Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Money Gay" Floyd Scareweather's Greatest Hits
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
streetlion1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bai6-O3ezfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFyBX2ssUSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21jlkljdBkI

Since the "great" Floyd Gayweather Jr. is back I wanted to take a trip down memory lane laugh.gif

This is his newest interveiw with Brian Kenny.....Listen to Floyd as he continues to stutter and make no sense when asked about Pacman and Mosley!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHGG8Q-0hg
D-MARV
AHHHHHHH, Another Floyd Hate Thread!

good.gif
chichi3c
I love how everyone hates on mayweather, but they just cant't keep him out of their mouths. When he was gone, they begged for him back. When he's here, they try to ridicule him. who do you fans like?
chichi3c
yeah ok. But YOU (fans) always talked about him. Always say he ducks people. Making threads hating on a character which is one of the best boxing figures we've seen in a while next to rjj, oscar dlh, and mosley. I never saw this when he was starting out as a lightweight. YOU build him up to break them down. Just take it for what it is. He IS a great fighter. period. And if he's so bad, let's have a discussion. Who's better in his division? Let's have an intelligent conversation about this.
provo
QUOTE (chichi3c @ Aug 27 2009, 04:01 PM) *
I love how everyone hates on mayweather, but they just cant't keep him out of their mouths. When he was gone, they begged for him back. When he's here, they try to ridicule him. who do you fans like?

Exactly! LOL I agree with u!
singletrack
Entertaining vids - thanks. It's all coming to a head. Hopefully Cotto will beat up Pacman, Shane will annihilate someone, and PBF will have to fight one of them. They both have very good shots of beating him IMHO.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (chichi3c @ Aug 27 2009, 07:01 PM) *

Truthfully, I would love to see him fight some other TOP fighters to see what he is truly made of. IMO I think alot of fight fans want him back just to see him get KO'd. I don't think people want him to retire undefeated. I think if he chose better opponents in his campaign at welterweight, there would not be as much hate for him, regardless of the reasons for not making certain fights.

The bottom line is you are not going to change the minds of the supporters or nonsupporters of Mayweather. So there will always be hostility when discussing him.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (chichi3c @ Aug 27 2009, 07:25 PM) *
yeah ok. But YOU (fans) always talked about him. Always say he ducks people. Making threads hating on a character which is one of the best boxing figures we've seen in a while next to rjj, oscar dlh, and mosley. I never saw this when he was starting out as a lightweight. YOU build him up to break them down. Just take it for what it is. He IS a great fighter. period. And if he's so bad, let's have a discussion. Who's better in his division? Let's have an intelligent conversation about this.

Okay...this is real simple. Floyd was awesome at lightweight taking on and beating everyone(JLC I was questionable). He was more interested in testing himself and PROVING he was the best. Now it is ALL about the money.

There were just simply better fighters he should have faced at welterweight, and without fighting them, he should not get a free pass. Other great fighters have had there questionable opposition as Champs too, and they get grilled too(Jones, Calzaghe,etc.).

Lets not forget PBF has been off for like over a year and a half now. So I will be interested to see what he looks like, even if it is against a guy who not too long ago fought at 130. Hopefully JMM holds the weight good and gives PBF a good test regardless.
tottenham19
How can Floyd be too big for JMM, but not for Pacquiao?

Speaking of Mosley, just go to 6:30 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uz9qVhLIY0

When asked about fighting Floyd, he is more concerned about "Getting this tooth fixed."

wtf.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Aug 27 2009, 08:11 PM) *

Well so far Pac has had 2 extremely dominant impressive performances at 147 and 140 weight classes. So we can all guage what he has looked like with the extra weight in those two fights.

JMM has had zero fights above 135 thus far which causes many of us to question how he will perform at 147. And in his last fight at 135 against Diaz, it was not hard to see JMM get shaking up a few times early in there fight at lightweight. I am sure Floyd watched it. Maybe if JMM had a fight or two at 147 first, we could see first what he will look like at that weight. Maybe JMM will be able to perform well at 147, we will see, I do know JMM will come fully prepared and give it his all atleast.
chichi3c
Yeah. I think Mayweather could have fought other people, too. But there is always the "would've, could've, should've." Everyone has it. As far as Pacquiao, yeah he's good, but I don't think he's great. He fought a drained Oscar. Oscar was a grown man walking around maybe 160-170 and then he dropped to 145. For a grow man to do that, I don't think everything is going to work right. And then he fought Hatton.......First of all, I never thought Hatton was "great" or "elite" status. He suffered the same fate as many Europeans..... once they cross the pond and challenge our best here in the States, they fall short (except for the heavyweights of course). So I don't like to downplay Pacman's victories, but they looked great......but to me it was more of a facade. I see Pacman as a successful promotional and marketing hype. But i give him all the credit in coming up with the perfect solution to the Hatton equation. I personally don't think it was that hard to solve, but he pulled it off perfectly. Now his next fight is at a catchweight in which Cotto already has problem making the official weight....s a catchweight will only hurt him more. Plus, I see Cotto almost like Hatton (this is in no disrespect to Cotto, I think Cotto is many levels better than Hatton) but i see them the same in the sense that Cotto is a seasoned fighter which has resorted to the same strategies and style for so long that I don't see him changing. therefore, Cotto is only an equation waiting to be solved. And I think Pacman and Roach are going to come up with that solution. there I don't think a win over Cotto is a big deal oter than the fact that Cotto is naturally bigger. Before I consider Pacman great, I'd like him to face the likes of Mosley, Mayweather, and a 100% Marquez. I believe Pacman lost both those fights, but Pacman is a changed fighter now. He comes in with gameplans......unlike the Pacquiao that Marquez fought that was simply jab, jab, straight.
chichi3c
As far as the weight issue....... Marquez, Mayweather, and Pacquiao all fall in the same category........small guys who gained weight to fight in heavier divisions. They are all big and small enough to fight each other. None of them are too big for the other. I don't know why you guys make such a big deal of this. No matter what Mayweather says, I say they are all about the same size. They know who they can hang with. Believe me, I doubt anyone of them would take a fight with Berto or Mayorga. Not because they can't beat them or they are lesser fighters, those two are simply that big.
chichi3c
I agree with you there. It barely makes any sense to me. Only reason I can see for it is that it makes them look like better pound for pound fighters. Other than that, We'd see the same fights if those 3 were in lightweight or in welterweight. In Mayweather's case, I defend him by saying at least he fought guys in their respective weights. Oscar at 154 which he felt good at (at the time) and Baldomir was HIS strongest at 147 (whether he's a good opponent or not is another discussion) but the point is I see that Mayweather beat these guy's at their games. Marquez is trying to do the same. But Pacman (or Roach, I don't know who makes the decisions) know how to use these small details to their advantage.
Lil-lightsout
Also... let me point out if Shane Mosley(who is one of my favorites), were to fight JMM in the same scenario as PBF is, I WOULD 100% grill him too. I would prefer Mosely to fight tested,proven 147 pounders. It is not my intention to bash Mayweather just for the heck of it. Some people think it's no big deal about the whole weight issue, and that is fine and all, I just do not agree. I really hope I am wrong and we get a semi-competative fight.
chichi3c
I agree with that statement, too. I think mosley is a little bigger than these 3 which we are speaking of. I personally think Mosley would beat Marquez and punish pacquiao.... but Mayweather is hard to catch. Between Mosley and Mayweather I wouldn't know who to pick.
leonthegee
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Aug 27 2009, 12:00 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bai6-O3ezfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFyBX2ssUSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21jlkljdBkI

Since the "great" Floyd Gayweather Jr. is back I wanted to take a trip down memory lane laugh.gif

u r a fucking queer. hahahaha
streetlion1
QUOTE (chichi3c @ Aug 27 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Yeah. I think Mayweather could have fought other people, too. But there is always the "would've, could've, should've." Everyone has it. As far as Pacquiao, yeah he's good, but I don't think he's great. He fought a drained Oscar. Oscar was a grown man walking around maybe 160-170 and then he dropped to 145. For a grow man to do that, I don't think everything is going to work right. And then he fought Hatton.......First of all, I never thought Hatton was "great" or "elite" status. He suffered the same fate as many Europeans..... once they cross the pond and challenge our best here in the States, they fall short (except for the heavyweights of course). So I don't like to downplay Pacman's victories, but they looked great......but to me it was more of a facade. I see Pacman as a successful promotional and marketing hype. But i give him all the credit in coming up with the perfect solution to the Hatton equation. I personally don't think it was that hard to solve, but he pulled it off perfectly. Now his next fight is at a catchweight in which Cotto already has problem making the official weight....s a catchweight will only hurt him more. Plus, I see Cotto almost like Hatton (this is in no disrespect to Cotto, I think Cotto is many levels better than Hatton) but i see them the same in the sense that Cotto is a seasoned fighter which has resorted to the same strategies and style for so long that I don't see him changing. therefore, Cotto is only an equation waiting to be solved. And I think Pacman and Roach are going to come up with that solution. there I don't think a win over Cotto is a big deal oter than the fact that Cotto is naturally bigger. Before I consider Pacman great, I'd like him to face the likes of Mosley, Mayweather, and a 100% Marquez. I believe Pacman lost both those fights, but Pacman is a changed fighter now. He comes in with gameplans......unlike the Pacquiao that Marquez fought that was simply jab, jab, straight.

The same reason you give for not considering Pacman great is the same reason I dont consider Gayweather great. He hasnt fought any of the top dogs of the welterweight division...he HAS been ducking and making excuses not to fight guys like Cotto...like Mosley...like Margarito(who I always felt would be one of the easiest fights for him). He is nowhere near great until he proves it by fighting the REAL top welters that everyone wants to see him fight.

I wouldnt go looking past Cotto....Manny could very easily be beatin in that fight. Cotto has always been somewhat underrated. We all saw Cotto change his strategy late in the Mosley fight...he can not only box but he can slug it out with people. (besides Margacheato) I think Cotto will win the fight and Floyd still wont fight him....the more I look at it the more I believe what Bob Arum said in that video....Gayweather doesnt want a challenge and he doesnt wanna fight the REAL welters.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (chichi3c @ Aug 28 2009, 01:44 AM) *
I agree with you there. It barely makes any sense to me. Only reason I can see for it is that it makes them look like better pound for pound fighters. Other than that, We'd see the same fights if those 3 were in lightweight or in welterweight. In Mayweather's case, I defend him by saying at least he fought guys in their respective weights. Oscar at 154 which he felt good at (at the time) and Baldomir was HIS strongest at 147 (whether he's a good opponent or not is another discussion) but the point is I see that Mayweather beat these guy's at their games. Marquez is trying to do the same. But Pacman (or Roach, I don't know who makes the decisions) know how to use these small details to their advantage.

You mean like how he fought Hatton at his best weight?

You also may want to ask Gerald McClellan how he feels about European fighters being out of their depth when they face Amerikkkans. That is if he can understand you of course.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 29 2009, 10:27 AM) *

You also may want to ask Gerald McClellan how he feels about European fighters being out of their depth when they face Amerikkkans. That is if he can understand you of course.

That is fucked up!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Aug 29 2009, 02:35 PM) *
That is fucked up!

I know I felt bad typing that. GM was a excellent fighter who took the risk getting in the ring & paid a very heavy price indeed. I just hate how Euro fighters get no respect. Sure there are quite a few that don't deserve resoect but there are plenty that fight their guts out too.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 29 2009, 10:53 AM) *
I know I felt bad typing that. GM was a excellent fighter who took the risk getting in the ring & paid a very heavy price indeed. I just hate how Euro fighters get no respect. Sure there are quite a few that don't deserve resoect but there are plenty that fight their guts out too.

Agreed! Euro fighters get no respect here in America. Its a shame too.
BigG
American fighters > European fighters..its just fact..laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Aug 27 2009, 08:11 PM) *

When asked about fighting Floyd, he is more concerned about "Getting this tooth fixed."

wtf.gif

Fact is as some guys get older they 'grow'into heavier weight classes. For instance I think Pac has grown into a true 140 pounder now. Hopkins is a legit 175 pounder. Same with PBF at 147. With other guys genetics play a role and they will simply never go to those heavier weight classes. JMM is a perfect example of this. He's a good fighter but the weight alone means he has no chance against PBF.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 29 2009, 05:05 PM) *
American fighters > European fighters..its just fact..laugh.gif

As is evident in the heavyweight division?

Thats pure fuckin bullshit. Fighters should be judged on their individual merits and to generalize them all based on location is nonsense. Thats like me saying all american fighters are total cunts based on Mayweather and Judah.
streetlion1
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Aug 27 2009, 07:11 PM) *

wtf.gif

I'll counter that video with this one where Mosley lets everyone know the truth about Gayweather... drag.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5w3kDIqmvw

Jack 1000
QUOTE (chichi3c @ Aug 27 2009, 06:01 PM) *
I love how everyone hates on mayweather, but they just can't keep him out of their mouths. When he was gone, they begged for him back. When he's here, they try to ridicule him. who do you fans like?

I don't know about begging for "Most money least risk" "I refuse to fight a puncher for fear of getting hurt" Gayweather having many friends who begged him to come back. When the business waltz rematch, (Mayweather-Delahoya II) fell through, I doubt that there were very many tears shed. Floyd sparred the public from another $60 PPV ripoff. The only reason Gayweather is fighting Marquez is because most likely Marquez cannot out-box Floyd, unless the layoff has been an issue and Floyd's reflexes are gone and HE KNOWS MARQUEZ CANNOT HURT HIM!

Mayweather has to have a non-puncher as an opponent and at least 60-75% of the playing field HIS way or there will be no fight. That's the way he has always been.

Even for haters like me who want to see Mayweather beaten badly, that's not gonna happen. Floyd won't fight a puncher or a banger brawler to put himself in the risk of a loss.

Jack
Jack 1000
Let it be known that I DESPISE Floyd Mayeather and even if he wins big and goes on to beat Manny, I will always hate him. But we have to judge the parameters of Mayweather-Marquez on the merits of the fighters, not personality.

Agree that this fight COULD get interesting if Marquez takes it to the ropes AND if Floyd has been affected by the layoff. Nothing would make me happier than to see this little prick Floyd get the living shit beaten out of him! (It doesn't even have to be inside the ring! hahaha)

The problem is that Marquez needs a brawler to to create a war type fight. Floyd will NEVER fight someone with the punch to hurt him. He got that buzzed experience with Castillo I and I don't think his mindset will let him go through a fight like that again. This is why I am so doubtful of a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight happening. (Manny would have to have a loss first, or lose the snap in his punch where he could no longer hurt Floyd. Than MAYBE Floyd would take the fight, at no less than a 60-40 split in his favor and a guaranteed rematch clause just in case Floyd were to lose.) I HATE HIM!!!!

What's sad is that Marquez can be competitive, but he doesn't have the punch to hurt Floyd or the speed to keep up with Floyd from the outside, or the jab to keep him at bay. It's a tactical fight. A perfect....nice......safe....opponent for Floyd. Good for Marquez to make it close, but Juan doesn't punch hard enough and can't because Floyd will avoid an inside fight, win a close, but convincing tactical fight and than won't STFU:

"Why should I have to fight Pacquiao? I beat the man who gave him more trouble than anybody ever did?" And than you notice that throughout his career when Floyd is asked about fighting a hard puncher, Floyd always makes excuses bullshit about an issue with the promoter or the money not being right. I think that's bullshit! He can't accept even the thought of getting hurt in a war. Brian Kenny should just rape him over the coals with this, because how else do you dismiss Floyd's refusing to fight a hard puncher?

Jack
iron_mike
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 29 2009, 10:27 AM) *

What's up with that? Is that the way the rest of the world sees us?
lloyd mayflower
Maybe not quite the KKK thing but America doesnt enjoy a great rep this side of the pond mate. Its more to do with attitudes towrds the rest of the world tho (at least in my neck of the woods)
MarzB
Floyd will NEVER fight someone with the punch to hurt him.

Is that the new battle cry for the Money May haters?? "Floyd can't deal with pressure", "Floyd only fights little guys" and now this?? LOL, So what was Chico Corrales when they fought a soft hitter?? Who is Floyd avoiding right now thatch a beast of a puncher??
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 8 2009, 05:17 PM) *
Floyd will NEVER fight someone with the punch to hurt him.

Is that the new battle cry for the Money May haters?? "Floyd can't deal with pressure", "Floyd only fights little guys" and now this?? LOL, So what was Chico Corrales when they fought a soft hitter?? Who is Floyd avoiding right now thatch a beast of a puncher??

So when was that Chico Corrales fight??? How long ago??? Damn...back then PBF was all about facing the best out there. Hard not to be a fan of his back then. Now it's all about the most money, and least risk.

Mosley's got good power. Cotto's got good power also?
MarzB
To that I say, when did he avoid Mosley?? Cotto? I can guarantee you should Cotto beat Pacquiao (as I think he should) and leaves Top Rank thats a makeable fight.

I mean it's amazing the heat Floyd catches but I don't recall him fighting such tough guys Michael Jennings, Carlos Quintana, Andy Kohle and David Diaz. It's ok the guys Floyd is supposedly RUNNING from to have these guys on their resumes recently right but not for Floyd.

Doesn't matter when Corrales fight was he fought him. Wasn't Dela Hoya the bigger guy when they fought (so much for the notion of little guys). Oh thats right he avoided a lucrative fight when he could have fought the cheating Tijuna Tornado right who he would have easily boxed circles around..

I believe Floyd has a five fight deal coming up. I guarantee he'll fight some of the names you all swear he's avoiding so get your excuses ready because I'm sure you'll have them for "Gayweather" (smirk and laughing at that BS).
lloyd mayflower
If he fights them then fair enough. He'll still be a graceless little arsehole, but at least people can stop slating him for ducking. I dont see it panning out like that tho.

And when did he avoid them? Well u cant tell me that in his last fight or his next one he is taking on prime WW oppostion, or even just WW oppostion, so maybe we can say hes avoiding them just now?
MarzB
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 8 2009, 05:59 PM) *
If he fights them then fair enough. He'll still be a graceless little arsehole, but at least people can stop slating him for ducking. I dont see it panning out like that tho.

And when did he avoid them? Well u cant tell me that in his last fight or his next one he is taking on prime WW oppostion, or even just WW oppostion, so maybe we can say hes avoiding them just now?

The ducking is myth that you little Mayweather haters have manufactured for your own argument and thats fine. No one can tell you guys different I'm just always amazed how a little "arsehole" as you describe him can consume so much of your mindset and post if he's all that you say he is.
lloyd mayflower
Mainly cos when you are as hate filled for someone as i am for him you really never tire of talking about that hatred. I can assure you however, that if someone eventually smashes his dial in, i will celebrate for a while, then only bring it up on special occasions.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 8 2009, 06:09 PM) *
Mainly cos when you are as hate filled for someone as i am for him you really never tire of talking about that hatred. I can assure you however, that if someone eventually smashes his dial in, i will celebrate for a while, then only bring it up on special occasions.

Good post. Floyd just needs to be hurt in the ring, lose, get humbled and humiliated. Than I agree with Lloyd Mayflower, I will celebrate for awhile and than move on!

Some people don't understand why is there all the Mayweather hate? Here are reasons why I hate him so much and what Floyd has done (and hasn't done) to in my view warrent the bashing of him:

I want to see Marquez break every bone in Gayfeather's body!!! I want Marquez to break and break Mayweather so badly that Mayweather is forced to retire from boxing and the world of boxing doesn't have to listen to his ranting bullshit ever again! Oh, he is such a fucking little cunt!!!!

But I just can't see that happening.

Maybe my hatred of Floyd that runs so deep would have been minimized if he would have faced a big puncher or two AT THE PRIME OF HIS CAREER and could just STFU with all the talk. If he would have done more fighting with his fists and not his mouth it would be so much better for the sport. He can't even back up his jive by fighting the type of guys that he should have fought. He made excuses instead of fighting a prime Cotto and Margarito. And I don't think that he deserves to be given a pass for that. Floyd can't make amends for that now, because it's too late. Well, yes he could still fight Manny. He needs a loss. Shutting him up might make him more humble and more tolerable to his critics.

And thank God for Brian Kenny calling Floyd out on his bullshit. I will acknowledge that Floyd is a very skilled boxer, but its the same thing that Jones did. How can you claim you're souring like an eagle when you're fighting a bunch of turkeys? Granted there were some good fighters that Floyd fought. But again only in a weight class lower than he, or Mayweather senses some vulnerability in them, or they are coming of a loss, or some other element that is a positive in Floyd's favor before he fights them.

Joe Louis still had his "Bum of The Month" club, but fought great fighters at the top of their game, so did Ali, so did Leonard, so did Pep, Armstrong, Frazier, Duran, Chavez, Arguello, Whitaker. And if they yapped shit like Ali did, it was done with class and flair, and baked up in the ring. Did these guys make excuses by not fighting big punchers at the top of their game, opponents at the prime of their career? For the most part, NO! They didn't jive about "If it makes dollars, it makes sense." They didn't duck big punchers for fear of getting hurt, they stood up and fought.

The legends may have still had some discussions about money or things pre-fight in their favor. But that didn't stop the fights in most cases from being made. Floyd Mayweather HAS to gain some respect by fighting opponents who are capable of beating him, hurting him, fighting through pain and coming out on top. Now why can't Floyd do this to prove me and the critics wrong? It just doesn't seam far to the fans that he short-changes guys like this.

And I can understand a lot of people who want Floyd to win so that the fight with Manny can be made. But given Mayweather's past history of avoiding guys who could hurt him, what are the chances of this fight being made?

Maybe we can get Mayweather-Delahoya II and Floyd could look like a legend in maybe beating Oscar in less rounds than Pacquiao did and we can listen to that rant for six months instead of Floyd fighting Manny. Why not Delahoya II? Hey that's OK with Floyd right? "If it means dollars, it makes sense." And people will buy it, right? In Floyd's mind, why fight Manny when he just easily beat the fighter who gave Manny more trouble than anybody. After all, Floyd's a superstar!

Jack
MarzB
I'll save you some paragraphs. You hate Floyd because he's a "braggart" and you probably like athletes who are more docile. Right?? I typically find those guys boring personality wise but I can respect their skills which it seems Mayweather haters tend to not even want to acknowledge unless they're a gun on their head.

You can go over ANY fighters resume at any point of their careers and cherry pick who they should have fought. IE Mosley seems to be a fav on this site, could you imagine if Floyd had fought Dela Cruz and David Estrada when other fights could have been made?? But whatever there, I think the Floyd hate is so entrenched within some of you you can't see the forest for the trees and again thats fine.

Plenty of fighters have said just ridiculous nonsense (Hopkins, Tyson to name a few) or controversial things but somehow they're excused

I just love how someone people have never met can embroil them in hatred so much when more than likely if they encountered that person face to face you'd avoid eye contact but I digress there.

Again, my simple summation, any fighters resume can be cherry picked, just depends on where you stand. I like his skills and work ethic. I tired on the money thing but it's no big deal to me in the end.

Let me state unequivocally that DLH II fight was BULLSCHIT squared. I understand they're thinking at the time it was more lucrative but I agree with you HATERS that the discussion/negotiation of that fight was nonsense. Unfortunately though unless you're Shane Mosley or Antonio Margarito, most fighters won't turn down a more lucrative fight for a less lucrative one.

Now Jack normally you're reasonable till it comes to Mayweather then you also go ape shit but on this statement here.

The legends may have still had some discussions about money or things pre-fight in their favor. But that didn't stop the fights in most cases from being made. Floyd Mayweather HAS to gain some respect by fighting opponents who are capable of beating him, hurting him, fighting through pain and coming out on top. Now why can't Floyd do this to prove me and the critics wrong? It just doesn't seam far to the fans that he short-changes guys like this.

Ok, I'd like to address the Floyd HATE Counsel, permission to speak?? Ok the man could NOT retire in peace and still NOT be discussed and you can check the archives to prove it. That said, now that he's returned you guys should grant him a pass for his inactivity right?? "
"But Marz, Ray Leonard came back straight against Hagler". My reply to that is, we're talking about Floyd not Ray Leonard and never mind that Ray's first comeback was against Kevin Howard but don't let things like facts affect your argument.

That said, after the business with Marquez is done that most of us agree he should win reasonably speaking right?? Who should Floyd make a fight against next??

I'll help you guys out here. I wish Shane since he now has a mouth wouldn't have taken the fight with Clottey because that pushes back a fight that could EASILY have been made next year. So who are these candidates Floyd should fight??

If he fights Cotto and wins you all will say Cotto was damaged goods. Mosley, "mosley was old". I don't even want to discuss Pacquiao because I think thats a mismatch.

So now that leaves paul williams right? Now I definitely think Paul is a HUGE HUGE problem for Floyd. Unfortunately though with all the weight jumping he's been doing, if that fight occurs at 147lb, it's advantage Floyd IMO. What are the other fights?? Clottey if he beats Mosley?? The fact is all those are makeable fights but I also see the naysayers, haters already having their excuses ready should Floyd beat those guys.

You're free to not like him but all the extra effort and hate threads and "I wish he'd die", I mean seek help. I feel sorry for your wives that you've allowed another man who you truly DON'T interact with at all to consume such hate within your minds.
torvix2000
So simple. Floyd just want to be hated. That's all.
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 8 2009, 07:08 PM) *
Seems to consume much of your mindset as well. Love and hate are both extremely strong feelings, they are just opposite. You are just as guilty of the opposite wink.gif

No doubt.....and I gotta add this....that even though Love is more rare than Hate, it is definitely the MORE consuming of the two emotions...and WAY more blind as well....

Thus, the quote..."Love is blind.".

so Marz......let me speak at you for a minute, man....I appreciate Lil' Floyd....I think he's Great with a capital "G".....but you won't see me defending him like you do......you defend the guy like he was your momma, or it's a job or somethin'....and I don't understand why you put out the effort for him...

You see....Floyd don't give a fuck about you.....he wouldn't feverishly defend YOU on a message board....so why should you do it for HIM?

Floyd is the most hated fighter in Boxing....that's all there is to it....accept it, bro...he could KO Pac in the 1st round, beat Williams at Middle...SD a returning Calzaghe at 68....and he would STILL be the most hated fighter on the planet.

which reminds me of why I wanted to address you in the 1st place....I don't like how you always say, "you haters here...you haters here....you haters here."....like a ton of people on the other boards DON'T hate Mayweather.....lol....you know this is the case for ANY well known Boxing board you visit...

You're never gonna find a Mayweather Hater-Free Boxing forum...unless it was a board at MoneyMay.com.
MarzB
I say that because you guys clamor over the smallest of things. I mean you all turn this place into a TMZ like place and I've been here for four years so I've seen it with my own eyes.

You see....Floyd don't give a fuck about you.....he wouldn't feverishly defend YOU on a message board....so why should you do it for HIM?

Dude look I'm not blind and I don't defend EVERYTHING Mayweather so watch your mouth there. He doesn't give a FLYING FUCK about you all either but you all can't stop talking about him so what does that say about you all?? I don't like Oscar Dela Hoya but I don't waste my time discussing every single tidbid, media blurb about him which is something I can't say for most of you Mayweather haters. You don't have to like him in fact I think your discussion of him makes him bigger,lol. But don't turn this into what you're attempting to describe here.

Keep wasting your time discussing ad-nauseam someone you supposedly hate.
JD
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 9 2009, 09:58 AM) *
"But Marz, Ray Leonard came back straight against Hagler". My reply to that is, we're talking about Floyd not Ray Leonard and never mind that Ray's first comeback was against Kevin Howard but don't let things like facts affect your argument.

Leonard fought Howard after a 2 year layoff and felt he did not have it so he decided to retire again. After being retired and idle for 3 years he came back and fought Hagler in his first fight. I don't think there is any connection between the Howard and Hagler fights in fairness.

I was no Leonard fan, Tommy was my guy, but the fact is, Leonard went up to middle and fought Marvin Hagler in his first fight after being out of boxing for 3 years.
The CEO
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 9 2009, 12:52 PM) *
I say that because you guys clamor over the smallest of things. I mean you all turn this place into a TMZ like place and I've been here for four years so I've seen it with my own eyes.

Dude look I'm not blind and I don't defend EVERYTHING Mayweather so watch your mouth there. He doesn't give a FLYING FUCK about you all either but you all can't stop talking about him so what does that say about you all?? I don't like Oscar Dela Hoya but I don't waste my time discussing every single tidbid, media blurb about him which is something I can't say for most of you Mayweather haters. You don't have to like him in fact I think your discussion of him makes him bigger,lol. But don't turn this into what you're attempting to describe here.

This is what I'm talkin' about...

1. Are you calling me a Mayweather hater?

2. Your posts suggest you don't like it here....

JD
Hater.
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Sep 9 2009, 01:37 PM) *
Hater.

Yes I am...and I take that as a compliment...thank you.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (MarzB @ Sep 9 2009, 12:52 PM) *

CEO doesn't hate Floyd... In fact, I'm not sure if he hates anyone not named Ricky? LOL

Anyways, I feel where you're coming from but not everyone on here hates Floyd. Some of these cats speak the truth in regards to Floyd. Guys like JD, Fitz, Sweetness have never said anything false about Floyd. I like Floyd but he doesn't make it easy being a fan of his. Most of the "GOOD" posters seem more frustrated then anything else. Truth is: Floyd has not challenged himself to the fullest and he has left some potential "Mega Fights" on the table. He could have taken on cats like Tszyu, Casamayor, Margarito... BUt he didn't. NOW, on the flipside, He did make a shitload of money without those fights so at the end of the day you really can't knock the man for that. I also don't think people should be shitting on him for his fight with Marquez. Especially after a 2 year lay off.

Floyd chose to play the villian in order to make money. Smart Move! That shit is working. There's a reason why Pacquiao Vs Mayweather would be the biggest fight in boxing.

So I have given up on defending Floyd because at the end of the day, it's Floyd that brings it on himself. And most posters here (that matter anyway) are very logical with their analysis of Floyd. I do, however, think the whole "Gayweather", "pussy", and "cunt" remarks are a bit overboard.
Keith
I'm not sure I count as a "poster that matters", but I cant resist a good ole Floyd thread. The guy is discussed so much... there really isnt anything left to say. Beyond all of the bragging and weak ass fights that he makes... I hate him for something much more sublte... he's changed. I remember early on in his career he was a good interview. He was pleasant to watch. He smiled because he seemed like he loved boxing and its fans. He was relatively humble. Somewhere he changed. I cant figure out if it was all at once or gradual. I wasnt necesarily a fan of PBF, I always loved Mosley, but everything he does now is antagonistic towards the sport and its fans. Everything. I really dislike people who change when their circumstances change. He was lying to us then, or he is lying to us now... because he's not the same person he was 10 years ago. And that is straight disrespectful in so many ways.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think if posters here can call Mayweather a "cunt", "gayweather" or talk about how they would be happy to see him have "every bone in his body broken" then I don't see why people should stop MarzB from displaying his love for Mayweather by defending him. Sure,he thinks everyone who criticizes Mayweather is a "hater" and commits the same sin he accuses the "haters" of making but this is a forum and we are allowed to say what we feel about the sport .
Romulus9
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 9 2009, 10:31 PM) *
I think if posters here can call Mayweather a "cunt", "gayweather" or talk about how they would be happy to see him have "every bone in his body broken" then I don't see why people should stop MarzB from displaying his love for Mayweather by defending him. Sure,he thinks everyone who criticizes Mayweather is a "hater" and commits the same sin he accuses the "haters" of making but this is a forum and we are allowed to say what we feel about the sport .

I just want to see him back up his big mouth, step into an MMA arena, and fight one of the MMA guys that he keeps putting down. Don't fight a hack, either. Fight the best guy in your weight class. Fight B.J. Penn.

He's an absolute assclown and people are just sick of hearing him run his mouth while avoiding the biggest and most dangerous fights around. People talk shit about de la Hoya all the time but, no matter what your personal opinion of Oscar may be, no one can deny that he fought everyone out there. He ducked no one, he took every challenge, and then some. The biggest section on Floyd's resume will be the list of fights he avoided at all costs.

Watching someone destroy him will make for a wonderful day.
MarzB
step into an MMA arena, and fight one of the MMA guys that he keeps putting down

The same could be said about asking an MMA fighter to step in a boxing ring so it goes both ways. I'm not a fan of it so I could really careless about his comments about MMA frankly.

I do, however, think the whole "Gayweather", "pussy", and "cunt" remarks are a bit overboard.

Thats generally what I speak about. Fine don't like Floyd because he talks too much. He certainly isn't the first that has. But all the "he's a had a well managed career", "he's ducked people", "he can die", it's like "ok, get over yourselves!!!". You're way too consumed in your hatred of someone you really don't know.
lloyd mayflower
Thats just the way being a sports fan works. Some of the abuse football (soccer for you non believers) players take is nothing short of vile but its part and parcel, and its certainly part and parcel on internet forums.

For my part, i don think im too consumed in my hate for Floyd, I hate everyone who behaves like him whether iv met them or not.

Maybe you should pick a boxer that you dont like and unleash furious hatred for him all over this board. Might make you feel better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.