Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh sweet Jesus, NO!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Apparantly Chris Byrd just hired on a certain someone as his adviser.

*sigh*

What the fuck, man?
D-MARV
LOL...
STEVENSKI
LOL. He "secured" the services of G.Leon. man that must be some good herb Leon is selling.
Byrd Man
I'm going to go cry in a corner somewhere. lol
JonnyBlaze
What bullshit..Why would he do this when everyone who Leon gets,turns into garbage
EirbinX
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 25 2009, 11:59 PM) *
What bullshit..Why would he do this when everyone who Leon gets,turns into garbage

well his last fight didnt go so well so im gonna say he's already garbage
Byrd Man
actually his last fight he won by 4th round TKO. Was some guy nobody has heard of but still....

He fucked himself by draining himself down two weight divisions and trying to do what he's always done, and that's what he did wrong.

Everyone was saying that he shouldn't have dropped so much weight so quick, and even he has come out and said the same thing.

In his career he's lost to three fighters in the Heavyweight division. Wlad (twice), Ike Ibeabuchi and Alexander Povetkin.

With Wlad and Ike they outweighed him by 20+ pounds, Ike was I believe about 40+ pounds bigger.

I don't think there's any shame in losing to those guys. He shouldn't have even gone down to light heavy to be matched up with Shaun George to begin with.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
According to James Toney I thought Chris' wife was his advisor? LOL

Leon reminds me of the very very very poor (emphasis on poor) man's Don King. Every knucklehead with half a brain cell know's he's garbage yet he still talks guys into signing with him.

I can only assume Chris has taken one too many shots to the head.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Aug 25 2009, 09:49 PM) *
According to James Toney I thought Chris' wife was his advisor? LOL

Leon reminds me of the very very very poor (emphasis on poor) man's Don King. Every knucklehead with half a brain cell know's he's garbage yet he still talks guys into signing with him.

I can only assume Chris has taken one too many shots to the head.

Maybe he realizes he's at the end of his career and figures "what the hell?"

I dunno. I've been trying to figure this shit out since I read it earlier. I know he's done "exclusive" interviews with Leon before on BT so I don't know....

thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 26 2009, 12:59 AM) *
Maybe he realizes he's at the end of his career and figures "what the hell?"

I dunno. I've been trying to figure this shit out since I read it earlier. I know he's done "exclusive" interviews with Leon before on BT so I don't know....

DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 25 2009, 10:02 PM) *
DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

I hate you so much, Hype. lol
STEVENSKI
Hype should dish out some advice on maintaining a sucessful website & maybe he could be a advisor for Mr Leon laugh.gif ?

So whaddaya reckon is Ray O Campbell Jr another alias of Leon?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 25 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Hype should dish out some advice on maintaining a sucessful website & maybe he could be a advisor for Mr Leon laugh.gif ?

So whaddaya reckon is Ray O Campbell Jr another alias of Leon?

I dunno, but I did a quick google search on that name plus the word boxing, and found a boxing talk dot net link that was no longer good of an article by him.
Method
Maybe he realizes he's at the end of his career and figures "what the hell?". I dunno. I been trying to figure this shit out since I read it earlier.

LOL. The "news" broke at ~ 6 PM and you posted that at ~ 1 AM. You've been trying to figure out the obvious for the better part of 7 hours?
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 26 2009, 02:08 AM) *
LOL. The "news" broke at ~ 6 PM and you posted that at ~ 1 AM. You've been trying to figure out the obvious for the better part of 7 hours?

Actually I posted it @ 7:30 (give or take) right after I saw it. Then I posted at almost 10 that I had been trying to figure it out since I first saw it.

You need to work on your math skills, or perhaps get over your dislike of me based on our disagreeing on another topic.

Either one. lol

I just guessed that was what it was, and Hype seems to think that's it, and apparantly so do you.

I don't know....that's the most logical explanation, as I can't think of any other reason besides Byrd and Leon seem to be cool, so.... *shrugs*
Method
I'm just fucking around, bro, relax. I posted that at 5 AM before the gym. I know these board clocks are off.

Seriously though - not knockin anyone's hustle, but what does Byrd have to lose here. Likely nothing happens, based on the fact that he's pretty much at the end of his rope, but shit, there's nothing but free upside. Not like he has to pay a retainer or anything, so if nothing happens - no big deal. If something happens, be pleasantly surprised. It's a free option.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 25 2009, 11:02 PM) *
DING! DING! DING!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

lol that was my first thought. He knows he is done and cant possibly do more than get on friday night fights presented by ESPN (if he wins another fight or two) which I dont think will happen...

look on the bright side byrdman at least ur boy will be the hot topic of the all important Leon mail bags for months thumbsup_anim.gif
Byrd Man
ha ha ha ha.....yeah he's got that going for him....which is nice. lol

I think if he gets back to his original weight, he could MAYBE do alright against some of the heavyweights, mainly because the HW's are kinda lackluster.

I dunno. I think he should retire though. He's had a very good career and doesn't really have anything to prove at this point.

thehype
And FYI...for the record, Ray Campbell is a real person...he's actually a mutual friend of me and gileon. In fact, you may have even seen him in the ring with Ishe's team prior to and after the loss to Danny Jacobs. I doubt Ray actually wrote that though...I'm pretty sure gileon probably just wrote it himself and slapped Ray's name on it since Ray was flying back from Houston yesterday and likely would not have taken the time to write that.

laugh.gif

But whatever, like Meth said, what does Chris have to lose...other than his senses if he's talked into taking the wrong fight. I would think it's going to be difficult to rebuild someone who was getting knocked senseless by Shaun George in his last televised fight on ESPN.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 26 2009, 01:40 PM) *
And FYI...for the record, Ray Campbell is a real person...he's actually a mutual friend of me and gileon. In fact, you may have even seen him in the ring with Ishe's team prior to and after the loss to Danny Jacobs. I doubt Ray actually wrote that though...I'm pretty sure gileon probably just wrote it himself and slapped Ray's name on it since Ray was flying back from Houston yesterday and likely would not have taken the time to write that.

laugh.gif

But whatever, like Meth said, what does Chris have to lose...other than his senses if he's talked into taking the wrong fight. I would think it's going to be difficult to rebuild someone who was getting knocked senseless by Shaun George in his last televised fight on ESPN.

True enough, but don't you think that most people would realize that the reason he got fucked up by George in the last fight was due to his dropping so much weight so quick? I mean I realize the weight differential, but without him dropping like that, does anyone REALLY think that he'd get handled like that by George if he wasn't weakened beyond belief?

Before that the only people who had beaten him were massively bigger (aside from Povetkin who was still bigger). I mean 20+ and in the case of Ike 40+ pounds bigger.

Boxing's full of people who got smashed and then kept fighting and doing alright.

I wish he'd retire though. Damn.
Byrd Man
These are the weights of Byrd and his opponents in his Heavyweight losses (and the Vitali one in which he was losing before Vitali had to stop due to his shoulder being fucked up).

Byrd vs. Povetkin

Byrd weighed in @ 211 3/4 lbs.
Povetkin weighed in @ 226 3/4 lbs

Povetkin outweighed Byrd by 15 lbs.

Byrd vs. Wladimir Klitschko (2 fights)

Fight 1: Byrd @ 213.5 & Wlad @ 241

Wlad outweighed Byrd by 27.5 lbs.

Fight 2: Byrd @ 213.5 & Wlad @ 238

Wlad outweighed Byrd by 24.5 lbs

Byrd vs. Vitali: Byrd @ 210 3/4 & Vitali @ 244 1/4

Vitali outweighed Byrd by about 34 lbs. (give or take)

Byrd vs. Ike: Byrd @ 208 3/4 & Ike @ 244 3/4

Ike outweighed Byrd by 36 lbs.

Now at the end of the day, Byrd made the conscious decision to fight at that weight, KNOWING he was giving up a lot of size, but counting on his speed and elusiveness to get him through. And for the most part it worked. He's a two time champion, and many fighters just flat out refused to fight him because of his ability to make people miss and look stupid. Many people believe that's why Lennox Lewis gave up his title rather than fight Byrd.

Whether Byrd would have won, I don't know and neither does anyone else, but it would have been a good fight I think.

But I think it SHOULD be considered that aside from when he dropped down to an unhealthy weight and was sapped of all his energy, it usually took someone with a huge size advantage to defeat him.
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 26 2009, 05:01 PM) *
True enough, but don't you think that most people would realize that the reason he got fucked up by George in the last fight was due to his dropping so much weight so quick? I mean I realize the weight differential, but without him dropping like that, does anyone REALLY think that he'd get handled like that by George if he wasn't weakened beyond belief?

Before that the only people who had beaten him were massively bigger (aside from Povetkin who was still bigger). I mean 20+ and in the case of Ike 40+ pounds bigger.

Boxing's full of people who got smashed and then kept fighting and doing alright.

I wish he'd retire though. Damn.

I don't think the weight loss helped, but Byrd has shown a rapid decline in abilities over his last several fights. His speed and elusiveness has been long gone and he's been getting hit way more than he's ever gotten hit in the past. In my opinion, not only can he not dodge a bullet anymore, but he also can't pull the trigger anymore either. When those two things are gone, it's DEFINITELY time to hang them up before a fighter with FAR greater skills than Shaun George does even more damage. When it's gone, it's gone and in my opinion, as far as Byrd is concerned, it's gone and the next time you see him fighting a legitimate opponent, you might see him going out like Ali did against Trevor Berbick...that would be a very, very sad sight to see for any diehard Chris Byrd fan.
MarzB
I love it for the irony. "Byrdman's" two most absolute FAVORITE people in the world are bonded,lol..
Byrd Man
ah screw you! lol

I don't like Leon, I think he's an interesting person just in a "what the fuck?" type of way. Plus he's always good for a laugh, even if it IS at his expense.

Chris Byrd on other hand! lol

And Hype I agree that he should retire. He won his last fight via 4th round TKO.... he doesn't have anything to prove, and I really REALLY don't want him to end up getting hurt badly the way we've seen some fighters who stuck around get hurt.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 26 2009, 04:14 PM) *
These are the weights of Byrd and his opponents in his Heavyweight losses (and the Vitali one in which he was losing before Vitali had to stop due to his shoulder being fucked up).

Byrd vs. Povetkin

Byrd weighed in @ 211 3/4 lbs.
Povetkin weighed in @ 226 3/4 lbs

Povetkin outweighed Byrd by 15 lbs.

Byrd vs. Wladimir Klitschko (2 fights)

Fight 1: Byrd @ 213.5 & Wlad @ 241

Wlad outweighed Byrd by 27.5 lbs.

Fight 2: Byrd @ 213.5 & Wlad @ 238

Wlad outweighed Byrd by 24.5 lbs

Byrd vs. Vitali: Byrd @ 210 3/4 & Vitali @ 244 1/4

Vitali outweighed Byrd by about 34 lbs. (give or take)

Byrd vs. Ike: Byrd @ 208 3/4 & Ike @ 244 3/4

Ike outweighed Byrd by 36 lbs.

Now at the end of the day, Byrd made the conscious decision to fight at that weight, KNOWING he was giving up a lot of size, but counting on his speed and elusiveness to get him through. And for the most part it worked. He's a two time champion, and many fighters just flat out refused to fight him because of his ability to make people miss and look stupid. Many people believe that's why Lennox Lewis gave up his title rather than fight Byrd.

Whether Byrd would have won, I don't know and neither does anyone else, but it would have been a good fight I think.

But I think it SHOULD be considered that aside from when he dropped down to an unhealthy weight and was sapped of all his energy, it usually took someone with a huge size advantage to defeat him.

i will give byrd this much... ike aside no one wanted to fight him till he showed signs that he wasnt the same fighter anymore.. till he became more flat footed.. the byrd that came up as a heavy on usa network cuzz he couldnt get fights was a very dangerous very elusive fighter... by time he got his real shot (again not counting the ike fight cuzz i believe ike was in another class at that time) he had already started his decline...
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Aug 25 2009, 07:27 PM) *
Apparantly Chris Byrd just hired on a certain someone as his adviser.

*sigh*

What the fuck, man?

Dont worry homie, at least Chris Byrd has already had his successes. His chances of making good money are over, and his chump of an advisor wont get nothing off him. He was a very good fighter when he was capable, but those days are WAY over. This does suck that Chris Bryd has to turn to this idiot, but what does that say about his career and where it's at. My advise to everyone is to just consider Byrd retired, he aint going anywhere.
Byrd Man
yeah that's pretty much how I look at it. Considering him retired, I mean.

I'm gonna pick up his career set at a site someone recommended and it's like 35 bucks or so. Not bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.