Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ishe Smith-Danny Jacobs.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think this will be a close fight. Jacobs couldn't get Mike Walker outta there, and there were a couple close rounds in there. I think Smith is way above the level of Walker, with all due respect. However, Smith tends to get lazy in his fights and not throw punches. I expect Jacobs to be the busier fighter, but won't get too many clean shots in. However, this will build up a lead on the scorecards. Smith will have his moments though, and I don't think we've seen Jacobs hit clean too much. Who knows how he'll take that big right hand that 's coming tonight. However, Smith's inactivity will be the main factor in this fight. If Ishe throws punches I think he pulls it off, but not happening. Jacobs by close but clear decision.
The CEO
HeShe Smith fights aren't worthy of our predictions...
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah, Smith is very too defensive and neglects his offense. Maybe tonight's the night he decided to go all out and make a point but that's just "what if". I expect Jacobs to decision him because Smith is good at slowing the fight down to his pace.

By the way, will this be telivised?
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 22 2009, 09:57 AM) *
HeShe Smith fights aren't worthy of our predictions...

LOL, man I was thinking the same thing.
rusty_trombone
Kyle, you are a Spinks lover and start threads about Ishe Smith. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you only like boxers that are gay as hell?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Im not a fan of Ishe really. I'm friends with him on facebook though, so I've seen his status updates from camp for the last few weeks. I'm kind of excited to see the fight, since Jacobs could be a potential star in this sport. He's been on ESPN and some PPV undercards. I'm looking forward to see how he looks on HBO against Sugar Shay.
King Eugene
I thought we weren't allowed to make any more threads that had anything to do with this Smith character.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 22 2009, 06:36 PM) *
Im not a fan of Ishe really. I'm friends with him on facebook though, so I've seen his status updates from camp for the last few weeks. I'm kind of excited to see the fight, since Jacobs could be a potential star in this sport. He's been on ESPN and some PPV undercards. I'm looking forward to see how he looks on HBO against Sugar Shay.

you really need to pick your friends better, i would have never accepted ishe smiths friend request.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 22 2009, 06:48 PM) *
I thought we weren't allowed to make any more threads that had anything to do with this Smith character.

yeah, we should get CEO to enforce this new unwritten rule of the boards
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 22 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Im not a fan of Ishe really. I'm friends with him on facebook though, so I've seen his status updates from camp for the last few weeks.

WTF? This makes just as much sense as all of your posts do.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ouch....im sorry my posts don't make sense for ya lol. Just cause im friends with a fighter on facebook doesn't mean he's got to be one of my favorites. I think it's awesome when any athlete posts updates from their camp and gives you that insight to what they're doing. I appreciate that he takes some time to let the fans know what's going on. I don't hate Ishe like some on this board, as I think he's a good dude. I think it's a shame his career has gone the way it has, but that's his own fault. If I was a huge fan of Smith, I don't think I would have posted earlier that Jacobs would win a decision.
iron_mike
Sucks, my friends cuz, Danny Garcia is on tonight's undercard, but HBO not showing it. Fighting Oscar Leon, never heard/seen, but 28 9, 18 KO according to Boxrec, fought and lost to some name fighters-Humberto Soto, Chris John, Smoke Gainer. This is Garcia's biggest test to date, and hope he pulls it off. He starts winning, hopefully he'll be on tv fights in the near future
The CEO
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 22 2009, 07:01 PM) *
yeah, we should get CEO to enforce this new unwritten rule of the boards

lol...you know I like the idea of locking Smith AND Mora threads down...but that's not my call....that would be up to Hype...
STEVENSKI
Who is the Ishe Smith?
iron_mike
I cant stand Lawrence Cole, that point reduction was bs
pacco_diablo
I like Ishe but I dislike boxingtalk even more.
Method
I could care less about Ishe, but I thought the scores were a LOT closer than the cards. That is kinda ridiculous.
iron_mike
AND... more I see Jacobs, more I dislike him...he's kinda dirty and agree with Method, those judges were smoking something, NO WAY Jacobs won that many rds
The Original MrFactor
Jacobs id featherfisted. Strange that he has all thopse KO's. He will be pummeled by a middleweight with some power. Dont see much coming out of him in the future...
STEVENSKI
Well if Ishe got robbed he deserved it. Mr Leon obviously did not grease the right hands to ensure the nod. What a fighter, what a advisor, what a combination. LOL LOL LOL
Douchebag
I didn't stick around for the dec, but it was clear to me that Jacobs won the fight. I think he has a lot of potential. He obviously has a little pop in his gloves as his record shows, he just has to learn how to mix in his power shots when he is in boxing/counterpunching mode. Maybe a new corner can help him get to the next level.
rusty_trombone
3 pages?
iron_mike
I'm telling you, Jacobs is not impressive...we saw Ortiz implode vs Maidana, GBP NEEDS to start pumping up/promoting Danny 'Swift' Garcia..KO'd Oscar Leon on the Diaz/Malignaggi undercard. He fought (but lost to) H. Soto, Chris John, Anthony Peterson, Smoke Gainer, and Danny, who's only 21 KO'd him in 3. GBP want to push their young stablemates? Pump this guy up!! At least show his undercard fights on tv. The one time he was on FNF, he dropped Pavel Miranda 3x, and KO'd him in the 2nd. They need to push this guy cause his star looks brighter than Jacobs and Ortiz put together
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.