Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Manny wants belt then fight me at 147lb
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Visit My Website

Interesting what do you guys think of this?
Box in Hand
I agree with Cotto 100% however isn't it a little late in the game to be making a stink about this?
Keith
Pac, Arum, and Cotto are like 3 monkeys fucking a football.

Has the paperwork actually been signed yet?
torvix2000
I think Pac and Cotto aren't. But Arum is.

Pacquiao and Cotto can both fight Mosley. They won't care. And Mosley doesn't care which of the two he fights. At any weight division.
kidbazooka1
Manny has been really pushing for the belt. This should have been taken care of already but i agree with Cotto if they want the title on the line then it should be at 147lb.
torvix2000
Is Cotto sticking to a principle by not defending his belt? If that's the case, then we can admire him for that. Or he has something else in mind?
DavidThaKing
Cotto is right if Pacquiao wants to be the champ at 147 you have to go to 147 end of story

You can't be the champion of a weightclass that you didnt fight at to win the title

Method
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 30 2009, 09:57 AM) *
I agree with Cotto 100% however isn't it a little late in the game to be making a stink about this?

EXACTLY. How long have you been sitting on this interview?
jlupi
I have mixed feelings. 145 still is the same weight class so if cotto were to agree for the title to be on the line then I guess I have no problems with it
D-MARV
Tell his ass Cotto.
caneman
I said it before & I'll say it again, NO WAY this should be for a title unless the fight is @ 147 but I thought I read the belt wasn't up grabs! Pacman is being blamed for this though when it's Cotto's own promoter Arum to blame! Plus as already stated, it's a little late to cry about it now, Cotto wasn't crying when he found out he was gonna get $15 million though, was he?
Fitz
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Jul 31 2009, 01:23 AM) *
Is Cotto sticking to a principle by not defending his belt? If that's the case, then we can admire him for that. Or he has something else in mind?

Why don't you just make up your own mind and make an opinion instead of always asking questions from both sides? Why do you always do this?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 30 2009, 11:44 PM) *
Why don't you just make up your own mind and make an opinion instead of always asking questions from both sides? Why do you always do this?

Because he hates you.

I don't care if it is for the belt or not & if it is at 145 or 147. So long as they fight it is all good to me.
JonnyBlaze
They act like those extra 2 pounds are gonna be the difference(they only would be if Cotto is struggling with his weight)..Really stupid shit..They need to just fight at 47..Why can Pac-man fight DLH at 47 but not Cotto..That's real bogus..Sounds like fear to me and I'd hate to say Pac-man fears anyone..
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 31 2009, 02:48 AM) *
They act like those extra 2 pounds are gonna be the difference(they only would be if Cotto is struggling with his weight)..Really stupid shit..They need to just fight at 47..Why can Pac-man fight DLH at 47 but not Cotto..That's real bogus..Sounds like fear to me and I'd hate to say Pac-man fears anyone..

I don't think it is fear. I think it is Pac holds the cards & he is using his cards to get the best scenario for him. It is not like Cotto would be skeletor at 145 or anything.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 30 2009, 09:02 PM) *
I don't think it is fear. I think it is Pac holds the cards & he is using his cards to get the best scenario for him. It is not like Cotto would be skeletor at 145 or anything.

I know but why is the 2 lbs so important to Pac-man and his team??I just don't get it..Make the fight at 142 or something if he is really trying to make Cotto work hard for the weight to maybe drain himself out some..2 lbs can be a lot to certain boxers but what is the point of making a catch weight fight 2 lbs under the limit??Just make it a fight at 147 and Pac-man can come in at 145 if he needs to..Guys back in the day didn't give a fuck about the weight like they do today..Being a baby about 2 lbs??Fuck that..Sugar Ray Robinson would weigh 10 lbs smaller than some of his oppenents and not complain about the weight..
STEVENSKI
Pac should make it a old school fight then & have a same day weigh in at 147.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 30 2009, 09:57 PM) *

It's so obvious that this is the main concern for Pac-man and his team,so I think they should just do the same day weigh in..I liked the same day weigh in days better then the day before..We'd get better fights that way..Guys drain themselves to make weight because they don't keep their weight under control and blow up during that 24 hours and try to re-hydrate themselves..The Clottey/Corrales fight should of never happened after seeing the unoffical weigh ins..Hell Corrales is movin up 2 weight classes and ends up fighting a guy almost 4 weigh classes higher than welterweight..So he ended up fighting a guy 6 weight classes more than his fight before Clottey..
provo
Pac Is getting on my nerves with all this weigh shit! He needs to stop being a little bitch if he wants the 147 welterweight title then fight at that fukn weight ! When the fuk do we ever hear another fighter say this shit!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 30 2009, 10:40 PM) *
Pac Is getting on my nerves with all this weigh shit! He needs to stop being a little bitch if he wants the 147 welterweight title then fight at that fukn weight ! When the fuk do we ever hear another fighter say this shit!

Yeah,next he might try to get the head gov. bodies in boxing to switch the welterweight weight limit to 145 and not 47 if he wins the belt..
provo
This is just stupid! I bet if this was Mayweather he would be getting hella shit for this LOL.
Don't pac have a title at 140???? If he does how come not put that belt on the line vs cotto at 145????
provo
This is just stupid! I bet if this was Mayweather he would be getting hella shit for this LOL.
Don't pac have a title at 140???? If he does how come not put that belt on the line vs cotto at 145????
Pac is getting as bad as oscar pretty soon he'll start picking out his oppenents gloves LOL..
Oh shit he already did that LOL... 8oz vs oscar lol...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 31 2009, 04:08 AM) *
Oh shit he already did that LOL... 8oz vs oscar lol...

Which should have benifited Oscar more as it is a lighter glove so his punches would travel faster & be more powerful. I would say that is almost a concession to Oscar rather than gaining a advantage.
singletrack
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:53 AM) *
Interesting what do you guys think of this?

I agree with Cotto - if you want to win the 147 lb title, then the champ should be able to weigh in up to 147 lbs. You change the rules, and the belt no longer applies; or the champ at least gets to say whether or not it applies.

That being said, I think the WBO is going to put the belt on the line no matter what Cotto says or does. Either they will wave the fee or Arum or Pacman will pay it. They want their organization associated with this mega fight and they want to be able to call the winner the WBO Welterweight champ.

If they do pull that shit, Cotto should just throw the belt in the garbage. If he wins, who gives a shit about the WBO - he will be in the top 3 p4p, he can pick his opponent, and titles won't mean much. If he loses, they were going to give it to pac anyway. So what has he lost? Perhaps he creates some issues down the road trying to fight pac or another WBO champ, but he has always said that he will retire at 30, so there aren't too many fights left anyway.

torvix2000
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 31 2009, 03:57 AM) *

This would be unfair to Cotto. I think 147 for Cotto, 140 for Pacquiao. Not same day weigh in. But Cotto should not be allowed to weigh more than a stipulated weight.
torvix2000
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 31 2009, 03:09 AM) *
Fuck that..Sugar Ray Robinson would weigh 10 lbs smaller than some of his oppenents and not complain about the weight..

Have you ever wondered that Pacquiao will really weigh 10 pounds smaller than Cotto on fight night?
D-MARV
The tug of war is still going for the WBO welterweight title. Miguel Cotto refuses to make it a title fight when he steps in the ring against Manny Pacquiao on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Pacquiao wants the title to be on the line. The fight is scheduled to take place at a catch-weight of 145-pounds and Cotto refuses to defend the title unless Pacquiao agrees to face him at the full welterweight limit of 147. He says Pacquiao can have the title or the catch-weight but he can't have both.

Pacquiao's lawyer Franklin Gacal tried to shift the blame on Top Rank's Bob Arum for announcing the fight before Manny and his team had a chance to review the official contract. He says Cotto is making his stand because the fight is already announced.

"I don't know why Bob made the announcement when in fact we haven't seen the (official) contract," said Gacal to the Manila Bulletin.

Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach told the paper that Manny doesn't need a fight with Cotto if the title is not on the line. He says the WBO should force Cotto to defend the title. The sanctioning body is trying but Cotto has already said that he plans to vacate the title if the WBO tries to force his hand.

"The WBO should make it a title fight. We donít need the fight if the title is not on the line," Roach said. "I want Manny to do this for a reason. I want Manny to win seven world titles. Titles are overrated but I would like to see Manny do this."

If they want the title so bad then fight at 147. They would still win.
JD
Personally I just want to see the fight and could not care less if the title is on the line or not. In principle, I agree that Cotto shouldn't be forced to put his title on the line if it is a catchweight fight, but at the same time, if it is part of the negotiation I really don't care.

I just want to see these two share a ring.
Keith
I just want to see the 2 of them stop bitching.
torvix2000
QUOTE (provo @ Jul 31 2009, 05:08 AM) *

Maybe 145 is not within the range 136-140?
blackbelt2003
Well, for a start it's only a WBO belt, not one of the more recognised ones, so it doesn't really matter if it's on the line or not.

Pac isn't exactly going to be welterweight champion if he wins, is he?

That designation can only really go to Shane Mosley, and to a lesser extent Andre Berto. In fact, those two should hook up after Berto fights Collazo.

Black
KookedKrack
I'm not a big cotto fan but I'm with him 100% on this he won the title at 147 thats the weight it should be defended.
singletrack
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Jul 31 2009, 01:01 PM) *
Well, for a start it's only a WBO belt, not one of the more recognised ones, so it doesn't really matter if it's on the line or not.

Pac isn't exactly going to be welterweight champion if he wins, is he?

That designation can only really go to Shane Mosley, and to a lesser extent Andre Berto. In fact, those two should hook up after Berto fights Collazo.

Black

It's a main belt in my opinion. As long as a legit fighter holds the WBO, then it counts; although the WBO does pull some mickey mouse shit sometimes. Cotto was recognized as the champ at 140, and he held the WBO belt at the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.