... you and I have come a ways since our intital ecounter. drinks.gif I am on beer #3, how bout you? Cheers my friend!
King Eugene
I see both of you guys points. Roy came back down and won is LHW title again! Thing is it could look like Shane is coming down to pick on the little guy and at the same time coming down to get out of division range for the bigger guy. Not saying thats what he is doing cause God knows I know better than that but I can see Box In Hand's point. Then again why not go for Legacy plus money instead of Legacy alone in fighting Williams. I think its a good situation for him.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 17 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Who should Shane fight?

He's always taken on the toughest challenges. Now he's targeting the P4P best fighter in the world and you're bashing him?

Paul Williams.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 06:35 PM) *
And I can see your point as well... you and I have come a ways since our intital ecounter. drinks.gif I am on beer #3, how bout you? Cheers my friend!

Yes sir, that was a misunderstanding so I apologize for that again. I haven't had a beer in 3 years (No I'm not an alcaholic). I train to fight now so no liquid gold for me. But Cheers and enjoy!
Keith
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 09:35 PM) *
Yes sir, that was a misunderstanding so I apologize for that again. I haven't had a beer in 3 years (No I'm not an alcaholic). I train to fight now so no liquid gold for me. But Cheers and enjoy!

Thats cool man. Boxing or MMA? Weight?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 17 2009, 08:37 PM) *
Thats cool man. Boxing or MMA? Weight?

MMA. I'm 168 right not but will be fighting in the 150 range.
torvix2000
LOL! Why are people forbidding Mosley to find his legacy. It is harder to go down and fight Pac. If he does it, then people of the next generation will talk about how Mosley came down in weight and beat Pacquiao.
thehype
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 07:07 PM) *

Not in reverse.

LOL

I know you think Pacquiao is overrated, but bro, he's DEFINITELY going to be remembered as a GREAT fighter. I'm not even sure if you can debate that. I'm not saying that Shane's legacy would be incomplete without fighting Pacquiao, but man, beating Pacquiao right now would be GREAT for anyone that fights him right now. It's a HUGE notch on the belt...no matter who you are.

And for the record, Bernard didn't move up in weight to fight Pavlik, Wright, Calzaghe, De La Hoya or Trinidad...he waited for all of them to move up to his weight. Hell, some of them (Calzaghe and Wright) he moved back down to a catch-weight for. In fact, truth be told, the only guy Bernard moved up for was Antonio Tarver...and if you think Pacquiao is overrated...sheeeeit....Tarver's freakin' face is next to the word "overrated" in the dictionary. Hopkins was a poor example. To tell you the truth, Roy was a poor example as well...he also fought Felix Trinidad at a catch-weight.

It's not about moving up or down in weight. Historically, there were great fighters that always fought other great fighters regardless of the weight advantage or disadvantage. Mosley's legacy as far as moving up in weight is already set.

The greats are remembered for the other great fighters they fought...simple as that.

In 100 years, Shane Mosley beating up Manny Pacquiao, considered by many to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport at the time, and capturing the jr. welterweight title 10 years after jumping from lightweight to welterweight...well...I don't know...maybe I HAVE gone mad, but I think that will be remembered as a great achievement.

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 17 2009, 09:27 PM) *
LOL

I know you think Pacquiao is overrated, but bro, he's DEFINITELY going to be remembered as a GREAT fighter. I'm not even sure if you can debate that. I'm not saying that Shane's legacy would be incomplete without fighting Pacquiao, but man, beating Pacquiao right now would be GREAT for anyone that fights him right now. It's a HUGE notch on the belt...no matter who you are.

And for the record, Bernard didn't move up in weight to fight Pavlik, Wright, Calzaghe, De La Hoya or Trinidad...he waited for all of them to move up to his weight. Hell, some of them (Calzaghe and Wright) he moved back down to a catch-weight for. In fact, truth be told, the only guy Bernard moved up for was Antonio Tarver...and if you think Pacquiao is overrated...sheeeeit....Tarver's freakin' face is next to the word "overrated" in the dictionary. Hopkins was a poor example. To tell you the truth, Roy was a poor example as well...he also fought Felix Trinidad at a catch-weight.

It's not about moving up or down in weight. Historically, there were great fighters that always fought other great fighters regardless of the weight advantage or disadvantage. Mosley's legacy as far as moving up in weight is already set.

The greats are remembered for the other great fighters they fought...simple as that.

In 100 years, Shane Mosley beating up Manny Pacquiao, considered by many to be the best pound-for-pound fighter in the sport at the time, and capturing the jr. welterweight title 10 years after jumping from lightweight to welterweight...well...I don't know...maybe I HAVE gone mad, but I think that will be remembered as a great achievement.

laugh.gif

Man that was poetic. I almost shed a tear but the tear said "Wait", I have to disagree. Hopkins did what no middleweight ever did not even the The Original P4P Sugar Ray Robinson could do and that's move up from middleweight to beat the universally recognized Lightheavy weight champ. Like it or not Tarver beat everyone they put in fron of him even if it was in a rematch (Yeah I know that's crazy). Jones moving up was pretty amazing too since it hadn't been done in a century. I say Pac is over rated because he really just recently learned how to truly box. He has holes still that a good fighter like Mosely will expose. Pac used to win on speed and a balls to the wall style. Even now, when he punches he's off balance. His defense is sketchy and he swings without looking sometimes. I'm not impressed by his wins over the walking skeleton De la Hoya and the human frankenstien Ricky Hatton. Also, he got his P4P staus by default after Mayweather left.
pcraw
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 17 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Man that was poetic. I almost shed a tear but the tear said "Wait", I have to disagree. Hopkins did what no middleweight ever did not even the The Original P4P Sugar Ray Robinson could do and that's move up from middleweight to beat the universally recognized Lightheavy weight champ. Like it or not Tarver beat everyone they put in fron of him even if it was in a rematch (Yeah I know that's crazy). Jones moving up was pretty amazing too since it hadn't been done in a century. I say Pac is over rated because he really just recently learned how to truly box. He has holes still that a good fighter like Mosely will expose. Pac used to win on speed and a balls to the wall style. Even now, when he punches he's off balance. His defense is sketchy and he swings without looking sometimes. I'm not impressed by his wins over the walking skeleton De la Hoya and the human frankenstien Ricky Hatton. Also, he got his P4P staus by default after Mayweather left.

Bro Pacman has beat everyone they have put in front of him even if it was in a rematch, so why defend Tarver for doing it and not Pacquiao? Were you impressed when Tarver loss to the walking skeleton Roy Jones in their first fight? Or maybe Tarver impressed you in his life or death fight with Elvir Murique? I didn't know the standard for being overrated was if you knew how to box or not. You must have hated Arturo Gatti then and thought he was majorly overrated. If you're telling me Pacquiao beat, Barrera twice, Morales twice, Marquez, Larios and Solis with no boxing skill and with many holes in his game I wouldn't call him overrated I would call him dangerous. I'm far from one of these Pacquiao nuthuggers bro, but give credit where credit is due. I LOVE watching Paul Williams and I have him #2 on my P4P list, but a win over Williams means far less than a win over Pacquiao. How much have you heard from Quintana after that win over Williams?
Boxingjunkie
The reason fighters move up in weight over their careers is because they cant make the lower weights anymore. If Shane can get back to 140 that is great feat in itself not to mention he would be fighting the best fighter P4P today. That is pretty impressive to me. Pacquiao has no excuse not to take this fight now. Mosley has given him the purse and weight advantage. Not sure why Shane should be fighting Williams. Nobody else wants to fight him so why bash Shane for not wanting to fight a guy who is hardly known outside the boxing community.
D-MARV
Im not sure what this cat is debating. Knocking Shane for wanting to fight Pacquiao is just about the stupidest thing I've read on this board.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (pcraw @ Jul 17 2009, 09:58 PM) *
Bro Pacman has beat everyone they have put in front of him even if it was in a rematch, so why defend Tarver for doing it and not Pacquiao? Were you impressed when Tarver loss to the walking skeleton Roy Jones in their first fight? Or maybe Tarver impressed you in his life or death fight with Elvir Murique? I didn't know the standard for being overrated was if you knew how to box or not. You must have hated Arturo Gatti then and thought he was majorly overrated. If you're telling me Pacquiao beat, Barrera twice, Morales twice, Marquez, Larios and Solis with no boxing skill and with many holes in his game I wouldn't call him overrated I would call him dangerous. I'm far from one of these Pacquiao nuthuggers bro, but give credit where credit is due. I LOVE watching Paul Williams and I have him #2 on my P4P list, but a win over Williams means far less than a win over Pacquiao. How much have you heard from Quintana after that win over Williams?

Well it looks like I am the minority in this one. Paquiao is in my humble opinion over rated. He is a crowd pleaser and is not technically savvy. He is speed and power. Arturo Gatti is from my hometown (Jersey City) and he just passed so I'll leave any comments on him out of this. Tarver was like it or not the recognized champ so that is what it is. There is no way in hell Pac can beat Mosely and that is what pisses me off. Why chase a little man when there are bigger fish to fry? I'd be more impressed if he unified his division at this late stage in his career.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:22 PM) *
Im not sure what this cat is debating. Knocking Shane for wanting to fight Pacquiao is just about the stupidest thing I've read on this board.

Not stupid, just my opinion so take it or scan over it.

Keith
What is a bit lost in all this is how smart this is on Mosley's part. He has finally figured out how to play the game. Shane has put himself in a position where he cant "lose". Worst case scenario... he gets the fight with Pac, loses, and people could still say #1 - he had the balls to do it and #2 - he wasnt at his best due to the weight. If he doesnt get the fight it makes Pac look like he is ducking him. It discredits Cotto for needing a catchweight. It may leave Mayweather hanging out to dry. This plan has BERNARD HOPKINS written all over it. Just a hunch.
JD
Shane at 140 is going to get lit up by Pacquiao...he is going to have nothing left for the fight after getting to that weight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 18 2009, 09:16 AM) *
Shane at 140 is going to get lit up by Pacquiao...he is going to have nothing left for the fight after getting to that weight.

That's alright though. We will just overlook that and still crown Manny the greatest fighter of this generation.
jlupi
Hype, I'm die hard and have always said Manny is overrated. I don't want to see that mess. Fight Paul Williams since he is the percieved "Man no one wants to fight".
>>>>>

how many times does shane need to fight the toughest style for little money? he is riding high now in the twilight of his career - I say go for the biggest fights
Keith

Maybe, maybe not. Shane fought at 135 until he was 28. He hit the weights to get to 147 and then turned into a body builder to go to 154. He stopped that to go back to 47. I am not sure, but I would guess based on his physique that he still hits the weights. If he stopped that maybe getting to 140 isnt as tough as we think. That leaves him weaker in terms of strength but maybe not in his energy level. Who knows, maybe it makes him a bit more spry in his movement. Like I said earlier, I smell Hopkins at work, and maybe Mackie Shilstone isnt far behind. Only speculating here.
Sugar Q
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 18 2009, 02:10 PM) *
Maybe, maybe not. Shane fought at 135 until he was 28. He hit the weights to get to 147 and then turned into a body builder to go to 154. He stopped that to go back to 47. I am not sure, but I would guess based on his physique that he still hits the weights. If he stopped that maybe getting to 140 isnt as tough as we think. That leaves him weaker in terms of strength but maybe not in his energy level. Who knows, maybe it makes him a bit more spry in his movement. Like I said earlier, I smell Hopkins at work, and maybe Mackie Shilstone isnt far behind. Only speculating here.

Team Shane has been plotting all along. They see Manny as highly beatable and I think their on to something just like they were with Margarito. Manny is overrated and will be exposed by a quick boxer/puncher with a great chin. Look on his record and you wont see many if any. Marquez is the best fighter Manny has fought and we all know what happened there. Shane sees an easy fight which will set up the next mega-fight "Mayweather vs Mosley" but I don't see team Pacquiao taking this fight. I will be shocked if they do.
Sugar Q

Don't sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane was within range of 140 right now. He's not coming out like this on a hunch. There's a well thought out plan behind this.
JD
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jul 18 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Don't sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane was within range of 140 right now. He's not coming out like this on a hunch. There's a well thought out plan behind this.

There may well be...but it's been 10 years since Shane has been there (135 at the time). The well thought out plan is to F Arum over...and Mosley at 140 is not the answer.

I hate this move for Shane.
provo
At 140 ! Pac wins Late by stoppage! The weight will affect shane , shane will try and brawl and get caught , pac is going to stick and move ,and counter...
I would love to see shane get his ass whooped .... lol. I can't stand pac! But I bet the pac camp is happy with what their hearing , after pac beats shane ! OMG people are going 2 be on his nuts ! LOL
Sugar Q
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 18 2009, 07:27 PM) *
There may well be...but it's been 10 years since Shane has been there (135 at the time). The well thought out plan is to F Arum over...and Mosley at 140 is not the answer.

I hate this move for Shane.

I think Nazir and Bernard have Shane off the weights which contributed to the weight. Take away the muscle from the weight training and bring in the old school techniques and Shane probably can make 140 while maintaining his power. The weight loss might even make Shane a bit quicker. He'll come in weighing his walk around weight but I'd be very surprised if Team Pac takes this fight. They don't want no part of Shane because they know what he brings to the table. Freddie has already begun to make up excuses.
JD
QUOTE (Sugar Q @ Jul 18 2009, 10:52 PM) *
I think Nazir and Bernard have Shane off the weights which contributed to the weight. Take away the muscle from the weight training and bring in the old school techniques and Shane probably can make 140 while maintaining his power. The weight loss might even make Shane a bit quicker. He'll come in weighing his walk around weight but I'd be very surprised if Team Pac takes this fight. They don't want no part of Shane because they know what he brings to the table. Freddie has already begun to make up excuses.

He got off the weights to get to 147 from 154. Remember his first fight back at welter against David Estrada? He did not look good, and that's when he was 33. The up and down in weight in the worst thing for a fighter.

At his age, getting all the way back down to 140 is going to be a serious task. I don't see how we can expect it to be a non-factor, or even a good thing. I think Shane is going to leave it all in camp if he fights at junior welter.
mrwigi
This is crazy... Mosley at 140..... I thinks its a disastrous move on mosely's part... but, dont count out shane mosley... Still... at 147 its Shane's fight easily.... I cant see mosley being the same fighter at 140lbs.
D-MARV
Luckily for Shane, Pacquiao still wont fight him.
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 19 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Luckily for Shane, Pacquiao still wont fight him.

If thats the case, doesnt that tell you something about Shane at 140?
D-MARV
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 19 2009, 12:07 PM) *
If thats the case, doesnt that tell you something about Shane at 140?

Not really. It tells us that Bob Arum is a bitch which I already know.
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 19 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Not really. It tells us that Bob Arum is a bitch which I already know.

Ya man, Bob is a bitch. Shane at 140 could be horrible. I would love to see it though. You have to be willing to take chances to go down as a great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.