Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocky Lockridge, broke & homeless....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
It's pretty sad stuff! http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/index.ss...rocky_lock.html
STEVENSKI
Very sad story. Shows what addiction can do to you.
Maxy
That is a real shame. Gutted for the fella.

I especially remember his fights with Chavez (which was close), Barry Micheal and Harold "The Shadow" Knight back in the good old days of 15 rounders.

I hope he can somehow turn his life around.
JLUVBABY
i hate to see this for the guy.. he was a good fighter.. i actually have a few of his fights..
Boxingjunkie
WOW what a terrible story to read. So so sad. Lets hope he can get it turned around. Sounds like a good opportunity for the Duvas to help the guy out.
JLUVBABY
i hope his sons have the heart to get him and help him clean up... i know the way his life turned out is on him for the most part but he looks like a guy that can be helped...
kidbazooka1
Damn that is f*cked up always sad to see a prize fighter end up like that. Rocky was a bad ass he gave Chavez a helluva fight. I hope he gets clean and gets his sh*t together.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Boxingjunkie @ Jul 29 2009, 06:00 PM) *
WOW what a terrible story to read. So so sad. Lets hope he can get it turned around. Sounds like a good opportunity for the Duvas to help the guy out.

The Duva's owe him nothing. He & he alone can choose to get clean & stay clean. He can enter a rehab & do what is required (12 steps daily) for his long term mental & physical health or he can live on the streets & continue to get wasted daily.

Reading that article people are offering him help provided he gets clean. If he genuinely wants to experince recovery he needs to enter a rehab programme & not some BS 30 or 90 day one like Dr Drew but a serious 9-18 months controlled rehab where he if forced to get well & work on himself.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 29 2009, 06:17 PM) *
The Duva's owe him nothing. He & he alone can choose to get clean & stay clean. He can enter a rehab & do what is required (12 steps daily) for his long term mental & physical health or he can live on the streets & continue to get wasted daily.

Reading that article people are offering him help provided he gets clean. If he genuinely wants to experince recovery he needs to enter a rehab programme & not some BS 30 or 90 day one like Dr Drew but a serious 9-18 months controlled rehab where he if forced to get well & work on himself.

your words are very true...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.