Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Jr. "No one can beat me hell im the best ever"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
DavidThaKing
Bossip chopped it up with Floyd Mayweather, Jr. last night for thirty minutes and asked him some serious questions. “Pretty Boy” is set to fight Juan Manuel Marquez on Sept. 19th in Las Vegas, which will be the set up bout for Manny Pacquiao or Miguel Cotto. Floyd has never lost a fight although the others set to fight him… have:

BOSSIP: How goes the training session Pretty Boy?

Floyd: It’s cool, it’s cool…in the gym right now as a matter of fact.

BOSSIP: How is that going?

Floyd: I stay in the gym, nothing new here. Just work!

BOSSIP: Nice…we have some serious questions we would like to ask you, especially since you may go down as the best boxer “EVER.”

Floyd: Ahhh…I read BOSSIP. I hope there is nothing crazy! (hahaa!)

BOSSIP: Nah, nah! We just want to know some things about you, like how you think you stack up to Muhammad Ali?

Floyd: Look BOSSIP, we are from different eras. Muhammad was the greatest of his time, but people forget he lost to Leon Spinks in Spinks’ 8th bout, or something like that. We are two different fighters in two different eras, but I have never lost a fight and have grossed the most ever as a “boxer.”

BOSSIP: So are you saying you are better than Muhammad Ali?(In a different weight class of course)

Floyd: I am just saying that in this era we have similarities like, being flashy, speaking our mind and different things. This is a different time though, and Muhammad was more politically fueled than I am. I talk it, but I am an entertainer. I have never lost, Bossip, and that should be all I have to say.

BOSSIP: Nice. Well, we think you are maybe the greatest “boxer” ever. Why is Pacquiao the #1 Fighter pound for pound when you have never lost and beaten people he struggled with?

Floyd: Come on, you know they always trying to keep a brother down! I don’t know why either. I really don’t care about their rankings. To be honest though, I set up the spares and Pacquiao just comes along and knocks in the last pins. Hatton was undefeated when I beat him, and if you know anything about boxing then you know that after you get your ass kicked like I beat Hatton’s, you are pretty much tainted meat. (no offense to Ricky) Then everybody talks about Oscar being over the hill. Hell, Bossip, I was in my 30’s when we fought, just like him!

BOSSIP: Yeah, we felt the same way. Roger Mayweather is your trainer, but people are saying your dad should be in your corner. Do you want to explain that a little bit?

Floyd: Listen, Roger Mayweather (uncle) has been in my corner since…day one pretty much. We are like Montana and Rice. I love my dad, and he is an “aight” trainer, but I made him an excellent trainer. People think he trained me the whole way and that is why he is so saught after now. My dad has only trained me for two fights. People fail to realize that.

BOSSIP: Is it true you have never drank or smoked a day in your life?

Floyd: Never, and I suggest the same to all black people.

BOSSIP: Commentators and critics have chimed in and tried to explain the reason you are the best fighter ever. That conversation always goes back into you being born in a ring. We are going to ask you our damn selves;”how and why are you so much better than everyone else in boxing?”

Floyd: It’s not that I was born in the ring so I have an advantage over them, although that may have been the case when I was younger. What is making me the best now, Bossip, is my marbles and mentality when it comes to fighting. I stay in the gym, regardless. I don’t need a fight. I am a gym rat. I have never been knocked out and my only knockdown has been controversial. So my mind is in better shape than most boxers. I don’t take that many hits in comparison! They called me a defensive fighter when I was young, and now I have the sharpest mind you can have for a thirty something year old boxer. My folks schooled me on that!

BOSSIP: Damn, Floyd. We hear that Marquez is trying to make this a spiritual fight and God being in his corner?

Floyd: Cool, because my God is in my corner. Yeah, he is right. It is spiritual, but God is in the ring for both of us, not just him.

BOSSIP: But he is training in the mountains…and stuff.

Floyd: Yeah, I heard that, and?

BOSSIP: Well, thanks for your time.

Floyd: No problem man. Y’all my favorite anyways. Oh yeah, we can chop it up weekly while I’m in training camp… if you want. I can update you on how it’s going.

BOSSIP: OK, we will see about that. Maybe we can come to the fight as well… MAYBE do an interview right before the fight?

Floyd: I can make that happen! Now, can you get me on the categories on the right side of the site?

BOSSIP: We will see about that.

Box in Hand
I knew someone was gonna post this crazy ass article, it was only a matter of time. Floyd knows better than that. I believe in having confidence but what is he gonna say if Marquez beats that ass which the more I think about it, could happen?
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 30 2009, 10:39 PM) *
I knew someone was gonna post this crazy ass article, it was only a matter of time. Floyd knows better than that. I believe in having confidence but what is he gonna say if Marquez beats that ass which the more I think about it, could happen?

Man i really fucking hate floyd but he is probably the greatest boxer not fighter but saying this really could destroy him if he loses. As a huge pacquiao fan i wish he would be more humble like pacman coz ppl can't really say that him being born in a ghetto gives him the right to be all angry and shit i mean pacquiao was homeless and at one point had to eat fucking grass yes grass to survive. Thats what makes pacquiao such a good person aswell as a fighter after coming through all these hardships and still be so humble and respectful of all fighters. Im just saying imagine if floyd was humble he would be in such a better place right now and ppl would love him but he act foolish and ppl are fed up of the typical angry kid. I can't believe he said he was the greatest even greater then ali, if it weren't for ali floyd would not be who he is. Floyd and many fighter have modeled themselves of ali with his actions and elusiveness but the difference between ali and floyd is both were and are superior boxers of there generation but ali fought and in most cases beat the best whereas floyd hasn't well not at welterweight anyway, peace.
iron_mike

WTF is that?? Anyone not black go ahead??
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Jul 30 2009, 06:13 PM) *

WTF is that?? Anyone not black go ahead??

You f*ckin' crack me up mike.
The CEO
This interview comes off bogus....it's really unprofessional....
Get0ffdanutzz
Ok, we all know that Money Mayweather is cocky, he has every right to be... Dude never lost, Dude rarely gets hit. His ass knows how to box.

What do you want to hear? That he's truly concerned about Marquez? Never gonna happen- Pretty Boy knows the game, Come Cocky! Show no Fear..

Pretty Boy will outbox JMM... This is such a BS fight.. He truly is the best PfP boxer out there. I love Pac-Man-- But Pac-Man is in his shadow until they finally meet. When they meet Pac-man will come out victorious...

Floyd Always talks about him being the biggest Grossing fighter: Here is why

PPV Prices a lot higher then a decade ago----
More Fight Hype to get people interested thanks to- Espn, the internet, TV (24/7)
Fight against Oscar- Mostly people buying for OScar
Fight against Ricky- due to Ricky's large fan base - Oh plus HBO 24/7 making ricky hattan appear much better then he is. GIving viewers the idea that "hey this guy is pretty good" when he's not.. HBO knows what their doing when they Edit 24/7...
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 30 2009, 07:43 PM) *
This interview comes off bogus....it's really unprofessional....

To me, anymore, it's classic Mayweather...he is unprofessional & a total buffoon in my eyes!
D-MARV
This Interview is about as credible as Gatti commiting suicide.
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2009, 08:56 PM) *
This Interview is about as credible as Gatti commiting suicide.

Why you say that? It sounds exactly like him!
D-MARV
Does this really sound like Floyd?

Floyd: No problem man. Y’all my favorite anyways. Oh yeah, we can chop it up weekly while I’m in training camp… if you want. I can update you on how it’s going.
caneman
No, lolz, but I have heard crazier ish come outta his pie hole!
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 30 2009, 09:07 PM) *
No, lolz, but I have heard crazier ish come outta his pie hole!

I have too... but he rarely praises somebody else.
caneman
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:09 PM) *
I have too... but he rarely praises somebody else.

Very true there man!
DavidThaKing
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:04 PM) *
Does this really sound like Floyd?

http://bossip.com/136838/exclusive-intervi...for-pound-best/
STEVENSKI
This is directed at the idiot interviewer & not at the OP & is more a rant than anything

QUOTE (DavidThaKing @ Jul 30 2009, 10:35 PM) *
BOSSIP: Nah, nah! We just want to know some things about you, like how you think you stack up to Muhammad Ali?

Floyd: Look BOSSIP, we are from different eras. Muhammad was the greatest of his time, but people forget he lost to Leon Spinks in Spinks’ 8th bout, or something like that. We are two different fighters in two different eras, but I have never lost a fight and have grossed the most ever as a “boxer.”

Difference being that Ali was years out of his prime. It does not matter what you grossed either especially when you were the B side to both fights.

BOSSIP: you have never lost and beaten people he struggled with?

Insanity. Considering that their only two common opponents Pac destroyed faster & did not drop a round unlike Floyd this is total insanity.

More racism from Floyd. What is wrong with saying I suggest that to all people why only blacks Floyd?

Rant over

D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 30 2009, 10:13 PM) *
This is directed at the idiot interviewer & not at the OP & is more a rant than anything

Difference being that Ali was years out of his prime. It does not matter what you grossed either especially when you were the B side to both fights.

Insanity. Considering that their only two common opponents Pac destroyed faster & did not drop a round unlike Floyd this is total insanity.

More racism from Floyd. What is wrong with saying I suggest that to all people why only blacks Floyd?

Rant over

Oh here we go! That was not racist at all.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:36 PM) *

Agreed. I think Floyd was getting on his own people that are out there abusing alcohol and cigarettes.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 31 2009, 02:36 AM) *

Well I do think it is racist. Floyd is a racist just like Ali is a racist.

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 31 2009, 02:43 AM) *
Agreed. I think Floyd was getting on his own people that are out there abusing alcohol and cigarettes.

What is this "own people" BS, he is flat out racist & the more he opens his mouth the worse he sounds.
provo
Yeah Mayweathers a Racist! He don't like black people LmaO...
Ca'mon people! Stop all the hating ,the man can say whatever he wants until someone can shut him up and its not going to happen ! The man is one of the greatest BOXERs , not fighter ! I said BOXER and the sport is called BOXING!
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 30 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Well I do think it is racist. Floyd is a racist just like Ali is a racist.

I advise you to do some more research before you spit out you poor, pathetic, stupid-ass, ignorant comments in regards to race. You obviously have NO CLUE.

Coming from someone who has displayed borderline racist shit himself, you sound really stupid when you spit out things like this. You know you're boxing, you should stick to that. In regards to race, you display nothing but ignorance.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 31 2009, 04:21 AM) *
I advise you to do some more research before you spit out you poor, pathetic, stupid-ass, ignorant comments in regards to race. You obviously have NO CLUE.

Coming from someone who has displayed borderline racist shit himself, you sound really stupid when you spit out things like this. You know you're boxing, you should stick to that. In regards to race, you display nothing but ignorance.

Floyd has said racist things publically & although not to the level that a Clay did he has said them. If you are saying them then you are thinking them. Floyd is the one who is ignorant & what is worse is that he seems to get more ignorant with each & every interview he does.

It does not matter if I have said borderline racist things I admit that & will continue to do so it is no big thing to me. I know what I am & who I am & am very comfortable with that.

We best leave it at that because I have been down this path too many times previously.
BigG
Does Floyd really get to people with the things he says laugh.gif

King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Jul 31 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Does Floyd really get to people with the things he says laugh.gif

Apparently. If you dont watch him to see him win you'll damn sure be watching him to see him lose.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 1 2009, 02:54 AM) *
Apparently. If you dont watch him to see him win you'll damn sure be watching him to see him lose.

I watch him but I just won't pay for the misfortune these days. I am a stupid muthafucker as I bought the Gatti, Judah, DLH & Hatton PPV's but I have learnt my lesson.
Fadetwist
I really believe that PBF is just talking smack for publicity Ali style. It might have filled alot of seats and PPV buys in the past. The problem is times have changed. No one can deny his skill in the ring but its his PR that really has me booing him.
Its really too late for him to change his tactics because in the public eye he will always be an A-hole.

Nowadays with the economy, people losing jobs and the fear of the world going to the toilet people are looking for inspirational fighters that they can root for like Manny.

Its like when the great depression happened everyone was rooting for James Braddock because he inspired the downtrodden and gave them hope.

You are a great champ PBF, but you are not the "People's Champ".
torvix2000
QUOTE (Fadetwist @ Aug 4 2009, 08:15 AM) *
Nowadays with the economy, people losing jobs and the fear of the world going to the toilet people are looking for inspirational fighters that they can root for like Manny.

NO! Pacquiao is more gay than Gayweather!!! He is cherry picking Cotto!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.