Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Sr: “Cotto Can Take Pacquiao’s Head Off”
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
DavidThaKing
I’ll admit, I’m one of the few scribes to pick Miguel Cotto to beat Manny Pacquiao on November 14. Most of my colleagues believe Pacquiao’s speed and overall movement will overwhelm Cotto. I spoke in detail with trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. and he agrees with my belief that Cotto has enough power to end the fight with a single shot.

“I think Cotto has a very a good shot to win. He’s got a good puncher’s chance. If Cotto hits him to the head or the body, he is going to take his ass out. Cotto did not look good against Clottey and I think Clottey beat him. That was a bad cut [suffered by Cotto during the Clottey fight]. I think a cut like that would affect anybody. A cut like that can keep you out of the game,” Mayweather Sr. told BoxingScene.com

If Mayweather was training Cotto, he would advise him to keep a tight defense and protect the left eye as a precautionary measure to prevent the cut, suffered during the Clottey fight, from re-opening.

“A cut like that can open up again at any time and turn the fight around,” Mayweather Sr. said.

He gets the impression that Freddie Roach [Pacquiao’s trainer] is overlooking the high level of danger that Cotto represents. Mayweather doesn’t see Pacquiao being able to withstand a flush Cotto power shot, whether it be to the head or body.

“He whooped on Oscar De La Hoya who was dehydrated and had no liquids in him. Ricky Hatton was suspect before the fight. Cotto is a puncher. If Cotto is in good shape and he hits him to the body or the head, he can take him out, my mark my words. [Roach] made a mistake by thinking Cotto ain’t that good. If Cotto hits him right, he take his head off, remember I told you that. Cotto is going to be ready for this fight, believe me. If Cotto hits him to the head or the body, he is gone - Rick, remember I told you,” Mayweather Sr. said.

Mayweather Sr. had trained Hatton for the May fight with Pacquiao. He told BoxingScene that miscommunication during training camp was a big factor in Pacquiao’s ability to blow Hatton out in two rounds. Mayweather would not advise Hatton to fight again. During the training camp for Pacquiao, Mayweather saw rookies giving Hatton a lot of trouble during sparring sessions.

“He wouldn’t do what I told him. He kept listening to Lee Beard [assistant trainer]. He was suspect before the fight anyway. We had lesser fighters, four round pros, shaking him up in the gym. The way my son knocked him out, he was bound to get knocked out again and again. That’s how it happens sometimes. My son knocked him out bad and then Pacquiao knocked him all the way out. And mark my words, if he fights again, and I don’t care who it’s against, he will get knocked out again,” Mayweather said.
JLUVBABY
what floyds saying about roach taking cotto maybe a little lightly is dead on accurate.... this fight to me can go either two ways... a blow out win for cotto or a fight of the year type of fight where either fighter wins, either way i'm picking cotto.. i dont see a steam roll job by pac in this fight...
Box in Hand
Cotto ain't taking no one out. Roach only picks fights these days where he truly believes Manny can win. His interview on Mayweather certifies that. He believes Mayweather is weak now because of the layoff and injuries. That's why he wants to fight him now. He knew De la Hoya was shot and Ricky was done and he knows Cotto isn't the same fighter anymore. Manny isn't gonna stand in front of Cotto, he's gonna stick and move on angles.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 12:37 PM) *
Cotto ain't taking no one out. Roach only picks fights these days where he truly believes Manny can win. His interview on Mayweather certifies that. He believes Mayweather is weak now because of the layoff and injuries. That's why he wants to fight him now. He knew De la Hoya was shot and Ricky was done and he knows Cotto isn't the same fighter anymore. Manny isn't gonna stand in front of Cotto, he's gonna stick and move on angles.

I agree that Roach is being more cautious than he was 5 years ago but to i disagree with your donwgrading of Pacquiao's opposition. DLH WAS a feeble oppononent that night, I agree but Hatton was a good opponent. What made you think he was done before the fight? Pacquiao destroyed him using perfect timing and accuracy. I'm convinced he would have stopped Hatton whether they would have fought at 147, 140 or any other weight, Hatton's flaws guarantee that.

As for Cotto not being the same, I don't think he's not the same as he was 3-4 years ago. He always had a tendancy to tire late in the fights like against N'Dou, against Urkal he slowed down after starting strong early, against Judah he was visibly tired, Mosley and Margarito. The guy didn't look good against Clottey because NO ONE looks good against Clottey. Hell, Margarito was said to be overrated and stupid after he struggled with Clottey and then rebounded with the win against Cotto.

I agree though that Roach is doing too much plotting before choosing an oppononent.
thehype
While I THOROUGHLY enjoy Floyd Sr.'s post-fight analysis, his pre-fight predictions are usually totally wrong.

laugh.gif

Pacquiao TKO10
JD
QUOTE (DavidThaKing @ Aug 4 2009, 12:11 PM) *
I’ll admit, I’m one of the few scribes to pick Miguel Cotto to beat Manny Pacquiao on November 14. Most of my colleagues believe Pacquiao’s speed and overall movement will overwhelm Cotto. I spoke in detail with trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. and he agrees with my belief that Cotto has enough power to end the fight with a single shot.

“I think Cotto has a very a good shot to win. He’s got a good puncher’s chance. If Cotto hits him to the head or the body, he is going to take his ass out. Cotto did not look good against Clottey and I think Clottey beat him. That was a bad cut [suffered by Cotto during the Clottey fight]. I think a cut like that would affect anybody. A cut like that can keep you out of the game,” Mayweather Sr. told BoxingScene.com

If Mayweather was training Cotto, he would advise him to keep a tight defense and protect the left eye as a precautionary measure to prevent the cut, suffered during the Clottey fight, from re-opening.

“A cut like that can open up again at any time and turn the fight around,” Mayweather Sr. said.

He gets the impression that Freddie Roach [Pacquiao’s trainer] is overlooking the high level of danger that Cotto represents. Mayweather doesn’t see Pacquiao being able to withstand a flush Cotto power shot, whether it be to the head or body.

“He whooped on Oscar De La Hoya who was dehydrated and had no liquids in him. Ricky Hatton was suspect before the fight. Cotto is a puncher. If Cotto is in good shape and he hits him to the body or the head, he can take him out, my mark my words. [Roach] made a mistake by thinking Cotto ain’t that good. If Cotto hits him right, he take his head off, remember I told you that. Cotto is going to be ready for this fight, believe me. If Cotto hits him to the head or the body, he is gone - Rick, remember I told you,” Mayweather Sr. said.

Mayweather Sr. had trained Hatton for the May fight with Pacquiao. He told BoxingScene that miscommunication during training camp was a big factor in Pacquiao’s ability to blow Hatton out in two rounds. Mayweather would not advise Hatton to fight again. During the training camp for Pacquiao, Mayweather saw rookies giving Hatton a lot of trouble during sparring sessions.

“He wouldn’t do what I told him. He kept listening to Lee Beard [assistant trainer]. He was suspect before the fight anyway. We had lesser fighters, four round pros, shaking him up in the gym. The way my son knocked him out, he was bound to get knocked out again and again. That’s how it happens sometimes. My son knocked him out bad and then Pacquiao knocked him all the way out. And mark my words, if he fights again, and I don’t care who it’s against, he will get knocked out again,” Mayweather said.

Dude...if you are going to post an entire article from another site, at least credit it to the author.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 11:46 AM) *
I agree that Roach is being more cautious than he was 5 years ago but to i disagree with your donwgrading of Pacquiao's opposition. DLH WAS a feeble oppononent that night, I agree but Hatton was a good opponent. What made you think he was done before the fight? Pacquiao destroyed him using perfect timing and accuracy. I'm convinced he would have stopped Hatton whether they would have fought at 147, 140 or any other weight, Hatton's flaws guarantee that.

As for Cotto not being the same, I don't think he's not the same as he was 3-4 years ago. He always had a tendancy to tire late in the fights like against N'Dou, against Urkal he slowed down after starting strong early, against Judah he was visibly tired, Mosley and Margarito. The guy didn't look good against Clottey because NO ONE looks good against Clottey. Hell, Margarito was said to be overrated and stupid after he struggled with Clottey and then rebounded with the win against Cotto.

I agree though that Roach is doing too much plotting before choosing an oppononent.

I am one that thinks knockouts effect 99% of fighters. That KO Floyd gave him made him change trainers and diet. He lost confidence and didn't look all that great against weak ass Malinaggi. I just really feel he wasn't the same after the Mayweather fight. He fought a way more intelligent fight against Floyd. In the Pac fight he just went in there like a pure amatuer.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 01:59 PM) *
I am one that thinks knockouts effect 99% of fighters. That KO Floyd gave him made him change trainers and diet. He lost confidence and didn't look all that great against weak ass Malinaggi. I just really feel he wasn't the same after the Mayweather fight. He fought a way more intelligent fight against Floyd. In the Pac fight he just went in there like a pure amatuer.

I agree KO's have a deep impact on a fighter's psyche but 99% of fighters? Where did you get that statistic?

Maybe Hatton looked like a pure amateur because Pacquiao made him look like one?

For the record, Hatton has always looked somewhat amateurish.
Method
Im with Cotto for this fight as well. Add me to the short list.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 01:28 PM) *
I agree KO's have a deep impact on a fighter's psyche but 99% of fighters? Where did you get that statistic?

Maybe Hatton looked like a pure amateur because Pacquiao made him look like one?

For the record, Hatton has always looked somewhat amateurish.

Not speaking from any statistics, it just what I've seen over the years. Jones, Ruiz, Tyson, Taylor, Miranda, etc. were never really the same after getting their clocked clean. Some say it messes with your physiology. Hatton wasn't made to look like an amature, he did fine all by himself. I mean, how many times have you seen a champion come out first during his title defense? Hatton is the only one I know of. His thinking was that since Manny was P4P, he should come out last. Gimme a break, he didn't even act like a champ that night. He walked right into shots with no angles, no defense, no plan. Just pure emotion.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 03:00 PM) *
Not speaking from any statistics, it just what I've seen over the years. Jones, Ruiz, Tyson, Taylor, Miranda, etc. were never really the same after getting their clocked clean. Some say it messes with your physiology. Hatton wasn't made to look like an amature, he did fine all by himself. I mean, how many times have you seen a champion come out first during his title defense? Hatton is the only one I know of. His thinking was that since Manny was P4P, he should come out last. Gimme a break, he didn't even act like a champ that night. He walked right into shots with no angles, no defense, no plan. Just pure emotion.

He was giving angles but they were not effective since Pacquiao too was giving him angles. Same thing happened against Mayweather. Ruiz actually got better after being ko'd, boring but better. So did Klitshko, Hearns was still good after being stopped by Leonard. It's okay to say that you've noticed fighters changing for the worse after a knockout, which is true and I agree with, but don't come up with a statistic to try and prove that Hatton wasn't the same after Mayweather.
DavidThaKing
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 4 2009, 01:24 PM) *
Dude...if you are going to post an entire article from another site, at least credit it to the author.

if you seen the shit i post i always put the author i didn't this time because i aint know who it was don't come in my shit with that hate dont click on my shit if you gonna hate the only reason i post shit from other sites is for the boxing fans that dont see it i want to know what they think about it dont act like im trying steal from nobody you hatin ass nigga ima post whatever i want by whoever i want if i want and if i know who the arutor is ill say it if to i don't too bad but don't start talkin that shit to me like i said i do for the boxing fans who aint see it so if you have seen it then dont read it
The CEO
^^^

Hey, David...you know you just fucked up there, right?

This is The FightHype Forum...a QUALITY forum....not one of those attention deficit pools you call home....that thread spamming/whoring bullshit doesn't fly around here....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 4 2009, 02:26 PM) *
^^^

Hey, David...you know you just fucked up there, right?

This is The FightHype Forum...a QUALITY forum....not one of those attention deficit pools you call home....that thread spamming/whoring bullshit doesn't fly around here....

What type of quality forum makes YOU a mod?

Oh shit..
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 02:04 PM) *
He was giving angles but they were not effective since Pacquiao too was giving him angles. Same thing happened against Mayweather. Ruiz actually got better after being ko'd, boring but better. So did Klitshko, Hearns was still good after being stopped by Leonard. It's okay to say that you've noticed fighters changing for the worse after a knockout, which is true and I agree with, but don't come up with a statistic to try and prove that Hatton wasn't the same after Mayweather.

Again, I wasn't using stats just pure love of the game. I gotta disagree with you on Hatton. That dude fought in straight lines which is why he was so easy to hit. With Mayweather, he shuffled in, used off timing and half way decent head movement. He jabbed his way in also which is something he totally negated in his last fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 02:46 PM) *
Again, I wasn't using stats just pure love of the game. I gotta disagree with you on Hatton. That dude fought in straight lines which is why he was so easy to hit. With Mayweather, he shuffled in, used off timing and half way decent head movement. He jabbed his way in also which is something he totally negated in his last fight.

He did seem to doa better job against Mayweather and I think Hatton was more confident against Pacquiao than against Mayweather but the difference was that Pacquiao hurt him early on and Hatton was never able to regroup from that. In the second round he did seem to be more reserved but still got KO'd. It was going to happen eventually, it had nothing to do with Hatton being done, he wasn't slowe or lethargic. He just got timed.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 03:43 PM) *

Oh shit..

laugh.gif

I'm a Legacy...my dad and Hype's dad were fraternity brothers...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 4 2009, 02:59 PM) *
laugh.gif

I'm a Legacy...my dad and Hype's dad were fraternity brothers...

Now that you're a mod what are your duties? Patrol the boaard and lay down the law?

Also, did you have to go through some sort of ritual, reciting the Fightype rulebook while you bled on your keoyboard?
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 04:02 PM) *
Now that you're a mod what are your duties? Patrol the boaard and lay down the law?

Also, did you have to go through some sort of ritual, reciting the Fightype rulebook while you bled on your keoyboard?

lol...no rituals...and my duties are to look out for the board's best interests according to the guidelines that are set for us....

What do YOU think of DavidThaKing? What would you say to him or do about him if you were a mod?
Mean Mister Mustard
I think that last post of his in this thread seemd a bit off. The lack of punctuation and organization coupled with the word "nigga" leads me to believe he lost his cool. I would have done the exact same thing.
jlupi
Some hockey players and football players are not the same after a concussion let alone multiples. why would boxers be PHYSICALLY different?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (jlupi @ Aug 4 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Some hockey players and football players are not the same after a concussion let alone multiples. why would boxers be PHYSICLY different?

Agreed but that's after how many concussions? People like to say Hatton was ruined by pointing out that he was stunned against Lazcano but fail to realize that's what hapens in boxing, people get stunned. Besides Hatton has never been a defensive wizard or a guy who looks sensational. Remember him being hurt agains Collazo and then hurt to the body against Urango? People said he was done then and yet he wasn't.

Keith
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 04:26 PM) *
Agreed but that's after how many concussions? People like to say Hatton was ruined by pointing out that he was stunned against Lazcano but fail to realize that's what hapens in boxing, people get stunned. Besides Hatton has never been a defensive wizard or a guy who looks sensational. Remember him being hurt agains Collazo and then hurt to the body against Urango? People said he was done then and yet he wasn't.

I agree Mustard. I dont know if I subscribe to the theory that Hatton was KO'd by Pac because PBF or any other fighter softened up his brain. I think there is some evidence that after your first concussion it becomes easier and easier to get them. However, the KO punch Pac landed that stretchered Hatton would of stretchered most fighters. It was fast, hard, and completely flush.

I think Hattons problem is that he cant avoid the punches, not that his brain is softer then it should be.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 4 2009, 03:06 PM) *
What do YOU think of DavidThaKing? What would you say to him or do about him if you were a mod?

That post of his was practically begging for a banning. You need your cherry popped, right?

1+1=?

Take his ass out CEO. Do it.
singletrack
I think Cotto has a good chance of flooring Pac with a jab. But, I'm not without bias ; )
Box in Hand
QUOTE (singletrack @ Aug 4 2009, 04:16 PM) *
I think Cotto has a good chance of flooring Pac with a jab. But, I'm not without bias ; )

His jab is the key and some nice body shots to slow Pac down.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 04:18 PM) *
His jab is the key and some nice body shots to slow Pac down.

Yes and also a straight right. Cotto has very good timing and you know Pacquiao will be eating leather in this fight.
DavidThaKing
i dont give a fuck if you ban me go ahead what diffrence would it make? I dont have to post shit in here you think i really care about yall tryna ban me guess what....... i don't

im a grown ass man and the last thing i care about is some damn chat room cops so FUCK YOU FAKE FAGGOT ASS RENT A COPS im in Detroit on Joy Rd. you ever come out here holla at me

thats all i got to say about it i won't post no more topics or leave no more comments or even come back to this website yall always late on shit anyway so its not like im missing anything

to everybody that liked my topics sorry i can't post no more and that i acted kind of crazy with these last two repys but to everybody that hates on my topics fuck you

Tha King

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (DavidThaKing @ Aug 4 2009, 05:29 PM) *
i dont give a fuck if you ban me go ahead what diffrence would it make? I dont have to post shit in here you think i really care about yall tryna ban me guess what....... i don't

im a grown ass man
and the last thing i care about is some damn chat room cops so FUCK YOU FAKE FAGGOT ASS RENT A COPS im in Detroit on Joy Rd. you ever come out here holla at me

thats all i got to say about it i won't post no more topics or leave no more comments or even come back to this website yall always late on shit anyway so its not like im missing anything

to everybody that liked my topics sorry i can't post no more and that i acted kind of crazy with these last two repys but to everybody that hates on my topics fuck you

Tha King

You sure don't talk like one.

Anyway I don't see what the big deal was, someone told you to post the author's name and you started a rant, which has yet to end.
The CEO
QUOTE (Big Slim @ Aug 4 2009, 05:09 PM) *
That post of his was practically begging for a banning. You need your cherry popped, right?

1+1=?

Take his ass out CEO. Do it.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking...he's been warned...let's see what his next move is...

QUOTE (DavidThaKing @ Aug 4 2009, 06:29 PM) *

im a grown ass man and the last thing i care about is some damn chat room cops so FUCK YOU FAKE FAGGOT ASS RENT A COPS im in Detroit on Joy Rd. you ever come out here holla at me

Tha King

Oh well...lol....looks like I'mma get a piece...(rubs hands together)

They say you never forget your first....

and just so you know, David...if this is good to me, I might have to visit Joy Rd. in Detroit for 2nds....
Keith
SHIZAM! The CEO just got some. He beat on David like Roger beat on St. Vil....

David - "Please dont CEO... Please!

(right and left hooks to the ribs....)

CEO - "It aint personal, just biz! Now get the fuck out of my condo!"

David - "oh shit, I feel like bbq...(crying like a bitch)"

CEO - "Stop crying"

(choke hold)

David - "eh.. nev.......a..gai.....n........eh....."

CEO - "What a cunt."
The CEO
QUOTE (keith @ Aug 4 2009, 07:17 PM) *
SHIZAM! The CEO just got some. He beat on David like Roger beat on St. Vil....

David - "Please dont CEO... Please!

(right and left hooks to the ribs....)

CEO - "It aint personal, just biz! Now get the fuck out of my condo!"

David - "oh shit, I feel like bbq...(crying like a bitch)"

CEO - "Stop crying"

(choke hold)

David - "eh.. nev.......a..gai.....n........eh....."

CEO - "What a cunt."

laugh.gif

I don't know if that "did the trick"....I have a feeling SHE'S gonna come back for 2nds....
caneman
All sr's crap sounds like what we heard about Hatton doing it! Botton line, IF chop chop can rock PBF, so can Pacman but harder!
Fitz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 5 2009, 02:46 AM) *

He has lost a lot of speed and I am kind of surprised that not many people have picked up on that. To me it was the very, very first thing I noticed in round 1 with Clottey and he looked the same against Jennings, though at the time I just thought it was him just having a glorified sparring session with Jennings but after looking at the Clottey fight, he has definitely, definitely lost speed. If I could be bothered I would make a video, put it on youtube and take a round from the Mosley, Jennings and Clottey fights and you can see the difference. It was a big difference and I could notice it without even going back to look at the Mosley fight. I knew this because I actually commented on Cotto's handspeed with Mosley on how the speed difference wasn't big. He was actually slow against Jennings and Clottey.
provo
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 4 2009, 04:54 PM) *
All sr's crap sounds like what we heard about Hatton doing it! Botton line, IF chop chop can rock PBF, so can Pacman but harder!

Well then if Erik Morales and JMM can beat the shit out of PacMan ,so can Mayweather right ???
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 4 2009, 07:06 PM) *
He has lost a lot of speed and I am kind of surprised that not many people have picked up on that. To me it was the very, very first thing I noticed in round 1 with Clottey and he looked the same against Jennings, though at the time I just thought it was him just having a glorified sparring session with Jennings but after looking at the Clottey fight, he has definitely, definitely lost speed. If I could be bothered I would make a video, put it on youtube and take a round from the Mosley, Jennings and Clottey fights and you can see the difference. It was a big difference and I could notice it without even going back to look at the Mosley fight. I knew this because I actually commented on Cotto's handspeed with Mosley on how the speed difference wasn't big. He was actually slow against Jennings and Clottey.

After you had said that I rewatched the fight and it did seem like he lost handspeed but it could be that against Jennings he was sacrificing speed for powe in shots in order to get him out of there faster. Against Clottey maybe he was trying to pierce the shell. Of course that's just speculation on my part but even if he has lost speed he still has his power, chin and timing and strenght which could be enough to beat Pacquiao. If he would have looked like shit against Jennings I would pick Pacquiao ( I know you're not saying Cotto's shot, all I'm saying is that those circumstances might have made it seem as if Cotto lost a step or two).

caneman
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 4 2009, 08:11 PM) *
Well then if Erik Morales and JMM can beat the shit out of PacMan ,so can Mayweather right ???

Well yea maybe but beat the shit outta??????????????????? LMFAO@ you! Here, this is for you bruh! Get your posters & a pair of PBF's manties! fuck.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 4 2009, 07:11 PM) *

I don't remember JMM kicking the shit out of Pacquiao, I wish he would have though.
provo
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 4 2009, 05:06 PM) *

I agree he has lost speed ! He just doesn't look like the same fighter that he was before Margacheto,
cotto tires in the late rounds gets slower and his punches start 2 widen up and he brings his punches from his waist line sits on his punches, I hope Cotto wins ,but I see him getting his ass kicked and bloody in the late rounds , pac moves to much and will tear his ass up late!
caneman
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 4 2009, 08:20 PM) *
I agree he has lost speed ! He just doesn't look like the same fighter that he was before Margacheto,
cotto tires in the late rounds gets slower and his punches start 2 widen up and he brings his punches from his waist line sits on his punches, I hope Cotto wins ,but I see him getting his ass kicked and bloody in the late rounds , pac moves to much and will tear his ass up late!

Plus slow feet & goes to the ropes too much effh?
provo
LMAO ! Good shit Caneman that was some funny shit!

Ok maybe not beat the shit out pac ! But he kicked his ass ,getting droped 3times in round 1 and then coming back to a draw ? Pac got his ass skooled! 2nd fight JMM WON that fight!

LETS GO COTTO LOL!
Im tired of Pac ! If cotto don't do it FLOYD will !
torvix2000
Cotto is shot.
provo
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Aug 4 2009, 05:30 PM) *
Cotto is shot.

LOL I think so too! He's done .....
I would love 2 see him drop pac though.. Anyone drop pac ... lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 4 2009, 08:43 PM) *

Oh shit..

You will now be on 56% warning with CEO. One more like that & you will have a time out.
The CEO
Cotto was looked slow in his comeback fight against Jennings because he was tentative....he looked slow in the Clottey fight because he was up against a big tough guy, was cut, and had to careful....that being said....I do believe he is a tad bit slower than he used to be....doesn't matter though....because he finally gets to have the size and strength advantage again in this one...

It will be a hell of fight....and then Cotto will terminate Pacquiao in the 8th round.
provo
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 4 2009, 05:54 PM) *
It will be a hell of fight....and then Cotto will terminate Pacquiao in the 8th round.

I hope your right ! But I don't see that happening.. How by cotto tryin to come forward and use his jab? Pac will stick that left hand out and hit cotto and and get out the way. cotto is too slow he sits on his punches does not have quick feet ,no way cotto wins .... he won't break pacs body down How , pac is not going to sit there and let cotto hit him ,he's going to move out and counter all day ,
torvix2000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 5 2009, 12:54 AM) *
Cotto was looked slow in his comeback fight against Jennings because he was tentative....he looked slow in the Clottey fight because he was up against a big tough guy, was cut, and had to careful....that being said....I do believe he is a tad bit slower than he used to be....doesn't matter though....because he finally gets to have the size and strength advantage again in this one...

If it reaches 8 rounds then Pacquiao is just starting to get hotter while Cotto is tired already. And 8 rounds mean that Pac has punched him a gazillion times already. Weak punches but stinging punches capable of bruising, or inducing cuts.

And there was a clip posted here a while ago reshowing how Marg was tagging Cotto even in the early rounds.

Cotto is shot.

The CEO
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Aug 4 2009, 09:16 PM) *
If it reaches 8 rounds then Pacquiao is just starting to get hotter while Cotto is tired already. And 8 rounds mean that Pac has punched him a gazillion times already. Weak punches but stinging punches capable of bruising, or inducing cuts.

And there was a clip posted here a while ago reshowing how Marg was tagging Cotto even in the early rounds.

Cotto is shot.

lol...Marg didn't hit Cotto THAT much in the early rounds...and 90% of the good punches he landed in the 1st half was to the body...this happened because Cotto didn't tie him up, he was being stalked, and he has Pride......just like Pacquiao.

Yes......as mentioned before by myself and Mr. Factor....this WILL be comparable to Cotto-Margarito at times...except no plaster will be involved, and Cotto gets it done in 8 or less....

The entire Pac Man Nation will being crying in unison after witnessing what happens to their idol....

It's gonna be devastating, torvix.
Kijis Konar
If the fight goes past 7, it's Pacman's fight. Cotto has to maul Pacman early, earn his respect and slow him down to the body. If Pacman is able to stay out of harms way in the first half of the fight, he'll do a job on Cotto in the 2nd half.
BigG
Kijis welcome back man please post more often...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.