Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone got the new Ring?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iron_mike
The article I read on Cotto, plus there's a top 10 opponents for Pac to be even greater....all this is leaning me to sway my opinion on the upcoming fight. Yes Cotto is a genuine, bonafide WW, but was really unimpressed with the Clottey performance...if Pac can maintain his power (the speed I'm positive will still be there) and withstand Cotto's body shots, then I look for a Pac stoppage. Pac doesn't gas, and Cotto after 8 rds of non stop Pac fury, he might start wilting late
The CEO
Oh maaannnnn....you lettin' the The Ring sway you?....lol

Don't pay attention to them, bro....

iron_mike
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 23 2009, 09:52 AM) *
Oh maaannnnn....you lettin' the The Ring sway you?....lol

Don't pay attention to them, bro....

Not swaying, but it's building my confidence...
The CEO
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 23 2009, 10:16 AM) *
Not swaying, but it's building my confidence...

Don't know why....they're a fucking joke for the most part...especially since GBP acquired them....

They don't even occur to me until they're brought up....
iron_mike
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 23 2009, 10:28 AM) *
Don't know why....they're a fucking joke for the most part...especially since GBP acquired them....

They don't even occur to me until they're brought up....

Maybe so, but I didn't even finish reading it, but the 1st few pages....have it right here at work... Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefersaid from the get go if if the promotion arm of GBP influences rankings or editorial decisions, it would become a cmpany newsletter. If Don King owned the magazine, he would bend articles, rankings everything his way. In fact I've been harder on Oscar because of our indirect connection...

All that could be meaningless babble, but I buy every issue, even that stupid British boxing mag...but I refuse to buy Boxing Illustrated anymore, unless it's a dollar. U get 2 articles, the last page is in Spanish, you get ugly ring card girl pics, and that's about it
Jack 1000
If Don King owned the magazine, he would bend articles, rankings everything his way. In fact I've been harder on Oscar because of our indirect connection...

That's exactly what happened in the mid 1970's. Don bribed several of Ring's writers to get top ratings for his fighters. At the time this was during King's elimination tournament series on ABC Wide World of Sports, which featured King's fighters against a bunch of journeymen opponents. The fighters King has were protected from real competition to get high ratings from Ring. (At that time, people still respected Ring for ratings until King got in there and fucked things up.)

Things went according to plan until Scott Ledoux appeared to get a convincing decision over Johnny Boudreaux in 1977 as part of King's tournament on ABC Wide Word of Sports. Somehow the judges gave a unanimous decision to Boudreaux. Ledeoux filed suit, which prompted a grand jury investigation leading to the cancellation of the series as King's tournament was "exposed." ABC pulled the plug on all future telecasts.

Jack
JLUVBABY
when i first learned of oscar buying into the ring i thought about biased readings and ratings... even if its not you cant help but not question some one who does question the biasness of the mag... just look at oscars fight cards since he has been promoting.. he has had a few very questionable decisions... he learned well from bob arum... at least king made options on the other fighter and if the other guy wone he might have walked in the ring with his original fighter but he left with the other guy....lol..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.