Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Pac knock Cotto out?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5303.html

I don't think he can knock him out clean like he did Hatton....ref stoppage after a barrage of punches if anything....
The Original MrFactor
By accumulation. I dont see him KO'ing Cotto with one punch ala Hatton. If it was to happen, it would be by a flurry of punches.

I dont think we'll have to worry too much about it though. Cotto will be able to bang Manny's body and stop him in about 5 or 6 rounds.
The CEO
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 22 2009, 03:03 PM) *
By accumulation. I dont see him KO'ing Cotto with one punch ala Hatton. If it was to happen, it would be by a flurry of punches.

I dont think we'll have to worry too much about it though. Cotto will be able to bang Manny's body and stop him in about 5 or 6 rounds.

laugh.gif...yeah...I'm not worried....I don't see Manny putting Miguel to sleep at all....truly knocking him unconscious.

Cotto ain't gonna serve his chin up on a platter like Hatton did....

I can see Cotto turnin' Packy's lights out with a punch or 3 though.......
Big Slim Sweet
I don't expect either man to put the other one to sleep. I do expect to see Pacquaio stop Cotto inside the distance however.
Spyder
Yep. That little Pinoy can crack!
The CEO
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Jul 22 2009, 03:18 PM) *
I don't expect either man to put the other one to sleep. I do expect to see Pacquaio stop Cotto inside the distance however.

That's what I'm sayin' in this poll...hope other people know the difference here....yes...Cotto could possibly lose by stoppage or TKO....but I don't see him getting knocked clean out or not makin' a 10 count.

It was pretty impressive how he didn't black out from those wrecking balls Margarito was landing come to think of it...
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 22 2009, 03:23 PM) *
Yep. That little Pinoy can crack!

I'm beginning to think you like Lil' Packy....laugh.gif

I do too...I like him and respect him....and I'll say it right now....if he were to knock Cotto OUT or dominate him, he would clearly be The Fighter of The Decade.
iron_mike
I voted yes, but now that I think about it...If BIG Marg just made him quit, TKO, ESPECIALLY with loaded gloves perhaps, I think if Manny does win by KO, it would be stoppage, not a flat out clean stiff as a board, no count necessary KO like vs Ricky Flattened. Would be great to see a clean KO, tho I am by no means a Cotto hater. I like both guys, I like Cotto's quiet, non abrasive demeanor, ut I am 100x more a Pac fan.
kidbazooka1
To be a little different i'll go out on a limb and say that i think Pac could put Cotto to sleep with one shot but so could Cotto.

As for who will win i think it's 50/50.
D-MARV
Cotto ain't catching Cotto like he caught Hatton. Pacquiao wins on cuts.
True-Boxing-Fan
Of course PacMan has the ability to put Cotto to sleep. If he landed that same punch he hit Hatton with, Cotto is taking a nap. IMO Cotto is a smarter fighter than Hatton so chances are not as great, but it wouldnt surprise me if he did put Cotto to sleep. But IMO I think he'll just stop(TKO) Cotto with a barrage of punches.
thehype
Yep! Cotto's been buzzed by smaller men before and quite frankly, I think Pacquiao hits harder than DeMarcus Corley and Ricardo Torres.

Pacquiao KO10

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Although I do think a ref stoppage is more likely. LOL.

Either way, put your money on Pacquiao. If Freddie Roach is already sounding this confident, then you can take that to the bank.
caneman
Indeed he can & I believe he will & this is why....Cotto will go to the ropes, get caught & say I need to stay off the ropes & go there again & it's what will lose him the fight unless he comes in @ 155-160 & will still need to stay off the ropes & Cotto is the new J.Taylor! Who wants to bet?????
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 22 2009, 06:35 PM) *
Yep! Cotto's been buzzed by smaller men before and quite frankly, I think Pacquiao hits harder than DeMarcus Corley and Ricardo Torres.

Pacquiao KO10

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Although I do think a ref stoppage is more likely. LOL.

Either way, put your money on Pacquiao. If Freddie Roach is already sounding this confident, then you can take that to the bank.

Pacquiao has been buzzed by smaller men as well. Cotto hits harder than MAB and JMM. Cotto has also stood toe to toe with bigger harder hitting men and weathered the storm. Cant say the same for Pac. It will be interesting to see how Pac takes body shots. I think they will slow him down and he'll be very ordinary by the 5th or 6th round.
Fitz
I agree with C.E.O. I think Manny can stop him with an accumulation and forcing a stoppage, but can't really imagine a clean KO at this stage.
The CEO
QUOTE (caneman)
Indeed he can & I believe he will & this is why....Cotto will go to the ropes, get caught & say I need to stay off the ropes & go there again & it's what will lose him the fight unless he comes in @ 155-160 & will still need to stay off the ropes & Cotto is the new J.Taylor! Who wants to bet?????

I'll bet you that Pac don't KO Cotto like I'm talkin' about, cane....

Man...another lopsided poll from yours truly...lol...looks like I'm gonna have to do yet another Significant Bump...
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 22 2009, 07:18 PM) *
I agree with C.E.O. I think Manny can stop him with an accumulation and forcing a stoppage, but can't really imagine a clean KO at this stage.

Ohhhh shit....Fitz agrees with me on this one....that means something......Pac is NOT knocking Cotto OUT.
Fitz
Nah man. Valero as well. But we are just waiting until his train starts going at full speed, at the moment it's just starting, so it's not worth the trouble right now. But when it does, we will be ready to shut people down laugh.gif
The CEO
Yeah...we got Valero and something else...can't think what it is...
torvix2000
The first punch that knocked down Hatton was an ordinary average-powered punch. But it was delivered when Pac wasn't even "prepared" to throw it. Those type of punches will hurt Cotto especially since he gets hit a lot now and he's gonna face one of the weirdest styles in boxing.
provo
Pac wins this in 7 by stoppage ,he will be 2 much for cotto , a bloody cotto will see come november and the ref will stop it! I don't believe manny can drop cotto like he did hatton !
I would love 2 see Cotto win. But IMO it won't happen.
STEVENSKI
What people seem to forget is that Margarito slow & Cotto had years to avoid his punches & still could not. Pac is fast a lightning & it is teh punch you don't see that knocks you out.

I will go on recoed & say I expect Pac to win & win by impressive stoppage. It may not be a 1 punch KO though.
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 22 2009, 03:39 PM) *
I'm beginning to think you like Lil' Packy....laugh.gif

I do too...I like him and respect him....and I'll say it right now....if he were to knock Cotto OUT or dominate him, he would clearly be The Fighter of The Decade.

Of course I like him. Any man that comes to fight like he does, and take on bigger challenges will always get my support. lol

But, I don't see a difference between a KO, TKO, or a ref/corner stoppage...all of the above are pwnings. I think I'd favor the latter versions in this fight, but I wouldn't think of any of them as being better than the next.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 22 2009, 09:30 PM) *
What people seem to forget is that Margarito slow & Cotto had years to avoid his punches & still could not. Pac is fast a lightning & it is teh punch you don't see that knocks you out.

I will go on recoed & say I expect Pac to win & win by impressive stoppage. It may not be a 1 punch KO though.

It took 10 rounds for Margarito to stop Cotto. He is a much bigger man with a much bigger punch. What about when Cotto hits Pac?? I never see anyone's response to that. Its not like Cotto isnt gonna hit him... Pac getting hit to the body by a prime, banging WW will be a new feeling for Pac. Pac will look like Carlos Quintanna and fold once he gets hit to the body a few times. Cotto has been hit harder by bigger guys. Pac wont bring anything new to the table. He will fold within about 6.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 22 2009, 10:12 PM) *
It took 10 rounds for Margarito to stop Cotto. He is a much bigger man with a much bigger punch. What about when Cotto hits Pac?? I never see anyone's response to that. Its not like Cotto isnt gonna hit him... Pac getting hit to the body by a prime, banging WW will be a new feeling for Pac. Pac will look like Carlos Quintanna and fold once he gets hit to the body a few times. Cotto has been hit harder by bigger guys. Pac wont bring anything new to the table. He will fold within about 6.

great question... last time i asked bout what happens when pac starts getting hit back has never been answered so i left it alone a while ago.. we should find out in this fight.... IF pac wins this fight i will give him all the credit in the world...
STEVENSKI
I am more concerned with when I will learn to type correctly right now.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 22 2009, 11:22 PM) *
great question... last time i asked bout what happens when pac starts getting hit back has never been answered so i left it alone a while ago.. we should find out in this fight.... IF pac wins this fight i will give him all the credit in the world...

I would lobby for Pac to get into the superMW tourney... In all seriousness, beating Cotto would be HUGE for Pac. Especially at the potential negotiating table with Mayweather.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 04:35 AM) *
I would lobby for Pac to get into the superMW tourney... In all seriousness, beating Cotto would be HUGE for Pac. Especially at the potential negotiating table with Mayweather.

There would be no need for negotiation. Simply look at the #'s from their last PPV fights when they are the A side & it will quickly establish who is worth more.
Keith
Nope. I hear a lot of crap about Cotto's chin. If you really look at his welter chin, its pretty solid... Zab hit him with some early bombs and he never saw the canvas, He walked through Mosley's right hand and left hook, Margarito had to wear him down with an insane volume of punches, Clottey never had him in danger of hitting the canvas. All of those opponents have respectable power, and Mosley in particular is clearly a bigger puncher then Pac.
PUERTOROCKS
I think Pac is way overrated at WW. He should not be fighting there! Cotto has a problem with big fighters, he is going to re-arrange Pacs face. No way Pac hits harder than Shane and Zab! Pac is fast as hell but Cotto knows how to deal with speed, Cotto ko 6th.
streetlion1
I just dont see Pacman stopping Cotto. Lets get real here! Pacman would be the one to be stopped if anything. This is no lame duck defensless Ricky Hatton and it is no O-DLH its a top of the line fighter who has shown what kind of beating he can take in the ring. Pacs speed will cause some problems and he will have his moments but I dont see Pacman controlling the fight by any means. I see Cotto jabbing while walkin him down with body shots.

Cotto W U.D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.