Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Calzaghe said he can beat Wlad Klitschko.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
Source: Wales Online

Im Joe Calzaghe, I could beat anyone. I could step up and beat Wladimir Klitschko if I wanted."
mrwigi
LMFAO!!!!! Its easier to say than to do..
JLUVBABY
i read that mess... im not sure he could beat chad dawson much less wlad. klit.. either klit. would get arrested for attempted homicide if that fight where made...lol..
Thegreatequalizer
that's hilarious. you can tell he's insecure. he could just say, "i'm retired because i'm getting old and i don't give a shit" instead of that there aren't any worthy challengers, which is obviously bullshit. i think he would probably beat dawson, but it wouldn't be easy. the klit comment isn't even worth discussing, since he would get his head knocked off.
The CEO
See...you got the Calzaghe faithful out there saying he's joking about this....for damage control....but I believe his rat faced daddy said the same thing several months ago....

Calzaghe is as delusional as Hatton was....remember when Hatton kept saying he was gonna be The P4P King after he beat Pacquiao?...

It's not jokes....Hatton meant what he was saying....and Calzaghe is being serious.

MAN they deserve The Hate....
provo
I think calzaghee can beat chad dawson easily , not Klitchsko , no way ..
JLUVBABY
calslappy might be able to slap his way to a victory over dawson but it wouldnt be easy... personally i dont think joe would win that fight.. then again we had a chance to see what would have happened and joe joe dancer turned his nose up at the fight... that might tell you something right there... that would have been a great way to go out against a young gun champ, not a contraversial win against another aged champ....
D-MARV
Dawson would OWN Calzaghe.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 26 2009, 04:42 PM) *
Dawson would OWN Calzaghe.

LOL.

Wladimir Klitschko would own Joe Calzaghe...Chad Dawson would lose to Joe Calzaghe.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 26 2009, 06:15 PM) *
LOL.

Wladimir Klitschko would own Joe Calzaghe...Chad Dawson would lose to Joe Calzaghe.

LOL.. too bad we would never find out.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 26 2009, 07:04 PM) *
LOL.. too bad we would never find out.

No doubt. Go ahead and pick Chad...but he ain't owning Calzaghe.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 26 2009, 07:05 PM) *
No doubt. Go ahead and pick Chad...but he ain't owning Calzaghe.

No doubt. Go ahead and Pick Joe...but he ain't beating Chad
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 26 2009, 07:10 PM) *
No doubt. Go ahead and Pick Joe...but he ain't beating Chad

That's really cute the way you tried to mimic there.

I know Dawson is one of your love children and you like to throw words like "own" around, when the fact is Calzaghe would have Bad Chad huffing late in the fight. He ain't maintaining the pace...even if Calzaghe fought him now after a layoff.

No one owns anyone in this fight because Calzaghe would have to deal with Dawson's speed early, but as the fight wore on, Dawson would have to deal with Calzagh'e pace and it would prove too much.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 26 2009, 07:14 PM) *
That's really cute the way you tried to mimic there.

I know Dawson is one of your love children and you like to throw words like "own" around, when the fact is Calzaghe would have Bad Chad huffing late in the fight. He ain't maintaining the pace...even if Calzaghe fought him now after a layoff.

No one owns anyone in this fight because Calzaghe would have to deal with Dawson's speed early, but as the fight wore on, Dawson would have to deal with Calzagh'e pace and it would prove too much.

LOL... Dawson is far from "another one of my love children". I'm a fan but far from a hugger. I mention the term "own" in a lot of instances. I mentioned them when I refer to a couple of you're love children, Froch & Adamek.

But back to the fight... You're right! Nobody would own anyone. I shouldn't have used that term. In Dawson, Calzaghe would have to deal with someone who was more powerful, more athletic, just as quick, and more importanly, NOT 40 years old.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 26 2009, 07:24 PM) *
LOL... Dawson is far from "another one of my love children". I'm a fan but far from a hugger. I mention the term "own" in a lot of instances. I mentioned them when I refer to a couple of you're love children, Froch & Adamek.

But back to the fight... You're right! Nobody would own anyone. I shouldn't have used that term. In Dawson, Calzaghe would have to deal with someone who was more powerful, more athletic, just as quick, and more importanly, NOT 40 years old.

Froch and Adamek?? LOL. Picking Froch to beat Dirrell doesn't make him a lovechild it makes sense, and Adamek? What are you talking about? A lovechild is someone you fawn over; i.e., you and Paul Williams or Chad Dawson. Dude...you are pretty much fucking clueless as it relates to me and who my fighters are.

I have one lovechild, and his name is Silence Mabuza.

Dawson does not have Calzaghe's stamina, nor does he have his output...he also has faded late in fights. Everyone thinks Calzaghe is so easy to handle, and then they fight him. I have never once rooted for Calzaghe and this fight would be no different - but I also recognize that Calzaghe is very under appreciated by Americans.
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 26 2009, 07:31 PM) *
I say make this fight happen.

Calzaghe is focused on Wlad. LOL

Seriously, how much would you love to see that fight?
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 26 2009, 07:42 PM) *
Well I would love to see Calzaghe hurt pretty bad, so I would say that it would be a high priority fight that must be made. What about yourself? Would you purchase this on PPV?

I would. And I would pay a surcharge for it...I think it would be hilarious.
BigG
I got to be honest about Joe he is a very good maybe semi great fighter but his style of fighting will forever be garbage to me. He doesn't throw punches like a professional, he throws slaps like an amateur. At this point I'd favor Dawson because IMO Joe lost to Hopkins and looked less impressive against the shell of Jones Jr. than Johnson and Tarver did. Did I mention Jones put him on his ass and landed alot more punches against Joe than he did Tarver and Johnson? LOL...Joe has accomplished alot but I don't see him as a truly great fighter. Chad might be overrated but he's at least proven his worth by dominating the likes of Adamek, Tarver and beating Johnson in a close fight. I also believe Calzaghe can still beat alot top fighters around his weight today but I'm not that impressed with Calzaghe.
Method
Only cat I wanna see Calzaghe in the ring with is Hopkins. As far as Im concerend he was LUCKY to get that decision, and he knows it.
JD
That is the fight we would all like to see...Hopkins defense is the answer to Calzaghe's constant workrate, but I think that in the end we won't see Hopkins in the ring again. If we do, it would probably be Adamek which will look a lot like the Hopkins - Pavlik fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 26 2009, 07:39 PM) *
Froch and Adamek?? LOL. Picking Froch to beat Dirrell doesn't make him a lovechild it makes sense, and Adamek? What are you talking about? A lovechild is someone you fawn over; i.e., you and Paul Williams or Chad Dawson. Dude...you are pretty much fucking clueless as it relates to me and who my fighters are.

Dawson does not have Calzaghe's stamina, nor does he have his output...he also has faded late in fights. Everyone thinks Calzaghe is so easy to handle, and then they fight him. I have never once rooted for Calzaghe and this fight would be no different - but I also recognize that Calzaghe is very under appreciated by Americans.

You're last staement is true which is why I defended Calzaghe up and down these boards.

But I don't "love" Chad. I guess becuase I thought he beat Johnson or because I think he would beat Calzaghe makes me a hugger. I recognize his skills and heart and that makes me a fan. And if you think Chad is my lovechild then you're clueless as well. You'll be surprised as to who my fighters are out side of PWill.
D-MARV
Hopkins said he wants the Johnson-Dawson winner.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 26 2009, 08:23 PM) *
You're last staement is true which is why I defended Calzaghe up and down these boards.

But I don't "love" Chad. I guess becuase I thought he beat Johnson or because I think he would beat Calzaghe makes me a hugger. I recognize his skills and heart and that makes me a fan. And if you think Chad is my lovechild then you're clueless as well. You'll be surprised as to who my fighters are out side of PWill.

I thought you had Dawson as like a top 4 P4P guy...and I could have sworn I have seen you go on about him multiple times. Whatever...this is a ridiculously senseless discussion at this point.

Unfortunately we cannot wrap it neatly by saying we are just looking to the fight as was the case with the Super Middleweight tourney. Calzaghe has no intention of coming back, so he will simply irritate from the sidelines now.
provo
Calzaghe would beat dawson ,dawson defense is not that great he don't know how to finish off his oppenents ,calzaghes offense is to good and he throws a lot of punches and would throw dawsons gameplan out the window... Calzaghee by UD...
I never gave respect to calzaghe until the roy fight! The man is a bad white boy...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 26 2009, 09:27 PM) *
Calzaghe would beat dawson ,dawson defense is not that great he don't know how to finish off his oppenents ,calzaghes offense is to good and he throws a lot of punches and would throw dawsons gameplan out the window... Calzaghee by UD...
I never gave respect to calzaghe until the roy fight! The man is a bad white boy...

i respect your opinion of calslappy but him beating that version of roy jones dont make him a bad boy... roy jones jr is shot... that was strictly a name on his resume... that was like norris or camacho beating up on leonard...
Warlord
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 26 2009, 05:15 PM) *
LOL.

Ha ha. Spot on.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 27 2009, 12:39 AM) *

That is very true. JD has only one love child & his name is Silence.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 26 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Only cat I wanna see Calzaghe in the ring with is Hopkins. As far as Im concerend he was LUCKY to get that decision, and he knows it.

Of course that's the only person you want to see him in the ring with..Hopkins is the only guy you want to see in the ring..hahaha..

Calzaghe would get destroyed by either Klitchko very quickly..Calzaghe/Dawson would be a good fight and I'd give Joe and edge based on the Johnson fight..Calzaghe is faster,more elusive,and can throw more punches than Johnson..Johnson has a major edge in power over Calzaghe..This would give Dawson nothing to worry about in terms of taking hard shots but he'd have his hands full with Calzaghe..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Jonny I hope you're wrong about the Klits getting rid of Joe quickly. No I would hope for a prolonged Sam Peter style of beating. And yes I too would pay a surcharge to see the beating prolonged.

Heck I'd pay 10 bucks for every round Wlad kept Calslappy in the ring beating him slowly and violently until that Welsh weasal quits on his stool or that dozy dad of his pulls him out of the fight.

Either way I'd want to see a lot of blood and guts on that ring apron. I wouldn't mind seeing old Soapy Hopkins get his mitts on him again either. Never have I seen a guy so victorious as Joe claimed to be want to have as little to do with the guy they had just beaten. He really wanted NO part of Hopkins ever again. LOL
lloyd mayflower
Calzaghe by brutal highlight reel KO over both
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 27 2009, 01:01 AM) *

Oh HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL no, I don't ever wanna see these two in the ring together again. Calzaghe was horrible for the first six rounds and mediocre for the last six, Hopkins was, well, Hopkins for the first six and then, uncharacteristically, a little bitch for the last six.

They both looked awful in there. I'd rather see Hopkins in there with Dawson or Glen Johnson, and Calzaghe to go back to super-middle, which obviously isn't gonna happen.

Joe is quite possibly the most over-rated guy I've seen. His whole career legacy is based on an undefeated record (which in my book is a minus instead of a plus...everyone loses if they take the right fights), ten years as a 'champion' (when in actual fact he only ever had three legit title fights) and 'great' wins over Lacy (ho hum), Kessler (admittedly good but hardly Ali-Frazier), Hopkins (who was 74 years old and nearly won) and Roy Jones (or at least a zombie who looked a little like Roy Jones AND managed to floor Calzaghe).

Trust me, I'm pretty sure prime Hopkins and prime Jones would have taken Calzaghe out in double quick time...except we never got to find out because he waited for them to get so old.

Never has a legacy been built on so little.

Black
Jack 1000
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 27 2009, 03:33 PM) *
Oh HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL no, I don't ever wanna see these two in the ring together again. Calzaghe was horrible for the first six rounds and mediocre for the last six, Hopkins was, well, Hopkins for the first six and then, uncharacteristically, a little bitch for the last six.

They both looked awful in there. I'd rather see Hopkins in there with Dawson or Glen Johnson, and Calzaghe to go back to super-middle, which obviously isn't gonna happen.

Joe is quite possibly the most over-rated guy I've seen. His whole career legacy is based on an undefeated record (which in my book is a minus instead of a plus...everyone loses if they take the right fights), ten years as a 'champion' (when in actual fact he only ever had three legit title fights) and 'great' wins over Lacy (ho hum), Kessler (admittedly good but hardly Ali-Frazier), Hopkins (who was 74 years old and nearly won) and Roy Jones (or at least a zombie who looked a little like Roy Jones AND managed to floor Calzaghe).

Trust me, I'm pretty sure prime Hopkins and prime Jones would have taken Calzaghe out in double quick time...except we never got to find out because he waited for them to get so old.

Never has a legacy been built on so little.

Black

Great post Black! I agree!

Jack
D-MARV
Calzaghe-Hopkins II would be a replay minus the knockdown.

King Eugene
I might be in the minority on this one but I personally dont want to SEE Hopkins/Calzaghe II. Shitty performance on both ends for such a hyped up fight. I'd love to see Calzaghe vs. Dawson/Froch or hell even Pavlik just to see him beat the ever lasting shit out of him!
provo
Why does is matter how old roy jones or hopkins was insnt Calzaghe 37 years old??? LOL
I give joe credit for embarassing the shit out of Roy that shit was hilarious!
He's a offensive force who throws a shit load of punches "no power" though LOL, but he would beat dawson easily , dawson don't throw as much punches and he also has no powers , we would see a bloody dawson!
King Eugene
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 27 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Why does is matter how old roy jones or hopkins was insnt Calzaghe 37 years old??? LOL
He's a offensive force who throws a shit load of punches "no power" though LOL, but he would beat dawson easily , dawson don't throw as much punches and he also has no powers , we would see a bloody dawson!

Ridiculous! I'm a need for you to go back and watch his last three fights!
The CEO
Oh man....y'all ain't ready for this....brand new Calzaghe joint....comin' soon....

This fuckin' guy.
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 27 2009, 11:22 PM) *
Oh man....y'all ain't ready for this....brand new Calzaghe joint....comin' soon....

This fuckin' guy.

LOL... wonderful.

Please, Calslappy, stay retired.
Spyder
At least Roy Jones beat the shit outta him in the Music Video department.
The CEO
laugh.gif

Did you guys catch the lyrics..? Shamelessly delusional.
lloyd mayflower
Im fairly confident that this is just the calzaghe family dicking around and having a laugh. must be hard to fill the void, and enzo and his brothers were all musicians before the boxing thing. I know im going to catch it for defending them but fuck it im a Calzaghe fan so i dont care. This is just his sense of humour. He has always been a sarcastic bastard and the majority of what he says to the media is said with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

That being said, I think he would punch Wlad thru the ring ropes a la Maskaev/Rahman!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 28 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Im fairly confident that this is just the calzaghe family dicking around and having a laugh. must be hard to fill the void, and enzo and his brothers were all musicians before the boxing thing. I know im going to catch it for defending them but fuck it im a Calzaghe fan so i dont care. This is just his sense of humour. He has always been a sarcastic bastard and the majority of what he says to the media is said with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

That being said, I think he would punch Wlad thru the ring ropes a la Maskaev/Rahman!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's a good one...but please....that overrated douche sincerely believes everything he says about himself....he's not "takin' the piss"...I'm certain he thinks he's "greater" than Jones and Hopkins just because he notched their names.......Hell...he probably thinks he's AT LEAST a Top 10 ATG....

You don't wanna get us started, do ya?...lol

The Joe Calzaghe Hate Wagon: SKULLSPLITTER - The CEO, blackbelt2003, KookedKrack, caneman, ROLL DEEP, Al Hata, kidbazooka1, Big Slim, BoxingStill#1, WindyCityP, Lil-lightsout, FenderDG3, Mean Mister Mustard, King Eugene, Fitz, JohnnyBlaze, xxxxxx, The Conscience, alaganza, damarvelous1, snoopnick, JLUVBABY, Brad

Sergeant at Arms: STEVENSKI

Inspirational Prodigy: BigG

Special Enforcer: rusty_trombone

Devil's Advocate: Spyder

South Pacific Administrator: the ollie reed fan club

FightHype Medal of Hatred Recipient: Method

Honorary President: Bernard Hopkins
lloyd mayflower
haha thought the hate wagon would get brought out the garage as a result of this thread! Well we shall just need to agree to disagree mate. All i can say is in my various forays into the US i have noticed a great difference in sense of humour between us and you. Its just the way it is!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 27 2009, 08:20 PM) *

you're right age doesnt ness. play a factor but every fighter grows old at a diffrent stage in their career... some like hopkins who many thought won the fight against calzaghe has a longer life span in the ring than a roy jones jr that never had great fundamentals and relied more on pure skill and speed... once he lost the pure skill and a little speed he became very ordinary a lot like ali except ali was able to re-design his fighting style ala rope a dope style he used later in his career and he is paying the price for that now... but to get back on the subject you give joe calslappy credit for beating a shot fighter... wow... its a good name on his resume but you are very delusional if you think he beat a roy jones anywhere near his fighting best... roy at his very best would crucify joe calslappy...
The CEO
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 28 2009, 12:13 PM) *
haha thought the hate wagon would get brought out the garage as a result of this thread! Well we shall just need to agree to disagree mate. All i can say is in my various forays into the US i have noticed a great difference in sense of humour between us and you. Its just the way it is!

lol...if you wanna do the agree to disagree thing, that's fine....but trust me...I personally have an International sense of humor...and I can tell what kind of person Calzaghe is...

He's truly arrogant....with an ultrainflated ego.

Look at his actions in that Jones fight....that says it all....I don't think Jones himself in his PRIME ever clowned someone that much over 12 rounds....and it's safe to say Jones was/is arrogant with a huge ego, right?
lloyd mayflower
Calzaghe did that quite a lot thru his career. He did it against Lacy and Bika off the top of my head altho maybe not quite as much. I agree he went over the score a bit, but in the end of the day, he was in the ring, pumped up and winning easily. Calzaghe clearly has massive confidence in his own ability, and regardless of your opinion of his level of opposition, no one was able to prove him wrong.

Dont get me wrong, i prefer a graceful winner, but actions like that in the heat of the moment arent as bad as constant disrespect in the build up 2 a fight and afterwards eg PBF.

Lastly, i respect your right to hate but i dont agree. Someone as hate filled as myself has to take a break and actually like the occasional fighter!
anthonyaccurate
I can't respect a guy who would give a rematch to a someone they tko'd in the first round, but can't
rematch another champion who he "beat" by SD.

I can't respect a guy as an all time great with two legit 10-count KO's and 30 tko's on his record. I suspect plenty of those
"technical" knockouts were of the Manfredo type...

I can't respect a guy who talks so much shit, but has so little to show for it. 10 years with a WBO strap, the most
powerful promoter in Europe for most of his career, and he's fighting people from "The Contender" as champ. Nard and
Roy aint fightin people from "The Contender".

I can't respect a guy who's boxrec page looks like Joe Calzaghe's. He and his fans talk about how bhop and roy ducked him.
Funny, when he made his offer, bhop had just beat trinidad and was on top of the boxing world as unified MW champ. Joe had just beat Tucker Pudwill and was the WBO supermiddleweight champ.
Why would bernard take that fight? Come to Wales so we can rob you and blow up our guys name.

I can't respect a guy who's says, "yeah, i can/woulda beat Pavlik", but chooses to fight a shot fighter who Joe himself said was shot. The funny thing
is his fans give this win great credit, so how can you possibly argue with them about the rest of his career when they think a 2x knocked out shot Roy is a great win?

I can't respect a guy and his fans who shit on Taylor, who "beat" bhop twice, all the while missing the irony of:
Taylor was willing to fight bernard twice
Won 2 fights against him
And was never dropped in 24 rounds, unlike Cal (1st round at that)
and fought a younger bernard
but yet cal and his fans brag. When was the last time roy dropped someone? bernard? especially in the first round?

Dude is a joke. No other fighters talk or praise him, I don't get the sense he's especailly liked by fellow fighters
from Europe or anywhere.
His fans go around the internet popping up on msg boards, usually in bhop or roy threads, to always try to politic him to greatness;
you don't have to explain
greatness.
lloyd mayflower
Sugar Ray praises him in the foreword he wrote to joes book. And if you read Joes book there is a quote from some showtime exec who stated that a deal to fight bernard after the trinidad fight was in place and bernard at the 11th hour inexplicably doubled his demands. No one in this sport is perfect.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 28 2009, 08:15 AM) *
laugh.gif

Did you guys catch the lyrics..? Shamelessly delusional.

That shit was soooo gay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.