Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto +180, Pacquiao -220
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Now I am very confident in my pick of Pacquiao, but seeing these odds was a bit of a surprise. Seems a bit wide for an opening line...thoughts?
caneman
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 22 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Now I am very confident in my pick of Pacquiao, but seeing these odds was a bit of a surprise. Seems a bit wide for an opening line...thoughts?

Well bet Cotto than & when he hits the ropes & gets KTFO say dam I know that was a response I should have backed off of! lol!
The CEO
Not surpising to me really....I can see Cotto being a 2 to 1 dog OR MORE come closing time....the gambling Pinoys will make sure of that...

IF I bet on this one (which I probably won't because I'm only 65% confident), I will bet on Cotto and The Under....
D-MARV
I'm surprised Cotto is +180. He should be bigger underdog then that.
salvador
I like Pac by decision, but Cotto did just go 12 close rounds with Clottey - and I'd pick Clottey over Pac all day all night.

If Cotto lands some body shots early, or if Cotto uses his jab early and often, it would be really easy for me to see Pac getting ko'd.

I think these odds are a bit skewed and that Cotto is probably the smart money bet.
iron_mike
QUOTE (salvador @ Jul 23 2009, 08:39 AM) *
I like Pac by decision, but Cotto did just go 12 close rounds with Clottey - and I'd pick Clottey over Pac all day all night.

If Cotto lands some body shots early, or if Cotto uses his jab early and often, it would be really easy for me to see Pac getting ko'd.

I think these odds are a bit skewed and that Cotto is probably the smart money bet.

That line will change, but I like it so far...was leaning towards Cotto, but I think Pac has this one....Clottey over Pac?? Forget cathweights, minus a lb or 2, I think Clottry doesn't do enough...I could see him Winky Wrighting all night, but Pac eventually will land that straight left through his guard, and now Pac has very good right hook and uppercut..he pulled a classic Tyson vs...Diaz?? I forget, ripped a right to the body then upstairs with the uppercut. Even Lampley or Merchant or someone said 'Manny been watching old Tyson fights?
salvador
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 23 2009, 08:44 AM) *
That line will change, but I like it so far...was leaning towards Cotto, but I think Pac has this one....Clottey over Pac?? Forget cathweights, minus a lb or 2, I think Clottry doesn't do enough...I could see him Winky Wrighting all night, but Pac eventually will land that straight left through his guard, and now Pac has very good right hook and uppercut..he pulled a classic Tyson vs...Diaz?? I forget, ripped a right to the body then upstairs with the uppercut. Even Lampley or Merchant or someone said 'Manny been watching old Tyson fights?

Clottey's way way too big for Pac. Pac has absolutely no chance of hurting him and Clottey throws short quick heavy counters that would drain Pac early.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.