Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allan Green - Nick Diaz??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Any thoughts on this?

I mean, it sounds like there is a real chance to see a well known MMA guy who likes to fight standing up, fighting a top level boxer in a boxing match.

Anyone else interested by this?
Romulus9
Didn't Diaz run his mouth about wanting to fight Roy Jones too?

I'd PAY to watch Diaz fight Roy Jones.

Allan Green? Not so much.
The CEO
lol....I'm semi-interested........doubt it gets finalized.

Allan "Look, Ma. Two feet!" Green would probably clean his clock...

thefloatingmonkey
I would be interested in seeing Nick Diaz get knocked out. I don't think he would stand a chance against Allen Green.
D-MARV
Boxing match I'll take Green. MMA, I'll take Diaz.
JD
I would think that if they are going to choose an MMA guy, Diaz would probably be one of the few that would make sense.

He has a hell of a chin, excellent stamina, he throws a lot of punches, and from what I understand is one of Andre Ward's sparring partners.

I would like to see it.
JLUVBABY
nick diaz would get his clock cleaned... he is border line any good in mma...lol
King Eugene
I think it would be pretty damn funny if one of those MMA guys stepped in the boxing ring and was getting schooled, got frustrated, and leg kicked the fuck out of somebody. Do you DQ him or just take a point away? LOL Either way it goes their opponents lead leg wont be no good for the rest of the fight lol.
BigG
In boxing this will be a massacre trust me...Allan Green by KO in 1 or 2. Diaz got no form of defense and Green has too much hand speed, pop, AND skill.
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 24 2009, 06:31 PM) *
nick diaz would get his clock cleaned... he is border line any good in mma...lol

Don't know what you're going on about, Nick Diaz is an excellent fighter. Gogo'ing Takanori Gomi, and KO'ing guys like Robbie Lawler and Frank Shamrock are testament enought to that.

That said, Green kills Diaz.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 25 2009, 01:02 AM) *
Don't know what you're going on about, Nick Diaz is an excellent fighter. Gogo'ing Takanori Gomi, and KO'ing guys like Robbie Lawler and Frank Shamrock are testament enought to that.

nick diaz is a descent fighter... not a world beater... what diaz did to mma fighters dont matter when it transfers to the boxing ring... if those two guys fight in the boxing ring allen green will destroy him in the first round unless he is told to carry diaz...
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 25 2009, 03:04 AM) *
nick diaz is a descent fighter... not a world beater... what diaz did to mma fighters dont matter when it transfers to the boxing ring... if those two guys fight in the boxing ring allen green will destroy him in the first round unless he is told to carry diaz...

And if they fought in the octagon or in the ring of Pride Diaz would submit Green in the 1st. And if they played one-on-one hoops with old Michael Jordan he'd score a hundred on them by half-time. So what?

As I said before, Green kills Diaz. There is no debate about that.

The debate is you claiming Diaz is a "descent" fighter. He's not. He's an excellent fighter. And he's been a world beater on several ocassions.
JD
I give Nick Diaz a much better chance in the boxing ring than I give Allan Green in the octagon.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 25 2009, 07:02 AM) *

Agreed
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 25 2009, 10:03 AM) *
I give Nick Diaz a much better chance in the boxing ring than I give Allan Green in the octagon.

Agreed. Although my opinion of Allan Green in the boxing ring is not that high either.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 25 2009, 10:14 AM) *
Agreed. Although my opinion of Allan Green in the boxing ring is not that high either.

Allan Green is begging to be KO'd with the way he fights. He seems to pop his head up when he punches - I am not all that impressed with him.

I kind of want to see the Diaz fight because I think he has boxing skills, and with his stamina, heart, and relentlessness, if he can survive what would clearly be an early storm, I think he would do better than most seem to think.

Obviously Allan Green has to be heavily favored, but I still would like to see it.
D-MARV
I dont know. Green KO's Diaz in a boxing match. Probably not early like many think. The little bit I know about Diaz inludes the fact that he has a good chin and good stamina.

In the octagon, Diaz probably wins but what happens if Green lands first?

JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 25 2009, 10:33 AM) *
I dont know. Green KO's Diaz in a boxing match. Probably not early like many think. The little bit I know about Diaz inludes the fact that he has a good chin and good stamina.

In the octagon, Diaz probably wins but what happens if Green lands first?

If Green lands first he would probably jump on Diaz and get submitted. Diaz can take a hell of a shot and recovers very quickly...and conversely if Diaz lands with those little gloves, I think it would surprise the hell of of Green.

I will give Diaz credit for wanting to jump right in and fight a world class opponent. For Allan Green, this seems like a bit of a no-win endeavor, because everyone is going to expect him to pummel Diaz...I mean, what if he doesn't? What if it is competitive? Imagine if Green couldn't get Diaz out right away and it turned into a real fight?
Spyder
Green also has that weird habit of looking at his own feet after throwing a punch. He's one of those guys that is probably the best fighter in his gym, but against the world he is no better than a name opponent.
provo
With Boxing gloves on Green would win I don't see diaz sticking his arms up in the air working in a boxing ring or waving his gloves LOL "that shit would be funny though lol!
In a Cage Diaz would kick his ass !
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 25 2009, 03:03 AM) *
And if they fought in the octagon or in the ring of Pride Diaz would submit Green in the 1st. And if they played one-on-one hoops with old Michael Jordan he'd score a hundred on them by half-time. So what?

As I said before, Green kills Diaz. There is no debate about that.

The debate is you claiming Diaz is a "descent" fighter. He's not. He's an excellent fighter. And he's been a world beater on several ocassions.

ok well dont get bent out of shape about it my man...lol... you think nick diaz is an excellent fighter i think he's descent... thats my opinion on the guy...
True-Boxing-Fan
This is a fight I would love to not watch. Anyways I think both guys are equivalent in there respective sports. Nick Diaz is the Allan Green of MMA and Allan Green is the Nick Diaz of boxing. They are fighters that can fight the best but will always come up short everytime. Damn Allan Green cant seriously be thinking of taking this fight. What the heck is happening to him. What a great career move.
Romulus9
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Jul 25 2009, 06:54 PM) *
This is a fight I would love to not watch. Anyways I think both guys are equivalent in there respective sports. Nick Diaz is the Allan Green of MMA and Allan Green is the Nick Diaz of boxing. They are fighters that can fight the best but will always come up short everytime. Damn Allan Green cant seriously be thinking of taking this fight. What the heck is happening to him. What a great career move.

Anyone else want to take this one or should I go ahead?
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 25 2009, 10:40 AM) *
If Green lands first he would probably jump on Diaz and get submitted. Diaz can take a hell of a shot and recovers very quickly...and conversely if Diaz lands with those little gloves, I think it would surprise the hell of of Green.

I will give Diaz credit for wanting to jump right in and fight a world class opponent. For Allan Green, this seems like a bit of a no-win endeavor, because everyone is going to expect him to pummel Diaz...I mean, what if he doesn't? What if it is competitive? Imagine if Green couldn't get Diaz out right away and it turned into a real fight?

I don't know how competitive the fight would be but Green certainly is not getting him out of there early. I say a mid to late stoppage.
Warlord
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 25 2009, 05:14 PM) *
ok well dont get bent out of shape about it my man...lol... you think nick diaz is an excellent fighter i think he's descent... thats my opinion on the guy...

An uninformed opinion, but yes, your's nevertheless.

I'm not a Diaz fan, btw. Not by a damn sight. But anyone who knows anything about MMA recognizes both Diaz's past accomplishments and future potential.

Perhaps you're confusing Nick with his brother Nate. Nate is shit.
Warlord
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 25 2009, 11:36 PM) *
I don't know how competitive the fight would be but Green certainly is not getting him out of there early. I say a mid to late stoppage.

He may get him out early. Diaz got outboxed by KJ Noons. I wouldn't be surprised to see Diaz go out within 4.

Diaz's main strength is Homer Simpson'ing his opponents and then submitting them with his BJJ. That won't happen in a boxing ring.
BigG

I've seen Nick Diaz several times and I'm confident saying Allan Green would KO him within 3 rounds. Diaz has no form of boxing defense. He is good at grappling but on pure stand up he will get knocked out. Green is a world class puncher.
Keith
I think for the most part, top level boxers have sick chins and sick power. Their hands and chin have been tested over and over again. Its what they do... punch and get punched. Diaz may be a great standup fighter in mma but it just not the same. This is only interesting from the standpoint of "how long can Diaz last?".
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Jul 26 2009, 07:19 PM) *
I've seen Nick Diaz several times and I'm confident saying Allan Green would KO him within 3 rounds. Diaz has no form of boxing defense. He is good at grappling but on pure stand up he will get knocked out. Green is a world class puncher.

I say within 4, but 3 is an acceptable answer. Diaz won't have enough power to make Green respect him, and he won't be able to defend himself once Green decides to pour it on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz went for a takedown after getting rocked and got himself DQ'd. That'd be cool.
happygocampy
I've seen alota Diaz fights. The guy has improved his standup game a ton, has decent reaction and footwork skills, he does have power in MMA, but i don't think he'll bring that with him to boxing with the gloves he'll haveto wear. He's good at hitting his targets in MMA, but Green is going to be harder to hit than most MMA guys he's used to fighting and lack of power will likely be a dealbreaker for him (though Green does have a suspect chin...). I think Green should win. Diaz has a crapload of heart and intensity when he fights, hopefully if it happens it will be a good fight.

I was also imagining Diaz getting clocked good and reactingly taking Green down for some ground n pound, lol.
Warlord
QUOTE (happygocampy @ Jul 27 2009, 09:34 PM) *
I was also imagining Diaz getting clocked good and reactingly taking Green down for some ground n pound, lol.

I laugh every time I think of it. I hope it happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.