Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@8PM (CST) Bradley vs. Campbell/Alexander vs. Witter
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going and post-fight comments on the fight tonight.

Jack

Administrator
The CEO
Might do some chattin' tonight for this one...come to the FH Chat Room...you can get there by clicking the tab near the top of the page....
MarzB
I'm almost as excited as a BIG fight for this card tonight. Great matchmaking.

My predictions. It's do or die for Junior Witter and if he fights with that mentality he'll have too much experience and savvy for a Devon Alexander. After I saw what Dev did to Chop Chop, I've really followed his career and he's probably one of my favorite prospects now. Should he win, he won't be a prospect any longer.

This could be a very boring tactical fight or an intriguing chess matchup. I'm hoping for the latter. Regardless this is a HUGE test for Dev here who has NOTHING to lose here which doesn't bode well for Junior. He can take more risk. I'm really conflicted here but I'm going to root for Junior here but wouldn't be surprised if Dev gets it. I'll be decisive and say Witter 116-111 where there are spots that Dev looks great.

Very good main event. What Bradley lacks in power he makes up in conditioning and stamina. Nate is one of my favorite fighters though and I love the way he test himself. This will be an action packed fight with bradley's relentless pressure combined with Nate's penchant to time his opponents well. First half of the fight Bradley will sweep through and then later there will be a sudden tide steaming Nate's way. Nate will go to the body a lot early sacrificing rounds to take so steam out of Bradley.

I got Nate Campbell winning a split decision here.
naturesexpress
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 1 2009, 08:55 PM) *
I'm almost as excited as a BIG fight for this card tonight. Great matchmaking.

My predictions. It's do or die for Junior Witter and if he fights with that mentality he'll have too much experience and savvy for a Devon Alexander. After I saw what Dev did to Chop Chop, I've really followed his career and he's probably one of my favorite prospects now. Should he win, he won't be a prospect any longer.

This could be a very boring tactical fight or an intriguing chess matchup. I'm hoping for the latter. Regardless this is a HUGE test for Dev here who has NOTHING to lose here which doesn't bode well for Junior. He can take more risk. I'm really conflicted here but I'm going to root for Junior here but wouldn't be surprised if Dev gets it. I'll be decisive and say Witter 116-111 where there are spots that Dev looks great.

Very good main event. What Bradley lacks in power he makes up in conditioning and stamina. Nate is one of my favorite fighters though and I love the way he test himself. This will be an action packed fight with bradley's relentless pressure combined with Nate's penchant to time his opponents well. First half of the fight Bradley will sweep through and then later there will be a sudden tide steaming Nate's way. Nate will go to the body a lot early sacrificing rounds to take so steam out of Bradley.

I got Nate Campbell winning a split decision here.

naturesexpress
Bradley in a unanimous decision.
MarzB
Are you fucking kidding me??

Wow!!! Junior Witter make sure you have your passport and please leave immediately. He needs to go into exile and never be heard from again..

The "Quitter" jokes write themselves. UNREAL..

Congrats to Devon..
Big Slim Sweet
Glad to see Junior Witter go out like that. Never liked this dude one bit.

So long Mel, have a good trip.
The CEO
and just when I think this margarita couldn't taste better....Witter QUITS....lol...............God that's good.
D-MARV
Fuck Witter!

I have a funny feeling that Nate Campbell is gonna Knock Bradley out. We'll see.
Big Slim Sweet
Bradley looks nervous.
Box in Hand
Campbell has broke my heart.
Big Slim Sweet
Fuck this shit.

CEO, the saison was pretty nice.

FUCK!!!!
Big Slim Sweet
That should read the saison IS pretty nice. I was pacing it for 12 fuckin rounds.

Fuck me I'm upset. I'm gonna go choke my dog.
Box in Hand
We need a Do Over. Head butt.
The CEO
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Aug 1 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Fuck this shit.

CEO, the saison was pretty nice.

FUCK!!!!

I'll look into that Saison myself then...

Nate was outmatched tonight...it should have been deemed a butt....but I think the TKO is gonna stick....Bradley is a Showtime favorite.
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 1 2009, 10:41 PM) *
We need a Do Over. Head butt.

It was a head butt but Nate quit IMO thinking it was automatic when nothing is auto in boxing! I am really glad witter got beat too!
Thegreatequalizer
that was total bullshit. that official was terrible. if he saw the cut, why didn't he let the doctor look at it? it totally should have been a no decision. and what was the deal with bradley's emotive victory celebration? give me a break.
caneman
The doc did look @ it & Nate said I can not see over & over! Nate was gonna lose & he knew it & took the easy way out thinking it was an automatic re match! lol!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 1 2009, 09:59 PM) *
It was a head butt but Nate quit IMO thinking it was automatic when nothing is auto in boxing! I am really glad witter got beat too!

It did look like Nate figured he was in over his head which is strange cause he's a true fighter. I still think there needs to be a rematch because that was a bad call.

By the way, All hail Vida Guerra and that magnificent booty.
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 1 2009, 11:03 PM) *
It did look like Nate figured he was in over his head which is strange cause he's a true fighter. I still think there needs to be a rematch because that was a bad call.

By the way, All hail Vida Guerra and that magnificent booty.

Yea that's fine with me!!! I got Bradley by stoppage next time too! Co sign on Vida...if I could rub on her booty for 10 seconds, it would take 15 minutes to clean it all up! LOLZ!
BigG
I'm so upset at the result of Bradley-Campbell..

Few things...

-Bradley was going to win either way, IMO...
-But Nate quitting claiming he was unable to see after only 3 rounds...ugghhhh..rematch please.

Bradley did his job though and headbutt was accidental.
True-Boxing-Fan
Campbell was in way over his head tonight. I think he took the easy way out instead of trying to grind it out and it backfired on him. But to tell you the truth thats typical Nate Campbell. I think some people gave Nate WAY to much credit. Campbell a good fighter but far from elite and Bradley showed that. Bradley has a very good upside. He's the real deal. How about Campbell fight V. Ortiz next in the battle of quiters.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 1 2009, 09:25 PM) *
I'm so upset at the result of Bradley-Campbell..

Few things...

-Bradley was going to win either way, IMO...
-But Nate quitting claiming he was unable to see after only 3 rounds...ugghhhh..rematch please.

Bradley did his job though and headbutt was accidental.

Sorry but Nate doesnt deserve a rematch. He'll just get beaten again and i dont want to see that again.
Spyder
This is very typical of Nate Campbell's career...he'll look great for a fight, then have a shitload of disappointing shit happen, then do something else good to make us forget how much he disappointed us.

He tried to play the system tonight, and it fucked him. The decision should get overturned, but I doubt that we'll see a rematch. Too many other fish for Bradley to fry.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Aug 2 2009, 05:27 AM) *
I think some people gave Nate WAY to much credit. Campbell a good fighter but far from elite and Bradley showed that.

Nate Campbell will be forever remembered for getting knocked out by Robbie Peden twice.
Jack 1000
Postfight Comments:

On Alexander-"Quitter": Congrats to Devon, he did very well. Strange to see Witter quit. Devon was easily winning the first 5 rounds, but I thought Witter did OK in the next two or so. He looked old in there, but we have seen fighters fight on taking far worse than that. Did they say what was wrong with Witter?

On Bradley-Campbell: Bullshit call by the ref as it was CLEARLY an accidental head-butt that caused the cut. What was the fairly recent fight in California that was overturned on a ref error? Was it a James Toney fight? I can't remember. I would appeal this verdict for sure.

Jack
salvador
Totally disappointing night all the way around. That said, both Alexander and Bradley came to impress and did. I'm looking forward to seeing them both again.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 2 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Postfight Comments:

On Bradley-Campbell: Bullshit call by the ref as it was CLEARLY an accidental head-butt that caused the cut. What was the fairly recent fight in California that was overturned on a ref error? Was it a James Toney fight? I can't remember. I would appeal this verdict for sure.

Jack

accidental butt or not can you argue that nate tried to take the easy way out?.. instead of being smart and letting the ring doc examine his cut and working the system he jumps up and runs to the ref. and tells the ref he cant see... he knew he was about to get his hat served to him and wanted a way out... the ref obliged him and gave bradley his tko on the cut... i for one dont want to see a repeat of that fight.. bradley will win again and the next time by clean knockout.. really no need for a rematch imo... nate can work his way back up the rankings and earn another shot... lets see bradley go on to bigger things... nate looked like damaged goods last night...
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2009, 01:07 AM) *
This is very typical of Nate Campbell's career...he'll look great for a fight, then have a shitload of disappointing shit happen, then do something else good to make us forget how much he disappointed us.

He tried to play the system tonight, and it fucked him
. The decision should get overturned, but I doubt that we'll see a rematch. Too many other fish for Bradley to fry.

Exactamundo.

Imperius3
I'm not down with some of you saying Campbell quit. Nate ain't a quitter. As a matter of fact, he has no history of quitting or taking the easy way out. We've all seen Nate fight before, and we know he is strong, tough, and can fight. We all saw the headbutt and the cut too. It was a bad cut and blood was pouring into his eye. We saw this, right? So why are people doubting whether Nate could see or not? Nate wanted to be 100% in this fight, and he needed to be 100% to beat Bradley. I think he could have tried gutting it out and fighting on with one eye, but that would've been a pretty stupid thing to do, especially against a fighter like Bradley. This was a big fight for Nate, and a loss could really hurt his career at this point. Would it really be a smart thing to do to try to fight on with one eye against Bradley?
Thegreatequalizer
bradley: "first of all, i'd like to give praise to jesus for giving me the cranium to bust this fool up."

of course bradley was looking good, it was the early rounds. i didn't see campbell being bothered by anything except the headbutts.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Aug 2 2009, 01:44 PM) *
bradley: "first of all, i'd like to give praise to jesus for giving me the cranium to bust this fool up."

of course bradley was looking good, it was the early rounds. i didn't see campbell being bothered by anything except the headbutts.

Yeah, I really wanted to see if Bradley could keep that pace up or if Campbell could adjust. I would love to see a rematch.
Col Reb
That ref needs to be reprimanded for his call. he admitted there was a headbutt, and we could see from the replay that the right hand hit Nate's glove, which was below his eye. While I think Nate would have lost regardless, he made the veteran move and pulled out before the end of four rounds. They should fight again, though I think Bradley will win.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 2 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Postfight Comments:

On Alexander-"Quitter": Congrats to Devon, he did very well. Strange to see Witter quit. Devon was easily winning the first 5 rounds, but I thought Witter did OK in the next two or so. He looked old in there, but we have seen fighters fight on taking far worse than that. Did they say what was wrong with Witter?

Jack

Toney-Rahman was overturned.
Col Reb
I thought Witter said in the interview that it was an arm injury.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Aug 2 2009, 12:24 PM) *
I'm not down with some of you saying Campbell quit. Nate ain't a quitter. As a matter of fact, he has no history of quitting or taking the easy way out. We've all seen Nate fight before, and we know he is strong, tough, and can fight. We all saw the headbutt and the cut too. It was a bad cut and blood was pouring into his eye. We saw this, right? So why are people doubting whether Nate could see or not? Nate wanted to be 100% in this fight, and he needed to be 100% to beat Bradley. I think he could have tried gutting it out and fighting on with one eye, but that would've been a pretty stupid thing to do, especially against a fighter like Bradley. This was a big fight for Nate, and a loss could really hurt his career at this point. Would it really be a smart thing to do to try to fight on with one eye against Bradley?

imperious.. i would agree with you if only nate didnt get up off his stool and run to the ref. and tell the ref. he couldnt see... if he wanted to play the system he should have let the doc come into his corner and let his corner do their thing.. number 1 that wasnt his job to do that was for his trainer or chief second.. the ref. treated that situation like he should have.. nate ran o him and told him he couldnt see out of his eye.. the ref stopped the fight.. simple as that... for him to call himself the galaxy warrior that was some panzy stuff there.. i've seen guys fight on with worst cuts triing to win.. he knew he was bout to get his ass handed to him and he looked for a way out and it back fired... thats what happened... for what its worse i thought he was dangerous for bradley too but he created the bad situation for himself... he didnt even give his corner an ample chance to work on the cut which didnt look bad at the time he quit or what ever you want to call it..

also someone said well he was seeing spots... well any fighter can say they see spots after a headbutt to try to stop a fight they are losing.. if you wanna play that game its a way to do it and runnig up to the ref is def. not the way to do it.. does that mean stop the fight and order a rematch everytime a fighter says i was headbutted and i'm seeing spots and i cant continue?... NO!! thats a tko... come on this is boxing... its a hurt buisness.. cuts is a part of the sport... a true fighter fights through that.. great example was vitali klit vs. lewis.. as bad as that cut was he wanted to FIGHT... nates cut wasnt nowhere near that bad...nate wasnt the first or the last fighter to get cut and he sure didnt have the worst cut i have seen.. matter of fact it wasnt bleeding that bad... he panicked... he does not deserve a rematch.... what he deserves is a chance to fight solid contenders and work his way back up...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I dont think Nate quit last night. Like someone already said, Nate has no history of quitting. I dont think he was in over his head either. He lost the first round, but the 2nd round was pretty close and he did some pretty good work. He got buzzed a bit in the 3rd, but it was still early. He has a legitimate case since the cut was caused by a headbutt. Who knows what happens in the late rounds when Nate's pressure and body work would have paid dividends. We saw Toney-Rahman get overturned and I think the same will happen here. I don't know if we'll see a rematch, I guess that depends what kind of money is there for a rematch.
caneman
I think there are some guys here that need to re-watch the fight personally...the doctor was in there & he said I can't see & I see spots & yet the cut stopped bleeding right away once his corner wiped his eye off! Nate should have checked what the ref ruled the cut as(yes it was a head butt), Nate was going to get beat up & stopped. Just like he will if there is a rematch! I said back when Nate didn't make 135 just because he didn't wanna dry out that he would have trouble @ 140! Nate was getting handled & the head butts were not all Bradley's fault especially the one that caused the cut...from what I remember, Nate bent over @ the waist after taking a body shot! But whatever...good luck on getting the fight over turned Nate but you will lose the rematch too!

EDIT! BTW, didn't Rahman vs Toney get over turned cause Toney failed he drug test? I really do wish Nate luck on getting a rematch cause I have always liked watching him but he will lose!
Keith
Campbell quit. Ya, there is no history of quitting... but he stopped throwing punches and was mostly just covering up. Then he basically asked for the fight to be over. Not throwing punches... asking for it to end... ya I would say thats paramount to quitting.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (keith @ Aug 3 2009, 06:46 AM) *
Campbell quit. Ya, there is no history of quitting... but he stopped throwing punches and was mostly just covering up. Then he basically asked for the fight to be over. Not throwing punches... asking for it to end... ya I would say thats paramount to quitting.

I agree with this..It was really weird but I think Nate really wanted out of that fight..Maybe he wasn't fully prepared or maybe he was overwhelmed by Bradley..Nate looked real old in the first few rounds..
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 2 2009, 09:10 PM) *
does that mean stop the fight and order a rematch everytime a fighter says i was headbutted and i'm seeing spots and i cant continue?... NO!! thats a tko...

if it's stopped because of a headbutt, it can't be a tko, ever. it's either a no decision or it goes to the scorecards.
D-MARV
This will be ruled a NC. The ref admitted that the headbutt caused the injury. Again, people claiming that Nate quit because of the cut are plain stupid. The cut had nothing to do with what Nate was complaining about. Yes, Nate quit, but it had to do with internal injuries. He had blood leaking into his eyes which caused the spots he was seeing. I had a similar injury playing football and I can assure you that anyone on these boards and MOST boxers would have wanted that fight stopped. It isn't like his cutman could have just wiped the blood away and everything would have been fine. The blood was leaking on the inside.
Big Slim Sweet
The fight should be changed to a NC but that doesn't mean Nate deserves a rematch. If he was a mandatory maybe it'd be different but Bradley was making an elective against him.

I'm sorry, Bradley came to fight and he was fighting his ass off. No matter what the verdict, he's the guy who comes out of this fight rightfully looking and acting like the winner. If there's a bigger fight out there for him he should take it.

Look, I LOVE Nate Campbell. One of my favorite fighters of the past ? years, since I saw him on the DLH-Vargas undercard. He's always been a mean, nasty junkyard dog in the ring, and he's had a lot of tough breaks through the years (some of his own doing), but he looked ill prepared those first three rounds and he seemed to badly want out of the fight once he got the cut. I know the cut was bad. I know the fight probably should have been stopped anyway. But I just didn't like what I saw from my man. Not during the three rounds, and not after.

I'm not writing Nate off at all. He's been down before, more than once. He can get back. I just don't think Bradley OWES him a rematch.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Aug 3 2009, 12:56 PM) *
if it's stopped because of a headbutt, it can't be a tko, ever. it's either a no decision or it goes to the scorecards.

nate never gave the ref. or the doc a chance to make a real ruling... he went to the ref and told him he couldnt see that he was seeing spots.. number 1 thatwasnt his job but the corners job to do if that was the case and two he didint even give his corner a chance to work on the cut... he looked for a way out and was help out by the ref... tko loss...
Fitz
Seems like Nate was overrating himself after the Diaz fight.
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 3 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Seems like Nate was overrating himself after the Diaz fight.

Exactly & said he can not make weight when truly he refused to dry out! All good, give him the rematch....he will get beat down again! It's crazy what I have read in this thread! LMAO @ some guys I truly respect!
caneman
Oh yea, in many ways THE Desert Storm" had done to him what he did to Juan Diaz with a less head butts!
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 3 2009, 04:28 PM) *
nate never gave the ref. or the doc a chance to make a real ruling... he went to the ref and told him he couldnt see that he was seeing spots.. number 1 thatwasnt his job but the corners job to do if that was the case and two he didint even give his corner a chance to work on the cut... he looked for a way out and was help out by the ref... tko loss...

i absolutely agree that nate acted the wrong way. he should have waited and let the doctor look at it after the round ended, and he should have clarified that he wasn't quitting, but that he couldn't continue because of the injury sustained by a head butt. but the ref seemed pretty baffled and didn't really seem to know what he was doing. fighters do some dumb shit, but the ref should know what their doing. he seemed to think that because they were both responsible for head butts that it doesn't count as a foul. personally i think there should be a rematch, but i agree it shouldn't be required since nate wasn't a mandatory. but the decision should definitely be changed.
Imperius3
I believe that Nate was telling the truth when he said he couldn't see. He couldn't defend himself with only one eye. He needed both eyes to win this fight or he was going to get his ass handed to him. The butt was not his fault, and I don't have a problem with him not continuing...as long as he's willing to take a rematch. That's all I have to say about that.
caneman
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Aug 4 2009, 04:09 PM) *
I believe that Nate was telling the truth when he said he couldn't see. He couldn't defend himself with only one eye. He needed both eyes to win this fight or he was going to get his ass handed to him. The butt was not his fault, and I don't have a problem with him not continuing...as long as he's willing to take a rematch. That's all I have to say about that.

Yea, Greb & Fraizer did it for years! If it's true, sorry Nate but I seen what was I your eyes before it was in your eye!!!

EDIT: BTW, I see he ain't talking ish on the other site that some of us visit or Terry for that matter! Wow, what a shock!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.