Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-Marquez card...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Imperius3
Floyd Mayweather/Juan Manuel Marquez
Chris John/Rocky Juarez II
Joan Guzman/Ali Funeka
Zab Judah/Antonio Diaz

So far Guzman/Funeka is still pending and I'm hearing that Zab could fight Matthew Hatton or Antonio Diaz. Still, the card is shaping up to be great.
provo
That could be a nice card ! The john and juarez fight can be a battle and guzman on that card 2 !
I always like 2 watch Zab lol ..
This fight may sell, will do bigger than pac and cotto
thehype
It is?

dntknw.gif
Kijis Konar
It's going to be a great night of boxing, even though it'll be an easy night for Floyd.
leonthegee
cant wait to get it on
JD
Best in years? Yikes...boxing isn't that bad off.
rusty_trombone
uh, i wouldn't call this the best card in years, it's probably not even the best card this year.
Box in Hand
I love to watch Floyd fight but I get the feeling he's in for a rude awakening on that night. Not sure why. He should win but man, like Phil Collins says "I can feel it coming". This is a good card though, not like most Golden Boy cards where it's the main event and crappy undercards.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 09:31 PM) *
I love to watch Floyd fight but I get the feeling he's in for a rude awakening on that night. Not sure why. He should win but man, like Phil Collins says "I can feel it coming". This is a good card though, not like most Golden Boy cards where it's the main event and crappy undercards.

box floyd is gonna go to work on marquez like a surgeon...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 4 2009, 09:32 PM) *
box floyd is gonna go to work on marquez like a surgeon...

I know dude, that sounds like the logical choice but I just keep seeing the upset in my head. Marquez is taking this shit very serious and Floyd got all sorts of issues going on.
torvix2000
Thanks to the undercards, this fight won't be cancelled again. LOL!
KookedKrack
my Dominican heritage requires me to purchase all things Joan Guzman
provo
It should be a good fight night !
Mayweather will dominate JMM ' I like JMM I jus feel bad for him Cause he's going 2 get his ass kicked... his defense isn't there he has good boxing skills but CaMon floyd has the greatest defense and is the best and landing percentage ! Floyd is going 2 beat his ass!
Imperius3
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 4 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Best in years? Yikes...boxing isn't that bad off.

I can't remember the last time there was an all around good PPV card.
Keith
Shit! Its a good undercard... I was hoping for a Chevy mechanic to fight the local grocer. Or for them to throw a couple of real estate agents in the ring together and tell them the winner gets the chance to sell a house. Now... people may buy this. Then we have to listen to PBF run his mouth some more about his numbers. I may have to chain myself to the toilet like Mr. Mustard.
MarzB
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Aug 5 2009, 02:39 AM) *
I can't remember the last time there was an all around good PPV card.

Agreed. I really like that Funeka vs Guzman matchup and glad they put Rocky and Chris John on it also.
Mean Mister Mustard
The last real good "Worth your money" card in recent years was the MAB-Juarez II card. You had Guzman-Barrios and Vazquez-Gonzalez. Plus, on paper, the main event was supposed to be just as entertaining as any of those fights but it wasn't.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 4 2009, 09:47 PM) *
I know dude, that sounds like the logical choice but I just keep seeing the upset in my head. Marquez is taking this shit very serious and Floyd got all sorts of issues going on.

mayweather is a professional.. he will be in key shape and it wont matter who trains him... i actually feel bad for marquez because i am a fan of both and i just wish he would have picked a guy closer to his size.. may will be bigger stronger and def. has the most skills and better ring generalship... we might see him convert to the mayweather of the lighter weight divisions in this one after a few rounds...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 5 2009, 04:20 PM) *
mayweather is a professional.. he will be in key shape and it wont matter who trains him... i actually feel bad for marquez because i am a fan of both and i just wish he would have picked a guy closer to his size.. may will be bigger stronger and def. has the most skills and better ring generalship... we might see him convert to the mayweather of the lighter weight divisions in this one after a few rounds...

J, if you're right and May fights like he did at the lighter weights, then yeah JMM is going to sleep in the ring. The thing is May fights too flat footed now and likes to go to the ropes.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 5 2009, 04:50 PM) *
J, if you're right and May fights like he did at the lighter weights, then yeah JMM is going to sleep in the ring. The thing is May fights too flat footed now and likes to go to the ropes.

we shall see.. on another note i am going to try to get that vhs/dvd recorder this weekend... i'll call you probably sunday...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.