Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Second Autopsy on Arturo Gatti Is Complete
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
http://www.cfra.com/?cat=3&nid=66841

Second Autopsy on Arturo Gatti Is Complete

Caroline Franks
Sunday, August 2, 2009

There have been some new findings after a second autopsy on former boxing champ Arturo Gatti.

That according to an American pathologist Doctor Michael Baden who claims Brazilian pathologists missed some injuries.

Baden says it will be a few weeks yet before it can be determined weather or not Gatti’s death was a suicide.

Gatti’s family rejects the conclusion that his death was a suicide.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Exami...of-Arturo-Gatti

Homicide not ruled out in second autopsy of Arturo Gatti

Although results of a second autopsy performed on boxer Arturo Gatti may not be available for several weeks, it has not ruled out homicide as a cause of his death.

According to forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden, who assisted in the Canadian autopsy, Quebec coroners found that the investigation conducted by Brazilian authorities was incomplete.

Originally, Gatti’s death was called a homicide by Brazilian police, who arrested his wife, Amanda Rodrigues Gatti, for murder. The couple was in Brazil for a second honeymoon and authorities accused Amanda of killing her husband by strangling him while he lay passed out after a heavy night of drinking.

A subsequent autopsy did not rule out suicide and Brazilian authorities announced the boxer had killed himself. Amanda was ordered released from jail and walked free on Friday. To see video of her release, click here.

The athlete’s family and friends do not believe he took his own life and exhumed his body on Friday for the second autopsy. In the meantime, Canadian authorities are asking Brazilian officials to explain how they determined Gatti’s cause of death.

Youtube Video of Gatti's bitch getting released from prison...HARDLY the tact of a grieving widow...this bitch addresses the crowd like a fucking movie star. WTF?

Keith
This will wind up as a made for TV movie drama.
Keith
Based on the appearance of the jail from the outside and inside, did you really expect them to get this right?
leonthegee
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 2 2009, 04:00 AM) *

Youtube Video of Gatti's bitch getting released from prison...HARDLY the tact of a grieving widow...this bitch addresses the crowd like a fucking movie star. WTF?

damn thats gattis wife shit she can stranggle me anytime.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 2 2009, 07:00 AM) *

How the fuck do you miss injuries during an autopsy? An autopsy is supposed to be a complete break down of a person's physiology to determine cause of death. It's the most crucial piece of an investigation most times when cause of death isn't known. And then this lady comes out of prison like she just won a Grammy. I know some say we shouldn't jump to conclusions but the broad is guilty as a motherfucker.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 2 2009, 09:05 AM) *
How the fuck do you miss injuries during an autopsy? An autopsy is supposed to be a complete break down of a person's physiology to determine cause of death. It's the most crucial piece of an investigation most times when cause of death isn't known. And then this lady comes out of prison like she just won a Grammy. I know some say we shouldn't jump to conclusions but the broad is guilty as a motherfucker.

dont say that box there are certain people on here that actually believe in the innoscent until proven guilty bs this country has.... they might take offense...lol
provo
This Bitch is quilty !
She said she went to get the baby milk at 6am and he was laying on the floor ! It was until 9 am she noticed he was dead ??? Wtf ! Didn't they say he had blood around his body and coming from his mouth??? What did she think that was normal...! Ca'Mon arrest this Bitch...
Imperius3
It comes down to what these new injuries were. Gatti was involved in a scuffle outside a bar before he died. I think it will be difficult to pin this on his wife.

As for the wife looking happy...well, I hate saying this...but if Gatti was beating the shit out of her....then there probably wasn't much love left in that relationship.
Byrd Man
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If she did this, and they can prove it, I hope she gets what's coming to her.

That said, you have to also remember who is doing this autopsy? The FAMILY. So, I would not expect it to come back and say "oh hey...Gatti killed himself" when the Family is set against that conclusion.

Not to say that the wife didn't do it, just saying....if the autopsy is done by those sympathetic with the victim's family who doesn't want to accept the idea that their relative killed themselves, it's not out of the realm of possibility that there could be some collusion there.

I don't know all the details on this (as is probably the case with most people here) but as I said. If she did it, she should be punished severely for it.
Method
The Family is NOT performing the autopsy, a world renowned pathologist/coroner is. Stay tuned.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 2 2009, 01:44 PM) *
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If she did this, and they can prove it, I hope she gets what's coming to her.

That said, you have to also remember who is doing this autopsy? The FAMILY. So, I would not expect it to come back and say "oh hey...Gatti killed himself" when the Family is set against that conclusion.

Not to say that the wife didn't do it, just saying....if the autopsy is done by those sympathetic with the victim's family who doesn't want to accept the idea that their relative killed themselves, it's not out of the realm of possibility that there could be some collusion there.

I don't know all the details on this (as is probably the case with most people here) but as I said. If she did it, she should be punished severely for it.

Michael Baden is overseeing the autopsy. He's a very respectable pathologist who won't take sides. Look him up for more info.
Col Reb
I don't think Gatti would kill himself, but we'll probably never know. The only thing that makes me hesitant is a show I watched where a link was made between football players who suffered multiple concussions and a high suicide rate. Again, I never knew Gatti personally, so I won't jump to conclusions. I'm just very interested in hearing what the second study finds.
Byrd Man
I'm not saying the Family is the one physically doing the autopsy, but they commissioned the second autopsy, and they have their own person "overseeing" it.

D-MARV
I wonder how many Brazilian authorities she had to top off to get released?
MarzB
Wow, this is a grieving widow?? Yeah right.
Byrd Man
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/J_Benz0804bb09.htm

This photo of Arturo Gatti laying dead on the floor of his hotel room in Brazil has been released by tvig.ig.com.br. (via Police report to media) The picture not only shows Gatti's body on the floor, but also the stool in which he allegedly used in hanging himself.

Below we have also provided the video which was released by tvig.ig.com.br. (The picture on this page is an actual screen shot from the video provided below) The video explains in more detail why police believe now that it was a suicide and not murder at the hands of his wife as they first suspected.

In the video Gatti's wife (Amanda Rodriguez) also speaks. She is very relieved that she will be going home to see her son. She had been locked up since July 11th when police found her Husband's body and believed she had killed him.

Watch the video. It is in Portuguese but shows a lot details and explains how Police have come to the conclusion it was suicide and not homicide.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Aug 2 2009, 05:02 PM) *
I don't think Gatti would kill himself, but we'll probably never know. The only thing that makes me hesitant is a show I watched where a link was made between football players who suffered multiple concussions and a high suicide rate. Again, I never knew Gatti personally, so I won't jump to conclusions. I'm just very interested in hearing what the second study finds.

Yes. Chris Benoit is another example of this. Fighters and wrestlers who suffer multiple head injuries tend to develop behavioral problems due to brain damage.

QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 4 2009, 06:33 PM) *

VERY interesting...I'm going to find someone to translate this too.
Byrd Man
Normally I wouldn't put any stock in ANYTHING Benz says on DHB, but that's an actual video and photo from the video, so...... *shrugs*
rusty_trombone
Uh, the police work in the US is usually pretty fucking shoddy. I can only imagine how the investigations go in Brazil. Shit, Brazil has one of the most corrupt justice systems and police forces in the world.
Method
Well that photo/video didnt last long.

Must've received an injunction from Pat Lynch/Main Events.

Method
Rodrigues remains in Brazil, according to her sister, Flavia. She could not be reached for comment and Flavia refused to answer any questions about her sister. Although Rodrigues disputes she was ever a stripper, Lynch says that Gatti met her at The Squeeze Lounge, a gentleman's club in Weehawken, N.J., two weeks after he was stopped in the ninth round by Carlos Baldomir on July 22, 2006.

Michael Prosperi, general manager of The Squeeze Lounge, said that Rodrigues worked there from 2006-2007 and that she was drawn to Gatti after realizing he was a famous boxer. Dancers at the club are not fully nude but begin fully clothed and strip down to G-strings, Prosperi said.

"Amanda would get extremely jealous when she saw him talking to the other girls," Prosperi said in a phone interview. "She didn't want any girl to get near him. She got pissed when they did. It took her two weeks to realize who he was and then she was all over him."

Gatti was a regular at the club, visiting around twice a week, Prosperi said.

"She was a good dancer," Prosperi said. "She definitely was not a beginner. She knew how to dance on the pole and give table dances. She was a good worker."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_spo...l#ixzz0Oq03PAPv
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Aug 2 2009, 01:36 PM) *
As for the wife looking happy...well, I hate saying this...but if Gatti was beating the shit out of her....then there probably wasn't much love left in that relationship.

well, that and the fact that his will leaves her everything tells us that she had more to gain than anyone from him dying. that's a pretty big motive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.