Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd Fluff Piece on Floyd in the WSJ Online of all Places
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
I don't know if this article is restricted (I'm a subscriber), but I thought it was interesting that the Wall Street Journal would do an article on Floyd and his new Vegas spread. Among other factoids about his house, it has plenty of room for his 600 pairs of shoes.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...icle-outset-box

D-MARV
Pretty nice pad for somebody who suppose to be broke.
STEVENSKI
Hope he loses it & ends up back in Grand Rapids smoking meth in a one room tenement.
Box in Hand
As a black man, I will never hate on another black man's money. That house is amazing, now if he could only humble himself a bit.
torvix2000
Hope that house ends up like Mike Tyson's mansion.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 20 2009, 04:18 AM) *
And if it's a white man? You will hate on his money? lol.

Fo shizzle suck my rissole!
Keith
PBF's mansions are his fucking money problem. He cant pay the upkeep cost on them, or the taxes. Nothing he owns is liquid. The IRS does not make mistakes. If they say you owe 6 million... theres a 95% chance you owe 6 million. PBF has no liquid assets or he would of squared up with them by now to avoid having this mess go public. They dont just show up one day and say you owe 6 million, he had heard from them prior to this going public.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 19 2009, 11:18 PM) *
And if it's a white man? You will hate on his money? lol.

I was just waiting on that one. Whooosssh, that went over your head.
jp
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 20 2009, 08:43 AM) *
PBF's mansions are his fucking money problem. He cant pay the upkeep cost on them, or the taxes. Nothing he owns is liquid. The IRS does not make mistakes. If they say you owe 6 million... theres a 95% chance you owe 6 million. PBF has no liquid assets or he would of squared up with them by now to avoid having this mess go public. They dont just show up one day and say you owe 6 million, he had heard from them prior to this going public.

100% incorrect. If you ever recieve a bill from the IRS you should never ever just pay the amount in question under the assumption that "The IRS does not make mistakes, if they say you owe something.....there's a 95% chance you owe that amount."

I was just recently audited for my 2007 tax return and recieved a bill from the IRS for $4,000. Took it to my CPA for review and I only ended up owing $1,300.

People like you or I don't have any idea what kind of liquid assests Floyd has access to. You assume that someone who made $50,000,000 in 2007 has "fucking money problems, and can't afford to pay his mortgage/taxes/gardener" etc. One thing that I would be willing to wager my life on is the fact that if you had a chance to trade financial positions with Floyd tomorrow you would do it in a hearbeat.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 20 2009, 09:41 AM) *
I was just waiting on that one. Whooosssh, that went over your head.

LOL.
Keith
QUOTE (jp @ Jul 20 2009, 06:32 PM) *
100% incorrect. If you ever recieve a bill from the IRS you should never ever just pay the amount in question under the assumption that "The IRS does not make mistakes, if they say you owe something.....there's a 95% chance you owe that amount."

I was just recently audited for my 2007 tax return and recieved a bill from the IRS for $4,000. Took it to my CPA for review and I only ended up owing $1,300.

People like you or I don't have any idea what kind of liquid assests Floyd has access to. You assume that someone who made $50,000,000 in 2007 has "fucking money problems, and can't afford to pay his mortgage/taxes/gardener" etc. One thing that I would be willing to wager my life on is the fact that if you had a chance to trade financial positions with Floyd tomorrow you would do it in a hearbeat.

I never said anywhere in my post that an individual should just pay the amount and was not allowed to go through all legal recourse to acquire the correct sum. And just because your amount was reduced doesnt mean that happens to everyone. There is also a HUGE DIFFERENCE between a regular joe who owes 4 grand and the 6 million PBF supposedly owes. When the IRS is talking about millions, they have there ducks in a row and if you think otherwise your a fool. Just ask Wesley Snipes, Red Fox, Yolanda Adams, Foxy Brown, Willy Nelson, Richard Hatch, Joe Francis, Judy Garland, OJ Simpson, Damon Dash, Dionne Warwick, Marc Anthony, Nicolas CAge, Martha Stewart, Don King, Heidi Fleiss, Sophia Loren, Richard Pryor, etc. etc. etc. The IRS has a hard on for celebrities and they almost always win. Maybe the amount winds up being less, but it will still be a very large amount of cash, and that was my point.

As for me wanting to change places with PBF finacial situation... yes I would love to have the ability to make 20 million a fight, but no I would not want to get a letter in the mail saying I owed 6 mil. I have no idea what liquid assest he has, but I can specualte that this tax bill corresponding with his return to the ring is no mere coincidence.
King Eugene
Mayweather do ya thing! You cant please or make everybody like you!
happygocampy
Well if he does need $$$ I hope he gets out before he ends up taking too many beatings and saves enough to live off of. How many successful Boxers have actually done that? You never hear about them, you always hear about the ones with money troubles...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.