Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Lacy weigh in Pics
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
For those who are interested, here are the weigh in pics from tonight's fight. Jones looks good as well as does Lacy. My pick is Jones, if his legs can hold up. It's a shame cause Lacy would be light years behind a prime Roy.

http://www.braggingrightscorner.com/jonesl...gall071409.html
JD
Call me nuts...but I actually give Lefthook a chance.
caneman
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 15 2009, 10:22 AM) *

I hope Lacy destroys Roy! Maybe if he gets put to sleep, I won't have to hear from him again!
D-MARV
Lacy certainly looks to be in great shape.

Believe it or not, Lacy said in a recent interview that he has never lifted a weight in his life.
Spyder
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Aug 15 2009, 10:57 AM) *
Believe it or not, Lacy said in a recent interview that he has never lifted a weight in his life.

That's straight up bullshit. I've seen him in the gym MULTIPLE times doing exactly that...
Douchebag

You are NUTZ.
provo
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 15 2009, 08:25 AM) *
That's straight up bullshit. I've seen him in the gym MULTIPLE times doing exactly that...

LMAO!
E.C.LEGEND
"I two piece dudes for livin' and I ain't talkin' bout chicken!" an old quote from Roy, hell he might even throw in a biscuit tonight! aggressive.gif
rusty_trombone
I believe Jeff Lacy musta forgot.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 15 2009, 11:25 AM) *

Jeff “Left Hook” Lacy worked out today in Biloxi preparing for Saturday night’s showdown against eight-time world champion Roy “Captain Hook” Jones Jr. This is Lacy’s first time fighting at the 175-pound weight limit and one would think he may come in a little soft, but that is definitely not the case. Lacy still has the sculpted body, only now he’s carrying seven more pounds of muscle (see attached photo).

“And I never lifted a weight in my life,” said Lacy. “It’s all natural, and that (ticks) some people off. If got most of it from my dad who is 6’4” 240 (pounds). Funny thing is, I’m the only one out of nine kids that is under 6-foot, except my one sister who is 5’11”. I have another sister who is 6’3”.”

Lil-lightsout

Your not nuts. I give Lacy a damn good shot too. Roy got a shaky chin and week legs, just the way Lacy wings those crazy bombs makes me nervous. I eventually see one of them landing and putting Roy to sleep. I do hope I am wrong though and Lacy still looks like his same one dimensional self and never lands anything big and flush on Roy.
Spyder
I wasn't calling bullshit that he said it...merely that I've seen him lifting weights with my own eyes. On more than one occasion.

It's a fair bet that I didn't witness historical events in Jeff's life. (meaning the only times that he had ever lifted weights)

It's hard to say this without sounding gay...lol...but his form was not indicative of a first time weightlifter. It was pretty obvious that he knew how to bodybuild.
The CEO
Hmmm.....their weigh in kinda makes me wanna watch this fight...

Box in Hand
Wow, after watching the weigh in I want Roy to do a Calzaghe on Lacy. Roy looks good, I'm just not liking his chin and legs.
JLUVBABY
i hate to say it but lacy has a shot in the fight... roys chin is very suspect now and his legs are not what they used to be.. if lacy pressures him hard and is landing effectively in doing so this will be a interesting fight...

as for lacy's physique i've seen guys that never lifted a weight have similiar physiques... the most effective way to get that way is pull ups... and mix in a lot of calastinic exercises and it is very possible to have a built physique like lacys.. ive never been in a gym with him but just saying it is possible.. in basic training i had a T.I that was ripped to shreds and never lifted a weight... all calastinics...
King Eugene
Roy is going to WAX that ASS!!!
JD
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 15 2009, 02:52 PM) *
Your not nuts. I give Lacy a damn good shot too. Roy got a shaky chin and week legs, just the way Lacy wings those crazy bombs makes me nervous. I eventually see one of them landing and putting Roy to sleep. I do hope I am wrong though and Lacy still looks like his same one dimensional self and never lands anything big and flush on Roy.

Exactly. If Lacy can maintain any power and ability to punch throughout the fight, I could seriously see him clipping Roy.
JD
LOL...I heard it was absolutely horrific.

So much for giving him a chance.
Douchebag
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 16 2009, 12:48 AM) *
LOL...I heard it was absolutely horrific.

So much for giving him a chance.

Told you.......
King Eugene
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Aug 16 2009, 12:59 AM) *
Told you.......

Just listen to the hook
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 16 2009, 04:43 AM) *
Man, that was a beating. JD, if you saw the fight, you would have seen that Lacy didn't have a chance. I understood the logic to the pick though, I felt Jones was going to win, but gave Lacy a good punchers chance. He didn't seem to have it in the fight, and I think the body work Jones did took the sting out of Lacy's shots.

I just hope to fuck you did not pay for this shit Fitz.
bababooey
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 15 2009, 11:43 PM) *
Man, that was a beating. JD, if you saw the fight, you would have seen that Lacy didn't have a chance. I understood the logic to the pick though, I felt Jones was going to win, but gave Lacy a good punchers chance. He didn't seem to have it in the fight, and I think the body work Jones did took the sting out of Lacy's shots.

It was definitely a lop sided fight. I was disappointed that Roy didnt jump on Lacy when he had him stunned and stumbling across the ring, instead he just slowly inched toward him for 15 seconds and didn't throw a punch. I love Roy Jones but I wish he would cut down a little on the showboating, I know its part of his shtick but it seems like he is overdoing it... I think if he did a little less showboating he could have easily taken Lacy out earlier in the fight.

Overall I thought Roy looked pretty good, his speed is still excellent for his age and his stamina looked good...I don't see the logic of him fighting Danny Green however, wish he would stay at 175 and try and fight the top guys.
Douchebag
QUOTE (bababooey @ Aug 16 2009, 05:18 PM) *
It was definitely a lop sided fight. I was disappointed that Roy didnt jump on Lacy when he had him stunned and stumbling across the ring, instead he just slowly inched toward him for 15 seconds and didn't throw a punch. I love Roy Jones but I wish he would cut down a little on the showboating, I know its part of his shtick but it seems like he is overdoing it... I think if he did a little less showboating he could have easily taken Lacy out earlier in the fight.

Overall I thought Roy looked pretty good, his speed is still excellent for his age and his stamina looked good...I don't see the logic of him fighting Danny Green however, wish he would stay at 175 and try and fight the top guys.

Roy ALWAYS does that. The only time where I can remember Roy having anything close to a killer instinct was in the second fight with Montell Griffith.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Aug 16 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Roy ALWAYS does that. The only time where I can remember Roy having anything close to a killer instinct was in the second fight with Montell Griffith.

roy had plenty of killer instinct till he got to the lt. heavy weight division.. wasnt it art sewarno he hit so hard he fell into a seizure?...

Douchebag
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 17 2009, 06:58 PM) *
roy had plenty of killer instinct till he got to the lt. heavy weight division.. wasnt it art sewarno he hit so hard he fell into a seizure?...

I wasn't following boxing back then but look how far back you have to go to find Roy with a killer instinct. My point still stands.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Aug 17 2009, 06:37 PM) *
I wasn't following boxing back then but look how far back you have to go to find Roy with a killer instinct. My point still stands.

my point was that roy had the instinct back then.. his style changed when he moved up lt. heavy.. that pop that he had didnt move up with him... but he still had the blinding speed and combos and the flash.. he didnt really go into that rope a dope till he dropped back down from heavyweight... he used to do it but not nearly as much as he has in the rescent past after he dropped down from heavyweight...
King Eugene
I think he lost his killer instinct after going to Heavyweight. I wasn't fighting for the KO against Ruiz nor Tarver 1. He had Ruiz hurt once but not enough to go after him and he just showed heart and pulled out the win in the first Tarver fight. Before that he fought Clinton Woods and tried to take him out but he was just a tough dude.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 17 2009, 09:55 PM) *
I think he lost his killer instinct after going to Heavyweight. I wasn't fighting for the KO against Ruiz nor Tarver 1. He had Ruiz hurt once but not enough to go after him and he just showed heart and pulled out the win in the first Tarver fight. Before that he fought Clinton Woods and tried to take him out but he was just a tough dude.

yeah he had plenty killer a light heavy...that beating he gave richard hall was legendary..and he dropped some heavy sh*t on dude. That move to heavy and back down.....didn't see it no mo. Almost like he didn't trust his stamina to "go for it" at times when he should have just done just that...instead he seemed to pace himself...even when he had a hurt guy

all in all...he for damn sure now at 40 aint trying to put NOBODY away and risk stamina and getting a "jermain taylor" type result from going all out so often and early.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.