Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather,Marquez 'undercard'
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
provo
The undercard to the September 19 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr and Juan Manuel Marquez is starting to fill out. All-action lightweight Michael Katsidis will take on former US Olympian Vicente Escobedo in a 12-round fight for the interim WBO Lightweight title.

Katsidis and Escobedo join Chris John and Rocky Juarez in the undercard. John and Juarez will have a rematch for John

I think is is going 2 be a hella of a card ,I'll enjoy drinking some cold ones and watching these fights LOL, just wanted to get everyones thoughts on this card ? And do u think pac vs cotto will stack their card come Nov to compete with this one ???
Thoughts people ..LOL
JLUVBABY
does anyone else know what other fights are gonna be on the card?
The CEO
That undercard looks good to me...and to be honest...it didn't matter if it sucked....I'd be watching regardless...

Yes...I am one of the few who are lookin' forward to Marq-May.

P.S.~ Mean Mister Mustard WILL be watching too...he won't be able to resist.
King Eugene
I was watching it regardless...I just hate Winky and Zab aren't on the card.
Snoop
I'm impressed they're putting John/Juarez II on there. That was supposed to be a HBO headliner in itself, though it's probably pretty sad that I'm impressed by that since back in the day they used to jam pack them full of headliners. Sad to see how greedy PPV has become.

Wlad/Sultan Fitz? Damn, really?
provo
Zab judah is also suppose 2 be on the card vs antonio diaz!

1.mayweather vs marquez
2.chris john vs rocky juarez
3.katsidis vs escobedo
4.zab vs antonio diaz

That should be good one ,im getting that ! Does anyone know when closed circuit tickets go available in vegas???
Big Slim Sweet
Watch - John will pull out to make some defense in Indonesia for more money and Katsidis will break his hand training.

The undercard will wind up being complete garbage, like all undercards these days.
leonthegee
looks pretty good
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (provo @ Aug 13 2009, 07:04 AM) *
Zab judah is also suppose 2 be on the card vs antonio diaz!

1.mayweather vs marquez
2.chris john vs rocky juarez
3.katsidis vs escobedo
4.zab vs antonio diaz

That should be good one ,im getting that ! Does anyone know when closed circuit tickets go available in vegas???

IF this card goes down anyone else worried if zab doesnt ko diaz early and the juarez-john bout goes to the cards that we have another jones vs calz were the main event takes place at midnight?? no2.gif
iron_mike
I think John Juarez will be more entertaining than May/Marquez...still think John got jobbed, regardless juarez late comeback
JLUVBABY
i thought john got robbed in the first fight as well but i give the edge to rocky in this fight.. i think he;s goingto fight him the way he did late the whole fight.. what he did late was apply loads of pressure.... john struggled with the pressure from juarez...
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 14 2009, 03:32 AM) *
Haha, yep. Pretty pathetic, huh?

LOL. Nah. Everyone's got their shameful PPV purchases. Mine was either Jones vs Prince Badi Ajamu or that bullshit Pavlik/Cotto doubleheader. I'm sure there's other ones I've bought but I've managed to erase them from my memory.
iron_mike
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 13 2009, 10:23 PM) *
i thought john got robbed in the first fight as well but i give the edge to rocky in this fight.. i think he;s goingto fight him the way he did late the whole fight.. what he did late was apply loads of pressure.... john struggled with the pressure from juarez...

The late pressure by Rocky did make it close, but I still had John up by at least 2 rds....also was in Rocky's backyard.... John was still countering everythng Rocky threw at him, regardless, a draw wasn't the worst decision in the world, but I think John will win it this time, being more agressive this time
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Aug 14 2009, 08:06 AM) *
The late pressure by Rocky did make it close, but I still had John up by at least 2 rds....also was in Rocky's backyard.... John was still countering everythng Rocky threw at him, regardless, a draw wasn't the worst decision in the world, but I think John will win it this time, being more agressive this time

oh dont get me wrong i thought john won the fight.. i was there live for that one and i can tell you the houston crowd booed the decision... but what i'm saying is that rocky fought a diffrent fight later in the fight than he did early and if he brings that pressure early like in the first round and is able to sustain that through out the fight i see chris john having some major problems dealing with him.. im telling you it didnt look like john was comfortable at all with the pressure juarez put on him late in that fight...
iron_mike
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 14 2009, 09:15 AM) *
oh dont get me wrong i thought john won the fight.. i was there live for that one and i can tell you the houston crowd booed the decision... but what i'm saying is that rocky fought a diffrent fight later in the fight than he did early and if he brings that pressure early like in the first round and is able to sustain that through out the fight i see chris john having some major problems dealing with him.. im telling you it didnt look like john was comfortable at all with the pressure juarez put on him late in that fight...

That's true, but I look at it kind of like Marg/Williams, too little too late by Marg...I think John did enough in the first half to win the fight, and when Rocky did come alive and start turning it on, it wasn't like he was landing bombs ...anyway, I'm glad they are doing a rematch and hope there's no sudden blood illness or some factor that would make him pull out of the fight...blood illness....that wasn't John was it?? Who was that?? Haye had a back injury...Floyd ribs....who had the blood prob?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Aug 14 2009, 08:29 AM) *
That's true, but I look at it kind of like Marg/Williams, too little too late by Marg...I think John did enough in the first half to win the fight, and when Rocky did come alive and start turning it on, it wasn't like he was landing bombs ...anyway, I'm glad they are doing a rematch and hope there's no sudden blood illness or some factor that would make him pull out of the fight...blood illness....that wasn't John was it?? Who was that?? Haye had a back injury...Floyd ribs....who had the blood prob?

chagaev had the hep. in his blood..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.