Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko vs Arreola
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
In preparing to make a pick in this fight, I went back and rewatched Lewis vs Klitschko. I know you'll all say that Lewis and Arreola are soooo different. I agree that yes they are. However. We're talking about a flabby uninterested Lewis. Its clear that Lewis didnt train well for the fight. It appears that he was uninterested and unmotivated, hence his subsequent retirement afterward. The things I took from that fight are, that Lewis's jab really affected Klit. Klits dont like to get hit either. In every opponent since Lewis, he's had his way and not gotten hit. Of course Klit had a huge size advantage against those guys too.

I may be in the monority when I say that Lennox was on his way to KOing Vitaly. I'm of the thought that Lennox had Vitaly figured out. He could take Vitaly's punches and was slowly but surely finding placement for his power shots. It was just a matter of time. Those uppercuts almost decapitated Vitaly. Lennox was also finding a home for his home run right. I'm more in tune with the beginning rounds where Vitaly was hitting Lewis with 4 and 5 jabs and they didnt really affect Lewis until maybe the 5th punch. I think Vitaly's power is a bit overated. In those first few rounds, Lewis would TAP Vitaly with a jab and an occasional body punch which seemed to really bother Vit Klit.

Now Arreola should study the strengths of Lewis against Klitschko. Timing is the most important thing with Klit. Also, GO to the BODY!!!! Keep your hands around your head for defense. Klitschkos cant hit to the body. Learn how to jab when timing him!!! Vitaly's size will be a huge obstacle, but Chris has a good chin and good power. If he keeps his hands up and throws something meaningful when Vitaly gets near, he's got a shot. Landing to his body will wear his ass down. I'm pulling for Chris, but its not going to be easy. Kliscko is very cagey and deceptively quick and defensive. He doesnt commit himself to throwing hard punches. Vitaly rarely sits on his punches. He's speedy for a big guy and very accurate. You have to time him coming in. No way around it. When you time him, make sure it counts.
D-MARV
WAR ARREOLA!!!!

salvador
Lewis was 38 and about 15 pounds overweight when he fought Vitali. He had been preparing to fight the comically flabby Kirk Johnson, but Johnson got hurt in training and Vitali was a last minute replacement (I believe Klit was supposed to be on the undercard). I agree that Lennox probably would have ko'd Klit, but if he hadn't ko'd Klit by the 8th round, Lewis would have gone down due to age and lack of conditioning. Also, Klit stunned Lewis and Lewis was getting kind of desperate by the 3rd or 4th round. For my money, it was Lewis' finest hour as well as Vitali's.

(On a semi-funny side note, if you watch the fight, Lewis' last punch as a pro was actually a late shot after the bell that easily could have resulted in a point deduction.)

The bottom line is that Arreola ain't no Lennox Lewis by the widest margin - Christ, Arreola ain't no Sam Peter for that matter. The only way Klit loses this fight is by injury or a cut. This will be a massacre and will probably be Arreola's last fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 11 2009, 11:32 AM) *
Lewis was 38 and about 15 pounds overweight when he fought Vitali. He had been preparing to fight the comically flabby Kirk Johnson, but Johnson got hurt in training and Vitali was a last minute replacement (I believe Klit was supposed to be on the undercard). I agree that Lennox probably would have ko'd Klit, but if he hadn't ko'd Klit by the 8th round, Lewis would have gone down due to age and lack of conditioning. Also, Klit stunned Lewis and Lewis was getting kind of desperate by the 3rd or 4th round. For my money, it was Lewis' finest hour as well as Vitali's.

(On a semi-funny side note, if you watch the fight, Lewis' last punch as a pro was actually a late shot after the bell that easily could have resulted in a point deduction.)

The bottom line is that Arreola ain't no Lennox Lewis by the widest margin - Christ, Arreola ain't no Sam Peter for that matter. The only way Klit loses this fight is by injury or a cut. This will be a massacre and will probably be Arreola's last fight.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said. Vitali will probably win by brutal KO.

And Arreola certainly IS NOT Sam Peter. Peter is Horrible!
singletrack
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Aug 11 2009, 11:38 AM) *
And Arreola certainly IS NOT Sam Peter. Peter is Horrible!

Ehh - Peter had potential, and was showing improvement through the fights with Toney. Now I just think he is fat and lazy with a shitty camp. He should be fighting at 225-230, but came in at 265! for the chambers fight - what a joke.

singletrack
I'll be rooting for Arreola, but I don't give him much of a chance in this fight save a lucky punch. His defense is mediocre at best, he's out of shape, comes straight forward, and I doubt his corner will give him any useful advice in the fight. He seems to have solid power against B-level fighters (heh - that is just about the whole HW division these days), and does throw combinations, but I doubt he will be able to get off against Klit. I do think he'll at least go for it in the fight, which should result in a devastating KO.
BGv2.0
I think the only chance Arreola has is to go swinging for the fences. I actually thought Haye had and will have an EXCELLENT chance to beat Vitali.

BUT....Arreola is no Haye.

I think if he takes his shot early and just swings wild he might be able to at least earn enough respect from Vitali to slow the pace down so that he will be there for a few rounds...and if he punches as hard as it has sometimes seemed.....who knows....he could cut Vitali up.

At nearly 40.....despite the size and ability.....it's hard for me to always give Vitali a 100% chance at a win nowadays, despite the lack of talent in the division....because when a fighter starts to get in that age range....you just never know on what night they lose it all.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Aug 11 2009, 07:23 PM) *
At nearly 40.....despite the size and ability.....it's hard for me to always give Vitali a 100% chance at a win nowadays, despite the lack of talent in the division....because when a fighter starts to get in that age range....you just never know on what night they lose it all.

Agree with this, only thing i think is that Bitschko wouldnt be going in with Arreola if he wasnt 100% confident. I dont think Vitali has any intention of going in there with anyone he considers to be a live opponent, Klits constantly blame Haye for things breaking down, but i dont think either one truly wants him. I think haye is doing the right thing going after Valuev, and if he beats him there will be no hiding place for the Klits.

Vitali will smash up Arreola then flannel around for while before retiring, because the only 2 meaningful fights he could have are Haye or little bro. Dont see either coming off.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 11 2009, 10:32 AM) *

Agreed..I can only hope we don't see him walking into the ring with his face as fat as it was in his last fight..He would be exciting to an extent to the division but he I'm not into watching blubber jiggle on TV and get paid a lot of money for it..If he comes into this fight in shape like he has promised to do for the last year and a half or so,it could be a fun fight to watch but in the end,Klitchko will KO his ass bad..
STEVENSKI
Can I hope for a ring collapse & the lights pinning both guys down & ending their careers?
iron_mike
If it were Wlad he was fighting, then Areeola would be stuck all night on the end of the long, boring jab. V Klit is more willing to tangle on the inside and I predict Klit by 8th or 9th rd stoppage. Have we really seen Arreola's power? You can't say Vit has a glass chin, so I think he can take Arreola's shots and not be fazed
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 12 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Can I hope for a ring collapse & the lights pinning both guys down & ending their careers?

You should be a writer for those Final destination movies. You think of the most creative ways to kill and maim people. That shit is just funny as hell...
STEVENSKI
I just call it how I would like to see it thats all.

Fuck the heavyweights & fuck the Klitschko brothers in particular. I suppose Vitali is not so bad as he at least trys to dominate & beat the fuck out of his opponent but his fuckhead brother is the worst skilled big man I have ever seen. Wlad should be laying cunts out on mortuary slabs regulary & he fights scared like he was born with a vagina with protruding lips or something & he is scared of cock. We all know Wlad loves the cock though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 12 2009, 08:45 AM) *
I just call it how I would like to see it thats all.

Fuck the heavyweights & fuck the Klitschko brothers in particular. I suppose Vitali is not so bad as he at least trys to dominate & beat the fuck out of his opponent but his fuckhead brother is the worst skilled big man I have ever seen. Wlad should be laying cunts out on mortuary slabs regulary & he fights scared like he was born with a vagina with protruding lips or something & he is scared of cock. We all know Wlad loves the cock though.

hey stev. i ran out of bananas you mind if i get a few from you?... lol....
AussieLad
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 12 2009, 02:45 PM) *
We all know Wlad loves the cock though.

LOL... have you beeen giving him injections of vitamin beef stevenski?
caneman
I seen a pic of Arreola & he looked like he was weighing 300 lbs! IMO he should be fighting @ 235 tops! I hope the kid is ready!
War Arreola!!!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 12 2009, 07:31 AM) *

Not to Klitchko..If it weren't for both brothers,the division would be completely empty..
The CEO
Klitschko's gonna hit Arreola so hard, it'll unclog his arteries.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 12 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Not to Klitchko..If it weren't for both brothers,the division would be completely empty..

Hey that would not be a bad thing. The heavyweights suck & those few who have skills make it suck more because they fight scared. I hate them all & wish nothing but the worst for them.
provo
Arreola is weak ! Klits is going 2 kick his ass Arreola is overated imo..this man is garbage ... has no defense and just throws wide ass punches! I hope he gets layed out!
Anyone out there ! Is this fight on PPV??
King Eugene
Is it just me or Does Arreola fight like a Toughman Contest contestant!

WAR ARREOLA!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 12 2009, 09:03 PM) *

WAR ARREOLA!!!

hahahaha..That's dissin him real bad sayin he fights like a toughman contestant..Those guys are garbage..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 12 2009, 10:08 PM) *
hahahaha..That's dissin him real bad sayin he fights like a toughman contestant..Those guys are garbage..

He's a tough cat though. He has no shame in taking a knee either. I hope he some how pulls it out...if he does I dont think he'll keep the title long though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 12 2009, 09:39 PM) *
He's a tough cat though. He has no shame in taking a knee either. I hope he some how pulls it out...if he does I dont think he'll keep the title long though.

IF arreola is good enough to beat vitali he will reign for a while.. i figure if he can beat vitali and its not a lucky punch but can legitamatly beat him he should be good enough to beat wlad... in my opinion... who else is out there that could beat him after that?... not saying he beats vitali but just saying if he does then he's he man... fat sloth and all...lol
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 12 2009, 10:03 PM) *

WAR ARREOLA!!!

Yeah, I've though that too about him. We'll have to give it up to him that I think he will at least go in there and TRY to throw punches up until the last bell. I dont think he will end up like so many other Klit victims, wher they keep getting belted in the face and dont retaliate. i think Chris will get his and make Vitaly fight a bit more caustious than normal. Chris is a big tall guy. I'd say that he may be the biggest guy Vit has fought since Lewis.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 13 2009, 03:24 AM) *
Yeah, I've though that too about him. We'll have to give it up to him that I think he will at least go in there and TRY to throw punches up until the last bell. I dont think he will end up like so many other Klit victims, wher they keep getting belted in the face and dont retaliate. i think Chris will get his and make Vitaly fight a bit more caustious than normal. Chris is a big tall guy. I'd say that he may be the biggest guy Vit has fought since Lewis.

i agree with this assesment.. im not picking arreola to win, i cant pick him to win the fight because of the condition he has shown up in in the past but i do agree that he will more than likely force vitali to open more than he has had to in the past... vitali should win but this is a real fight...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 12 2009, 08:31 AM) *

Steve you do seem to have an obsession with the ring collasping killing both fighters simultaneously. It seems to be your favourite way to get rid of 2 fighters you don't like at the same time.

How about some kind of drive by shooting at the weigh in killing both guys? Or maybe Shady Nady going nuts during the fight and pulling out a knife stabbing both guys before slashing his own wrists after doing that goofy salute to the camera? Hey that would be a 3 in 1 deal. LOL

I'll take the Klit in this one and very easy. Arreola is (gulp) the poor man's Sam Peter. I can hardly believe there could be such a thing but somehow Arreola has managed it. You know he's been celebrating getting his title shot down at his local Dunkin Donughts shop. Dude is a disgrace and it will show.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I don't think Arreola has a shot here. I haven't been impressed with him and I just don't see him beating a fighter like Vitali Klitschko. Arreola was getting his ass beat good against Travis Walker until Walker gassed out. Walker kept him at range, and was landing good clean shots. If Travis Walker can do this against Arreola, certainly Klitschko's long jabs will find the mark. I respect Arreola's toughness, but this isn't a faded Jameel McCline here. Klitschko by dominating 7th Round TKO. I'll sure be cheering for Arreola though.
D-MARV
Walker's early attack is nothing like Klits. Walker's plan was to go in there and swing for the fences. Big bro will not likely through 100 punches in the first round. This beatdown will likely be how Stevenski likes it. Slow, painful, with a brutal ending.
Lil-lightsout
One good thing, from the looks of the pics, Arreola looks to be in tip top shape already. Love the heavies.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Aug 15 2009, 03:38 AM) *
Steve you do seem to have an obsession with the ring collasping killing both fighters simultaneously. It seems to be your favourite way to get rid of 2 fighters you don't like at the same time.

How about some kind of drive by shooting at the weigh in killing both guys? Or maybe Shady Nady going nuts during the fight and pulling out a knife stabbing both guys before slashing his own wrists after doing that goofy salute to the camera? Hey that would be a 3 in 1 deal. LOL

I'll take the Klit in this one and very easy. Arreola is (gulp) the poor man's Sam Peter. I can hardly believe there could be such a thing but somehow Arreola has managed it. You know he's been celebrating getting his title shot down at his local Dunkin Donughts shop. Dude is a disgrace and it will show.

LOL at the Nady one. That is right up my alley. I don't want these guys dead (well maybe Wlad) but I just don't want them to pollute the airwaves.
TheWhiteBuffalo
I can't even get excited over this one. This is a complete farce.

Arreola is the big, fat, sacrificial lamb who with limited abilities might make it a few rounds.

Garbage fight!
King Eugene
Arreola's trainer's plan for the Klitschko fight

By T.K. Stewart

Trainer Henry Ramirez hints that the strategy for his man, heavyweight contender Chris Arreola, will be to run straight at Vitali Klitschko and make the WBC belt-holder fight from the sound of the first bell. The two will meet in the ring at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sept. 26th.

“When the first bell rings, Chris is going to come out with guns ablaze and he's going to take the fight straight to Klitschko,” said an eager Ramirez, who is very much looking forward to having his man challenge for a heavyweight title belt.

Most industry observers are of the opinion the fight will end in a knockout – for either man – as Klitschko has a record of 37-2, 36 KOs while Arreola has similar big punch credentials with a ledger of 27-0, 24 KOs.

“I'm real excited about this,” said Ramirez. “A lot of people don't think we can do this and a lot of people doubt us, but I think Chris is going to make history.”

Ramirez has been with Arreola since he turned pro six years ago and he's happy that his man is finally getting his chance for a grab at the heavyweight brass ring.

“Chris is going to put on an exciting performance and he's going to come out there and go for it. He wants to put on an exciting fight and he doesn't want to get into a jabbing contest with Klitschko,” said Ramirez. “I'll say that whether he wins or loses that Chris is going to put on an entertaining and exciting fight.”

Ramirez, who likes to use the term, “guns blazing” thinks that the fight will likely come down to who fires the biggest and hardest shots and which man is able to impose his strategy.

“When have you ever seen Chris stand outside?” asks Ramirez. The game plan against Klitschko then will be to get inside and go to work. “I'd like to see Chris use his jab, come inside and close the distance. He's got to close the gap, because if he stands outside he'll be taking the brunt force of everything. He's got to close the distance on this guy.”

The 38-year-old Klitschko, now in the midst of his third stint as a heavyweight titlist, is a heavy betting favorite to dispatch Arreola who hails from Riverside, California. Most believe that his greater experience, higher quality of opposition and his punching power will be more than enough to send Arreola into the hands of defeat. But Ramirez obviously views Arreola's chances through a different prism.

“Look, people say Chris isn't this, Chris isn't that,” explains Ramirez. “People say he's a West Coast hype job, that he's not dedicated, that he's fat. I've heard it all and to be truthful there is some truth to some of that. But the one thing they can't say is that he isn't exciting. I think because he has flaws is what makes him the fighter he is and what makes his fights so exciting. Chris doesn't know how to fight going backwards and he's not a safety first guy and that's why people get so excited to see him. Whatever happens with Chris in the future, win or lose, he's going to be exciting.”
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (TheWhiteBuffalo @ Aug 19 2009, 06:48 PM) *
I can't even get excited over this one. This is a complete farce.

Arreola is the big, fat, sacrificial lamb who with limited abilities might make it a few rounds.

Garbage fight!

agreed
BGv2.0
I found it very telling in Arreola's blog that he mentioned LUNCH!!!! BUT.....never uttered a word about road work.
BGv2.0
DAMN! Arreola is a NASTY M'Fer!

Here he is in the position of a lifetime....getting promo spots on HBO....and he uses the time to say that the gym "smells like ass"...... thumbsdown_anim.gif

Even if it's true....I can think of 100 less crude ways to put it...for sure for a cable network promo....

Nasty bastard! I know it's his "every guy" appeal that gets him a lot of fans....but that shit is straight up funky every time I hear him say it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.