Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: District 9
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Al Hata

Anyone else this flick? Even with my huge expectations, I enjoyed it. It was well made and for such a low budget film, I thought the effects were great. The main character was a little too beta for me but I loved the hero of the movie, Christopher Johnson. I can't wait the sequel.

Also, has anyone seen the Avatar trailer yet? It looks good and everything, but far from the life changing experience everyone says this film is packing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6AAt-oV3wE

Fadetwist
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Aug 25 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Anyone else this flick? Even with my huge expectations, I enjoyed it. It was well made and for such a low budget film, I thought the effects were great. The main character was a little too beta for me but I loved the hero of the movie, Christopher Johnson. I can't wait the sequel.

Also, has anyone seen the Avatar trailer yet? It looks good and everything, but far from the life changing experience everyone says this film is packing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6AAt-oV3wE

They were selling some opening tickets on Ebay for a thousand bucks a few days ago.
Is this movie really that good?
BGv2.0
Yes....District 9 was awesome! Without doubt the best sci-fi film I've seen in the last 15 years or so.

I really don't get the obsession with Avatar....I saw the trailer and was not poping a boner like many people seem to be. I don't even know WTF it is really about. IMHO "9" looks more interesting.

August was a really busy month for films.....which is odd...because August is usually reserved as a dumping ground for films that the studio hated or did not expect to make money.

BUT...in August we had District 9, G.I. Joe, The Goods, Inglorious Basterds and Taxidermia all in the same month!!!

I spent more money in August on films than I have spent all year!
Lil-lightsout
Saw District 9 opening weekend. Read all about the hype leading up to it too. To be honest, I thought it was good, but not as great as the reviews. Just not enough action for me. Though the story was different than anything else, and it leaves you on a huge cliffhanger. Which makes me really want to know what is going to happen next. I definately am curious to see how the next one unfolds. I am very squeemish to hospitals and operations and stuff like that, so in the movie when they showed all that gory medical shit, man that really got to me. I wanted to walk out to get a breather for a few minutes. Yeah... I am a softy.
BGv2.0
Don't forget the new Mike Judge movie comes out this Friday...."Extract".

If you liked Office Space and Idiocracy....this should be a winner too with Arressted Development's Jason Batemen.
KookedKrack
da fuck did i just watch? i thought the kid had an arrow on his head? what are the blue things? I usually catch the cartoon avatar with my son but im guessing its not that avatar??
BGv2.0
Well...I saw Extract this weekend....and even though I know I will catch flack for this.....Dare I say it.....

I think it's even better than Office Space!

I know that is a bold statement.....but if anybody was a fan of Office Space it is me....you all know that....

I thought Judge's follow up "Idiocracy" although good...was not even in league with OS.....Extract is.

Even if you don't think it's better....it is worth a look, you will not be let down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.