Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vernon Forrest shot dead!!!!
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
torvix2000
Former boxing world champion and U.S. Olympian Vernon Forrest was shot and killed in an attempted carjacking in Northwest Atlanta, a police spokesperson said. Police don't think the suspects knew Forrest was a professional boxer. He was shot several times after chasing the suspects that tried to steal his Jaguar, authorities said. Forrest was a 1992 Olympian and won three world championship belts. Read more...

Another sad day for BOXING.
STEVENSKI
Terribly sad news. I was always a Vernon fan & still remember winning big money on him in the first Mosley fight.

From what I read the poor fool chased his jackers & exchanged gunfire with them getting fatally hit.
BigG
OMG.....RIP Vernon. What a shocking thing. He was such a good boxer and even better man.
Keith
I have been unable to find any credible news on the internet. Anyone else?
BigG
Hope those fucking cowards get caught and tortured in jail...
caneman
RIP Vernon "the Viper" Forest
JLUVBABY
what the hell is going on?... there certainly are a lot of deaths of celebs lately... i still havent seen anything on this but sadly its probably true...
JLUVBABY
vernon shot dead....

damn this seems to confirm the news... terrible...
Method
UN FUCKING BELIEVEABLE!

This is just fucking out of hand at this point.

RIP Vernon.

God Damn...and all the good he was doing for those kids.
JD
RIP Viper.
EirbinX
QUOTE (keith @ Jul 26 2009, 09:15 AM) *
I have been unable to find any credible news on the internet. Anyone else?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=4356715
D-MARV
This is sad news!

RIP. This is really fucked up.
ROLL DEEP
FUCK!

What the hell is going on?!

RIP Forrest.
JLUVBABY
this world that we live in is becoming a very sad place... there are terrible people walking amongst us... what happened to working for what you want... i guess that would be just to damn hard.. its better to go car jacking or robbing... punk mothers... vernon didnt deserve to go out like this...
Romulus9
Just let them have the car...

Boxing world loses ANOTHER one. It seems like we're on a pace of one every other week. Great guy, tried to do some good in the world, always fought hard, and this happens. RIP Vernon.

If this keeps up, by the time Diaz-Malignaggi rolls around, HBO's going to have to do so many 10 counts that the bell will ring for 5 straight minutes. I've never seen anything like it, not only for boxing but for sports in general. Arguello, McNair, Gatti, Forrest.... just had another death inside the ring as well...

Wow.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 26 2009, 09:50 AM) *
Just let them have the car...

Boxing world loses ANOTHER one. It seems like we're on a pace of one every other week. Great guy, tried to do some good in the world, always fought hard, and this happens. RIP Vernon.

If this keeps up, by the time Diaz-Malignaggi rolls around, HBO's going to have to do so many 10 counts that the bell will ring for 5 straight minutes. I've never seen anything like it, not only for boxing but for sports in general. Arguello, McNair, Gatti, Forrest.... just had another death inside the ring as well...

Wow.

boxrec has taken him out of their ranking already... you kinda have to ask yourself who is next... this is crazy times we are living in...
Keith
I loved watching this guy fight. I wanted to hate him because he beat Mosley twice... but I couldnt. He was a really smooth in the ring for a taller 47/54, beautiful to watch really. Great person too, gave a lot of time and money to disabled kids.
ROLL DEEP
Thing is, if someone tried to car-jack you, would you just stay in your car?

I dont think I would. As they tried to escape, I think it would be natural to get out and see whats happening, especially with the adrenaline going.

Obviously the smart thing would be to drive off, but you never think straight when confronted I guess.

Damn, damn shame.
Big Slim Sweet
First fight card I ever attended live was at MSG January 26, 2002. Forrest vs. Mosley with Gatti vs. Millett as the support. Now both winners murdered within two weeks of each other. As a Mosley die hard I always held it against Vernon for what he did to Sugar Shane. But this is just awful news.

Why the fuck would you chase the dudes that were trying to do this? As a father I fully understand the blind rage you would feel if some random punks were suddenly putting your child's safety at risk, but shit, from what I can tell this could have been avoided. Who knows though.

RIP Vernon.
D-MARV
I read a report that the two punks came back and shot Forrest in the back.
blackbelt2003
RIP Vernon.

Did he have his own gun, though, or was he chasing them unarmed?

Fuck man, some bullshit going down right now. Let's hope that's it for boxers and 187's this month.

Black
Method
Why the fuck would you chase the dudes that were trying to do this?

Really fell bad about scrutinizong the thought process here, but seriously. The car is insured. You could cash in and get a check for MORE than the car is worth (if not a brand new whip). Seriously, why chase the guys? From what B-Tlk is reporting, they came back and shot him in the fucking back. That's some coward shit right there.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 26 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Really fell bad about scrutinizong the thought process here, but seriously. The car is insured. You could cash in and get a check for MORE than the car is worth (if not a brand new whip). Seriously, why chase the guys? From what B-Tlk is reporting, they came back and shot him in the fucking back. That's some coward shit right there.

That would be the rational decision.

But Vernon is a fighter, man. In a confrontation, he'll choose to fight every fuckin' time...that's why so many boxers go out this way to street punks or bar brawls. They choose to fight every time, rational or not.

Black
Romulus9
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 26 2009, 11:55 AM) *
That would be the rational decision.

But Vernon is a fighter, man. In a confrontation, he'll choose to fight every fuckin' time...that's why so many boxers go out this way to street punks or bar brawls. They choose to fight every time, rational or not.

Black

My thoughts exactly.
The CEO
I'm R.I.P.ed out.

I feel the same as some of you other guys do...held it against him for beating Mosley....not liking him as a fighter and what not......

but Final Respect to him and his family.

I stupidly chased a car full of thugs down after a situation before...without a gun....Vernon had one....and now he's dead. It's messed up....

He let his manhood get the best of him...was being what I call "crazy brave". Remember when Nate Campbell ran down the purse snatcher a while back? He could have easily met the same fate...

You never know who you're dealing with and can easily get killed....

This could have been avoided.
BigG
Shot him from the back...epitome of PUSSYNESS...fucking cowards...
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 26 2009, 12:00 PM) *
I'm R.I.P.ed out.

I feel the same as some of you other guys do...held it against him for beating Mosley....not liking him as a fighter and what not......

but Final Respect to him and his family.

I stupidly chased a car full of thugs down after a situation before...without a gun....Vernon had one....and now he's dead. It's messed up....

He let his manhood get the best of him...was being what I call "crazy brave". Remember when Nate Campbell ran down the purse snatcher a while back? He could have easily met the same fate...

This could have been avoided.

Per FightNews:

We are sad to report that former world champion Vernon Forrest was tragically and senselessly murdered at about 11PM on Saturday night in Atlanta during an attempted robbery at a gas station. Reportedly Forrest had stopped to put air in the tire of his late model Jaguar when he was robbed at gunpoint. Forrest, 38, was also armed and pursued but another assailant was hiding and ambushed the champion. According to Atlanta police, Forrest was shot multiple times with a semi-automatic weapon.
neophyte7
I wonder of Veron's weapon was licensed? I mean if you are rich in this country you either have to have a gun or 24hr security.. BECAUSE America has become the land of have nots and haves and these savage ghetto, pant saggin animals are getting desperate-- we may need MARTIAL LAW as a remedy to this stinking violence problem with guns and drugs-- an IRON fisted CHINESE government APPROACH and lets see how tough these pant sagggin savage motherfuckers really are----

THIS IS LESS ABOUT WHY VERNON DID ANYTHING but more as to why these senseles ghetto bastards are allowed to reek havoc with guns year after year. Bottom line... THE MILITARY needs to go into all communities, as a Blackl man I advocate the MILItayr going and knocking on doors daily and confiscating guns.. rid these bastards of the use of guns to rob people just because they have nothing themselves.. This country is going down the tubes and if you live in the inner city or in a black area, being black the chances of black on black violence is high... RIP VERNON the bASTARDS THAT did this and those like them will soon be looking down the barrell of righteous guns designed to ETHNIC cleanse the so called "HOOD" once and for all...

and to all of you ganster rappers and gangster rap supporters.. eat a dick.. you are co conspirators in the degradation of primarliy people of color-- Death to you all

I am mad- I was looking forward to seeing Vernon fight some- PEACE
du365
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 26 2009, 12:31 PM) *
I wonder of Veron's weapon was licensed? I mean if you are rich in this country you either have to have a gun or 24hr security

Who give a f** if his gun was license? The man is dead for something senseless...What is going on with t his world when material objects are worth more than a human life. You cannot take your car, bling-bling, & money with you when u leave this world so why make a big fuss over what someone else has and take their life so senselessly.

RIP Vernon, you recent action in the ring may have pissed me off but your overall track record was impeccable and you were a fine human being.

I remember one fight where Vernon had one of the kids he sponsors from Destiny Child with him.....that shows class.
Jack 1000
RIP Vernon,

He was a class act and and a cool person, who will be sadly missed.

Jack
JLUVBABY
there needs to be a lot stiffer penalties for people who pull these kinds of crimes... if found guilty dont let these people rest on death row for years on top of years sucking up our hard earned tax payer dollars... i say execute fuckers like that as soon as possible... thats what happens in other countries... if they are found guilty beyond reasonable doubt get rid of them or use them as test monkeys for health research... criminals have way too many rights in this country.... i firmly believe if heartless thugs like the ones car jacking forrest knew that if caught they would pay the ultimate price they would think twice about carrying on such acts... not just the shooter but any one involved should be held just as accountable as the shooter in my opinion... the laws need to change...
caneman
You have to watch yourself around the West end in Atlanta! Well anywhere really but they are some areas VERY CLOSE to there that are known as rough areas! Again RIP Vernon, you will be missed by the boxing world & beyond! http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&clie...ge&resnum=1
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 26 2009, 01:15 PM) *
there needs to be a lot stiffer penalties for people who pull these kinds of crimes... if found guilty dont let these people rest on death row for years on top of years sucking up our hard earned tax payer dollars... i say execute fuckers like that as soon as possible... thats what happens in other countries... if they are found guilty beyond reasonable doubt get rid of them or use them as test monkeys for health research... criminals have way too many rights in this country.... i firmly believe if heartless thugs like the ones car jacking forrest knew that if caught they would pay the ultimate price they would think twice about carrying on such acts... not just the shooter but any one involved should be held just as accountable as the shooter in my opinion... the laws need to change...

Well look @ the thing with Tim Nickels...there is no doubt he was guilty shooting a judge & 2 other people...it's on tape yet they are giving so much tax payer $$$$ that the trial got put on hold to get the court appointed lawyers more $$$ to defend this guy! It happens all the time!
provo
Damn this shit sucks!
R.I.P Vernon Forrest.
Thanks for the great highlight real of destroying shane...
This is sad news to hear another former chanp killed...
provo
Damn this shit sucks!
R.I.P Vernon Forrest.
provo
Damn this shit sucks!
R.I.P Vernon Forrest.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 26 2009, 01:16 PM) *
You have to watch yourself around the West end in Atlanta! Well anywhere really but they are some areas VERY CLOSE to there that are known as rough areas! Again RIP Vernon, you will be missed by the boxing world & beyond! http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&clie...ge&resnum=1

yeah, you really do. there has been an increase in shootings around atlanta the past few months.

it's really baffling about some of this crime. it's just not worth it. and then you lose genuinely nice people like forrest and gatti.
Al Hata

RIP The Viper. Thanks for the memories.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
wow.....This is really terrible. Vernon was a good man, I remember when he had all those kids at the 2nd Mosley fight with him. He did work with the handicapped and helped them out a lot. He was always a man with class, and it's just a shame that some punks did this. It's a scary world out there, and you gotta watch yourself at all times. Forrest was a great champ and a great man RIP.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Here's a great article taht Thomas Gerbasi just wrote:

http://www.maxboxing.com/Gerbasi/Gerbasi072609.asp
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 26 2009, 12:23 PM) *
Well look @ the thing with Tim Nickels...there is no doubt he was guilty shooting a judge & 2 other people...it's on tape yet they are giving so much tax payer $$$$ that the trial got put on hold to get the court appointed lawyers more $$$ to defend this guy! It happens all the time!

thats why we as citizens of this country need to stand up and start lobbying to out congress men and reps. about changes in our respective laws... this useless killing has got to stop.. its just not right that good people die behind nonsense... and as of now its up in the air rather or not the killers will be caught... this is no worst than those assholes that killed those foster parents in florida a few weeks ago... the trigger men and all involved deserve death by the chair, or like i said people who do these types of crimes should be inprisoned, detoxed and used as test subjects at a special medical correctional facility if it is deemed to inhumane to kill other wise... make the useless scum usefull... inject them with hiv etc and use them for test monkeys... if they have cancer they can be used for cancer test monkeys... i dont think thats too harsh of a sentence for scum bottom of the barrel bafoons that want to wreak havok on society by robbing and stealing etc... they will be taken off the streets and also finally benefitting society at the same time... and who knows might actually save lives in the long run... thats just my opinion...
iron_mike
R.I.P. He was one of the good guys. Really big heart in and out of the ring. Wtf is going on?? This year is crazy si far
Spyder
Vernon was one of the good guys. Even though his fighting career was near its end, I'm sure he would've been good for the sport for years to come. I could easily see him working with kids and young fighters.
kidbazooka1
Damn wtf is going on this year.

RIP Veron.
True-Boxing-Fan
Damn this is some really sad news. This is just to much. RIP Vernon, you are truly one of the nicest guys in the game. What is going on these days.
True-Boxing-Fan
I hope they find these cowards, so we can make them pay. They are the reason we have the death penalty. Lets fry these coward ass bastard once we find them.
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 26 2009, 03:45 PM) *
thats why we as citizens of this country need to stand up and start lobbying to out congress men and reps. about changes in our respective laws... this useless killing has got to stop.. its just not right that good people die behind nonsense... and as of now its up in the air rather or not the killers will be caught... this is no worst than those assholes that killed those foster parents in florida a few weeks ago... the trigger men and all involved deserve death by the chair, or like i said people who do these types of crimes should be inprisoned, detoxed and used as test subjects at a special medical correctional facility if it is deemed to inhumane to kill other wise... make the useless scum usefull... inject them with hiv etc and use them for test monkeys... if they have cancer they can be used for cancer test monkeys... i dont think thats too harsh of a sentence for scum bottom of the barrel bafoons that want to wreak havok on society by robbing and stealing etc... they will be taken off the streets and also finally benefitting society at the same time... and who knows might actually save lives in the long run... thats just my opinion...

Wow, I never thought of that kinda thing & BTW, I was wrong, it's Brain Nichols & there is no doubt that he killed 3 of the 4 people that day in that Fulton County Courthouse that day! I guess when all is said & done, the things that make this the greatest country in the world can make it pretty bad as well! I always liked the stone them kinda guys in the town square!
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 26 2009, 03:45 PM) *

Wow, I never thought of that kinda thing & BTW, I was wrong, it's Brian Nichols & there is no doubt that he killed 3 of the 4 people that day in that Fulton County Courthouse! I guess when all is said & done, the things that make this the greatest country in the world can make it pretty bad as well! I always liked the stone them kinda guys in the town square!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 26 2009, 11:00 AM) *

I thought about that later after I'd posted. And at the time everyone reading it I'm sure was like, 'Hell yeah Nate.' I know I was.

You just never know. Every time you leave your home you're putting your fate in the hands of others. It can come from any place at any time.

QUOTE (Method @ Jul 26 2009, 10:49 AM) *
From what B-Tlk is reporting, they came back and shot him in the fucking back. That's some coward shit right there.

If true that is fucking disgusting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.