Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Breaking News: Roger Mayweather Arrested!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
DavidThaKing
Roger Mayweather arrested on strangulation charges

Retired professional boxer Roger Mayweather has been arrested on charges of coercion with force and battery-strangulation and booked into the Clark County Detention Center.

Mayweather, brother of welterweight Floyd Mayweather, is accused of harassing Melissa St. Vil, at a home he owns on Trotwood Lane in Las Vegas, according to a Metro police arrest report.

Police said they found St. Vil being held by Mayweather and coughing up blood when she was let go. They said paramedics found signs of strangulation on her throat and defense wounds on the side of Mayweather's face.

Police also said after being struck in the ribs several times and choked to near-unconsciousness, St. Vil fought back with a lamp. A laceration was found on Mayweather's head, and the lamp was found to have blood on it, the arrest report said.

St. Vil told police she heard Mayweather knock on her door, but she did not answer it. She said as a boxer, she had trained with Mayweather about three months ago, but was now training under new people. She said her roommate was renting the home from Mayweather.

St. Vil said Mayweather has been following her and harassing her.

Metro Police arrested Roger Mayweather, Floyd Mayweather Junior's uncle, Sunday on charges of coercion with force and strangulation. Roger Mayweather, head trainer for Las Vegas boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., considered by some to be the best pound for pound boxer in the world is now facing some serious charges.

According to the report, Roger Mayweather attacked one of his former boxers, a woman named Melissa St. Vil.

St. Vil was training under Roger Mayweather about three months ago, but then she decided to train under someone else. According to the police report since she terminated her agreement with Roger he has been harassing her and following her around.

Then Sunday he reportedly showed up at her apartment. St. Vil says Roger grabbed and hit her several times in her ribs. He then wrapped his hands around her throat nearly causing her to pass out. She grabbed a small lamp and hit him over the head to defend herself.

When police arrived they say St. Vil was spitting coughing and spitting blood. Roger Mayweather was arrested and charged with coercion with force and battery strangulation.

We are working to get comment from Mayweather's camp. Click here to read the arrest report.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10840415
Romulus9
Atta boy.

That Mayweather family name is pure gold.
Col Reb
Looks like Pops will be back in the saddle at the PBF camp.
Method
The Black Mamba strikes again.

Fucking typical.

Floyd Sr back in the mix.
Box in Hand
I'm not sure what to think of Pops Mayweather as a trainer after the Hatton fiasco even though Hatton didn't listen to one word he said. Big Floyd and Leonard Ellerbe will most likely take over as trainer. IMHO, this is the perfect time to beat Mayweather. He's been inactive for almost 2 years, He's having money problems, a rib injury plus his other physical problems, and his main trainer is back in jail again for the same shit (He needs to keep his hands off them women). I'd rather leave than hit a female. This is why Freddie Roach wanted May now because it's the perfect window of oppurtunity.

With all that being said, Mayweather is a pro who should still be able to bust JMM ass. Mayweather UD 12.
JD
LOL...hey Roger, don't you have some other stuff you should be doing instead of choking some female boxer you used to train?
Kijis Konar
More craziness from the Mayweathers. Still, this should not affect Floyd's training at all. He'll whoop JMM nicely.
STEVENSKI
Classy family. Hopefully Roger is found guilty & sentenced to a nice long stretch inside.
Col Reb
Here's a link to her training video.

http://www.revver.com/video/257726/a-close...melissa-st-vil/

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Aug 3 2009, 08:21 PM) *

Shiiiiiiittt, I'd be trying to fuck that. That dude is insane.
Keith
Roger is a trainer straight to the bone. I bet he was teaching her perfect technique when he was softening up the body. Her final lesson. jester.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 3 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Shiiiiiiittt, I'd be trying to fuck that. That dude is insane.

He probably was hitting it. And probably someone else was hitting it too which lead to this.

That piece of shit! I hope they throw his bitch ass to the sharks.

Floyd Sr. back on board full time now.
Byrd Man
Fuck Roger Mayweather. I hope he gets beaten down in Jail for doing that shit. Box in Hand is 100% right. You leave before you hit a woman, I don't give a fuck what she's doing.
DavidThaKing
i think Roger will probably get a bond and be out in time for the fight
D-MARV
QUOTE (DavidThaKing @ Aug 3 2009, 10:03 PM) *
i think Roger will probably get a bond and be out in time for the fight

Fuck that! The Justice system should just say Fuck You and You're Money and you sit in prison while you're nephew fights.

Lil Floyd has a history of slapping chicks as well. He tried to apologize by donating a bunch of money to different Women societies and constantly supporting breast cancer. It will be interesting to see how he responds to this.
MarzB
Well he's certainly not hired for his brain about anything outside of boxing thats for sure,lol. You'd think having served some time the dude would be HANDS OFF but nooo...

Well, I wonder will his defense of, "i was the only one that totally predicted what Mosley would do to Margarito" would help here,lol.
Fitz
Might be breaking, but not all that surprising.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 3 2009, 07:12 PM) *
Fuck that! The Justice system should just say Fuck You and You're Money and you sit in prison while you're nephew fights.

Lil Floyd has a history of slapping chicks as well. He tried to apologize by donating a bunch of money to different Women societies and constantly supporting breast cancer. It will be interesting to see how he responds to this.

Yea, I agree. The one thing about the Nevada justice system, its nothing to fuck with. I think they'll hit him with some time for sure. They'll get him on some really serious charges. I see multiple felonies coming down.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (damarvelous1 @ Aug 4 2009, 03:12 AM) *

He'll respond to it in the same fashion he has responded to everything of late, with some cryptic classless bullshit, possibly some stupid handclapping thrown in aswell.

Hopefully this will distract him just that little tiny bit, just enough to allow JMM the opportunity to land a titanic uppercut right on the point of his chin, and Roger can watch in dismay from his jail cell before hopefully getting violated in the shower.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 4 2009, 04:48 AM) *
He'll respond to it in the same fashion he has responded to everything of late, with some cryptic classless bullshit, possibly some stupid handclapping thrown in aswell.

Hopefully this will distract him just that little tiny bit, just enough to allow JMM the opportunity to land a titanic uppercut right on the point of his chin, and Roger can watch in dismay from his jail cell before hopefully getting violated in the shower.

If you got free PPV in nevada state prisons then I will go commit a few felonies there. 3 hots a cot & PPV for nothing more than being Bubba's cell mate sounds good.
King Eugene
Damn Roger...not a good look. I wonder when they will announce Floyd Sr. stepping in as the head trainer. How will him and Ellerbee co-exist. You know how Leonard like to be right behind him acting like Hopping Bob, repeating everything Roger said or constantly saying he cant see your jab. LOL
thehype
I wonder if this is going to be in the 24/7 footage.
thehype
Roger, Roger, ROGER!!!!

WTF!!!!!!

dntknw.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You can't be fuckin' up like that over this...

http://www.myspace.com/lilmisstyson

http://www.boxeogirls.com/mascots/g_stvil.html

King Eugene
Damn, those fucking legs are on point! I'm a thigh man, I dont give a damn how big or perky your breast are...I love those damn thighs with a nice proportionate ass. You dont have to have a Melissa Ford or a Buffy the Body but just proportionate just like that. DAMN!!! Her face aint hittin on shit though.
thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 4 2009, 01:17 AM) *
Damn, those fucking legs are on point! I'm a thigh man, I dont give a damn how big or perky your breast are...I love those damn thighs with a nice proportionate ass. You dont have to have a Melissa Ford or a Buffy the Body but just proportionate just like that. DAMN!!! Her face aint hittin on shit though.

Butterface.

laugh.gif

Yo...for real dough, why my man pointin' at Roger like, "I got cho Bitch homie!"

laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2009, 12:14 AM) *
Roger, Roger, ROGER!!!!

WTF!!!!!!

dntknw.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hold on Hype, Roger aint no GQ model either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 4 2009, 12:17 AM) *

Dude those aint thighs, those are tree trunks. LOL
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2009, 01:21 AM) *
Butterface.

laugh.gif

Yo...for real dough, why my man pointin' at Roger like, "I got cho Bitch homie!"

laugh.gif

Gotcha Bitch!
laugh.gif
I'm not a fan of breast but she got some pretty big ones lol
BGv2.0
DAMN! Roger Mayweather may have assaulted her.....BUT SOMEBODY assaulted those pics with photoshop....

There is no woman alive with ass and legs like that sans stretch marks....

Don't fall for it.
JonnyBlaze
Roger was useless to Floyd..All he did was hold the pads for him which he sucked at doing..Floyd barely would hit the pads,he'd just tap em..Roger is the worst Mayweather trainer out there..Sr. and Jeff are way better..
DavidThaKing
Box in Hand
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 4 2009, 12:14 AM) *
Roger, Roger, ROGER!!!!

WTF!!!!!!

dntknw.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First off, Damn, she can get it. Second, Roger had to be hittin that. This has so much more to do than her leaving him as a trainer. Only a women you're fucking can make a man that mad. I still think he should've kept his fucking hands to hisself. I have lost major amounts of respect for that dude.
Keith
I'm telling you guys, Roger was just showing her techniques on how to work the body. You cant beat a trainer who makes house calls and is willing to go to prison to teach his fighters proper technique. She obviously didnt appreciate it. Thats why he choked her... by accident.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 02:45 PM) *
First off, Damn, she can get it. Second, Roger had to be hittin that. This has so much more to do than her leaving him as a trainer. Only a women you're fucking can make a man that mad. I still think he should've kept his fucking hands to hisself. I have lost major amounts of respect for that dude.

You had major amounts of respect to lose????
Box in Hand
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 4 2009, 09:40 AM) *
You had major amounts of respect to lose????

Yes, I think behind all of the bullshit Roger is intelligent about the fight game. He comes up with good gameplans for Floyd as well. However, any man that needs to hit a woman even if she is a fighter loses any respect I had. As far as I'm concerned he is now in the same boat as Arturo Gatti's wife.
Method
Never heard ANY gameplan or solid advice coming out of his mouth. Never.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 4 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Never heard ANY gameplan or solid advice coming out of his mouth. Never.

He does come up with game plans. I know all we hear is "Keep doing what you doing", but he does come up with game plans.
D-MARV
I said it before and I'll it say again... Roger sucks as a trainer. Floyd has carried that man. Floyd Sr is a much better trainer. Ill even say Jeff Mayweather is better than Roger.
Method
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 12:01 PM) *
He does come up with game plans. I know all we hear is "Keep doing what you doing", but he does come up with game plans.

For example?
Keith
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 4 2009, 12:22 PM) *
For example?

Well, Roger knew if he softend up that body early in the fight, he could go for the choke late. It worked.
JD
Roger is useless...outside of his ability to play patty-cake with the mitts.
King Eugene
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Aug 4 2009, 02:23 AM) *
DAMN! Roger Mayweather may have assaulted her.....BUT SOMEBODY assaulted those pics with photoshop....

There is no woman alive with ass and legs like that sans stretch marks....

Don't fall for it.

I dont know what part of TX your from but I'm a need for you to come to Atlanta or Charlotte buddy, hell even South Beach Memorial day weekend...cause there are plenty of women in the world like that THATS ALL REAL with no stretch marks.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 4 2009, 11:22 AM) *
For example?

Ok Meth. He came up with the Judah strategy which was "Stay paitent, and realize when Judah starts getting beat, he will do something dirty". He also came up with the De la Hoya gameplan which was to frustrate Oscar with movement because he tires 100% of the time late in fights.
Keith
I agree that Roger is not a great game planner. PBF has never looks as good early in a fight as he does late. If he was great at game plans, then PBF would look good early in his fights. Judah, DLH, and Hatton all had success against PBF to varying degrees over the first 6 rounds.
JLUVBABY
i agree with who ever said her and roger had to have some type of relations.. no man beats on a woman like that unless she done fucked some other dude...lol... even then its not condoned but i guess you have to be in that situation to really know what YOU are going to do... but damn she is fine than a mutha!!!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 4 2009, 11:36 AM) *
i agree with who ever said her and roger had to have some type of relations.. no man beats on a woman like that unless she done fucked some other dude...lol... even then its not condoned but i guess you have to be in that situation to really know what YOU are going to do... but damn she is fine than a mutha!!!!

Amen my Amen. That is one beautiful body she has there.
JD
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 12:32 PM) *
Ok Meth. He came up with the Judah strategy which was "Stay paitent, and realize when Judah starts getting beat, he will do something dirty". He also came up with the De la Hoya gameplan which was to frustrate Oscar with movement because he tires 100% of the time late in fights.

Did you need Roger to tell you either of those things?

Roger is useless, bro. Floyd is who he is in spite of Roger, not because of Roger.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 4 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Did you need Roger to tell you either of those things?

Roger is useless, bro. Floyd is who he is in spite of Roger, not because of Roger.

Ok Meth, maybe you're right but useless? Dang man, he at least held the mits.
JD
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Ok Meth, maybe you're right but useless? Dang man, he at least held the mits.

I'm JD.

And I am with you on the mitts...see my initial comment on this:

QUOTE (JD @ Aug 4 2009, 12:27 PM) *
Roger is useless...outside of his ability to play patty-cake with the mitts.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 4 2009, 12:51 PM) *
I'm JD.

And I am with you on the mitts...see my initial comment on this:

Shite, sorry dude. It's that afternoon crack I just smoked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.