Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which was the better Boxing Trilogy in Recent Years?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
I was reading on ESPN where Rafael was talking about how there won't be a 4th Vasquez/Marquez fight (from the way it looks) and he called that trilogy the best in boxing history.

Which one do you think was better, and why?
D-MARV
Rafael Marquez vs. Israel Vasquez without a doubt.
leonthegee
rafa and izzy.
STEVENSKI
Personally I am a fan of Morales vs Barerra.
Fitz
Morales-Barrera. Definitely thought this one was better than Marquez-Vasquez.
torvix2000
Vasquez vs Marquez. P4P damage per round.
Byrd Man
I've never seen the Vasquez/Marquez fights. Sadly enough.

BOX IN HANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND! lol
Keith
Barrera vs. Morales. They hated each other. Imo they were slightly higher caliber fighters then izzy vaz.
King Eugene
I like the Barerra vs. Morales trilogy. It was more than a slugfest. A lot of skill being put on display in those three fights.
Fitz
That was basically my reasoning, that keith and king used. They displayed a higher level of skill.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 31 2009, 07:48 PM) *
I've never seen the Vasquez/Marquez fights. Sadly enough.

BOX IN HANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND! lol

Man, did I miss something?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 31 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Man, did I miss something?

lol, nah. Was just joking, figuring since I already hit you up for that Gatti/Ward fight .... heh heh.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 31 2009, 09:05 PM) *
lol, nah. Was just joking, figuring since I already hit you up for that Gatti/Ward fight .... heh heh.

Oh dang man, I got that trilogy. Let me see what I can do and I'll get it out to you in a week or two.
Spyder
Rafa and Izzy was a lot of fun to watch, but MAB/Morales was a little more technical. Both of them were higher up on the P4P scale as well.

The CEO
MAB-EM easy for me...
Byrd Man
just going on the only one I've seen, I'll give it to Gatti/Ward. lol

And thanks Box....you da man. AGAIN!
JLUVBABY
i giv the ish. marq. fight my nod due to the all out furosity the fights had... at every moment they where out to rip each others heads off... but i can see why someone would pick berrara vs. morrales as well... they where excellent fights with a lot more skill displayed...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 31 2009, 05:56 PM) *
I like the Barerra vs. Morales trilogy. It was more than a slugfest. A lot of skill being put on display in those three fights.

My thinking also. But i have to say the Vasquez-Marquez trilogy was a way brutal and bloody and vicious war. But my hats with Morales-Barrera because of the skill and hatred for each other, plus those fights were way vicious.
Snoop
It's either MAB/Morales or Vasquez/Marquez for me. Much higher level of skill displayed in these two than Gatti/Ward. I'd have to watch them both again to make a decision though. But being that one of the Vasquez/Marquez fights was stopped on a injury, I just leave feeling less fulfilled. Plus, MAB/Morales still hate each other to this day don't they? That always adds to a triology.
kidbazooka1
I say it's a pick em between Marquez/Vasquez and Morales/Barrera.
BigG
No contest...MAB-EM....best trilogy in HISTORY, imo...
Fadetwist
Gatti Vs Ward
Nothing better than brawlers fighting + trilogy = Awesome
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.