Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clips of Some All Time Badly Ref'ed Fights
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
The site below is a composite link to highlights of some of the worst ref jobs in boxing.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/8/15/98748...refereed-fights

Jack
Romulus9
How can Alex Garcia vs. Bernard Benton not be on that list? Seriously?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Aug 20 2009, 09:49 AM) *
How can Alex Garcia vs. Bernard Benton not be on that list? Seriously?

I agree! Holy fuck was that a badly ref'ed fight! It is very fortunate that Benton did not die that night.

Jack
Jack 1000
More thoughts on the selected fights:

I am not sure if Bute-Andrade should have been included by the authors. That's one of those 50/50 fights on did the ref make the right call or not. I think the ref probably did the right thing, but his biggest mistake was making too big a deal over the neutral corner rule, and Andrande moving away from it, when he should have been looking at Bute's condition the whole time during that infamous long count.

I also agree that the other fights represent either ineptness or corruption. I think in Bute-Andrade and Chavez-Taylor, that is open to interpretation. After initially disagreeing with Steele's decision to stop the Chavez-Taylor fight, after reading the post-fight hospital reports on Taylor's condition, I now agree with the stoppage.

Jack
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 20 2009, 01:58 PM) *
I agree! Holy fuck was that a badly ref'ed fight! It is very fortunate that Benton did not die that night.

Jack

i remember watching this fight on usa network... i thought he was killing the guy.. the ref just stood there like benton had a chance to come out of it...
JLUVBABY
another fight that had terrible officiating was the mcclellan vs. benn fight... had that fight been here in the states it would have been over with in the first round...
MarzB
We should add Malignaggi and Diaz to this list,lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.