Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Manuel Marquez!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
provo
Ok so the fight between PBF vs JMM is coming ! And by the way it sounds Marquez has a lot of confidence in himself that he can win..

"I know where he's been hurt and I'm going for it," said Marquez.
"He is vulnerable now and I will take advantage of his weakness with a body attack that emphasizes two things-the right and the left."

Does anyone think he can win ??? Seriously
Cause I don't see him doing shit but taking a ass whooping! LOL
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 23 2009, 11:52 PM) *
"He is vulnerable now and I will take advantage of his weakness with a body attack that emphasizes two things-the right and the left."

I just hope he beats PBF. Very small chance but there is that chance. How sweet would it be if he did, took Floyd out of the picture & set up a 3rd fight with Pac at the same time.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 23 2009, 06:52 PM) *
Ok so the fight between PBF vs JMM is coming ! And by the way it sounds Marquez has a lot of confidence in himself that he can win..

Does anyone think he can win ??? Seriously
Cause I don't see him doing shit but taking a ass whooping! LOL

I'm the only one I know of who is picking Marquez. I think Marquez is a precise puncher with great skill in his own right. I keep seeing people compare this to Mayweather/Gatti. Not remotely close. I dont take anything away from Money for picking Marquez, but I'd still rather he fought a real 147pounder like Mosely or Cotto. I think this fight is going to be razor thin, because Marquez is so good. This will be the fight that makes him a bigger legend than Morales or Barrera. he will be treading on JCC's territory if/when he wins this. Mayweathers mouth talked him out of getting close rounds in this. Judges arent supposed to be biased, but they are human. If its close its Marquez' fight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 23 2009, 07:09 PM) *
I just hope he beats PBF. Very small chance but there is that chance. How sweet would it be if he did, took Floyd out of the picture & set up a 3rd fight with Pac at the same time.

Pac wont be available for a while after the Cotto fight. Cotto is gonna put some hurt on him. The rematch between Mayweather and Marquez will be pretty big though...
provo
A rematch? Wow !
I hope its a good fight I like marquez he's a good fighter !
But I don't see him doing anything but taking a ass whoopin, I think floyd is coming back to prove something and to do that would be dominate marquez because Pac couldn't ! So if floyd destroys JMM like gatti ,floyd is going to use that to say " I destroyed JMM ,pac couldn't he lost twice!
And as far as the cotto vs pac ! I hope your right I would love to see cotto take pacs body out and pound the shit out of him , but I think pac is going 2 kick his ass ! LOL
The CEO
Marquez is gonna surprise a lot of people in this one....he'll make a fight of it and be praised for his performance...

He's just up against it though....he's too old...had too many battles...and is straight up not as great as his opponent.

Mayweather's reach advantage will win him the fight.....by either late TKO or 8-4 in rounds.
D-MARV
I saw some pics of Marquez and dude looks "Jacked". He is definitely filling in.
provo
I saw some pics to ,marquez has gained weight! Didn't look like muscle lol especially around the stomach lol, drinking that tecate to gain weight LOL..
I just think floyd is going for the knockout in this one ! I thing floyd has great offense IF he decides to use it! Which he don't , he's a defensive fighter who just wants to prove your not in his league..
D-MARV
provo
WHOA! Damn DMARV I didn't see that pic LOL, now that's muscle LOL ,he looks ready like he's out to prove something!
But I still don't see him beating Pretty boy Floyd!

Sorry guys im just in a hating mood LOL im drinking a cold one and its my Birthday im going to vegas for this fight ..LOL..
The Original MrFactor
Marquez is beter than DLH, Hatton, Gatti, Baldomir and Judah. This is the BEST opponent Floyd has faced in years, even with the size disparity.
Fitz
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 24 2009, 10:07 AM) *
Marquez is beter than DLH, Hatton, Gatti, Baldomir and Judah. This is the BEST opponent Floyd has faced in years, even with the size disparity.

I think he is better, but with the size disparity, he won't possess a tougher fight than DLH or Judah. He should provide a tougher fight than Gatti and Baldomir and Hatton I'm not sure about. But for sure he won't put up a better fight than DLH or Judah. Marquez is getting stopped in this one.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 08:12 PM) *
I think he is better, but with the size disparity, he won't possess a tougher fight than DLH or Judah. He should provide a tougher fight than Gatti and Baldomir and Hatton I'm not sure about. But for sure he won't put up a better fight than DLH or Judah. Marquez is getting stopped in this one.

WHAT FUCKING SIZE DISPARITY? Floyd isnt that much bigger.
Fitz
Marquez's back looks muscular, but we can't see him from front on. He does look like his gut is coming out a little bit in that picture, but judging on someone's back is hard. Most fighters back should look reasonable anyway with all the training they have done throughout their career. Not really a part of your body where you will just gain fat unless you are literally not doing anything. I think even in the Diaz fight, Marquez wasn't fat or anything, but it seemed like he didn't fill out with complete muscle as he has in the lower weights. I still think Mayweather will stop him in impressive fashion.
provo
I agree with Fitz , marquez will get stopped in this one !
Mayweather is out to prove that he's the best and better than Pac ! He's going to knock out JMM in 8-10 rounds!
Marquez is talking about mayweathers weakness ! WHAT WEAKNESS???,
Tryin to put pressure on floyd LOL, THat don't work THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS lol....
The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 07:32 PM) *
I saw some pics of Marquez and dude looks "Jacked". He is definitely filling in.

It's more favorable for an older fighter to fill out than it is to cut weight...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 08:31 PM) *
Who was stronger in Mayweather-Hatton? They looked about the same size, but one guy had a more natural size and strength. What about Cotto-Mosley? Roughly the same size, who was stronger?
You do realize with weight divisions, just about every fighter (not all) are the same size, that's what weight divisions are for. Doesn't mean size/strength advantage doesn't exist. Do you just look at the body size, height, reach and if nobody seems to have an advantage, you assume that they are both physically the same in strength? Haha. If that was the case, I bet you thought that Tyson didn't have a strength advantage over anybody he fought.

I totally understand the concept of being naturally bigger and stronger. Floyd has the edge in that aspect but certainly not as big as you make it seem. If Floyd wins this fight it will have everything to do with his advantage in overall skill. You talk as if the only reason Floyd wins this fight is because he is "naturally" the stronger guy therefore it's a B.S matchup.

D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 23 2009, 08:38 PM) *
It's more favorable for an older fighter to fill out than it is to cut weight...

Yep.

BUt JMM is a "natural" 126lber so Floyd is a bitch for picking on him. LOL
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 08:16 PM) *

yeah man, I'm pretty sure Floyd is significantly bigger, and certainly stronger, than Marquez.
Spyder
I hope Marquez can make a fight out of it.

It would really suck if Floyd just rolls over him.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 08:16 PM) *

Yeah, just like there's no size disparity between Paul Williams and David Haye... Funny, you almost had me there... Marquez is a guy coming up from 130-135, Mayweather has been settled in at 147. His last 2 fights were at 147 and 154, so I think its safe to say that Mayweather is the bigger guy.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 08:49 PM) *
Like I said, I think he just looks at height and reach advantage, and how much they weigh and assume they are equal.

You're fucking clueless! We'll see come fight night. Floyd has the size advantage but it's not as significant as you assume. Floyd wins this fight based on skill. Not because he's the "Naturally" bigger man.
The CEO
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Yep.

BUt JMM is a "natural" 126lber so Floyd is a bitch for picking on him. LOL

lol...I know....

I think Junior Welter is perfect for Marquez at this point in his career....as perfect as it is for his nemesis, The Pacquiao.....both of them are pretty much biting off more than they can chew...they're up against the wrong guys to fuck with in the mid 140s....
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 08:52 PM) *
You're fucking clueless! We'll see come fight night. Floyd has the size advantage but it's not as significant as you assume. Floyd wins this fight based on skill. Not because he's the "Naturally" bigger man.

Dude, the x-factor is the size in the fight. Floyd knows this, otherwise he would have chosen Mosley. Floyd is a great boxer, so is Marquez. I think their ring IQ's are probably the great equalizer. And I'll go out and say that Marquez' may even be slightly higher. Size is the glaring difference between the two.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 23 2009, 08:58 PM) *
lol...I know....

I think Junior Welter is perfect for Marquez at this point in his career....as perfect as it is for his nemesis, The Pacquiao.....both of them are pretty much biting off more than they can chew...they're up against the wrong guys to fuck with in the mid 140s....

I read somewhere that the night of the Diaz fight, Marquez came in weighin 142. That was a hell of a performance for a "Natural" 126lber.
The CEO
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 09:01 PM) *
Dude, the x-factor is the size in the fight. Floyd knows this, otherwise he would have chosen Mosley. Floyd is a great boxer, so is Marquez. I think their ring IQ's are probably the great equalizer. And I'll go out and say that Marquez' may even be slightly higher. Size is the glaring difference between the two.

The reach difference will be the killer in May-Marq....they're both pure boxers at their core.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 09:01 PM) *

LOL... whatever. Just shit on Floyd because he picked a fighter who was smaller then him. I can assure you though that Williams, Margarito, and even Clottey would have held a bigger size advantage over Floyd then Floyd holds over JMM. I'm sure no one would have pissed on them for fighting Floyd. LOL
The CEO
Mayweather and Cotto are "a little bigger" than Marquez and Pacquiao.

That's the way I see it and label it.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 09:06 PM) *
LOL... whatever. Just shit on Floyd because he picked a fighter who was smaller then him. I can assure you though that Williams, Margarito, and even Clottey would have held a bigger size advantage over Floyd then Floyd holds over JMM. I'm sure no one would have pissed on them for fighting Floyd. LOL

Funny... You almost had me again... Floyd was established at 147. Unlike Marquez who has NEVER fought at 147. In fact Marquez never even fought at 140. We all know Floyd fought and beat the greats at 140 and 147, so there is no legit claim that Floyd is smaller than say Margarito, Clottey or Williams who are/were legit at 147.

Pac even has 2 fights 140 or above. And in actuality, I'm not shittin on Money for Marquez. i'm on the record as saying Marquez will beat him. If He wins, I wont bitch about size or anything like that. I think its going to be a very close fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Funny... You almost had me again... Floyd was established at 147. Unlike Marquez who has NEVER fought at 147. In fact Marquez never even fought at 140. We all know Floyd fought and beat the greats at 140 and 147, so there is no legit claim that Floyd is smaller than say Margarito, Clottey or Williams who are/were legit at 147.

Pac even has 2 fights 140 or above. And in actuality, I'm not shittin on Money for Marquez. i'm on the record as saying Marquez will beat him. If He wins, I wont bitch about size or anything like that. I think its going to be a very close fight.

Why are you arguing with me then? LOL

By the way, Floyd is smaller than Clottey, Margarito and Williams.
provo
Who cares what marquez looks like "seriously " he's not going 2 win LOL , floyd is going 2 kick his ass!
It don't matter how hard JMM is training, Floyd has the best defense in the game the man is hard to hit , marquez is going 2 try to pressure him , get caught all day! And get slept in the later rounds.. And after the fight floyd is going to give JMM credit say "he's a great fighter and true warrior and be like but im the greatest no one can beat me " LOL
kidbazooka1
I've been saying it a for a while now Marquez is gonna shock the world just waite and see.
D-MARV
I think many people are seriously underrating Marquez. I admit, when the fight was initailly signed, I didn't give Marquez much of a chance. In Floyd, you will see a guy that has been off for nearly two years. There will be some rust. (Funny, when Winky got his ass handed to him by PWIll, the natrual reaction was he was off for two years. Floyd takes off for two years and is expected to be full gear) Floyd has never fought someone who was as accurate and smart as Juan Manuel Marquez. The styles in this fight make for an interesting match up. I think it's sad that people assume that Floyd is sooo much bigger than Juan so this makes for a BS fight. Not True. Juan brings counter-punching, accuracy, ring IQ, and a TON of heart. Those are qualities that Floyd hasn't seen since he moved up to 140. I think people will be surprised about how competitive this fight will be. You have two of this era's best fighters fighting and I see no reason to shit on this fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Even Juan Diaz out muscled Marquez. Marquez over came that through ring experience and skill. But Diaz was pushing Marquez around early.

Yeah, Mayweather will definitely do the same because he's a come-foward volume puncher like Diaz.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 09:44 PM) *
Even Juan Diaz out muscled Marquez. Marquez over came that through ring experience and skill. But Diaz was pushing Marquez around early.

Yup, thats the point I'm making. I think that despite the size difference, Marquez will prevail by a razor thin margin. The guy is THAT good...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 23 2009, 09:50 PM) *
Yeah, Mayweather will definitely do the same because he's a come-foward volume puncher like Diaz.

Cant tell if there is sarcasm here. Mayweather aint a come forwadr type of guy. He back peddles and spins. If he comes forward against Marquez, which he might because he's the bigger guy, look for Marquez to win a decison.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 10:01 PM) *
I think you are wrong, not knocking you as that's your opinion, I just think Mayweather will stop him, and anybody that knows me here, knows how much I hate Mayweather. Though the thing that intrigues me about your post is you think he will win by razor thin margin, as if the fight is going to be razor close, no way that Marquez is getting a decision in a razor close fight.

I was saying in another post that many hate him as you do, including judges. I think Marquez squeeks by because I have doubts that Mayweather will get the close rounds because of the hate in the back of people's minds. I could be wrong though... definately wont be the 1st time...LOL...
King Eugene
No Way Marquez wins. He's not big enough nor fast enough.

If he comes forward he will get countered all night and end up like Hatton.

If he decides to retreat he will be pressured like Judah was in the late rounds and basically picked apart and busted up at the same time. Floyd was on his way to stop Judah before the low blow. I think the sooner Floyd wears off the rust and realizes how much stronger he is than Marquez he'll turn it on. He knows he has to win in impression fashion. I dont give a dang what anybody says if he cant stop a lightweight inside the distance then he dont deserve the Lions share of shit against Pac.

On that note this doesn't go 8 rounds.
King Eugene
We might actually get to see the 130-135 brawling type Mayweather. I mean Mayweather vs. Augustus type fight except more one sided.
D-MARV
I will say this. If Mayweather comes into the fight looking to just dominate and stop Marquez in Gatti fashion then we will certainly have a new pound for pound king. And his name won't be Mayweather nor Pacquiao.

The first four or so rounds will be competitive. Floyd will take over from there.

But he doesn't realise that volume punching and strength are entirely different.

Sure I do.
What you don't realize is that Im not debating whether or not Floyd is stronger. What I'm saying is that Floyd will win this fight based on his skill set not just beacuse he's the bigger fighter. The size difference is certainly no reason to piss on this fight. Juan Manuel Maquez has proved to be one of this generation's best fighters and Floyd decided to make his comeback against him. Floyd coming back after 2 years and fighting Mosley would have been awesome. So would MAnny Pacquiao actually fighting a legit wleterweight at 147.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 23 2009, 10:09 PM) *
No Way Marquez wins. He's not big enough nor fast enough.

If he comes forward he will get countered all night and end up like Hatton.

If he decides to retreat he will be pressured like Judah was in the late rounds and basically picked apart and busted up at the same time. Floyd was on his way to stop Judah before the low blow. I think the sooner Floyd wears off the rust and realizes how much stronger he is than Marquez he'll turn it on. He knows he has to win in impression fashion. I dont give a dang what anybody says if he cant stop a lightweight inside the distance then he dont deserve the Lions share of shit against Pac.

On that note this doesn't go 8 rounds.

The difference is, This isnt Zab Judah in there with Mayweather. If Money pressures JMM, then he'll be the one getting countered. People are drastically underrating Marquez here. Marquez is better than anyone Money has EVER faced. I think Marquez beats Judah, Baldomir, Hatton and Gatti too. He's great at adjusting and I dont see him getting stopped in any fashion. Mayweather will hit him, but doesnt have great power to make Marquez respect him. The guy is gonna pull a Hopkins on Mayweather. He will out think the thinker... Win or lose whats next for these 2 guys??
provo
Ok ok ! So I see now people are saying that marquez is a better fighter than Anyone floyd has fought??, so why is Floyd gettin dissed for fighting a smaller marquez ?? Marquez is 5'7 floyd 5'8 ,
Marquez has no shot to win ,anyone who thinks he can is trippin ,remember FLOYd is the best defensive fighter boxing has seen ..Marquez is going to try and come forward ,cause everyone believes that floyd will fold under pressure ! WHICH HE DON'T! That's what he wants he's a defensive fighter and counter puncher and will catch marquez all nite!
No Way Marquez Wins .... marquez should be happy with himself if it goes to decision...
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 11:18 PM) *
The difference is, This isnt Zab Judah in there with Mayweather. If Money pressures JMM, then he'll be the one getting countered. People are drastically underrating Marquez here. Marquez is better than anyone Money has EVER faced. I think Marquez beats Judah, Baldomir, Hatton and Gatti too. He's great at adjusting and I dont see him getting stopped in any fashion. Mayweather will hit him, but doesnt have great power to make Marquez respect him. The guy is gonna pull a Hopkins on Mayweather. He will out think the thinker... Win or lose whats next for these 2 guys??

Mayweather is a smart pressure fighter. He will pressure but with pot shots. He wont be unloading a furry of combos recklessly that will leave him wide open. This wont look like Mayweather/Gatti but unlike Diaz he'll capitalize on Marquez when he's hurt but effective shots, not just winging away hoping for the knockout. Marquez is great but Mayweather is bigger and greater!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 24 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Ok ok ! So I see now people are saying that marquez is a better fighter than Anyone floyd has fought??, so why is Floyd gettin dissed for fighting a smaller marquez ?? Marquez is 5'7 floyd 5'8 ,
Marquez has no shot to win ,anyone who thinks he can is trippin ,remember FLOYd is the best defensive fighter boxing has seen ..Marquez is going to try and come forward ,cause everyone believes that floyd will fold under pressure ! WHICH HE DON'T! That's what he wants he's a defensive fighter and counter puncher and will catch marquez all nite!
No Way Marquez Wins .... marquez should be happy with himself if it goes to decision...

I'm the only one who seems to think Marquez will steal it. And doesnt everyone agree that Marquez is the BEST guy Floyd has ever faced, skillwise, ring IQwise etc...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Be a little more specific. By shock, do you mean that he is going to win, or make it competitive in your eyes? Just so I know how to respond to you when the fight is over.

He's gonna knock that muthafC*ker out in the 1st rd..... lol nah just f*cking with ya.

I think he's gonna take a decision.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jul 23 2009, 11:41 PM) *
I'm the only one who seems to think Marquez will steal it. And doesnt everyone agree that Marquez is the BEST guy Floyd has ever faced, skillwise, ring IQwise etc...

Im right there with you Factor.

Marquez will show that he wants it just a little more.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JaRaNDa @ Jul 24 2009, 04:02 AM) *
This is what I originally thought as well, but the more I think about it the more I think he'll do the exact opposite! It's wierd seeing people trying to justify this fight and make it sound like it's an evan close fight! Just because they are top 3 fighters in the world does not mean they belong in the same ring! Deep down inside Mayweather knows this, thats why he was calling it a 'tune up' fight.

I won't be suprised at all to see Mayweather coast the fight to a decession and carry Marquez to a lackluster performance. Mayweather WILL fight either Pac, Cotto or Mosley evantually and when the fight(s) happen he will want everyone doubting him, just like people are now with his BS rib injury..he will want people thinkin he is going to loose so they tune in for next time! Gayweather gets the last laugh (make money without loosing his '0') in all this p4p/catchweight circus elephant shit that's been made in the welterweight divisions!

I dont agree... If Mayweather coasts to a victory, Pac or Cotto would be able to take the A-share at the table if a fight was to be negotiated. Mayweather must STOP JMM impressively!! Pac or Cotto will win by KO, no way that one goes 12. The winner will be in the drivers seat against Mayweather. Thats why he picked JMM, becuase he thought it was going to be a fairly easy win against a smaller guy. Wont he be surprised, when the smaller guy is taking him to school...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 23 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Just because you are a top p4p fighter of this generation means you can give away size advantage to anybody and just win. The term p4p is just what point I'm trying to make and what the term was originally used for. The term p4p was for guys giving away size advantage, but too small for bigger guys. While Marquez isn't as small as comparing a welter to a heavy weight or anything, he is still giving away strength. You think this is just a good fight just because the p4p rankings say it is.

No. I think this is a good fight because you have two fighters with tremendous skill sets facing off. You keep pointing out the that this fight is no good becuase Floyd has the strength advantage. I know that you're a B-Hop fan and I'm certain you didn't trash him when he fought Winky Wright. Marquez-Mayweather will be a very good fight and I, for one, will be looking foward to it.
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 24 2009, 09:14 AM) *
No. I think this is a good fight because you have two fighters with tremendous skill sets facing off. You keep pointing out the that this fight is no good becuase Floyd has the strength advantage. I know that you're a B-Hop fan and I'm certain you didn't trash him when he fought Winky Wright. Marquez-Mayweather will be a very good fight and I, for one, will be looking foward to it.

After seeing the pic you posted Damarv, I may now have to agree with you about the size difference. I had previously stated that I thought it would be clear PBF was the bigger man. He is a tad taller and does still have a reach advantage, but it would seem as though JMM has filled out much nicer then I thought. I still think PBF is a bit bigger based on where they have been fighting over the last several years but it wont be the deciding factor in the fight. Combined with his reach advantage, PBF's hand speed will rule the day.
D-MARV
I never once said that Floyd wasn't the bigger, stronger man. The size & strength advantage is definitely on Floyd's side but certainly not significantly enough to shit on this fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.