Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random things...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
I've been watch a lot of film of Carl Froch and I have to admit, he's quite impressive. I'm still sticking to my upset pick, Andre Dirrell, but Froch has a really good chance of winning the tournament.

I also been studying some Sugar Ray Leonard stuff and he was quite gay!

After watching his career set I now rate Roberto Duran #2 ALL TIME behind SRR.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 31 2009, 03:42 AM) *

Ray Leonard was a incredibly gifted boxer who made Pac's demands look like a joke.

Good to see you have a healthy respect for Duran. He is one of the greatest fighters in history no doubt.
Fitz
Haven't seen much of Froch, though I saw his fight with Taylor about 2 weeks ago. Didn't really impress me one bit, other than he is pretty tough.
ROLL DEEP
Froch is a decent fighter. Never really lives up to his true skill potential as he lets himself get drawn into a slug fest all the time, which is great for fight fans as he's always in good fights, but could be damaging to his career.

SRL did come across as a bit of a homo at times, haha. He does have a gay streak that seems to flash up every now and again laugh.gif

Duran was BADASS. Love watching him fight.
King Eugene
Leonard gave Duran the SHITS!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 31 2009, 03:08 AM) *

If you said Leonard gave him the SHITS,I wonder what you call what Hearns did to him then..haha..More like some explosive RUNS..

Duran is great but to rate him at number 2 is too much for me..I'd pick Willie Pep or Benny Leonard over Duran P4P..
Keith
When I here about who are the supposed #1 p4p fighters all time, I always wince a bit because it seems to me that old fighters tend to get the nod. Just take heavyweights as a prime example... people pretty much agree its Joe Louis and Ali. If you said Lennox Lewis and or W. Klitschko people will probably look at you funny. SRR certainly deserves the claim as #1 pfp but imo its akin to claiming Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player. Babe Ruth was an all time great in so many ways, but is he really a better player then Albert Pujos? I think its damn near impossible to annoit 1 guy the GOAT. I know its coming so let the hate roll in......
leonthegee
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 31 2009, 12:08 AM) *

dude that joke was fucked up. but funny as shit. lol. i felt like an uncletom for laughing. lol asshole.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:42 PM) *
I've been watch a lot of film of Carl Froch and I have to admit, he's quite impressive. I'm still sticking to my upset pick, Andre Dirrell, but Froch has a really good chance of winning the tournament.

Froch is better than people give him credit for.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 31 2009, 08:41 AM) *
Froch is better than people give him credit for.

If he is that good, shouldn't we be giving Jermaine Taylor some due to? I mean, he took Froch to the brink of his first loss.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 31 2009, 10:18 AM) *
If he is that good, shouldn't we be giving Jermaine Taylor some due to? I mean, he took Froch to the brink of his first loss.

That arguement would hold strong if Taylor didn't get knocked the fuck out.
JD
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 31 2009, 10:18 AM) *

Jermain fought a damn good fight against (in fairness) a sluggish version of Froch. When Taylor is at his best, he can be a problem - but with a guy like Froch who can take it and continue to come on, JT will always wilt late.
torvix2000
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 31 2009, 09:08 AM) *

I thought Leonard fought at a catchweight, too?
JLUVBABY
if taylor can stay focused he is a threat to any fighter in the tournament... i dont pick him to win but wouldnt be surprised if he some how put things together and won the thing... again im not picking him to win the tournament but i wouldnt be surprised...
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 31 2009, 06:08 AM) *
If you said Leonard gave him the SHITS,I wonder what you call what Hearns did to him then..haha..More like some explosive RUNS..

Spyder
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:42 PM) *

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 31 2009, 06:08 AM) *
Duran is great but to rate him at number 2 is too much for me..I'd pick Willie Pep or Benny Leonard over Duran P4P..

No love for Homicide Hank?
JLUVBABY
an old school fighter that seems to get lost in the all time ranking wars is the great joe gans... he was a defensive wizard... all time great lightweight for sure...
D-MARV
IMO, Erislandy Lara is a future P4P player.

Laid a few bucks on a Junior Witter mild upset

Pavlik may be screwed if the PWill fight does not happen. Sturm-Winky are in talks, Martinez will fight a Mandatory. That leaves Pavllik with a Top Rank PPV date against Mora. Heyman knows this and that's the reason he is milking Arum for every penny he ca get. I hope PWILL takes the damn fight. Easy money.
JD
Pavlik will end up fighting Winky if the Williams deal does not happen...Wright will make more and not have to go to Germany in a more meaningful fight.

If Williams team keeps pushing, he will end up fighting Dzinziruk is a fight no one will be interested in.

Williams should just take the 1.75 mill guarantee.
torvix2000
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 31 2009, 05:16 AM) *
Ray Leonard was a incredibly gifted boxer who made Pac's demands look like a joke.

I thought he enganged in a catchweight, too?
D-MARV
-Juan Manuel Lopez has grabbed his nuts and said that he will fight Caballero in January.

-6 weeks out and I read reports that Arreola is weighing 300 pounds. NOT a good look.

-Adamek-Hopkins talks are going again. Easy win for B-Hop!

-Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this BUT Alexander-Bradley needs to happen ASAP. Campbell just has to wait.
JD
The whole nutritionist / weight-trainer shtick was bullshit. Arreola is just not a dude that can stay in shape. He is going to get abused by Klitschko...this has cash-out written all over it.
Romulus9
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 8 2009, 07:05 PM) *
The whole nutritionist / weight-trainer shtick was bullshit. Arreola is just not a dude that can stay in shape. He is going to get abused by Klitschko...this has cash-out written all over it.

Brutal, sustained beating.
Method
Froch is garbage.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 9 2009, 10:03 AM) *
Froch is garbage.

Pretty much.
MarzB
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 9 2009, 11:28 AM) *
Pretty much.

I third that. His style is very straight up and down. He's very easy to hit. I think what he has that bodes very well for him is he's very tough.

Jermain Taylor and Oscar Dela Hoya must have the same gills,lol the way they both fade late in fights. All Jermain had to do was just keep outboxing Froch and he would have had an easy UD.
D-MARV
Froch is being underrated here.
Keith
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 9 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Froch is being underrated here.

2nd that. He wore JT down. When he needed it, he came up big.
D-MARV
I've been watching a lot of film on Froch and he is legit. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he won the whole Tournament.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 9 2009, 05:39 PM) *
All Jermain had to do was just keep outboxing Froch and he would have had an easy UD.

But he did not did he. Froch is undefeated & there must be some kind of reason for that as you don't get to his level remaining undefeated by being garbage do you?
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 9 2009, 01:58 PM) *
I've been watching a lot of film on Froch and he is legit. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he won the whole Tournament.

Agreed.

Froch is a legit fighter, and the Taylor fight was actually not one of his better performances.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 9 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Agreed.

Froch is a legit fighter, and the Taylor fight was actually not one of his better performances.

I read in a interview that it had something to do with the time adjustment.
Romulus9
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 9 2009, 06:40 PM) *
But he did not did he. Froch is undefeated & there must be some kind of reason for that as you don't get to his level remaining undefeated by being garbage do you?

Hatton managed to do it before being exposed.

It'll happen to Froch too. I don't see him making the semifinals.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 9 2009, 06:45 PM) *
I read in a interview that it had something to do with the time adjustment.

I had mentioned the same thing to you previously. He basically did not sleep much at all while here.
The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 9 2009, 06:49 PM) *

Ain't THAT the truth...

As far as Froch being garbage or not...allow me to go deeper...

Super Middleweight is garbage. Always was and always will be...

Yes...that means when Ward, who I LIKE, wins this tourney......he will The King of The Garbage.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 9 2009, 10:49 PM) *

Hatton was not "exposed" by any means. He was outboxed a weight class above his preferred weight by a master boxer & knocked out against a fast skilled southpaw punching machine because he fought a stupid fight. That is not exposed that is getting caught by the two best P4P fighters at the time.

Exposed is what Jeff Lacy was when Calzaghe fought him.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 9 2009, 07:13 PM) *
I had mentioned the same thing to you previously. He basically did not sleep much at all while here.

I remember and I thought you were full of shit. My Badd! I decided to educate myself a bit since. You were right.
JD
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 9 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I remember and I thought you were full of shit. My Badd! I decided to educate myself a bit since. You were right.

LOL...all good.

Method
Froch is garbage.
JD
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 10 2009, 08:14 AM) *
Froch is garbage.

Yes...you and I have gone through this multiple times already. You and I will not agree here. Froch ain't garbage, he just doesn't possess the skillset you deem necessary to be a top fighter. And if you are going solely off the JT fight, you aren't really giving the guy enough of a look.
D-MARV
I think many people are going off of the Taylor fight.

I'm starting to think the the Pascal victory is underrated. Pascal just may be the best Light Heavyweight in the world right now.
King Eugene
Tell you the truth I'd love to see Pascal vs. Dawson in Montreal! That would be huge up there.
D-MARV
Pascal may beat Dawson. Would be a great fight though.
King Eugene
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 10 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Pascal may beat Dawson. Would be a great fight though.

Hmmm I'd have to go with Dawson in this one. He's more proven than Pascal. Pascal is a tough cat though, went head to head with Froch, and boxed circles around The Shark but I dont think he would be able to do the same with Dawson. Dawson is just as fast and has better technique. Its a pick'em fight though.
D-MARV
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 10 2009, 05:52 PM) *
Hmmm I'd have to go with Dawson in this one. He's more proven than Pascal. Pascal is a tough cat though, went head to head with Froch, and boxed circles around The Shark but I dont think he would be able to do the same with Dawson. Dawson is just as fast and has better technique. Its a pick'em fight though.

Pascal has the better chin and can bang a bit. Dawson may have the advantage in overall skill set but It would be interesting to see what would happen if they engage in war. 50/50 fight in my opinion
JD
Pascal is nasty...I would have loved to see him in the Super Middle Tourney, but he only stayed one more fight after Froch because he wanted the Diacanou fight for a title at Light Heavy in Montreal.
King Eugene
50/50 I can accept. Wouldn't it be great if this fight built up into a mega fight next year. Thing is it wont cause I dont think any of the big names will fight Pascal to give him a name to the casual fans and the LHW division isn't exactly the hottest at the moment.
D-MARV
Dawson has Johnson next then maybe Hopkins... I would assume Pascal would be next in line. Like you mentioned, Pascal-Dawson would do well in Canada, there's really no other "money" options left for Dawson.
D-MARV
Didn't get a chance to watch the Lacy fight last night but heard Roy put on a really good performance. I'm sure it had MORE to do with Lacy then anything else. I was just thinking though, What if Calzaghe never recovered from that punch Roy caught him with in the first round?
D-MARV
Saw some pics from the presser today and PWill is definitely taller than Pavlik LOL...

I saw Berto's twitter page a few days ago and it mentioned a Berto-Mayweather fight was being looked at. Good Call JD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.