Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO:Diaz vs. Malignaggi 8:45 CST (SPOILERS@ 9)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post fight reactions to tonight's Diaz-Malignaggi card. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
iron_mike
Does anyone think Paulie has a chance? I wouldn't go anywhere near to say Diaz is damaged goods, (like Hatton 99.9999% is) but to go from undefeated to 1st loss, then a KO a year later, maybe his confidence is a lil shot? I still think Diaz by KO in middle to late rds, but does Paulie have any hope? I can't see him winning, unless he really boxes, and stays away from Diaz' power punches cause if he tries to slug it out, I think he gets stopped within 4, even tho he's fought 140 most of his career and Diaz 135
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Anybody gonna be in the chat room for the fights?
Col Reb
Come on chat and talk about the fight. Guests welcome, just sign up.
The CEO
Retire, Smith...you don't want it enough...in fact, you NEVER wanted it enough.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Really...sometimes I wonder. 100-89 is one of the worst scorecards I've ever seen and that point deduction was ridiculous. Jacobs hit on the break and after the bell and nothing happened to him. Ishe landed clean hard punches all night and placed effective pressure on Jacobs. Jacobs didn't land no 254 punches in that fight either. The deck was stacked against Ishe and they want to make Jacobs the next star. That was a close fight, and Smith was fucked from the beginning. It wasn't a robbery, but 100-89 is just awful. Maybe im a closet ishe smith fan but whatev yo.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 22 2009, 10:44 PM) *
Really...sometimes I wonder. 100-89 is one of the worst scorecards I've ever seen and that point deduction was ridiculous. Jacobs hit on the break and after the bell and nothing happened to him. Ishe landed clean hard punches all night and placed effective pressure on Jacobs. Jacobs didn't land no 254 punches in that fight either. The deck was stacked against Ishe and they want to make Jacobs the next star. That was a close fight, and Smith was fucked from the beginning. It wasn't a robbery, but 100-89 is just awful. Maybe im a closet ishe smith fan but whatev yo.

Could not agree with you more. I thought it was a close tough fight, with Jacobs deserving the win. But why the fuck does boxing week after week gotta be so damn corrupt? 100-89??? The point deduction? I always found Ishe to be boring to watch in the past, but I think he gave it his all and tried to atleast win, and made it a good fight to watch.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
GO PAULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
Guerrero can box, but I wanna see him go to sleep....don't like him either.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Aug 22 2009, 08:49 PM) *
Does anyone think Paulie has a chance? I wouldn't go anywhere near to say Diaz is damaged goods, (like Hatton 99.9999% is) but to go from undefeated to 1st loss, then a KO a year later, maybe his confidence is a lil shot? I still think Diaz by KO in middle to late rds, but does Paulie have any hope? I can't see him winning, unless he really boxes, and stays away from Diaz' power punches cause if he tries to slug it out, I think he gets stopped within 4, even tho he's fought 140 most of his career and Diaz 135

No Paulie doesn't have a chance because he is a feather fisted faggot.
The Original MrFactor
PAULIE WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!! 118 - 110 is total BS... When they read the scorecards, I thought that Paulie was the one that was up on all cards. I was in total shock when they said DIAZ... This sux!!! Paulie was right in all of his rant at the end of the fight too. He was absolutely robbed. Decent fight, horrible decision...
JD
I had it 115-113 Paulie which did not surprise me, but I knew when the cards were read that the nod was going to Diaz.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This is why UFC is more popular than boxing. Some of these scorecards are just ridiculous. I knew we were gonna have a rough night when I heard 100-89, and 118-110 is even worse. Golden Boy is fucking this sport up more than they are helping it. The deck was stacked against Paulie from the start. They made him cut more weight, take a smaller ring, have to deal with Lawrence Cole, and then have those fucked up judges. I love the post fight interview too, tell it how it is. I hope he tells Oscar to fuck off too. I mean straight up, that fight was a draw at worst. I had it 116-112 Malignaggi. He took over in the last four rounds, and outboxed Diaz big time. I just don't get 116-112 or 118-110. 118-110 is just straight corrupt and that takes fans away from this great sport. I love boxing and will never stop watching, but some will walk away. I train at the boxing gym, love the sport, but damn it's a bullshit business.
The Original MrFactor
BTW, I had it 116-112 Paulie. I thought Paulie boxed beautifully. I didnt think there was a question as to the decision.
kidbazooka1
F*ck that Max was bias as f*ck tonight being a new yorker he was pro Mallingnaggi all the way. Paulie didn't win that f*Cking fight though the f*cker ran for alot of rounds there's a difference between boxing and just running and pawing with a jab just to survive. Diaz came to fight landed the more telling blows and took a close but clear decision win.

If paulie doesn't like being in cloe fights then that bitch ass muthafC8ker should learn to actually fight and look like he wants to win.

Guerrero fought a real good fight and boxed the sh*t out of Klassen great win wouldn't mind seeing him in with Linares or Soto.
The CEO
Good fight...

I'll be damned if Paulie didn't come out gangbusters and let his hands go...being the busier man....that was unexpected...but iMo, Diaz was the more spirited/effective of the two and, did indeed, EARN the decision...7 rounds to 5.

If Paulie hadn't gotten on his bike in the 2nd half of this fight, he could have earned it in my eyes...but all that circling and jabbing and missing from halfway on doesn't cut it in my book...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
bazooka, with all due respect, Malignaggi was snapping that up jab and it was landing. It's called boxing for a reason, and he did a good job moving in and out and frustrating Diaz. He dominated roudns 9,10, and 11. Diaz had his moments, but paulie did a great job tonight I think. Even you have to admit 118-110 is just a terrible scorecard. That's the shit that takes fans away from this sport.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 23 2009, 12:18 AM) *
bazooka, with all due respect, Malignaggi was snapping that up jab and it was landing. It's called boxing for a reason, and he did a good job moving in and out and frustrating Diaz. He dominated roudns 9,10, and 11. Diaz had his moments, but paulie did a great job tonight I think. Even you have to admit 118-110 is just a terrible scorecard. That's the shit that takes fans away from this sport.

Oh I agree 118-110 was ridiculous I had it 115-1113 for Diaz but the fight was close what really pissed me off was that little bitch tantrum Paulie pulled in the interview that f*Cker acted like he dominated the sh*t out of Diaz and got clearly robbed. This was a close fight but IMO the guy who looked like wanted it and landed the more telling blows desereved to win the fight which in this case was Diaz.
Jack 1000
I programmed my DVR for extra time by 15 minutes but it still ran out after the 10th round. WOW! This was a LONG HBO card, so I lost track a bit of my scoring around the 9th round. I think I had it 5-4 Diaz. I caught most of the HBO West feed in SD and it seemed that it would be at most a two point edge for either guy. I was thinking 115-113 Diaz even with the close rounds going to him. 116-112 was bad, but 118-110 was corrupt. I will agree with that.

And I thought Jacobs won something like 6-4 in a good fight. A 10-0 shutout against Smith was also insane.

Jack
EirbinX
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 23 2009, 01:44 AM) *
Oh I agree 118-110 was ridiculous I had it 115-1113 for Diaz but the fight was close what really pissed me off was that little bitch tantrum Paulie pulled in the interview that f*Cker acted like he dominated the sh*t out of Diaz and got clearly robbed. This was a close fight but IMO the guy who looked like wanted it and landed the more telling blows desereved to win the fight which in this case was Diaz.

Bazooka fuck that shit you train like a fuckin dog just to get flat out robbed like that. thats bullshit in my opinion he said that was gonna happen even b4 the fight. juan diaz is a bitch hope campell whips him again at jww...

116 - 112 paulie
salvador
Clottey loses to Cotto in a clear robbery,
JMM loses to Pac in a clear robbery,
Malignaggi loses to Diaz in a clear robbery,

I'm just so fucking sick of this.

I tend to think that the idea of reading scorecards at the end is a great piece of drama, but given the predictability of money fighters getting decisions every time, I think that maybe the scores should be announced at the end of each round.
MarzB
Why is it when you move it's referred to by some as RUNNING?? I mean seriously movement is a part of boxing. The distinction between the two is running is moving without a purpose where as moving is to allow the other guy to reset themselves. Juan Baby Phat (LOL, props to who was calling him that) LEAD FOOT Diaz is the perfect person to do this against since he fights so flat footed.

That said, Malignaggi won this fight. FACEBOOK was blowing up about this. I saw Steve Forbes page also call this a robbery. Those people boo'ing in Houston should be a shame of themselves. This reminds me when I went to a fight here and the arena was filled with Matt Vanda fans. The fight was on ESPN, I believe it was Sam Garr. At the time Vanda was undefeated and clearly he lost. But the arena/center exploded when he was announced the winner. I was embarrassed to be in there with those idiots. This fight reminded me of that.

Malignaggi showed much better defense (not from just moving), he popped his jab well and actually was successful with his right when he committed to it.

Diaz is NOT an improved fighter to me. He's pretty much what he is, a come forward fighter that throws a lot of shots. This stuff always has a way of correcting itself. Everytime Diaz steps up he gets exposed. I'm laughing him talking about another pending ass kicking by Marquez. He honestly knows he didn't win this fight.

-- -------------------------------------
Ishe, Ishe, Ishe. What is it going to take to get you to let your hands go. He can only blame himself for getting outhustled this fight period. Jacobs doesn't seem to have much pop and he better learn some defense or his lanky self will find himself sprawled on his back in the future.
pcraw
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 23 2009, 09:55 AM) *
Why is it when you move it's referred to by some as RUNNING?? I mean seriously movement is a part of boxing. The distinction between the two is running is moving without a purpose where as moving is to allow the other guy to reset themselves. Juan Baby Phat (LOL, props to who was calling him that) LEAD FOOT Diaz is the perfect person to do this against since he fights so flat footed.

That said, Malignaggi won this fight. FACEBOOK was blowing up about this. I saw Steve Forbes page also call this a robbery. Those people boo'ing in Houston should be a shame of themselves. This reminds me when I went to a fight here and the arena was filled with Matt Vanda fans. The fight was on ESPN, I believe it was Sam Garr. At the time Vanda was undefeated and clearly he lost. But the arena/center exploded when he was announced the winner. I was embarrassed to be in there with those idiots. This fight reminded me of that.

Malignaggi showed much better defense (not from just moving), he popped his jab well and actually was successful with his right when he committed to it.

Diaz is NOT an improved fighter to me. He's pretty much what he is, a come forward fighter that throws a lot of shots. This stuff always has a way of correcting itself. Everytime Diaz steps up he gets exposed. I'm laughing him talking about another pending ass kicking by Marquez. He honestly knows he didn't win this fight.

---------------------------------------
Ishe, Ishe, Ishe. What is it going to take to get you to let your hands go. He can only blame himself for getting outhustled this fight period. Jacobs doesn't seem to have much pop and he better learn some defense or his lanky self will find himself sprawled on his back in the future.

I agree totally! It's sad when some fans actually believe you have to fight your opponents fight or get a knockout to win. You see people say shit like, "He should have came to fight!" He threw like 300 more punches than Diaz. He's not a puncher, but he shouldn't have to be to get the W. I loved his post fight because he told it like it was. Much like Pauile said, at one point I loved this sport, but it loses me with every horrible decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 23 2009, 10:55 AM) *

---------------------------------------

I think the 118-110 was disgusting. The fight was close but come on.

Gale Van Hoy, remember the name.

I also like it that whenever a fighter is robbed, his opponent is treated like the devil, as if he paid off the judges himself.
Yucayeke
This is what is all fucked up about boxing. It was close 1 point either way maybe a draw. 118-110? WTF what was that guy smoking, shit I was in Amsterdam last week and I wasn't so impaired, shit.
BrutalBodyShots
I had it 114-114 but easily could have given Paulie 1 more close round toward the end (I disagreed with Harold on 1) so 115-113 Paulie is cool too.

Once all the scores were read at once as unanimous I knew Paulie got jobbed. I also knew I didn't win my $1100 on my draw pick. Bastards.
The CEO
Yeah....people shouldn't be calling this a robbery...it was one of those 7-5 either way, 6-6 type of fights...

The only problem I have with the fight is the 10-2 card....Van Hoy stabbed Malignaggi in the booty with that one...
salvador
QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 23 2009, 11:15 AM) *
Yeah....people shouldn't be calling this a robbery...it was one of those 7-5 either way, 6-6 type of fights...

The only problem I have with the fight is the 10-2 card....Van Hoy stabbed Malignaggi in the booty with that one...

The point is that the 118-110 score makes it clear that the judges were bought - it's just that that single idiot wasn't smart enough to make it look close like the other guys. THAT'S the problem. He was robbed before he even stepped into the ring.
The CEO
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 23 2009, 12:42 PM) *
The point is that the 118-110 score makes it clear that the judges were bought - it's just that that single idiot wasn't smart enough to make it look close like the other guys. THAT'S the problem. He was robbed before he even stepped into the ring.

That card's the REAL problem alright...

I think the appropriate way to describe this incident is that there was "blatant corruption"...which most of us already knew was present in Houston with their fighters....and for those who DIDN'T know this...Paulie let them know it the past week....

I just think that if one doesn't have the crowd response, the commentary, and the knowledge of said corruption...and watches this fight intently with a trained eye...they would see it was an either way kind of fight...which is NOT a robbery...

and then there's people like me who believe Diaz earned the nod....I don't know....but I saw Malignaggi basically jabbing and missing with other punches alot the last half the fight...if he was effective like Mayweather Junior is with that style in there, then this could be called a robbery...know what I mean?
Thegreatequalizer
bad decisions aside, this fight tells us something about the future of juan diaz, which is probably something in the lawyer field that they keep talking about. actually, he can still be a viable top guy at lightweight, but this fight shows that he won't be able to move up to jr. welter without getting his ass kicked.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (EirbinX @ Aug 23 2009, 03:33 AM) *
Bazooka fuck that shit you train like a fuckin dog just to get flat out robbed like that. thats bullshit in my opinion he said that was gonna happen even b4 the fight. juan diaz is a bitch hope campell whips him again at jww...

116 - 112 paulie

What the f*Ck did Diaz have to do with the scoring.

Diaz came to fight Paulie ran too many f*cking rds he didn't show that he wanted it enough. People don't come to watch a muthaf*cker run around the ring and you can say what you want but i know you wouldn't pay to see a f*cking dude prance around the ring for 12 rds true Paulie did do some good work in a few rds but he also ran alot thats why that lil bitch has no fans and thats what happens when you don't fight and show that you want it.

I don't see how anyone can be mad at Diaz if it wasn;t for him this fight would'nt have any kind of excitment he tried to make a fight out of it while Paulie didn't and don't give me that sweet science BS i've been watching this sh*t for long enough and pawing and running isn't no f*Cking sweet science.
Jack 1000
An even deeper part of the problem is that Van Hoy has been a judge in Texas for years. So he's obviously experienced. He must have had an overt plan to favor Diaz in the fight no matter what Paulie did. But there are other problems with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation:

1.) Dick Cole a former Texas ref is the head of the Texas Commission his son Lawrence gets more ref assignments than any other Texas ref. This is a conflict of interest.

2.) License revocations are required by USA law to be honored by all states associated with the Association of Boxing Commissions, but suspensions are handled by the individual state commissions. Most states comply with the ABC on suspensions, but Texas likes to make its own choices on this. This is why Holyfield gets licensed there and the same with Volero.

In contrast when Larry Hazzard was with the New Jersey Commission, he would never let his son Larry Jr. who works as a judge, do a fight in his state, because father and son agree it would be conflict of interest.

There is a noted history of bias and conflict of interest with the Texas Boxing Commission. Remember Paulie Ayala-Hugo Diazo. They are very favorable to hometown fighters.

Jack
The Ring Dictator
I'm 100% procent behind Malignaggi on this one. I hade it 7 rounds to 5 in favour of Malignaggi just like Harold Lederman. Magic Man is right: this IS politics, and it's an aspect of boxing that i'm so fucking sick of. 118-110? A disgrace. Please commit harakiri, douchebag.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 23 2009, 04:00 PM) *
What the f*Ck did Diaz have to do with the scoring.

Diaz came to fight Paulie ran too many f*cking rds he didn't show that he wanted it enough. People don't come to watch a muthaf*cker run around the ring and you can say what you want but i know you wouldn't pay to see a f*cking dude prance around the ring for 12 rds true Paulie did do some good work in a few rds but he also ran alot thats why that lil bitch has no fans and thats what happens when you don't fight and show that you want it.

I don't see how anyone can be mad at Diaz if it wasn;t for him this fight would'nt have any kind of excitment he tried to make a fight out of it while Paulie didn't and don't give me that sweet science BS i've been watching this sh*t for long enough and pawing and running isn't no f*Cking sweet science.

Gee, I'm so surprised that you have a hard on for Diaz who happens to be of Mexican heritage.
Jack 1000
This reminds me when I went to a fight here and the arena was filled with Matt Vanda fans. The fight was on ESPN, I believe it was Sam Garr. At the time Vanda was undefeated and clearly he lost. But the arena/center exploded when he was announced the winner. I was embarrassed to be in there with those idiots. This fight reminded me of that.

Good point,

You wonder how many crowds have members in them who may not be boxing fans, but they are just there to cheer for the hometown boy to such an extreme that the audience reactions could influence judges to give ANY close rounds to the home fighter?

Some times it would be impossible or damn close to impossible for:

Chavez Sr. to lose in Mexico
Hatton to lose in England, especially Manchester
Roy Jones to lose in Florida
Diaz to lose in Texas

I wonder if judges may be so intimidated by an audience reaction that members could riot if the hometown fighter did not get the decision?

I also think judges despise journeymen fighters going up against their house fighters. These promoters with their long-term contracts and HBO with their long term contracts for fighters don't exactly help matters either. There is an attitude with some promoters, matchmakers, and judges, "Oh well our guy is 34-0, we can't him lose to some bastard that's 24-12." It's almost like the poor sap almost might as well cancel his fight rather than get fucked on a decision.

What bothers me about Diaz-Malignaggi is not only the 118-110 Diaz score, but Max made an interesting point that "fighters expect to be treated fairly and with respect." Paulie ASKED specifically for neutral judges. Note that in boxing, neutral judges mean not representing either fighters home state and in world title fights, it means that their should be non-partisan representation. Paulie did not get this. Even though I could accept either fighter winning by no more than two points, Malignaggi was not treated fairly by the Texas Department of Regulation going into the fight. And for this reason, I think that it is good that he bitched.

Jack
Lil-lightsout
Everybody knows it was a crooked judge. But why the fuck does this happen all the time? Personally, I don't really care, cause I can not stand to watch Malignaggi fight. Please keep Paulie off all network televised fights, its killling boxing when people have to sit threw his fights. The fight was close, but the scorecard was attrocious. Nothing will change, and everyone will forget about this until the next one.
JonnyBlaze
Paulie got robbed in my opinion..It was a close fight but the rounds were really clear to me which is a big difference..It was obvious to me who won each round and I had Paulie ahead by 2 points..I liked the fight but it was judged very bad..How someone could only give Paulie 2 rounds is beyond me..

Robert Guerrero looked real good and I'm a big fan of his..I've been watching him since he TV debut..He has improved a lot and I see big things for him in the future..He boxes really good and looks so smooth..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (salvador @ Aug 23 2009, 07:39 AM) *
Clottey loses to Cotto in a clear robbery,
JMM loses to Pac in a clear robbery,
Malignaggi loses to Diaz in a clear robbery,

You also forgot about Holyfield and Valuev..Also,Fres Oquendo and James Toney..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 23 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Gee, I'm so surprised that you have a hard on for Diaz who happens to be of Mexican heritage.

And coming from a guy who has shown dislike for many non american fighters i can't take you too seriously bro.
Fitz
Rusty is Italian, so maybe that's why laugh.gif.

Paulie must have fought how the italian's play their football. Defensive. laugh.gif
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 23 2009, 11:44 PM) *

Paulie must have fought how the italian's play their football. Defensive. laugh.gif

oh ok well that explains it all. laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 24 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Paulie got robbed in my opinion..It was a close fight but the rounds were really clear to me which is a big difference..It was obvious to me who won each round and I had Paulie ahead by 2 points..I liked the fight but it was judged very bad..How someone could only give Paulie 2 rounds is beyond me..

Robert Guerrero looked real good and I'm a big fan of his..I've been watching him since he TV debut..He has improved a lot and I see big things for him in the future..He boxes really good and looks so smooth..

Yeah Guerrero looked pretty good tonight. He towered over Klassen. Klassen must be pretty short because he made guerrero look at a 6footer. At the end of the fight Mosley stood next to Guerrero and was maybe an inch taller. i though that was funny. Anyway, I thought the Guerrero/Klassen fight was kinda similar to Paulie vs Diaz. The trouble is the Guerrero fight was scored properly.
BGv2.0
I think this was the type of fight we have all seen and all disagreed with before.

One guy being the aggressor and landing the more telling blows....while the other guy uses defense and lands the less than telling blows.

In my mind the absolute 100% correct call would have been 114-114...a draw, as although both men seemed to fight there own game...neither actually ever dominated their opponent to earn the edge.

NOW...saying all of that, I can see a 7-5 score of 115-113 either way, so I did not have a problem with that score. 116-112....REALLY makes me wonder from the chair in my home....BUT...having gone to live fights...I could live with that as well.

BUT....118-110 is PURE INSANITY! Live, at home...on tape months, years after the fact.....there is no way that score is even in the realm of possibility IMHO.

I really like how vocal Paulie was....I was never a fan of his UNTIL this fight! And in part because he had the balls to say that shit live on HBO, with the Houston crowd...yet he said so with respect to his opponent and to the crowd.

More fighters need to speak out about the shit...name judges like he did...and maybe if you get people looking enough at a judge...they will knock that shit off.

I really hope that judge is investigated.

In the end I don't have a problem with a Diaz victory...but I do have a problem with the margin of victory.
MarzB
while the other guy uses defense and lands the less than telling blows.

Judging by Diaz's face after the fight I find it a bit hard to believe that Paulie's blows had little impact.

I happen to know that Paulie often times doesn't make a complete fist when he punches (hence most of his hand problems) but regardless, he landed solid flurries, made Diaz miss as opposed to Diaz landing an occasional sweat popping off hook. How is it the VOLUME puncher Diaz was totally out volumed? .

Regarding Jack's post about hometown crowds. I think that has a LOT to do with it.
Thegreatequalizer
maybe we should keep a record of judges with corrupt score cards so we can keep reference. i don't have a great memory for that kind of stuff, but i bet this judge pops up again on a goldenboy card and i want to remember.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (MarzB @ Aug 24 2009, 12:06 PM) *
while the other guy uses defense and lands the less than telling blows.

Judging by Diaz's face after the fight I find it a bit hard to believe that Paulie's blows had little impact.

I happen to know that Paulie often times doesn't make a complete fist when he punches (hence most of his hand problems) but regardless, he landed solid flurries, made Diaz miss as opposed to Diaz landing an occasional sweat popping off hook. How is it the VOLUME puncher Diaz was totally out volumed? .

Regarding Jack's post about hometown crowds. I think that has a LOT to do with it.

I never said his punches had no impact....I said they looked as though they were not nearly as hard as the shots Diaz landed.

And you are wrong about being out volumed....for sure in regard to the aspect we are speaking of. Diaz had a much higher power punch landed % than Paulie did....which I think in many people's mind was the ultimate difference.

I totally get the argument about the actual scores of the cards.....but I really don't see how anybody could really say Paulie Malignaggi was robbed....the fight was close and 115-113 either way including in favor of Diaz was NOT a robbery IMHO.

MarzB
The "robbery" deals with the explanation of the score cards. 115-113 hometown decision Diaz. Even 116-112 (name me 8 rounds Baby Phat won??) is pushing it. But the Van Hoy card is really questionable. If this fight were a split decision that went to Diaz, it might not be such a hard pill to swallow but the fact that this will read unanimous is whats absurd.

Anyways Van Hoy has spoke. I never knew judges judged by the the impact of punches but according to him, Paulie's jab had nothing on it,lol?? He does admit to "maybe" making an error being off a round or two" (or FIVE but who's counting). Wow!! When you hear a judge admit this type of bs you wonder why boxing is the way it is.

Here's a link to his comments

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=21774
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 24 2009, 12:11 AM) *
And coming from a guy who has shown dislike for many non american fighters i can't take you too seriously bro.

uh, just one, his name is Margarito. what other non-american fighters have i bashed? also, what fighters have I bashed because they are non-american? you dick ride every mexican fighter, good or bad.

btw, i don't bash margarito because he is mexican. i bash him, because he sucks and is a cheater. where a fighter comes from has no bearing on whether or not i like him, that's your game.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 24 2009, 12:44 AM) *

nah, i'm not a big malignaggi fan, but it does appear that he has some sort of argument here. apparently, i only like american fighters though.
Fitz
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 25 2009, 08:10 AM) *
nah, i'm not a big malignaggi fan, but it does appear that he has some sort of argument here. apparently, i only like american fighters though.

Yeah I know, lol. I just wanted to work the "italian" angle with you. Should be fun doing it again next year for the world cup laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.