Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley Vs Cintron???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
Ok so I was reading on Kermit vs Shane .and was wondering what everyone thinks about this if this fight can happen ! I think it might be a pretty good fight ...
BGv2.0
I think Shane is WAY too big of a step up for Cintron at the moment.

I think Kermit displayed excellent ability and grit in his last fight....but he still looks a little frigile mentally to me.

I think Shane dominates from the start and ends it late via TKO.
rusty_trombone
This fight can lick my nuts
The CEO
Credit to Cintron for trying to not be a pussy.

Maybe we'll leave him alone someday.................. nea.gif

laugh.gif
iron_mike
Kermit sucks....Honestly, I never saw him fight til Margarito I....so I saw undefeated, only 2 wins by decision, I'm thinking wow, this guy is tough, has punching power, etc. but every fight after that, he looks like an amateur...low blow, butt, he turns his head and complains to the ref in the middle of the fight, like Sharkey did and then Dempsey WHAM! Also, similar to 1st rd of Floyd Gatti (R.I.P) when Gatti thought the ref was gonna break it up for Floyd holding and hitting on the break, then dropped him with the left hook...I can't stand Cintron, and after that disgusting crybaby performance where he was counted out, yet somehow pulled a draw, I hope there's a 3rd Marg fight with Marg having cement blocks in his gloves
The Original MrFactor
Cintron SD12... Cintron can box, move and fight looong. He will use his reach advantage to keep Mosley away. Could look very much like Mosley, Forest. Cintron wins and makes up for the Margarito losses.
Big Slim Sweet
Mosley's body attack would make Cintron quit.
iron_mike
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jul 22 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Mosley's body attack would make Cintron quit.

And the tears shall flow again taunt.gif
mrwigi
Good Night Kermit!
thefloatingmonkey
Cintron is going to be retired.
caneman
Citron is damaged goods & with that in his mind, Shame stop him in 6 rounds! / thread
Fitz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 23 2009, 04:30 AM) *
Credit to Cintron for trying to not be a pussy.

Maybe we'll leave him alone someday.................. nea.gif

laugh.gif

Haha

QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 23 2009, 04:31 AM) *
Kermit sucks....Honestly, I never saw him fight til Margarito I....so I saw undefeated, only 2 wins by decision, I'm thinking wow, this guy is tough, has punching power, etc. but every fight after that, he looks like an amateur...low blow, butt, he turns his head and complains to the ref in the middle of the fight, like Sharkey did and then Dempsey WHAM! Also, similar to 1st rd of Floyd Gatti (R.I.P) when Gatti thought the ref was gonna break it up for Floyd holding and hitting on the break, then dropped him with the left hook...I can't stand Cintron, and after that disgusting crybaby performance where he was counted out, yet somehow pulled a draw, I hope there's a 3rd Marg fight with Marg having cement blocks in his gloves

Well said. Cintron sucks.
King Eugene
Cintron vs. Spinks! thumbsup_anim.gif

His only shot at another title! He loses to everybody else!
JLUVBABY
i think kermit could be a dangerous fight for mosley... he CAN box if he sets his mind and he has a very solid punch... he likes to cry as well but i thought angulo was gonna get rid of him and he didnt... i still dont like kermit but i give credit where its due and i think he gives mosley problems...
Keith
If your going to beat Mosley... you have to be tough. Mosley forces you to fight for 12 rounds. Cintron is not capable of handling that and he will cave under the pressure.
D-MARV
I think Shane stops her within 10.
PUERTOROCKS
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 23 2009, 08:46 AM) *
If your going to beat Mosley... you have to be tough. Mosley forces you to fight for 12 rounds. Cintron is not capable of handling that and he will cave under the pressure.

Agreed!!
The Original MrFactor
Cintron apparently will never shake the "crying" thing. However, if you look at his history, he does have a decent resume. He beat Mark Suarez, a guy no one wanted to fight at WW due to his size. Fought Margarito twice(and lost), but he was giving as well as he got, until those body shots destroyed him. He beat Walter matthyse, by KO in the 2nd round. It took Paul Williams about 10 to do that. He stopped David Estarda, a rugged contender who gave Mosley hell. He beat Angulo who was really starting to pick up steam at 154.

Cintron is no slouch. I think if he uses his jab and boxes, he'll beat Mosley. Dont let Mosley/Margarito fool you. Mosley still has many of the same liabilities. He's suceptible to a jab and straight right, things that arent used much in the Margarito arsenal. Cintron will use them, along with footwork to outhustle Mosley. That will burst the Mosley balloon. He's not going to walk Cintron down the way he did Vargas and Mayorga. Cintron will be jabbing and throwing the right while on his bike for much of the fight. At 37, Mosley wants stationary targets. Cintron is a bad matchup for him.
Keith
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Cintron apparently will never shake the "crying" thing. However, if you look at his history, he does have a decent resume. He beat Mark Suarez, a guy no one wanted to fight at WW due to his size. Fought Margarito twice(and lost), but he was giving as well as he got, until those body shots destroyed him. He beat Walter matthyse, by KO in the 2nd round. It took Paul Williams about 10 to do that. He stopped David Estarda, a rugged contender who gave Mosley hell. He beat Angulo who was really starting to pick up steam at 154.

Cintron is no slouch. I think if he uses his jab and boxes, he'll beat Mosley. Dont let Mosley/Margarito fool you. Mosley still has many of the same liabilities. He's suceptible to a jab and straight right, things that arent used much in the Margarito arsenal. Cintron will use them, along with footwork to outhustle Mosley. That will burst the Mosley balloon. He's not going to walk Cintron down the way he did Vargas and Mayorga. Cintron will be jabbing and throwing the right while on his bike for much of the fight. At 37, Mosley wants stationary targets. Cintron is a bad matchup for him.

Until he gets tired... or gets hit with a few nice shots in return. I dont believe at any point in either Margarito fight that Cintron was giving as good as he was getting. He punches never slowed down Margs, and Margs punches clearly were hurting Cintron.
D-MARV

PWill ruined Matthyse. Since the Pwill fight, Matthyse was KO'd 4 times. Cintron went life and Death with Estrada and I believe broke down crying at the end because he bruised his hand. He then used that excuse not to fight PWill. Angulo had the flu when they fought and it was still pretty close. I give Cintron credit for rematching Margarito. But he gets abused by Shane
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Cintron put on a really good performance last May, but Angulo was starting to come on late in that fight. He had Cintron hurt late in that fight, and gave him a hard time. Cintron has a hard time with pressure fighters who can attack the body. Mosley isn't a runner, and he will put the pressure on Cintron, being in his face all night. Cintron will have success early with a long jab and he'll be winning the fight after six rounds. He has the skills to give Mosley problems no doubt about that. However, he's not like Wright and Forrest. Those guys didn't wilt under pressure. Mosley won't slow down and he definitely won't stop. We know Cintron will slow down, and Mosley will capitalize. I like Mosley to stop Cintron in 10 after breaking Cintron down round after round.
Col Reb
I think Cintron's style gives Mosley trouble. If I were Mosley, I'd pick on Berto instead while biding time waiting for PBF or Pac.
Vodoo

Wow this is a serious positive spin on Cintron's life. Who is Matthyse again? How many times has he been KO'd since the Cintron fight? Also, don't get confused, Mosley dominated Estrada whereas Cintron went life and death with him and merely outlasted the guy. People think that since Shane didn't fight like his usual aggressive self against Estrada that he somehow had trouble with him. That was Shane's trainer John David Jackson's plan, to make Shane a more defensive fighter, and he looked pretty damn good in that fight.

I love how people think any boxer can excute the same game plan some other guy did, but it doesn't work that way. You can't think because Cintron has a similar build to Forrest that he's going to beat Shane. Go rewatch how fast and hard those shots Forrest was throwing in that fight were and tell me if you think there was anyway Shane was going to win that night. Cintron is a soft pussy and reacts to everybody shot that hits him. Shane is one of the toughest most durable fighters in the game today. Anyone who thinks Cintron can win just because he can throw a jab doesn't know much about boxing. Also Shane has the perfect trainer for him, a guy who will actually come up with a game plan, not that he'd need one. Hell Shane could save himself money by just getting Jack to train him and having his sons work his corner for free.
singletrack
Cintron can't handle the pressure, but he does have 1-punch KO ability. Unless he gets lucky, I see Mosley wearing him down and stopping him late (9th rnd+). Cintron can't take a vicious body attack and that is exactly what Mosley will focus on. Even if this did somehow become a war, I would have to favor Mosley - he's just so much stronger mentally than Cintron.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.