Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Jones vs. Lacy: 7:30 PM CST (SPOILERS@ 7:45)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
This thread is for all on-going comments and post-fight reactions to the Jones-Lacy card. Keep Everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
i'm hoping most of you guys are in chat tonight.. it should be fun...
MarzB
I'm such a HYPOCRITE. I totally blasted this fight and my god. I can't put this boxing crack pipe down ("Scotty help me" )! I just bought it threaten.gif

Seriously speaking though. Most of my friends who really aren't into boxing know I get most of the PPVs. This summer was a TERRIBLE one for boxing with all the cancellations, reschedules and all. So I guess buying this makes up for having not bought any this year (I saw pac/hatton in a bar outta town). I wonder is my situation unique (I doubt it) more to the point, I wonder if this fight will have more buys because of the lack of boxing this summer..hm..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 15 2009, 05:49 PM) *
I'm such a HYPOCRITE. I totally blasted this fight and my god. I can't put this boxing crack pipe down ("Scotty help me" )! I just bought it threaten.gif

Seriously speaking though. Most of my friends who really aren't into boxing know I get most of the PPVs. This summer was a TERRIBLE one for boxing with all the cancellations, reschedules and all. So I guess buying this makes up for having not bought any this year (I saw pac/hatton in a bar outta town). I wonder is my situation unique (I doubt it) more to the point, I wonder if this fight will have more buys because of the lack of boxing this summer..hm..

i buy most of them too marzb....lol... i struggled on this one but bought it earlier today... i will have two tv's going watching the cyborg carrano fight on one and jones lacy on the other.. the undercard is actually descent and at $35 its not a bad buy to see possibly the last if not one of the last fights of roy jones...
MarzB
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 15 2009, 05:57 PM) *
i buy most of them too marzb....lol... i struggled on this one but bought it earlier today... i will have two tv's going watching the cyborg carrano fight on one and jones lacy on the other.. the undercard is actually descent and at $35 its not a bad buy to see possibly the last if not one of the last fights of roy jones...

J, if you got two tvs going surely you have some guests coming through right? Then it's not so bad.

Guaranteed had I not, I would have found a stream for this.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 15 2009, 06:44 PM) *
J, if you got two tvs going surely you have some guests coming through right? Then it's not so bad.

Guaranteed had I not, I would have found a stream for this.

actually i dont have any guest tonight.. i dont feel like the company.. just me and my daughter...
King Eugene
Of course you guys know I bought it. No company...I never invite anyone over when Jones fight. Dont like hearing peoples mouths while I'm focused. I cooked myself some Talapia, green beans, baked mac and cheese, and some good ol country style cornbread and washing it all down with some brews. Damn its on....

WAR ROY!!!
The CEO
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 15 2009, 08:57 PM) *
Of course you guys know I bought it. No company...I never invite anyone over when Jones fight. Dont like hearing peoples mouths while I'm focused. I cooked myself some Talapia, green beans, baked mac and cheese, and some good ol country style cornbread and washing it all down with some brews. Damn its on....

WAR ROY!!!

Damn...I'm gonna feel bad for you if Roy goes night night again....hate to see such a fine meal and evening get spoiled...

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 15 2009, 08:07 PM) *
Damn...I'm gonna feel bad for you if Roy goes night night again....hate to see such a fine meal and evening get spoiled...

LOL, good ol CEO planting doubt on King. If Jones trained hard he should have no trouble.
King Eugene
I have no doubt...Roy is whippin ass tonight! It'll look like the Omar Sheika fight all over again.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 15 2009, 09:16 PM) *
LOL, good ol CEO planting doubt on King. If Jones trained hard he should have no trouble.

laugh.gif

Just tryin' to add some spice to King's night.

I'm thinking Lacy has a 34% chance btw...
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't know why they called this PPV hook city, they should have called it |uppercut" city because that's what Lacy is going to be eating all night long.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAR J Litzau baby. That was domination he's looked the best he's ever looked. Beward jr. lightweight division he comin. Bring that title back to MN!!!! WOOOO! This is going to be a good card I think, not a bad buy for 35.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 15 2009, 08:28 PM) *
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAR J Litzau baby. That was domination he's looked the best he's ever looked. Beward jr. lightweight division he comin. Bring that title back to MN!!!! WOOOO! This is going to be a good card I think, not a bad buy for 35.

lol.. yeah jason just beat the hell out of that kid.. i was hoping for that to be a better fight... i didnt know anything bout jasons opponent...
JLUVBABY
this mendoza flores fight might be good... mendoza looks like he came to fight tonight...
JLUVBABY
cruiserweight is just to big for mendoza.. he's too damn slow at the weight...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Mendoza didn't have any answer to the jab and right of Flores. That straight 3 combo was looking really nice, and I thought he was on his way to stopping him. Too bad Mendoza threw his arm out though, that would have gone on a few more rounds. Flores looked a bit more agressive tonight, and I'd like to see him against Matt Godfrey.

I knew Jay would do that...He was way taller and had a huge reach advantage. All he had to do was stay disciplined and fight tall. That's what he did and we all saw the result. If Litzau fights like that, he's a threat to anybody in the division.
Spyder
I've just spent the last hour looking for a stream. lol
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Sorry man, hope you find one. That's awesome they show filler fights like FNF when the first two end short. That was a brutal right hook by that one dude, but it was a quick stoppage. Danny Green next.
King Eugene
Dude was clearly out on his feet for like 2 seconds then quickly recovered. Gots to do mo betta!
Spyder
I think I finally found one but I'm not sure it is actually gonna work. laugh.gif
King Eugene
If Danny Green isn't careful he might get stopped himself!
King Eugene
Is Green's nose broke?
JLUVBABY
is jones talking bout fighting green next if they both win?
JLUVBABY
is it just me or was that a long round here where green knocks out dominguez?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That Green fight was kinda BS. That 5th round sure seemed to go about 10 seconds too long, and the bell should have rang. Dominguez wouldn't have won the fight, but he still should have gotten a chance to recover. Both guys landed some good shots, but Green had the more powerful punch. He pretty much won every round, and knocked him down a couple times. Dominguez just couldn't take the power.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I actually think Lacy has a shot in the main event. Jones lays on those ropes a lot, and Lacy could do some damage there. This ain't the same Roy Jones from even a few years ago. I think Roy will win but it will be interesting.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 15 2009, 09:44 PM) *
That Green fight was kinda BS. That 5th round sure seemed to go about 10 seconds too long, and the bell should have rang. Dominguez wouldn't have won the fight, but he still should have gotten a chance to recover. Both guys landed some good shots, but Green had the more powerful punch. He pretty much won every round, and knocked him down a couple times. Dominguez just couldn't take the power.

so it wasnt just me... that was a long round dominguez wouldnt have won but he deserved the chance to recoup between rounds.. a protest may not help him but it needs to be addressed...
King Eugene
This fool just said Shake and Bake Bobby. I bet it was his first time seeing that move lol.
Spyder
Any of you guys gonna do a round by round?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Nah, im in the other room watching the fight. They're showing the last couple roudns to Sheika-Jones right now, while the two fighters get warmed up. Should be done round 11 though.
Spyder
Sweet...I found one! yes2.gif
King Eugene
Damn its empty in there lol.
Spyder
At least Roy didn't break the bank for the national anthem singer. laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 15 2009, 11:15 PM) *
At least Roy didn't break the bank for the national anthem singer. laugh.gif

LOL

Damn Lacy complaining about the gloves now.
Spyder
They never decided on the gloves?!? WTF lol
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Fuck man, the MS commission says that both fighters have to wear the same gloves...Lacy is not agreeing to that and it's delaying the fight until further notice. Lacy will come to once they threaten to not pay him.
Spyder
Daniel Edouard is doing the ringside commentary? Man, Roy doesn't want to pay for shit! haha
King Eugene
Roy agreed to the Everlast.

"They want me to wear everlast, well I'm a give him an everlasting ass whippin" Roy before the Tito Fight

laugh.gif
King Eugene
Hoops fucking Jeff Lacy now?
King Eugene
Dumb fucka...free advertisement!
E.C.LEGEND
Lacy aint ready to fight...he got hoopz in the locker room! lol
King Eugene
Did you just hear Roys interview? laugh.gif funny as hell.
Spyder
It's gotta suck to have Flava Flav's sloppy seconds! laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 15 2009, 11:31 PM) *
It's gotta suck to have Flava Flav's sloppy seconds! laugh.gif

And she use to slob him down too. You know she sucked him off. I dont give a dang what nobody says.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 15 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Did you just hear Roys interview? laugh.gif funny as hell.

What did Crazy Ass Roy say? Damn i'm missing the fight. I hope Roy putting an old school beat down on that washed up Lacy. Roy is so awesome these days.
King Eugene
Am I the only one that noticed that there are some pretty fine women at this fight?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 15 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Am I the only one that noticed that there are some pretty fine women at this fight?

plenty of trim king eugene at the fight.. i just got off the phone with scotty (Haedhead on the forum) and he is telling me it is ho city out there...
King Eugene
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 15 2009, 11:38 PM) *
plenty of trim king eugene at the fight.. i just got off the phone with scotty (Haedhead on the forum) and he is telling me it is ho city out there...

Man I'm a start calling you Lester off Barbershop

"Maybe after I get a trim, you can give me some trim"

laugh.gif
King Eugene
Roy went overboard with those Captain Hook interviews lol. That damn wig!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.