Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane vs Berto
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
It appears there is a chance that Mosley and Berto - both of whom are welterweight champions - could fight in December. BoxingScene.com publisher Rick Reeno reported that Schaefer will be in New York this week to explore that opportunity. Schaefer is scheduled for a sit-down with Berto promoter Lou DiBella and HBO.

This IMO is a interesting fight. I say shane has problems with bertos speed ,especially bertos holding at times LOL,nice way to sneak in his uppercut which I think will do damage to Mosley!
Any thoughts out there ? Who wins ? Why?
King Eugene
I'm on the fence with this one. I think Berto's speed isn't that much greater than Mosley's but I think he is the hungrier fighter. Shane doesn't do all that well with slick fighters. Berto has been rocked and Shane is a pretty good finisher. I cant quite make a pick yet.
Keith
Figures Provo starts this thread. "Mosley Sucks" in his sig....Dick!

Whatever. Personally, I like C.E.O.'s anology... this will be like the first time you really tried to arm wrestle your dad.

Berto better be able to go to war. Shane is pissed he has to face this chump.
provo
Yeah berto has been rocked but shane has to LOL, "vernon rip"
IMO shane looses focus and trys to battle with oppenents ,meaning if their a brawler he trys to out brawl u and if your a boxer he trys to outbox you! I see him going in there trying to think he's faster than berto and just getting caught I think bertos uppercut will play a factor shane throws his right,berto would do throws his punch come in and clinch and throw his uppercut ,which I think is a nice right uppercut he throws'.Berto wins by decision ! Not sure spit or UD
provo
QUOTE (keith @ Aug 6 2009, 07:39 PM) *

Whatever. Personally, I like C.E.O.'s anology... this will be like the first time you really tried to arm wrestle your dad.

Ok now get off C.E.O's dick now!
Im just saying I think bertos uppercut will affect shane when they clinch and u kno berto holds LOL
Im No berto fan ,but I see shane having problems in this fight! If shane wants a big payday with Floyd or Pac I don't think he should take this fight and avoid it like he did months ago...LOL...
provo
QUOTE (keith @ Aug 6 2009, 07:39 PM) *

Im just saying I think bertos uppercut will affect shane when they clinch and u kno berto holds LOL
Im No berto fan ,but I see shane having problems in this fight! If shane wants a big payday with Floyd or Pac I don't think he should take this fight and avoid it like he did months ago...LOL...
Keith
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 6 2009, 10:44 PM) *
Yeah berto has been rocked but shane has to LOL, "vernon rip"
IMO shane looses focus and trys to battle with oppenents ,meaning if their a brawler he trys to out brawl u and if your a boxer he trys to outbox you! I see him going in there trying to think he's faster than berto and just getting caught I think bertos uppercut will play a factor shane throws his right,berto would do throws his punch come in and clinch and throw his uppercut ,which I think is a nice right uppercut he throws'.Berto wins by decision ! Not sure spit or UD

Collazo had enough power to get Berto's attention... in terms of power is he even in the same league as Mosley? Berto is the one who has to worry about getting caught with something. I think he's about to get caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Mosley loves his macaroons.
Mean Mister Mustard
Berto is being underrated. Many writers are making the mistake of overlooking Berto's strenghts based on his latest performances. I'm no big fan of Berto but It's not like he's winning nothing but close decisions. Apart from the Collazo fight he hasn't been pushed by many other guys. I understand why these writers underrate Berto, I mean it is much more fun to question his worth in their articles than just praise him. Praising prospects is not much fun, after all not many meet the expectations. It's much better to doubt them after a few so so performances, after all if they fail they told you so and if the succeed another boxing star added to the sport and all is forgiven.

Berto might have looked like John Ruiz against Urango but he does have a lot of streghts: He's strong, fast, a good counterpuncher, has decent power, stamina, ever improving defence and the will to win. Mosley is more cagey than ever but he's not as fast as Berto, he only fights in spurts and is still open for a good jab and Berto has one. I think this one is close but if they do fight I'd give the edge to Berto.
EpTXCHAMP
shane's been off almost a yr not good for a 38 yr old fighter which shane will be by dec 5 hopefully he loads up on the Juice lol I kid I kid

Im going with shane by UD....possible possible Ko ( I think the rust will affect shane a lil which is why im not going all out and saying shane by KO)

I just see more ways shane can win this fight then berto can
Kijis Konar
Mosley is in a class above Berto, even at 37. He'll school and possibly stop him late.
singletrack
I think Mosley destroys Berto.
D-MARV
My early pick is Mosley by late stoppage in a highly competitive fight which Berto may even be up on the cards.
The CEO
QUOTE (keith @ Aug 6 2009, 10:39 PM) *

That's a great fuckin' analogy....laugh.gif

QUOTE (provo @ Aug 6 2009, 11:01 PM) *

Keith and I have had our differences before....he ain't on my dick....he was on my analogy's dick...like all of you SHOULD be....it's that great an analogy....lol

Besides...aren't you one of those Joy Boys?....yellin' "Money Mayyyyyy!!" from the mountaintops....lol....you really shouldn't be talkin' about dick ridin' AT ALL.

Col Reb
I like Shane in this fight if he turns up the heat in the championship rounds. I think Shane would get screwed in a close fight like what happened with Cotto, therefore he'd better make it a dominating performance. I just feel like Shane is in a class above Berto and should win handily if he doesn't get old overnight.
caneman
I think Berto will lose his rematch with Collazo...I had Collazo winning the 1st fight honestly!
caneman
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 6 2009, 11:47 PM) *
Keith and I have had our differences before....he ain't on my dick....he was on my analogy's dick...like all of you SHOULD be....it's that great an analogy....lol

Besides...aren't you one of those Joy Boys?....yellin' "Money Mayyyyyy!!" from the mountaintops....lol....you really shouldn't be talkin' about dick ridin' AT ALL.

He ain't riding dick though bruh...he is a srt8 nutt mite! rolleyes_anim.gif
streetlion1
To me this is almost a no-brainer. Mosley would beat Berto in convincing fashion....I do like Berto but I dont see him giving Shane many problems. Speed is a toss-up but Mosleys overall the better fighter period.
Romulus9
Mosley.

Dominant.

Yawner.
The Original MrFactor
I think Berto will have moments early in the fightr. His offense may overwhelm Shane early. Mosley is a survivor though and will be there late. Berto will tire from throwing and landing devastating shots on Mosley. I fully expect Shane to stop Berto and be way behind on the cards. It will be that kind of fight. Mosley will find a way to catch Berto, simple as that...

The guy is slowly but sure,ly cementing one heckuva legacy in his old age. Kudos if he fights Berto. Cant wait until Shane stops little Money, if he has the heart to face him. When Mosley and Hopkins win their next fights, they will change the name of Golden Boy to Golden Age Boy... Those two old ass men are special...
JLUVBABY
i cant pick berto for certain in this fight but berto is better than mayorga i think... win or lose i think berto will give mosely some fits... im probably one of the few that is actually interested in the fight.. i thought mosley should have fought him earlier (the night berto fought urango)... i dont think this is a walk in the park for mosley by no means.. berto has the speed to contest with him and can be explosive.. i think its a very interesting fight..
mrwigi
i just cant see berto pulling out a "V" against mosley. Just cant see it
JD
The amount of holding in this fight is going to make it tough to watch.

That said, Berto's chin won't hold up.
mrwigi
Just watched the collozo fight, and while he doesnt punch nearly as hard as shane, berto took a lot of punches against him. i hope he doesnt think he can sit wide open like that 4 shane. its almost like berto likes gettin hit.
King Eugene
Collazo was robbed. He should have atleast got a draw. I say this though, that was one tough fight. Berto fought Colazo's fight and made the fight harder than it should have been.
Douchebag
Mosley will put them thangs on Berto. One has to look no further than their respective fights with Collazo to see the difference class.
Big Slim Sweet
Mosley's gonna stomp a mud hole in Berto. Though I agree with some others the first half of the fight could be close.
Keith
Has anyone heard some word on this fight since Schaefer came east?
D-MARV
LOL at everyone thinking this will be a cake walk for Mosley. Berto poses some serious threats. No doubt Mosley wins but it will be competitive.
singletrack
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Aug 12 2009, 10:22 PM) *
LOL at everyone thinking this will be a cake walk for Mosley. Berto poses some serious threats. No doubt Mosley wins but it will be competitive.

The Mosley that showed up against Margarito beats the shit out of everyone at Welter save Cotto and Williams IMHO.

Berto has HUGE holes in his defense. He does that stupid pawing shit with his jab (doesn't work when you are the smaller guy) and often drops his left. His inside fighting is also horrible - he squares up, doesn't know how to tie up properly, defend himself, etc. Mosley would PUNISH him to the body, slow him down, and knock him out. That is if he didn't catch him with something huge early and just KO him. Collazo was able to land haymaker after haymaker on him...Luis just doesn't have that much power. If Mosley gets him hurt, he will put him away.

Berto has impressive speed and solid power - that's it. That's enough to barely beat a solid fighter like Collazo, but an elite Welter will destroy him. Berto has good natural ability, but he is totally raw. He needs a talented trainer and several more fights before even thinking about taking on an elite Welter.

Re-watch the Collazo fight, but imagine him fighting Shane instead of Collazo. Do you honestly think he would last more than 4 rounds taking those kinds of shots from someone with serious power at 147? I'm sure he would have moments where he might light Shane up with a combo from the outside, but they would be followed by sustained attacks from Shane.
singletrack
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 12 2009, 11:49 PM) *
Taking nothing away from Mosley. The display he put on against Margarito was quite special, but the thing is, the same Mosley that showed up against Margarito could try to show up, but that same plan won't work on everybody else.
I think the biggest things Mosley did was able to tie up when he did, and he literally loaded up on everything he threw. He had time to unleash the bombs he did against Margarito, he doesn't have the same time frame to execute what he did against most of the other welters. Not sure if Mosley can replicate that against everyone at 147.

I totally agree. But, I think the things that allowed him to execute that plan were endless energy and great strength. He also went to the body, which was a huge gap in the Cotto/Evangelista plan against Margarito. I just think he looked unstoppable from an output standpoint. I think there are guys that will give him problems in terms of style, but I couldn't believe how young he looked in that fight.
singletrack
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 12 2009, 11:49 PM) *
Taking nothing away from Mosley. The display he put on against Margarito was quite special, but the thing is, the same Mosley that showed up against Margarito could try to show up, but that same plan won't work on everybody else.
I think the biggest things Mosley did was able to tie up when he did, and he literally loaded up on everything he threw. He had time to unleash the bombs he did against Margarito, he doesn't have the same time frame to execute what he did against most of the other welters. Not sure if Mosley can replicate that against everyone at 147.

Oh...and the other thing I wanted to say is that, I do think that Mosley will show up against someone like Berto. If you watch the Collazo fight, Luis was able to LOAD UP on his punches in the early rounds and repeatedly hit Berto with "his" big shots. That's one of the reasons I see this fight as being so one sided.
Keith
Mosley has not had much of a problem with fighters smaller and with shorter reach then himself. Cotto beat him on the cards but it was an even fight in terms of punishment. I am not sure Berto can dish out enough punishment to discourage Mosley from stalking him. I think Berto will be in shock when he finds out he cant back up Shane.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Aug 12 2009, 09:22 PM) *

I don't think it will be a cake walk necessarily, but I do think when all is said and done Mosley will put a serious hurt on Berto.

Ultimately I don't see Berto being able to go 12 rounds with Shane.
Keith
I am really in the mood to watch Mosley vs Collazo. I cant find it anywhere... anyone have a link to a spot on the web I can stream it?
Vodoo
I can't believe people picking Berto, the dude is front runner and a bullshit artist. Not only would he never take a fight with Shane, but he appears to want no part of a Collazo rematch, and with good reason. Berto isn't a boxer, he's more of a brawler with a suspect chin and he really doesn't know what he's doing in there. All Mosley would have to do is pressure him for 2 or 3 rds and he'd KO Berto.

Then you got Cintron calling out Mosley too. I laugh at the thought of the softest guy in boxing going up against the toughest. Does Cintron really think he'd last 12 rds with Shane? I could see Shane stopping Cintron with one big body shot because Cintron is so damn soft as soon as Shane hits him he'd throw himself to the floor.

Mosley would destroy both of those guys and to be honest I think Berto and Cintron should be matched up because I have no idea who wins that one. If they're going to fight Shane though they'd be better off being tag team partners.
Keith
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Aug 18 2009, 06:46 AM) *
I could see Shane stopping Cintron with one big body shot because Cintron is so damn soft as soon as Shane hits him he'd throw himself to the floor.

If they're going to fight Shane though they'd be better off being tag team partners.

laugh.gif A couple of great lines.
singletrack
QUOTE (Vodoo @ Aug 18 2009, 06:46 AM) *
I can't believe people picking Berto, the dude is front runner and a bullshit artist. Not only would he never take a fight with Shane, but he appears to want no part of a Collazo rematch, and with good reason. Berto isn't a boxer, he's more of a brawler with a suspect chin and he really doesn't know what he's doing in there. All Mosley would have to do is pressure him for 2 or 3 rds and he'd KO Berto.

Then you got Cintron calling out Mosley too. I laugh at the thought of the softest guy in boxing going up against the toughest. Does Cintron really think he'd last 12 rds with Shane? I could see Shane stopping Cintron with one big body shot because Cintron is so damn soft as soon as Shane hits him he'd throw himself to the floor.

Mosley would destroy both of those guys and to be honest I think Berto and Cintron should be matched up because I have no idea who wins that one. If they're going to fight Shane though they'd be better off being tag team partners.

HAHAHAH - this is good stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.