Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
lloyd mayflower
Since the death of Setanta and their English and Scottish football getting picked up by ESPN, and me being in the fortunate position of being a cable thief, iv been wondering if ESPN is any good for fights and UFC

Can any of our Americans friends enlighten me?

Cheers, Lloyd
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 24 2009, 05:22 PM) *
Since the death of Setanta and their English and Scottish football getting picked up by ESPN, and me being in the fortunate position of being a cable thief, iv been wondering if ESPN is any good for fights and UFC

Can any of our Americans friends enlighten me?

Cheers, Lloyd

ESPN is not the best place for fights and UFC. They do have good coverage of other sports though, they cover champions league for the states and do a pretty good job. The commentary sucks, but the picture is in HD.

By the way, I still get Setanta when did it die?
King Eugene
Spike TV
Spyder
Come on King, we all know you wanted to say Oxygen.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 25 2009, 10:30 AM) *
Come on King, we all know you wanted to say Oxygen.

I'm more of a Lifetime man. LOL nah, its actually a rule at my house that the channel cant be on Lifetime when I'm in the room. LOL the only exceptection to that is if Desperate Housewives is on...for some reason I'm glued to the TV everytime it comes on lol. I guess I enjoy the drama:lol:
The CEO
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 25 2009, 12:06 PM) *
I'm more of a Lifetime man. LOL nah, its actually a rule at my house that the channel cant be on Lifetime when I'm in the room. LOL the only exceptection to that is if Desperate Housewives is on...for some reason I'm glued to the TV everytime it comes on lol. I guess I enjoy the drama:lol:

taunt.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 25 2009, 12:06 PM) *

I'm more of a Golden Girls kind of man
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 24 2009, 11:24 PM) *
ESPN is not the best place for fights and UFC. They do have good coverage of other sports though, they cover champions league for the states and do a pretty good job. The commentary sucks, but the picture is in HD.

By the way, I still get Setanta when did it die?

Their british arm went bust, there still on the go elsewhere. As long as ESPN has some fights cos its fuckin drivin me up the wall. Need some decent websites for streaming, if anyone knows of any, please let me know
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 25 2009, 02:18 PM) *
Their british arm went bust, there still on the go elsewhere. As long as ESPN has some fights cos its fuckin drivin me up the wall. Need some decent websites for streaming, if anyone knows of any, please let me know

ESPN has fights every friday night, and sometimes on Wednesday. If you're lucky enough to get ESPN Classic, then you'll see old fights everyday.
Warlord
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 25 2009, 12:23 PM) *
I'm more of a Golden Girls kind of man

Golden Girls is the shit. Roseanne is good as well.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 27 2009, 01:12 AM) *
Golden Girls is the shit. Roseanne is good as well.

laugh.gif
I did not expect that from you. I use to watch Roseanne EVERY week day a couple of years ago.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Aug 27 2009, 04:51 AM) *
laugh.gif
I did not expect that from you. I use to watch Roseanne EVERY week day a couple of years ago.

Roseanne has some sort of appeal, her voice can really grate on you though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.