Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: UFC 101: Declaration 9PM (CST) SPOILERS 9:15
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
The CEO
I'm expecting a serious battle here. Give me Florian by TKO in the 3rd round. It won't be considered too much of an upset either because they will come off as evenly matched...

Silva is going to knock Griffin out in the first round. Clean. New School MMA fans will overly proclaim him The #1 P4P again. I won't agree with them.
thehype
Florian by Unanimous Decision
I think Kenny's really come into his own since the Sherk fight. I'm not so sure this is the type of fight that can really motivate BJ to perform at his best. Those two factors combined probably means it'll be a competitive matchup that will go the distance. Both men will have their moments on their feet, but surprising a lot of people, I think Kenny's offense on the ground will be the difference and earn him the unanimous decision victory.

Silva KO2
As tough as he is, Forrest just gets hit way too much for my liking...that's not a good thing when you're facing one of the most accurate and deadly strikers in the sport. I'll give Forrest the benefit of the doubt and say he makes it out of the first round, but after that, Silva's gonna knock him out cold. It won't be Fight of the Year, but it might be Knockout of the Decade.
AussieLad
Tough fight to pick a winner in Penn vs Florian

Yes, i think ordinarily BJ would have a hard time getting motivated for florian, but after his dismantling by GSP at a higher weight, i think he will use this fight to try and make a statement. Penn by decision

I honestly think Silva is going to have a hard time with forrest, not hard enough to get beaten though. I think forrests height and leg kicks make this interesting, if only he had more power in his hands. It will be a stand up war, and it will end spectacularly. Silva by 3rd round stoppage.
Warlord
Penn's still messed up from that ass-whooping GSP put on him, but... I still can't pick against him in this case. Not against Kenny Florian. Kenny may pull off the upset, but I doubt it. Penn by G'n'P stoppage.

Going out on a HUGE limb... Forrest is victorious via G'n'P as well. Forrest stops Silva? Yikes! Oh well, too late to take it back now.
BigG
I expected this to happen..wow..one of the biggest mismatches I've ever seen. Poor Forrest.
The CEO
Damn....I said clean in the 1st...but clean with A BACKPEDDLING JAB??....LMAOOO!!...unbelievable.

It WAS right on the button, and he was coming forward though.....

Feel bad for Griffin. How embarrassing...
BigG
Great job BJ Penn. I couldn't stand Florians style of just pusing Penn and keeping him on the cage...ZzzZzzzzzz
The CEO
Was it competitive, G? I was doing family time and couldn't watch it...
BigG
Yeah it was only because Kenny Florian was pushing BJ up against the cage and was keeping there and smother him..but BJ bothered him everytime he let his hands go and even rocked Kenny in round 1.....round 4 BJ slammed his ass and was punishing him...then got a rear naked choke on him and forced Kenny to tap...it was a pretty dull fight for most of the fight.

Box in Hand
Kenny tried to use GSP's style and push BJ against the fence to wear him down. Poor strategy and I'm glad BJ submitted him. By the way, Roy Jones was at this fight scouting Silva. I think after that fight he ran out faster than Forrest did.
The CEO
Ok then...sounds like Florian wasn't fully confident in himself and his abilities....
BigG
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 9 2009, 06:01 AM) *
Kenny tried to use GSP's style and push BJ against the fence to wear him down. Poor strategy and I'm glad BJ submitted him. By the way, Roy Jones was at this fight scouting Silva. I think after that fight he ran out faster than Forrest did.

Roy Jones ain't scared trust me. Roy Jones would've done the same shit to Griffin. Griffin talent is that of a tomato can compared to a legend like Roy.
Romulus9
Nice call, CEO. KO 1

How embarrassing. Compare that performance to the one against Evans, then the one against Rampage, and ask yourself, "WTF?".

Penn proved himself once again. What a fighter. Florian's a good fighter but he wasn't ready for BJ and it showed big time.
BrutalBodyShots
It's quite fitting that Jones' name is mentioned in this thread with Silva... because Jones is exactly the name that came to mind tonight when I saw Silva catch Forrest with those quick ass counters. Prior to the KO jab, Silva caught Forrest twice I believe with lightning fast shots... with his hands at his sides... very Prime Roy Jones looking. I really do believe that Silva's ability is light years above anyone else in his division, much the way it was with Jones in his prime.

Romulus9
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 01:09 AM) *
Roy Jones ain't scared trust me. Roy Jones would've done the same shit to Silva. Silva talent is that of a tomato can compared to a legend like Roy.

Forget Silva.

I want Jones to fight Nick Diaz because he's such a loudmouth. Let him come lumbering in, hands apart, terrible footwork, against even a 40 year old Roy Jones and watch what happens after he eats that third or fourth uppercut.

Adios Nick.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 12:09 AM) *
Roy Jones ain't scared trust me. Roy Jones would've done the same shit to Silva. Silva talent is that of a tomato can compared to a legend like Roy.

Yes sir, a prime Jones would handle Silva but Roy is waaayyyy past prime. I think that would be a good boxing match but Dana isn't letting that happen so we'll never know.

BigG
I meant to say FORREST talent is of an absolute tomato can compared to an even 40 year old Roy Jones. Silva wouldn't be able to pull that shit off against someone much more superior to him IN speed and boxing. What Silva did was pure boxing inspired by Mayweather/Jones type fighters.....I saw this coming...Forrest is absolutely tailor made for a good BOXER like Anderson.
kidbazooka1
I don't know how much people here know about MMA but Forrest was really expected to give Silva a tough fight I think most knew Silva was gonna win but not many figured it would be in such a devastating fashion. After all Forrest did upset Shogun who was favored to win and beat Rampage Jackson who was also favored to win over Forrest. While it's true Forrest doesn't have the best technique the guy is a proven warrior and always gives a great fight and most experts and fans thought he was gonnna push Silva to the edge. But Silva showed why he is the #1 p4p MMA fighter in the world he made Forrest look like a f*cking bum and knocked him the f*ck out with a single jab going back unf*cking believeable.

Anderson is the SSR of MMA when it's all said and done i believe people will rememeber him as the GOAT.
BigG
KidBazooka I agree with what you're saying about Silva he might be the best fighter today..BUT...

I for one KNEW this was going to be a massacre. Forrest...reckless..no defens having fighter...who is chinny...against a sharp shooter like Anderson? This was a mismatch.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 01:28 AM) *
KidBazooka I agree with what you're saying about Silva he might be the best fighter today..BUT...

I for one KNEW this was going to be a massacre. Forrest...reckless..no defens having fighter...who is chinny...against a sharp shooter like Anderson? This was a mismatch.

oh yeah I knew Silva was gonna take him out eventually but i don't think many people expected it in the fashion that he did it.

I agree Forrest doesn't have the best D but he beat two highly ranked fighters in Shogun and Rampage Jackson to take the title and the way Silva just destroyed him says alot about his skills.

There's real good fighters like BJ, Fedor and GSP and then there's Anderson Silva who is head and shoulders above everyone in MMA.
BigG
I agree Rampage is my favorite love him but he would get tooled by Anderson..Anderson's only fight is against Machida, IMO..
Box in Hand
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 12:38 AM) *
I agree Rampage is my favorite love him but he would get tooled by Anderson..Anderson's only fight is against Machida, IMO..

Amen and I think Machida is the only one who has a chance. They're friends though and said they won't fight each other.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 01:38 AM) *

I agree but i highly doubt that fight will ever happen being that there real good firends and training partners but who know's for the right price they may be willing to go at it.

BigG
But to me this proves that anyone saying a world class boxer cant hack it in the UFC is a fuckin joke. You just saw PURE boxing demolish Forrest Griffin. Rampage uses pure boxing in all his fights.
The CEO
Silva-Griffin was obviously a HUUUUGGGGEEEE mismatch to me. I'm talking like a Pacquiao-Hatton mismatch...and just like the latter bout...I couldn't help but see it from a mile away...

You got a moving sniper with straight, crisp punches in Silva....and you got a lumbering guy who doesn't throw the best punches and uses his face as his D in Griffin...

Add those MMA gloves, and you get "Silva by KO soon".
thehype
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 9 2009, 02:14 AM) *
Silva-Griffin was obviously a HUUUUGGGGEEEE mismatch to me. I'm talking like a Pacquiao-Hatton mismatch...and just like the latter bout...I couldn't help but see it from a mile away...

You got a moving sniper with straight, crisp punches in Silva....and you got a lumbering guy who doesn't throw the best punches and uses his face as his D in Griffin...

Add those MMA gloves, and you get "Silva by KO soon".

Ditto. As soon as they announced the fight, I thought to myself, "Damn, what the fuck did Forrest do to piss off Dana White?"

I thought it was funny when Dana kept saying Forrest was going to "push" Anderson. On the contrary, Forrest had the perfect style to make Anderson look spectacular. I only regret giving Forrest the benefit of the doubt and saying he'd make it to round 2. My apologies to Mr. Silva.

laugh.gif

Ironically, I gave Ricky Hatton that same benefit of the doubt and said he'd make it to round 6. My apologies to Mr. Pacquiao as well.

laugh.gif
The CEO
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 9 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Ditto. As soon as they announced the fight, I thought to myself, "Damn, what the fuck did Forrest do to piss off Dana White?"

I thought it was funny when Dana kept saying Forrest was going to "push" Anderson. On the contrary, Forrest had the perfect style to make Anderson look spectacular. I only regret giving Forrest the benefit of the doubt and saying he'd make it to round 2. My apologies to Mr. Silva.

laugh.gif

Ironically, I gave Ricky Hatton that same benefit of the doubt and said he'd make it to round 6. My apologies to Mr. Pacquiao as well.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Same here on Pac-Hat...I threw a little on Round 3...but the majority of my bets were spread throughout the 2nd half of the fight......I gave a burger the benefit too....lol

I can understand many saying Forrest would make it competitive...based on his history, upsets and competitive showings and what not...it is MMA after all...which is way more "The Theater of The Unexpected" than Boxing is....

BUT...when two dudes are around the same size in a professional bout...if one's Fighting IQ and skills are that MUCH greater than the other's, it really reduces the physical advantages the lacking fighter may have...normally giving them only a Puncher's Chance or possibility for a fluke win...

P.S.~ Although it didn't look like Silva brutalized him....Griffin supposedly suffered a dislocated jaw and a busted eardrum.... black eye.gif
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 9 2009, 03:14 PM) *
laugh.gif

Same here on Pac-Hat...I threw a little on Round 3...but the majority of my bets were spread throughout the 2nd half of the fight......I gave a burger the benefit too....lol

I can understand many saying Forrest would make it competitive...based on his history, upsets and competitive showings and what not...it is MMA after all...which is way more "The Theater of The Unexpected" than Boxing is....

BUT...when two dudes are around the same size in a professional bout...if one's Fighting IQ and skills are that MUCH greater than the other's, it really reduces the physical advantages the lacking fighter may have...normally giving them only a Puncher's Chance or possibility for a fluke win...

P.S.~ Although it didn't look like Silva brutalized him....Griffin supposedly suffered a dislocated jaw and a busted eardrum.... black eye.gif

Just read a story that said it wasn't true. They don't know why he left so abruptly (EMBARRASSMENT, perhaps?) but it wasn't for health reasons.
The CEO
Well.....I hope he WAS busted up.....for his sake.

Even that turd, Tim Sylvia, stuck around and faced the music after Fedor took him out in 30 seconds....
Romulus9
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 9 2009, 06:00 PM) *
Well.....I hope he WAS busted up.....for his sake.

Even that turd, Tim Sylvia, stuck around and faced the music after Fedor took him out in 30 seconds....

Sylvia lasted longer with Fedor than he did with Ray Mercer.

Think about it.
The CEO
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 9 2009, 06:42 PM) *

Think about it.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I forgot all about that....

You're gambling for real if you bet heavy on MMA fights...
Imperius3
I didn't think Penn-Florian was all that competitive. Florian had an awful gameplan - it's great to try to outwork your opponent and tire them out but you need to do some damage, and he didn't score at all in the first three rounds, then got destroyed.

Griffin got his ass kicked, there's really no other way to say it.
King Eugene
I want to see Silva vs. GSP at middleweight! I'd still choose Silva by KO in 2
JLUVBABY
i'd like to see silva vs. gsp or machida... pref. machida...
kidbazooka1
As good as GSP is at 170'lb i don't see him putting up much of a fight once he gets hit he will go down.

Silva by brutal KO in the 1st.

Silva/Fedor would be the fight to see.
AussieLad
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 9 2009, 10:42 PM) *

Think about it.

LOL... i know what your saying, and couldnt disagree more

Mercer did a smart thing before the fight, and he convinced Sylvia through smack talk to trade with him with his fists. Sylvia did something stupid by obliging him, and got caught by a superior boxer with a huge punch. Look at how mercer performed against kimbo, a glorified street fighter who embraced the MMA rules... mercer got fucking stomped... by kimbo.... a bum in the mma circle

Think about that...
AussieLad
I think forrest made a huge mistake in trying to feel out silva. He was throwing alot of half hearted leg kicks to test the waters. He shouldve realised that doing that would let silva punch with impunity. Forrest has a good set of leg kicks, he shouldve been throwing them for all they were worth from the opening bell.

Yes i expected forrest to get stopped, but i figured he would at least go out swinging. He didnt even do that, he was like a wet noodle from the get go

Apparently the reason he didnt stick around to give an interview after the loss is that he had dislocated his jaw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.