Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Donaire vs. Conception@ 8 PM CST (SPOILERS@ 8:15)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all on-going comments and post fight reactions to the Donaire-Conception card.

Jack

Administrator
Byrd Man
Surprised nobody appears to even care that not only did Concepcion come in nearly 5 pounds over the limit of 115lbs, but that he flat out said he didn't give a shit that they fined him and he can't win the title. That he just wants to beat Nonito.

Sounds to me like someone that is willing to do "whatever it takes" even if that's violate the rules.

I hope Nonito punishes him badly tonight. No lasting damage, just put a clinic on that ass.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 15 2009, 09:53 PM) *
Surprised nobody appears to even care that not only did Concepcion come in nearly 5 pounds over the limit of 115lbs, but that he flat out said he didn't give a shit that they fined him and he can't win the title. That he just wants to beat Nonito.

Sounds to me like someone that is willing to do "whatever it takes" even if that's violate the rules.

I hope Nonito punishes him badly tonight. No lasting damage, just put a clinic on that ass.

LOL he doesn't give a shit. What a guy.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
If anybody has a stream of this, could you send me a PM please? I might be able to catch the main event.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 15 2009, 07:56 PM) *
LOL he doesn't give a shit. What a guy.

lol...that wasn't the exact quote, of course....from what Nonito's wife said in her piece she posted up today, he essentially said he wasn't concerned with the fine nor the fact that he couldn't get the title because of it, and that beating Nonito was his main goal.

There's conflicting reports about whether he actually tried to lose the weight. They were told that Raf was in the sauna after coming in over the limit by 4 pounds, but Rachel Donaire sent someone in their camp to the sauna to see if he was there, and he wasn't.

I dunno. But I just think it's kinda low rent to be that blatant about it and say something like that, when you're that much over the weight, and to act like you don't even care.
torvix2000
Yeah! Donaire was on his bike after he knew Concepcion could hurt him. Lucky for him, the ring's too big. But Concepcion is clearly BIGGER!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.