Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today's FNF
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iron_mike
My friend's cousin Danny ' Swift' Garcia was supposed to be headlining tonight, now I don't see his name on Boxrec...forgot the dude's name, just that he was 17 3, 9kos. Danny was on FNF maybe 2 months ago, stopped Pavel Miranda in 2 rds, looks like a great prospect. According to his my firend (cousin), Danny didn't make the Olympics, but Oscar liked him so much he signed him and Danny Jacobs to GBP...where can I find a list of who's fighting tonight?
iron_mike
Jost got a txt from Danny's cousin 'opponent bitched out at last sec' oh well...but Garcia is nice to watch, he's fast, switches ortho to south like nothing, he's in the 'New Faces' in the Ring with Marg on the cover 'Why would anyone want to face this man'?, obv after the Cotto beatdown
MarzB
I think Vivian Harris is headlining tonight. I'm not sure what weight class he'll be campaigning in though.
iron_mike
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 14 2009, 01:48 PM) *
I think Vivian Harris is headlining tonight. I'm not sure what weight class he'll be campaigning in though.

Vicious Vivian? Unless he moved up, wasnt he always at jr ww?
MarzB
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Aug 14 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Vicious Vivian? Unless he moved up, wasnt he always at jr ww?

I remember in one of his whine fest him saying he was going to move up to WW. Based on his inactivity and his frame I'll be amazed if he can still make 140lb.

I've never seen Danny fight, will he be on the card tonight??
salvador
Vivian Harris is fighting a complete nobody named Noe Bolanos at 140. Bolanos has lost 4 of his last 6 fights, and one of those fights was at 126 and another was at 130. Basically it will be the showcase fight for Harris that the Maussa fight was supposed to be.

I'm stubbornly convinced that Harris has a great fight or two in him in spite of the Maussa fight (amateur night ect) and the Witter fight, where Harris looked awful. (The Witter fight looks especially bad in hindsight given how Witter looked in his loss to Alexander.) Maybe I just buy too much into his potential - Harris is fast and coordinated and he has a solid punch and I think he really wants it bad. Who knows?

The real FNF fireworks are coming two weeks from now with the Bailey-Urango fight. I could see that one being a highly entertaining scrap.

iron_mike
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 14 2009, 02:08 PM) *
I remember in one of his whine fest him saying he was going to move up to WW. Based on his inactivity and his frame I'll be amazed if he can still make 140lb.

I've never seen Danny fight, will he be on the card tonight??

I doubt it, my firend (Danny's cousin said there were 3 opponents, the 17 and 3, 9 kos guy pulled out, but if there's gonna be a replacement, there should be a ??? next to upcoming opponent, and he doesn't even have an upcoming fight according to Boxrec....I hope he does fight. Before I saw him KO Pavel Miranda in 2, my friend just said imagine a jr ww Cotto, crazy body punches. When I saw him fight, he is fast, sharp counters, strong, switches lefty to orthodox like nothing. He looks like the brightest star in GB's stable of upcoming guys. Fuck Ortiz especially after punking out. Even Atlas said he needs to step up his comp...for a 21 yr old, he looks like a complete fighter already
iron_mike
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 14 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Vivian Harris is fighting a complete nobody named Noe Bolanos at 140. Bolanos has lost 4 of his last 6 fights, and one of those fights was at 126 and another was at 130. Basically it will be the showcase fight for Harris that the Maussa fight was supposed to be.

I'm stubbornly convinced that Harris has a great fight or two in him in spite of the Maussa fight (amateur night ect) and the Witter fight, where Harris looked awful. (The Witter fight looks especially bad in hindsight given how Witter looked in his loss to Alexander.) Maybe I just buy too much into his potential - Harris is fast and coordinated and he has a solid punch and I think he really wants it bad. Who knows?

The real FNF fireworks are coming two weeks from now with the Bailey-Urango fight. I could see that one being a highly entertaining scrap.

Bailey is nice...I don't like what he did to Figueora, only because he's one of the few boxers I've met in person...super nice guy, took pics with him, he won some real ugly WBC belt that night on the Wlad/Brock undercard...never saw it, it was red... he was walking all down 7th ave near MSG after the fight with the belt over his shoulder lol

But that was a brutal ko, awesome 1 punch that ended it
salvador
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Aug 14 2009, 03:55 PM) *
he was walking all down 7th ave near MSG after the fight with the belt over his shoulder lol

Nice piece of jewelry!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was a scary moment there with Harris. He went to the corner and just collapsed with his eyes closed. The first thing I thought of was how Oscar Diaz collapsed in the corner, but Harris seemed to be doing better later on. I don't know if Harris should be fighting anymore. I mean he got knocked out pretty good against Maussa, stopped against Witter, dropped twice against a .500 level fighter, and now this. Obviously it's his choice to do what he wishes in his life, but he's not looking that good. He even looked a bit stung at the end of the 1st rounds. I wish Harris a speedy recovery.
MarzB
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 14 2009, 02:47 PM) *

I agree with Kyle that was scary. Also agree with the above sentiment.
JD
I dunno, I think Vicious Vivian is toast.
MarzB
Oh I'd like to add that was some of the WORSE matchmaking on a tv card I've ever seen.

Some of those guys were worse than club fighters. I mean talk about utter mismatches. There was a fight with a dude who was a writer by trade and I swear it looked like the guy never did a push up in his life much less know how to throw a jab.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 15 2009, 10:21 AM) *
I dunno, I think Vicious Vivian is toast.

I agree...lower than a gatekeeper...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 15 2009, 11:48 AM) *
I agree...lower than a gatekeeper...

Agree,

And Harris' opponent was just thrown in there as a scrub and than you have a moment like this happen. It should send a message that Harris should not be fighting anymore.

Jack
JLUVBABY
what i saw last night was the hurt in his kids eyes... harris has the potential but the way he went down last night didnt look good at all... it looked like a brain injury... i think he's just taken too many shots and the way he was hurt by the head butt is a good tell tell sign... he might be a ticking time bomb.. i think he should get out and enjoy his family and maybe train fighters etc...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.