Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unfinished Business PPV
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
UNFINISHED BUSINESS PPV

Shane Mosley vs. Zab Judah
Andre Berto vs. Luis Collazo
Juan Diaz vs. Paulie Malignaggi

Now that's actually a PPV that I wouldn't mind buying...and in my opinion, they could probably get done for $5-$6 million tops.
D-MARV
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 25 2009, 10:19 PM) *
UNFINISHED BUSINESS PPV

Shane Mosley vs. Zab Judah
Andre Berto vs. Luis Collazo
Juan Diaz vs. Paulie Malignaggi

Now that's actually a PPV that I wouldn't mind buying...and in my opinion, they could probably get done for $5-$6 million tops.

Great Card!
King Eugene
Hype...Pull some strings and make it happen laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Is this really being considered? Wow what a great card.
STEVENSKI
Wow Judah will get smoked. Exactly what has Zab done to deserve a shot at the top dog at welter.

Wow what a exciting list of fights Zab has had to deserve a shot especially considering being stopped against Clottey is the only decent fight he has had since Cotto fisted him good.

Amazing how the public can be fooled into thinking this is a good headliner for a quality card & the suckers will pay for it. Good undercard though.
Big Slim Sweet
Not bad. Could probably sell out MSG with all the NY representation on it too.
Vodoo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Wow Judah will get smoked. Exactly what has Zab done to deserve a shot at the top dog at welter.

Wow what a exciting list of fights Zab has had to deserve a shot especially considering being stopped against Clottey is the only decent fight he has had since Cotto fisted him good.

Amazing how the public can be fooled into thinking this is a good headliner for a quality card & the suckers will pay for it. Good undercard though.
I agree. That's a shit card other than the Berto-Collazo rematch. Judah doesn't belong at welter which is why after several years of failure there, he's moved back down to 140. And as much as I'm in agreement with giving Paulie a fair shake & rematch against Diaz on neutral ground, I just don't want to have to sit through it again.

I think Shane should take a Cintron fight as a tuneup so he can be ready when the next batch of top welters are ready for their next matchups. I hear that right now his management is looking at Berto or Clottey with Clottey right now looking like the stronger possibility.

However I do like the theme and the title of the card though. That is pretty fitting, it's just the fights themselves that aren't quite up to par.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2009, 10:04 PM) *

Yeah, replace Judah with Cintron who is coming on strong after defeating Angulo and that's a pretty solid card.
thehype
Well, as crazy as this may sound, I figured Zab Judah was a much easier tune-up than Kermit Cintron...for some reason, I can see Cintron just keeping that jab in Mosley's face all night and actually pulling off a sloppy, but effective victory. I'm assuming Shane doesn't want to risk coming off one of his most impressive victories by following that up with a boring fight (or even a loss) against Cintron. I'm not saying Judah "deserves" a shot at the title, but Shane Mosley "deserves" an easy win and, in my opinion, Judah at this point is an easier victory than Cintron and would probably make for a highlight reel KO. Not to mention, Shane and Zab were supposed to fight (I still have a box full of official shirts from the fight that never happened) so it kind of fits with the whole "Unfinished Business" theme. The whole point of the card is to put together an event with a list of big names that you normally don't get to see all fighting on the same card...I think a card like that could get done for $6 million or so tops and, not to mention, they hype some potential future fights between the winners and the losers in the future (i.e. Mosley-Berto, Judah-Malignaggi, Collazo-Malignaggi, Judah-Daiz...any combination really). If they're going to keep putting together PPVs, I'd rather pay for ones that give me three solid and legit fights than a boring main event and a bunch of whack undercard fights. Just my opinion though.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 26 2009, 03:15 PM) *
Well, as crazy as this may sound, I figured Zab Judah was a much easier tune-up than Kermit Cintron...for some reason, I can see Cintron just keeping that jab in Mosley's face all night and actually pulling off a sloppy, but effective victory. I'm assuming Shane doesn't want to risk coming off one of his most impressive victories by following that up with a boring fight (or even a loss) against Cintron. I'm not saying Judah "deserves" a shot at the title, but Shane Mosley "deserves" an easy win and, in my opinion, Judah at this point is an easier victory than Cintron and would probably make for a highlight reel KO. Not to mention, Shane and Zab were supposed to fight (I still have a box full of official shirts from the fight that never happened) so it kind of fits with the whole "Unfinished Business" theme. The whole point of the card is to put together an event with a list of big names that you normally don't get to see all fighting on the same card...I think a card like that could get done for $6 million or so tops and, not to mention, they hype some potential future fights between the winners and the losers in the future (i.e. Mosley-Berto, Judah-Malignaggi, Collazo-Malignaggi, Judah-Daiz...any combination really). If they're going to keep putting together PPVs, I'd rather pay for ones that give me three solid and legit fights than a boring main event and a bunch of whack undercard fights. Just my opinion though.

i agree with this assesment hype.. only i am not sure how easy a win judah would be.. i think he beats judah but i think he has to work for it.. judah is not a push over.... i can see judah having his moments in that fight...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 26 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Well, as crazy as this may sound, I figured Zab Judah was a much easier tune-up than Kermit Cintron...for some reason, I can see Cintron just keeping that jab in Mosley's face all night and actually pulling off a sloppy, but effective victory.

This is easily the most ridiculous thing I ever read from you. You are very knowledgeable and I almost always see where you are coming from, but Cintron's ONLY chance is too land one monsterous bomb and KO Mosley. I have seen many of Cintron's amateur and pro fights live, and of course all his televised fights. Mosley would totally embarrass him, in ANY type of fight. Cintron is still raw(short amateur background) and needs the right opponent(Angulo) to look good against. Cintron's jab is really not that effective to begin with, not even comparable to Forrest's jab. Kermit never really had a really effective jab, though he has long arms. Mosley would counterpunch the fuck out of Cintron after Kermit would paw with his jab. Also, Cintron fought at 154 his last time out, and he like gained a ton of weight back on the night of the fight. I do not remember how much though, Kermit dropping back down to 147 does not sound like a smart thing to do.

Mosley is just WAY to seasoned and skilled to let Kermit decision him. Mosley would stop Kermit early in the fight if he really wanted to. This would be such an easy night for Mosley, actually I would say it would be his safest opponent he could pick. Kermit was calling him out in our local newspaper recently.
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 26 2009, 08:32 PM) *
This is easily the most ridiculous thing I ever read from you. You are very knowledgeable and I almost always see where you are coming from, but Cintron's ONLY chance is too land one monsterous bomb and KO Mosley. I have seen many of Cintron's amateur and pro fights live, and of course all his televised fights. Mosley would totally embarrass him, in ANY type of fight. Cintron is still raw(short amateur background) and needs the right opponent(Angulo) to look good against. Cintron's jab is really not that effective to begin with, not even comparable to Forrest's jab. Kermit never really had a really effective jab, though he has long arms. Mosley would counterpunch the fuck out of Cintron after Kermit would paw with his jab. Also, Cintron fought at 154 his last time out, and he like gained a ton of weight back on the night of the fight. I do not remember how much though, Kermit dropping back down to 147 does not sound like a smart thing to do.

Mosley is just WAY to seasoned and skilled to let Kermit decision him. Mosley would stop Kermit early in the fight if he really wanted to. This would be such an easy night for Mosley, actually I would say it would be his safest opponent he could pick. Kermit was calling him out in our local newspaper recently.

Surely I've posted something more ridiculous than the thought of Shane Mosley getting beat by a guy who's naturally bigger and taller than him who can stick a jab in his face...no?

dntknw.gif

Look, I'm not saying Shane can't or that he won't beat Cintron, I'm just saying that I don't like the style matchup. In my opinion, Zab makes for the easier opponent because 1) he's smaller 2) he's a tad bit weaker mentally and 3) Shane's only gotta be cautious with him for the first 3 rounds. Stylistically, Kermit Cintron is just a bad matchup for Shane to look spectacular against. Even if he beats Cintron, I don't think he'll look as good doing it as he would beating the breaks off Zab. Remember, the goal isn't just to win...the goal is to look SPECTACULAR while winning in order to force a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight down the road. If Shane looked bad against Mayorga, who was also keeping his jab in Shane's face, then there's a great chance that he'll back against Cintron, who showed in his last fight that he's been working A LOT on keeping his distance behind his jab. Just something to think about.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 26 2009, 09:01 PM) *
Surely I've posted something more ridiculous than the thought of Shane Mosley getting beat by a guy who's naturally bigger and taller than him who can stick a jab in his face...no?

dntknw.gif

Look, I'm not saying Shane can't or that he won't beat Cintron, I'm just saying that I don't like the style matchup. In my opinion, Zab makes for the easier opponent because 1) he's smaller 2) he's a tad bit weaker mentally and 3) Shane's only gotta be cautious with him for the first 3 rounds. Stylistically, Kermit Cintron is just a bad matchup for Shane to look spectacular against. Even if he beats Cintron, I don't think he'll look as good doing it as he would beating the breaks off Zab. Remember, the goal isn't just to win...the goal is to look SPECTACULAR while winning in order to force a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight down the road. If Shane looked bad against Mayorga, who was also keeping his jab in Shane's face, then there's a great chance that he'll back against Cintron, who showed in his last fight that he's been working A LOT on keeping his distance behind his jab. Just something to think about.

I hear what your saying man, and thanks for not ripping me a new one with your response. laugh.gif

I think maybe Zab might be more difficult early on, but yeah he fades and Shane would KO him eventually. But I just THINK that even though Zab is smaller, he is more experienced, faster, a lefty, and more skilled than Kermit. I am honestly not impressed with Kermit, though he did look decnt against Angulo. I truly think Shane would easily outbox, outfight Kermit, and his jab would not make a difference, and look spectacular in the process. But again just my opinion.

Oh, I agree how Shane did not look great against Mayorga, but I think that was more due to his awkwardness. Plus Jack trained his son, and I think Mayorga is actually better than people think.

Yeah well, hopefully we will see Shane step in the ring real soon with someone. This is frustrating, I am anxious to see who he fights next.
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 26 2009, 04:15 PM) *

Yea you um need to come up off those shirts! laugh.gif
streetlion1
My opinion....Shane K.Os Cintron fairly easy. Cintron is kinda in the mold of what has been Shanes cryptonite but he just isnt a skilled enough fighter and would be giving up too much on speed.

I would rather see a Judah-Mosley fight...though Shane would obviously win there too...if we get the "good" Judah it could be a pretty good fight until he folds in the last half of it.
Keith
I have to laugh at the thought of Judah giving Mosley problems at any point in a fight. That fight wouldnt last 3 rounds. Zab would come out and try to act bad but Shane would mug him. In every Judah fight I have ever seen... he is never the same fighter once he gets popped.
KookedKrack
Damn fighthype promotions>>goldengirl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.