Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward is gonna school Kessler.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
The CEO
That is all...I don't care what Fitz says...

Romulus9
Ward's gonna win the tournament. He may not come out of it unscathed but he's going to win the whole deal.

On a side note, how much would it take to get Antonio Tarver to get into the cage and fight Fedor or Lesnar? Make that happen soon. I can't STAND HIM.
The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 31 2009, 11:31 PM) *
Ward's gonna win the tournament. He may not come out of it unscathed but he's going to win the whole deal.

On a side note, how much would it take to get Antonio Tarver to get into the cage and fight Fedor or Lesnar? Make that happen soon. I can't STAND HIM.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Is that old hate?...or did Tarver do something lately to make you wish that upon him..?

and for the record...I think Ward's gonna win it too...it's all about The Pedigree.
D-MARV
If Ward's chin can hold up then he has a chance. He's the most skilled out of anyone in the tournament.
JD
I think I like Kessler in this one.

At first I liked Ward, but I am starting to lean toward Kessler.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 31 2009, 11:31 PM) *

thumbsup_anim.gif
http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...3502&st=240

No one hates Tarver more than me! NO ONE!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 31 2009, 11:46 PM) *
I think I like Kessler in this one.

At first I liked Ward, but I am starting to lean toward Kessler.

You gotta trust me on this one, JD....it's rare I make a vocal, convinced pick like this....

Kessler can't handle a versatile, pure boxer like Ward...he will get befuddled and go into FERM (Full Euro Robot Mode) mid fight like he did against the pure, champion slapboxer, Calzaghe.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 31 2009, 11:07 PM) *
You gotta trust me on this one, JD....it's rare I make a vocal, convinced pick like this....

Kessler can't handle a versatile, pure boxer like Ward...he will get befuddled and go into FERM (Full Euro Robot Mode) mid fight like he did against the pure, champion slapboxer, Calzaghe.

rofl!!! champion slap boxer....lol!!!!! that was a good one...
DavidThaKing
yall are crazy 'King' Arthur Abraham is going to win if not him then Andre Dirrell

Ward will probably beat Kessler but somebody going to knock him out

Taylor will probably get knocked out a couple times

Froch is going to get knocked out by Kessler and Abraham

Andre Dirrel got skills and if he lose it will be to Ward or Abraham

but Abraham is going to beat everybody
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jul 31 2009, 11:36 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Is that old hate?...or did Tarver do something lately to make you wish that upon him..?

and for the record...I think Ward's gonna win it too...it's all about The Pedigree.

Old hate that abides. It's not leaving.

My DVD of his embarrassment at the hands of B-Hop is like sunshine on a cloudy day.
Spyder
My pick fpr the tournament is the OTHER Andre...Andre "The Matrix" Dirrell!

Remember I said that shit...I know I have a 1 in 6 chance of being right, but I'm calling that shit right now!

laugh.gif
King Eugene
I think its going to be between one of the Andre's to win this one. If not one of them I'm going with Abraham.
Fitz
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 1 2009, 02:07 PM) *

Kessler can handle a mover. People may laugh and if I was using this reference and it happened this year, I would too, but when the fight did take place and he did fight Mundine. He was a very good mover, very quick and Kessler handled him just fine. Mundine back then was a pretty good fighter and I don't care what anybody says now about him getting knocked out by Ottke or they don't know him. You just need to take my word for it, lol.
I'm telling you, I think you under estimate Kessler. Not sure who wins this fight though, as I have seen little of Ward. I'm more just commenting on you constantly selling him short, when he isn't terrible by any means.
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 1 2009, 04:16 AM) *
Kessler can handle a mover. People may laugh and if I was using this reference and it happened this year, I would too, but when the fight did take place and he did fight Mundine. He was a very good mover, very quick and Kessler handled him just fine. Mundine back then was a pretty good fighter and I don't care what anybody says now about him getting knocked out by Ottke or they don't know him. You just need to take my word for it, lol.
I'm telling you, I think you under estimate Kessler. Not sure who wins this fight though, as I have seen little of Ward. I'm more just commenting on you constantly selling him short, when he isn't terrible by any means.

He isn't terrible...but he's one of the most overrated fighters of this decade.....his greatest achievement is losing to Calzaghe...that says it all.

Speaking of Slappy...the Calzaghe faithful must be extremely nervous over this tourney...for they have built Kessler up to God status from 160-175...and if Kessler doesn't win the whole thing and/or get handled...it's gonna hit Joe's bullshit legacy HARD.

and Mundine is a pure Rugby player...lol....he's athletic and quick and all...but he's not a pure boxer with an American Olympic Gold Medal like Ward....

Seriously...Kessler's been fighting bums and on ice for so long, it's quite possible he's squandered a fleeting prime...he's ripe for the picking.

JD
I actually think Froch winning it would be the worst thing for Cazlaghe fans.

Calling him out all this time...mocking him and continuously being disregarded.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 1 2009, 03:52 PM) *
and Mundine is a pure Rugby player...lol....he's athletic and quick and all...but he's not a pure boxer with an American Olympic Gold Medal like Ward....

Shut up CEO he was a 2nd rate Rugby League player. Nothing pure about that son of a bitch at all.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 1 2009, 11:03 AM) *
I actually think Froch winning it would be the worst thing for Cazlaghe fans.

Calling him out all this time...mocking him and continuously being disregarded.

That would be bad for them too...no doubt...but if Kessler looks bad, we can really take it to the Calzagheans...

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 1 2009, 11:05 AM) *
Shut up CEO he was a 2nd rate Rugby League player. Nothing pure about that son of a bitch at all.

He was 2nd rate?...doesn't surprise me...Mundine doesn't even occur to me when I think about boxers...he's like the only fighter I'll probably never use on Fight Night...lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 1 2009, 03:10 PM) *
He was 2nd rate?...doesn't surprise me...Mundine doesn't even occur to me when I think about boxers...he's like the only fighter I'll probably never use on Fight Night...lol

Use him as a sparring partner & punching bag. I do.
JonnyBlaze
I think the winner of the Ward/Kessler fight will win the tournament..I kinda wish they put Ward and Dirrell in together first..To throw Ward in against Kessler right away may not go to well for Ward..Ward has yet to fight a elite fighter in my opinion..I don't consider Miranda an elite,especially since he has been ruined since Pavlik..Ward only has 19 fights right now..I'd like to see him with like 23-25 before fighting Kessler..
JLUVBABY
my pic for the tourney is andre ward... to me he is a poor mans roy jones.. i think he has the goods...
The CEO
Oh my BUMP I'm drunk...lol

This is my Pick of The Year, fellas....mortgage money ON WARD.
Spyder
Damn, now THAT'S confidence. I'm not that confident in Ward yet. He's fast and skilled, but I'm still not sold on his durability.

My pick for the MORTGAGE is...Andre "The Matrix" Dirrell.
The CEO
Spyder....I know you think Ward's tender....but the Spaten Oktoberfest Ur-Marzen and I wouldn't lie to you....Ward's got Kessler covered and has the best Boxing genes of the 6 fighters in this thing...

Can't believe you got "The Matrix" to win it all...lol...."The Matrix"...dude needs a fresh nickname...that shit's played out.
Douchebag
I got Direll also I just like his mentality better than the Ward's.
Spyder
Dirrell has a better mental makeup AND the more complete skillset. He is just an overall, more complete fighter.
pacco_diablo
Tough tough call between Ward and Dirrell. Tough call. Dirrell has some advantages. He's a natural southpaw that can fight orthadox but he's also a brawler and relies more on his reflexes than Ward does, which can work for or against him. He's also from Flint, and ya'll know what Roger Mayweather says about fighters from the midwest.

I'm leaning slightly toward Dirrell but damn its almost a coin flip.

WindyCityP
Wow such disregard for Kessler? The man had a real good fight vs JC. Landed more wicked and effective shots then Bhop and RJJ combined besides the 2 flash kd's. Who has Ward been in the ring with that makes you think he can hang with the best of 168? Skill alone doesnt win fights, experience is what counts alomst as much. I'll take Kessler at 168 right now.
Fitz
QUOTE (WindyCityP @ Oct 1 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Wow such disregard for Kessler? The man had a real good fight vs JC. Landed more wicked and effective shots then Bhop and RJJ combined besides the 2 flash kd's.

Finally, someone who saw the same fight I did. I have often said, that maybe on the scorecards Kessler wasn't as close, but he gave Calzaghe a much tougher fight than Hopkins did and landed more than them.
Spyder
Flash knock downs? lol

Joe C admitted that he was hurt.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 1 2009, 12:27 AM) *
Finally, someone who saw the same fight I did. I have often said, that maybe on the scorecards Kessler wasn't as close, but he gave Calzaghe a much tougher fight than Hopkins did and landed more than them.

I don't know what fight you guys saw but Hopkins was by and far a tougher fight for Calzaghe. I thought Calzaghe won the fight but Hopkins does have his case. Either way, Hopkins was a tough outing. Kessler was competitive for the first 7 or 8 rounds but I thought Calzaghe pulled away late.
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 1 2009, 11:31 PM) *
I don't know what fight you guys saw but Hopkins was by and far a tougher fight for Calzaghe. I thought Calzaghe won the fight but Hopkins does have his case. Either way, Hopkins was a tough outing. Kessler was competitive for the first 7 or 8 rounds but I thought Calzaghe pulled away late.

Once again you missed the point. I thought Hopkins was closer on the scorecards, but Kessler pushed Calzaghe much harder, landed more and harder than Hopkins did.
Fitz
When I say tougher, I mean physically and more demanding, not on the cards.
kidbazooka1
I was or better yet am Wards biggest critic when he turned pro i so badley wanted him to take the boxing world by storm being that he's from my hometown. But after watching his first few fights i was disappointed big time seeing him get wobbled by feather fisted fighters and coasting to wins but latley he's been looking a litttle better. I think he's gained the needed confidence now to compete with the big boys though i have to admit im still weary of that chin.
Imperius3
I feel confident that Kessler and Abraham will make it to the finals. I predict Abraham to win it all.
The CEO
QUOTE (WindyCityP @ Sep 30 2009, 11:53 PM) *
Wow such disregard for Kessler? The man had a real good fight vs JC. Landed more wicked and effective shots then Bhop and RJJ combined besides the 2 flash kd's. Who has Ward been in the ring with that makes you think he can hang with the best of 168? Skill alone doesnt win fights, experience is what counts alomst as much. I'll take Kessler at 168 right now.

I think you're lettin' The Calzagheans and Kesslerites from somewhere else influence you, P....lol

Kessler is one of the most overrated fighters of this DECADE....he's right up there with DLH and Hatton.

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Oct 1 2009, 09:31 AM) *

More like the first 5 rounds....clean and clear win for Calzaghe.
JD
I am 50 / 50 on this fight.

The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 3 2009, 10:29 AM) *
Haha, isn't that a little excesive? He is barely spoken about.

No...lol....it's not...I've told you this before...

all The Calzagheans and Kesslerites on other forums

They make that momma's boy out to be Beowulf or somethin'...it's DISGUSTING.

I want to quarantine all of his superfans and nuke them into dust....
PR316
I'll take Kessler because of his experience and power. Ward is the more talented of the two but this will be his first big fight. Kessler has been on the big stage before.

I like Taylor over Abraham via clear decision. JT will probably have to overcome a late rounds surge from Abraham and possibly a knockdown but I see him banking enough early rounds that even in GERMANY they will not be able to rob him.
Spyder
Kessler is one of the most overrated fighters of this DECADE....he's right up there with DLH and Hatton.

Kessler is not just tough...he's DANISH tough.

Don't let those fluffy pastries fool you.
moscow bear
you guys still believe that Ward will win the whole thing? wink.gif
The CEO
Why wouldn't we?....did the winners' performances insinuate they can outbox Ward or something?....lol....last night only REINFORCED the Ward pick....

Expect some payback too....Kessler is gonna HAVE to stop Ward in Oakland to win that fight.

Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Oct 18 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Why wouldn't we?....did the winners' performances insinuate they can outbox Ward or something?....lol....last night only REINFORCED the Ward pick....

Expect some payback too....Kessler is gonna HAVE to stop Ward in Oakland to win that fight.

And why would that be?

Look, I rewatched the fight this afternoon and although I still think Dirrell just edged it, it was close and very difficult to score. Dirrell only has himself to blame for not taking that fight by the scruff and taking the decision. Froch was there to be beaten. He looked poor last night but Dirrell certainly wasn't anything special either. In fact I think Arthur will destroy him and Froch.

Kessler-Ward is interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Ward in his first real test against a genuinely difficult to beat top super middle but I hope we won't be witnessing some kinda tit-for-tat bad decisions....that would only make a mockery of the tournament and boxing in general.
Vodoo
I agree that Kessler is being handed the S6 trophey a little too prematurely. For one thing he's been off forever and has a lot of rust. And please don't bring up that lame as fight he had a couple months ago. That dude offered no kind of threat to Kessler and didn't give him anything. Still I'd be surprised to see Ward not get KO'd when he matches up against Kessler, but it would be a big twist up for the tournament if the almighty favored Kessler loses his first bout.
The Original MrFactor
Ward is in no way gonna win it all. He'll have his hands full with Kessler. Kessler is by far more polished than Ward. I see it as a decision either way. Abraham will win it all...
kidbazooka1
Ward has the superior boxing skill but i don't know if he has the heart, chin and power needed to take it all.

My pick is either Kessler or Abraham.
streetlion1
I agree Ward is gonna school Kessler. Its a good thing its here too is that right? I dont wanna see another Dirrell-Fraud situation!!
King Eugene
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 19 2009, 02:26 PM) *
I agree Ward is gonna school Kessler. Its a good thing its here too is that right? I dont wanna see another Dirrell-Fraud situation!!

Co-sign!

I dont think any of these fights should have been on either fighters turf. Too easy to blame a victory on a hometown decision.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Jul 31 2009, 10:40 PM) *
If Ward's chin can hold up then he has a chance. He's the most skilled out of anyone in the tournament.

My thoughts exactly. Like I said in another thread, Abraham, Froch, Taylor, and Dirrell all suck. I know they are some of the best in the division but the division is not that good. Kessler and Ward are the top two if you ask me.
Spyder
I'm pulling HARD for Ward to beat down Kessler. I hope you're right about him CEO...

aggressive.gif
The CEO
It's The Pick of The Year, brother.......sorry about Dirrell......he did a few things wrong, but he DEFINITELY did enough to take it from the "champion" in his hometown.

Last I heard, they're not releasing the punchstats for that fight...lol....you can literally smell the bias and corruption from Europe all the way over here....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.